3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WingsDJY']Not sure if this was posted on CAG yet or not. Disney has announced a "work-around" for people who want Oz the Great and Powerful in 3D and 2D. As expected, the "work-around" involves you giving Disney more money (+$5.99):

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11069[/QUOTE]

The "workaround" is absurd--I wouldn't mind if it was just 3D/DC if it was the same price or cheaper than the 2D/DVD/DC set (I would never watch the 2D or DVD copies--and most 3D players/TVs should let you watch the 3D version as 2D anyway). But it is already a premium price and they want you to pay more?! Does the 3D disc even contain all of the extras from the 2D version? From that thread it also sounded like they might also offer a similar upgrade to 3D. If that was the case, I might have preordered the 2D version on Amazon when they had the $5 coupon. Unless this drops to $20 or less for release day, I'll just wait for a cheap/used copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']I enjoyed it, and am still very happy even with a double dip on the title. It's one of the more enjoyable CGI family blurays that my wife, kid and I equally love. We had watched the streaming 3D version on HBO twice before hand, so I had an idea what to expect in terms of the depth and application of 3D (although the streaming compression was no match to the 3d blu's PQ).

This review is pretty accurate IMHO (especially the part about the 3d master eschewing the more gimmicky 3D cliches & affectations). I would add that the 3D really helps flesh-out the physical presence of characters (and their differences)- the 3D also really heightens & improves some of the more emotional sequences and their impact (the first flight comes to mind- as the speed, depth and motion becomes much more immersive and- obviously- a more exhilarating emotional experience).

I heartily recommend the 3D blu to any fan of this film.[/QUOTE]

Really appreciate the heads up, think I'm going to buy it now!

[quote name='pablo escobar']For anyone brave enough to venture into Walmart, Dredd 3d is priced as 12.96. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Damn... that's $2 cheaper than I just paid at Best Buy before the upgrade and save.

I just don't know if I could handle going in there to save $2.....

[quote name='pablo escobar']For anyone brave enough to venture into Walmart, Dredd 3d is priced as 12.96. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, this is so true. It is like entering the Twilight Zone.

[quote name='SMBScooby']Did Speed Racer ever come out in 3D, if not do you think they will?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure as converting movies gets cheaper AND more people subscribe to 3D, yes, it'll happen. But until 3D picks up more steam, we're a ways off. Don't get me wrong, I think 3D is here to stay, but until autostereoscopic screens/tvs come out (no glasses), it won't have that "it" factor it's so desperately trying for.

[quote name='KyleN']Saw this posted on another site:[/QUOTE]

Dang missed that. Would have been all over Rise of the Guardians for $15. If anybody got that and didn't like it, I'm willing to trade Amazing Spider-Man or Hotel Transylvania (both 3D) for it.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone find GAMER 3D at Best Buy? I was looking to use U&S coupon, but I didn't find it at one of my BB. Debating if I want to keep looking.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I was looking and looking. Only found a non-3D copy. Checked online and noticed there's no store pickup option for the 3D version. Customer service checked the SKU for surrounding stores. Nothing. Tried to have it ordered at customer service and the coupon wouldn't go through.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Not sure if this was posted on CAG yet or not. Disney has announced a "work-around" for people who want Oz the Great and Powerful in 3D and 2D. As expected, the "work-around" involves you giving Disney more money (+$5.99):

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11069[/QUOTE]

This is pretty dumb. I mean, Disney set the tone for all these 3D/2D/DVD/DC sets and to now change that up yet have the balls to charge the same price still? Personally I've been picking up the full 3D sets lately because although I don't have a 3D television currently, I will someday so it makes sense to get the full combo so I can enjoy the 2D/DVD/DC versions to my heart's content and have the 3D disc for future use. I can only hope that this is just a test with Oz (a movie I was never going to get anyways) because I'd hate to get less value for my dollar with their sets.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone find GAMER 3D at Best Buy? I was looking to use U&S coupon, but I didn't find it at one of my BB. Debating if I want to keep looking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Nope. I was looking and looking. Only found a non-3D copy. Checked online and noticed there's no store pickup option for the 3D version. Customer service checked the SKU for surrounding stores. Nothing. Tried to have it ordered at customer service and the coupon wouldn't go through.[/QUOTE]

You won't find it in stores. If an online item has an eight digit sku(like Gamer 3D), it is an online only item. I have read elsewhere that you can not use the express lane w/ U&S because of this also.

