3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was one of the people that pre-ordered LEGO Movie 3D @Amazon and had it canceled... Well they ended up giving me a $10 off coupon for the Everything Is Awesome Edition. I didn't contact them or anything, thought it was pretty cool of them. So I'm getting it for $29!

Looks like Cloudy 2 3D will be $15 at Target starting next Sunday (4/6-4/12)
Checking the Target Ad on-line today shows a picture of the 3D Cloudy 2 Blu Ray for $15, but when you click on it the description and new picture is the 2D version. I plan to stop at Target tomorrow (Monday) and push to get the 3D edition for $15 if it doesn't show as being on sale since that is the ad picture. If I am correct about the situation and you are interested in this, you may want to move quick as they may put up an ad correction notice shortly. That said, those near a Best Buy or even a Walmart you may be able to get a price match using the Target ad.

Went this morning and price matched Cloudy 2 3D at Best Buy for $15, no problem. Showed them the ad on my phone and all was good. Might be best to take in the ad, so they don't click in and see it's a misprint. Good luck guys.

Checking the Target Ad on-line today shows a picture of the 3D Cloudy 2 Blu Ray for $15, but when you click on it the description and new picture is the 2D version. I plan to stop at Target tomorrow (Monday) and push to get the 3D edition for $15 if it doesn't show as being on sale since that is the ad picture. If I am correct about the situation and you are interested in this, you may want to move quick as they may put up an ad correction notice shortly. That said, those near a Best Buy or even a Walmart you may be able to get a price match using the Target ad.
You probably shouldn't wait. If they catch it, they can post a correction at the entrance to the store where they post the ad and they won't honor the mistake. I'm heading over in a few minutes to try for one.

Just got back from target and got Cloudy 2 3D for the 15.00 after i showed ad. the hardest part was finding the 3d copy at target. he had to search the back.

Just go to the Disney Movie Club thread.
Aren't all the 3D movies excluded? I have every Disney movie excluding a few 3D movies like Little Mermaid, Gforce, Cars, Chicken Little, Toy Story 1 and 2 and Alice in Wonderland. The only other thing that even remotely interest me is Tailspin vol.3, Goof Troop, and Gargoyles, I don't think there is even enough to get me to try and join.

dmC currently has a b2g1f sale, 3d movies included. You could gift or sell the films you get as part of the sign up process.

Just got back from target and got Cloudy 2 3D for the 15.00 after i showed ad. the hardest part was finding the 3d copy at target. he had to search the back.
I went to Target last night and could not find Cloudy 2 3D on the shelves - lots of 2D BDs and DVDs though. I found someone stocking the shelves who looked to be a trainer as well and asked for help. He dug around the shelves a bit before I finally asked if he could check the system to see if they had any so we don't waste time. After checking he found one in back and went to get it, noting that it had been 'discontinued.' He did find it though the outer cardboard sleeve was a bit dinged up, though for $15 I couldn't complain.

Now if I can only find Despicable Me 2 3D for sub-$20 I would be set :razz:

I went to Target last night and could not find Cloudy 2 3D on the shelves - lots of 2D BDs and DVDs though. I found someone stocking the shelves who looked to be a trainer as well and asked for help. He dug around the shelves a bit before I finally asked if he could check the system to see if they had any so we don't waste time. After checking he found one in back and went to get it, noting that it had been 'discontinued.' He did find it though the outer cardboard sleeve was a bit dinged up, though for $15 I couldn't complain.

Now if I can only find Despicable Me 2 3D for sub-$20 I would be set :razz:
Looks like we may have that come next week, according to the latest BB ad scan. ;)

FoxConnect.com is having a 3D sale, most are $11.99

Looks like there's also a $6 coupon code "bunny" that works on Narnia--not sure about other titles.

http://www.foxconnect.com/3d.html?limit=64

Epic
Glee: The 3D Concert
Gulliver's Travels
I, Robot
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas ($9.99)
Immortals
Jumper
Life of Pi 
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Predator
Prometheus
Rio
The Wolverine
Walking with Dinosaurs 

FoxConnect.com is having a 3D sale, most are $11.99

Looks like there's also a $6 coupon code "bunny" that works on Narnia--not sure about other titles.

http://www.foxconnect.com/3d.html?limit=64

Epic
Glee: The 3D Concert
Gulliver's Travels
I, Robot
Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas ($9.99)
Immortals
Jumper
Life of Pi
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Predator
Prometheus
Rio
The Wolverine
Walking with Dinosaurs
Thanks! Definitely grabbing Dinosaurs and Ice Age but I never seen any of theme of the 3 in the sale are all of Ice Age movies good? Should I avoid any? For reference we have Epic and Rio which was by the same studio and I thought those were decent.