Anyone have a reliable & working inventory checker for walmart, also a SKU for Dredd would be nice? (The old inventory checker I used to use for WalMart is down.)

Also, when did employees stop looking to see if a product was listed in the inventory, I spent a good half hour looking for it and then, after asking, guy at the counter refused to even try to look it up.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Nope. I was looking and looking. Only found a non-3D copy. Checked online and noticed there's no store pickup option for the 3D version. Customer service checked the SKU for surrounding stores. Nothing. Tried to have it ordered at customer service and the coupon wouldn't go through.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Cirque du Solie: Journey of man 3D was going to be in store, but I checked online today and found its online only as well. I always check online for blu-ray inventory first since all Best Buys are a good 15-20 minute drive from where I'm at, and then another 20-30 minutes between each other.

[quote name='darkdaze73']You won't find it in stores. If an online item has an eight digit sku(like Gamer 3D), it is an online only item. I have read elsewhere that you can not use the express lane w/ U&S because of this also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I didn't, even, think to check for it online since it was a new release(well, new re-release into 3D).

Lol. I saw it in Walmart and tried to do their competitor price matching. The wording on the coupon made it a no go.

[quote name='freshzen']I was thinking Cirque du Solie: Journey of man 3D was going to be in store, but I checked online today and found its online only as well. I always check online for blu-ray inventory first since all Best Buys are a good 15-20 minute drive from where I'm at, and then another 20-30 minutes between each other.[/QUOTE]

I was going to get that 1, too.

In case anyone has missed it Fry's has several 3D blu's with free shipping for under $15
Just a few: Life of Pi, Top Gun, Hotel Trans, MIB 3, Madagascar 3, Capt. America, THOR, Avatar, Prometheus, Ice Age 3D, Amazing Spidey, and Abe Lincoln . . . etc.

One missed in the SD thread (not under $15) is GAMER 3D for $16.99 (just I thought I'd mentioned that as a few posts mention looking for a deal on it).

Be sure and select the Ultra-saver shipping option.

Edit: Many are OOS now, a few are now ship-to-store only, and a few are now $3 shipping.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']In case anyone has missed it Fry's has several 3D blu's with free shipping for under $15
Just a few: Life of Pi, Top Gun, Hotel Trans, MIB 3, Madagascar 3, Capt. America, THOR, Avatar, Prometheus, Ice Age 3D, Amazing Spidey, and Abe Lincoln . . . etc.
[/QUOTE]

Wow--The Last Airbender--pretty much the only theatrically-released film on 3D BD that I don't own yet (I thought this was still a Best Buy exclusive). Very tempting to complete my collection, despite the fact that the film wasn't that great--maybe it's better in 3D? :) (Never saw the cartoon, so can't compare).

Pretty bummed I missed out on Life of Pi from Frys, no longer available for shipping. Going to pickup AL: Vampire Hunter for sure though. Trying to decide if Top Gun is worth it too, loved that movie when I was like 6.

[quote name='freshzen']Pretty bummed I missed out on Life of Pi from Frys, no longer available for shipping. Going to pickup AL: Vampire Hunter for sure though. Trying to decide if Top Gun is worth it too, loved that movie when I was like 6.[/QUOTE]

I liked that movie a lot as a kid too and while it was great to watch it again, the 3d wasn't very good in it. Just my opinion.

[quote name='pablo escobar']I liked that movie a lot as a kid too and while it was great to watch it again, the 3d wasn't very good in it. Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I, on the other hand, don't really care for the movie itself, but I thought the conversion was very well done! It seems almost as if it was shot in 3D with great little touches like the contrails of the jets having their own clearly defined 3D "layers."

I'd almost say that the 3D conversion was on par with 'Titanic' or 'Jurassic Park'... or maybe, more accurately, somewhere in-between the two!

Nice...Top Gun is obviously a cheesy 80s movie. Highway to the Danger Zone FTW!

I wasn't sure if these old movie conversions would be good, but Titanic is just phenomenal. Its better than some of the 2012 movies I've seen in 3D. Probably going to have to get that...and Alien Anthology.

I was able to get Best Buy to price match Fry's even with the movies being on backorder. Grabbed Life of Pi and Ice Age Continental Drift.

[quote name='psunami']I was able to get Best Buy to price match Fry's even with the movies being on backorder. Grabbed Life of Pi and Ice Age Continental Drift.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also went today and they had no problem price matching anything! I was a bit surprised. Picked up life of pi, MiB 3, the amazing spiderman, and the dark knight trilogy. Great deal!

If you've no qualms about a used disc, Family Video has copies of Dredd for ... $9.95 iirc. Since the 2D and 3D are on one disc, you're good to go.

I got Dredd 3D for $7.xx(this included shipping) during a goHastings sale. Was "previously viewed", but came in excellent condition(aside from the barcode ring in the middle).

Glad I bought it. Much better viewing experience of it at home.

Their sales are something to watch for.

[quote name='murphdrag']Just picked up the Avengers 3d for $9.95 at Family Video.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Family Video is that they split up their combo packs. I almost picked up a few blus a few weeks ago (Django for $8, etc) but despite being in a combo pack box with slipcover, you only get the one disc. At $8 for just the one disc, I'll wait for a price drop and a BBY U&S promo and get the whole thing.

[quote name='Navigator2001Plus']My local Wal-Mart has Dredd 3D for under $13. $12.96 or something like that. I think it's a YMMV deal.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this at my store for 12.96 as well. Almost wish I hadn't paid 19.99 on release but damn if that movie isn't worth full price.

Navigator2001Plus said:
My local Wal-Mart has Dredd 3D for under $13. $12.96 or something like that. I think it's a YMMV deal.
Just saw this at my store for 12.96 as well. Almost wish I hadn't paid 19.99 on release but damn if that movie isn't worth full price.

Same price at my Walmart, looking forward to seeing this in 3D loved the first time I saw it. Thanks for the heads up.

Check out the Oz Great and Powerful thread for a deal on that.

Also- Toys'R'Us has Monsters Inc 3D for $19,99 if you can find a copy.

Does anyone have a good source on what future 3D releases are still coming? At one point in time, they were working on conversions of Harry Potter 5&6, and King Kong, and the other 5 Star Wars movies. I have to imagine that The Incredibles is coming sometime soon. I'd guess LotR is a good contender for a conversion due to Jackson's love of 3D and The Hobbit trilogy. Similarly, I expect Terminator 1/2 and Abyss might be getting the treatment.

Does anyone have a good source on what future 3D releases are still coming? At one point in time, they were working on conversions of Harry Potter 5&6, and King Kong, and the other 5 Star Wars movies. I have to imagine that The Incredibles is coming sometime soon. I'd guess LotR is a good contender for a conversion due to Jackson's love of 3D and The Hobbit trilogy. Similarly, I expect Terminator 1/2 and Abyss might be getting the treatment.
There's been talk of 'Order of the Phoenix' and 'Half-Blood Prince' being released in 3D, but I'm pretty sure that's only due to the fact that they were partially converted for their IMAX theatrical releases. I haven't heard anything about King Kong being converted, but now that I've searched for it and found out Jackson and company converted about 10 minutes of it into 3D, I still don't think it's going to see a re-release any time soon. The 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy could definitely be up for the treatment as soon as the 'Hobbit' films and their extended editions are all released, but nothing has been confirmed.

The other 'Star Wars' conversions have been put on the backburner to give full attention to 'Episode VII'... and maybe episodes VIII and IX... and maybe the two standalone "character" movies... so we might not see those until 2019 or so.

In terms of Pixar: I would personally LOVE to see 'The Incredibles' or 'Wall-E' converted into 3D, but I've seen talk about 'Ratatouille' being converted since 2010. I would actually expect 'Cars' to be the next Pixar film converted into 3D, due to the inevitability that 'Cars 3' will be Pixar's follow-up to 'Finding Dory'... that's just my own speculation, but I think it's quite possible... unfortunately.

Finally, regarding the Cameron films, I could see practically all of his films eventually getting Blu-ray 3D releases, but only 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' seeing a theatrical 3D release.

That's my "two cents," but I don't know of any reliable source for CONFIRMED 3D (re)releases.

Here is a list of all the 3D movies (real and converted) scheduled for release for the rest of this year and 2014.

Thanks for the info on Epic.  My daughters really enjoyed that.  (I fell asleep, not sure if it was the content or general parental tiredness.)

I can confirm my own rumor, if that;'s worth anything.  I picked up the 5 Disc version for $19.99 the day after I posted that.  I had a groupon 20% off, but it didn't take since it was already on sale.

I'd guess the deal is over by now, but it did show $35 on the website whilst it was onsale at the store.

bread's done
Back