Thanks! Definitely grabbing Dinosaurs and Ice Age but I never seen any of theme of the 3 in the sale are all of Ice Age movies good? Should I avoid any? For reference we have Epic and Rio which was by the same studio and I thought those were decent.
The Christmas one is only 26 minutes long, so unless you enjoy the franchise holiday cash-ins, I'd avoid it.

Code does not work on Wolverine. Also shipping is not free, but appears to be a flat rate.

Is the "bunny" code $6.00 off per order or per eligible title?

"Bunny" was part of another sale for 50% off Easter Family-Favorite titles--the only 2 3d titles in that batch were the two mentioned above. They must have ended that promo--I no longer see the code mentioned when you go to the page: http://www.foxconnect.com/promos/easter-sale.html
Good thing I got it in when I did then, though I missed out on getting IACD for $2.40 (it would have qualified me for free shipping, so $6.00 - 3.60 in shipping charges).

GI Joe Retaliation 3D is on sale for 9.99 @ FYE in store; just picked one up. Sadly none of the sale prices are labeled so there maybe other titles that are on sale but the clerk said he didn't know which ones were.

Best Buy has Despicable Me 2 3D for $19.99. While not as good as the $15 misprint deal for Cloudy 2 3D, it is still sub-$20 and I just ordered it. Doesn't include the lunchbox that you get with the 2D version though. :cry:
YMMV of course, but I was able to get it for free. I placed the order with the lunchbox at full price, so when I went to pick up my order, the guy said it was cool I was getting the lunchbox free. I mentioned that I was charged and he immediately returned the order and rescanned everything and manually adjusted the price of the lunchbox.

YMMV of course, but I was able to get it for free. I placed the order with the lunchbox at full price, so when I went to pick up my order, the guy said it was cool I was getting the lunchbox free. I mentioned that I was charged and he immediately returned the order and rescanned everything and manually adjusted the price of the lunchbox.
My nearest Best Buy is about a 3-4 hour drive away, so I had to order online. Before sending my last message I emailed customer service to 'confirm I am getting the lunchbox.' The ad doesn't say anything about excluding the 3D Blu Ray, just that the lunchbox comes with the DVD or Blu Ray so I am hoping they will add it on. I would get the 3D BD at this price without the lunchbox, but I know my little girl would love it as the Minions are her favorites right now.

Page 20 of the physical ad. Online it does not give you the option to add the 3D version for the promo:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat328100050004&type=category&h=403

I hope you luck out CarsForever
I got a call from Best Buy yesterday morning in response to my e-mail about the DM2 3D not including the metal lunchbox. I was correct that it was not included, but they are sending it at no cost in a separate shipment. The CSR tried to have me use a credit card for the order, despite it being no cost, but when I resisted she tried placing the order and it went through. I already have the confirmation.

If the lunchbox is important to you, a quick polite e-mail referencing the ad may go a long way. I don't think I would mention that someone on a message board got the lunchbox though - just try being polite and it will likely work out.

I got a call from Best Buy yesterday morning in response to my e-mail about the DM2 3D not including the metal lunchbox. I was correct that it was not included, but they are sending it at no cost in a separate shipment. The CSR tried to have me use a credit card for the order, despite it being no cost, but when I resisted she tried placing the order and it went through. I already have the confirmation.

If the lunchbox is important to you, a quick polite e-mail referencing the ad may go a long way. I don't think I would mention that someone on a message board got the lunchbox though - just try being polite and it will likely work out.
That's awesome, I'm sure your daughter will be stoked. I got mine stored in a closet for my daughter when she's old enough, if the minions are still relevant, I'm sure she'll enjoy it :p

YMMV but I bought Despicable Me 2 3D yesterday and went back in store today with the ad to ask about the lunchbox and they gave one to me.
Definitely YMMV. Tried to buy 3D version with lunchbox today, and the cashier nor manager would give it away. The manager offered to sell the box for $5. I decided to just buy the movie and will try go back to the store tomorrow with the ad and the receipt.

No shipping to US, it seems. :(

Funny enough, there was another seller with one Brand New for 9.99CDN. I grabbed that, hoping it goes through.

UPDATE: And it shipped. Here's hoping it's the right thing. Thanks for the heads-up!
It showed up today and it appears to be legit, just the Canadian version. It has a few dings, but is sealed - for $16.50USD shipped, I'm not complaining. Thanks for the heads up, EDiTOR9!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23845]

It showed up today and it appears to be legit, just the Canadian version. It has a few dings, but is sealed - for $16.50USD shipped, I'm not complaining. Thanks for the heads up, EDiTOR9!
Nice deal. I picked up all three via TRU when they were doing the $10 off coupon with pre-orders and ended up getting all three for less than $30, but this is a great deal.

Amazon has some titles on sale for $17.99 (the lowest they've been on Amazon):

Dial M For Murder

The Wizard of Oz

Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Jack the Giant Slayer

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

The Last Airbender

bread's done
Back