3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

No. Frozen 3D is not cheap, but 2D is, I guess I will wait for 3D to drop price if it has great 3D reviews. I don't have either edition yet.

Guess I will just get 2D Live Die Repeat and Hercules.

Looked everywhere for life die repeat but couldn't find that or Hercules anywhere cheap? Where will it be on sale?
I haven't seen either for sale anywhere, sorry. I'm expecting it not to happen this weekend.

If you want to settle for the awful-per-reviews The Legend of Hercules 3d, it's a mere $6.96 at Amazon right now.

I did get Arthur Christmas for $15 there. Never did see it.

For anyone who might care, same price at Best Buy, I can confirm. Saw they had it listed for $19.99 or something like that, asked if they'd price match Amazon (they said no during BF week) but cashier scanned it and it rang up $14.99 anyway. Wish it was the extended cut too, not just the theatrical =\ Still a great deal though, glad I got it!

Well, it looks like the Lego Movie Everything is Awesome edition wasn't a typo.  My Target had a pile of them marked $9 last night, and they rang up as that.

Well, it looks like the Lego Movie Everything is Awesome edition wasn't a typo. My Target had a pile of them marked $9 last night, and they rang up as that.
Yep, it was legit $9, I saw a stack at the store I went to as well. I wish I had waited instead of spending over $30 on it around launch. Ah well, what're ya gonna do?

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12280596" timestamp="1417184409"]Well, it looks like the Lego Movie Everything is Awesome edition wasn't a typo. My Target had a pile of them marked $9 last night, and they rang up as that.[/quote]

This makes me sick. Against my better judgment, I ran out to Target at 11:00 last night after the family was in bed to try and grab this (app/site showed in stock everywhere). Wandered around the store for an hour, asked everyone I could get a hold of, and checked every promotional endcap I could find. No luck, and calling three other locations yielded same results before I gave up around 1:00 am. The store computer showed 44 in stock. Some mouth breather must have grabbed them all.

This makes me sick. Against my better judgment, I ran out to Target at 11:00 last night after the family was in bed to try and grab this (app/site showed in stock everywhere). Wandered around the store for an hour, asked everyone I could get a hold of, and checked every promotional endcap I could find. No luck, and calling three other locations yielded same results before I gave up around 1:00 am. The store computer showed 44 in stock. Some mouth breather must have grabbed them all.
So far, everyone has been able to get one that I had read. I did find them in an odd location though .... it was a main aisle endcap in the toy section, not by the movies.

Thank you guys SO much! I had been wanting Lego and Edge of Tomorrow in 3D and hadn't seen them for sale anywhere. Already snagged Lego and will try to grab Edge of Tomorrow at TRU. If it's not the 3D version, I'll stop by a local Target or Best Buy and see if they'll match it. It annoys me to no end that the 2D versions of these movies are HEAVILY discounted, but we haven't seen much in the way of the 3D.

Mine was hiding in the kids' clothing section. I had an employee who helped me find it... I guarantee it's the same everywhere. They still had a ton of copies and it seems every store got about 40ish.

They aren't in electronics/entertainment. They're in the Black Friday shippers, typically stores will put those shippers on the floorpad in softlines(clothing).

[quote name="nosferatu51" post="12281230" timestamp="1417197554"]Thank you guys SO much! I had been wanting Lego and Edge of Tomorrow in 3D and hadn't seen them for sale anywhere. Already snagged Lego and will try to grab Edge of Tomorrow at TRU. If it's not the 3D version, I'll stop by a local Target or Best Buy and see if they'll match it. It annoys me to no end that the 2D versions of these movies are HEAVILY discounted, but we haven't seen much in the way of the 3D.
Mine was hiding in the kids' clothing section. I had an employee who helped me find it... I guarantee it's the same everywhere. They still had a ton of copies and it seems every store got about 40ish.[/quote]

I'll try stopping at another Target on the way home this evening, but getting the feeling the ship has sailed.

Any reason to hope Amazon might offer a similar deal on or before Cyber Monday?

Thank you guys SO much! I had been wanting Lego and Edge of Tomorrow in 3D and hadn't seen them for sale anywhere. Already snagged Lego and will try to grab Edge of Tomorrow at TRU. If it's not the 3D version, I'll stop by a local Target or Best Buy and see if they'll match it. It annoys me to no end that the 2D versions of these movies are HEAVILY discounted, but we haven't seen much in the way of the 3D.

Mine was hiding in the kids' clothing section. I had an employee who helped me find it... I guarantee it's the same everywhere. They still had a ton of copies and it seems every store got about 40ish.
Best Buy and Target don't do price matching until after Cyber Monday.

And yes, I find it so annoying how the 2d are like 1/3-1/4 the price for these sales. Still hoping to find a deal on 3D Hercules.

Columbia House has a Buy 2 get 1 free plus free shipping deal going on right now--but Hercules and TMNT are like $36--so 3 titles would still average $26 each.

[quote name="RedvsBlue" post="12281441" timestamp="1417200687"]They aren't in electronics/entertainment. They're in the Black Friday shippers, typically stores will put those shippers on the floorpad in softlines(clothing).[/quote]

Yup. I found all of those last night and they were bare of the LEGO: EIA Ed.

Totally bombed on the Target and Best Buy PMs. Edge of Tomorrow 3D at TRU is definitely a bust. The 2D has the same SKU in their system. Might run to a Walmart near me and see though.

Edit: WalMart has a policy to price match any deal on black Friday that is still active. Just an FYI

I tried a WalMart for Live Die Repeat, but the Bluray section was totally trashed and it was impossible to find anything.

If it is still up tomorrow I will give it a shot then.

Thanks for the information everyone.

Do any of the studios have a 3D upgrade system like you can request a 3D addon disc in the mail for a few bucks?

For those with Columbia House, they have a Buy 2 Get 1 Free plus free shipping and 10% off with code CYBERSUNDAY right now, so may be some deals to be had.

You realize 3d was never released in the US right?
I could be mistaken, but by them saying "drop," the were referring to it actually releasing, not a price drop. Although, with Disney's lack of concern for 3D Blu releases in NA recently, I won't be holding my breath. I'm content with the 2D version for the moment but may consider importing the UK 3D version down the road. Just hate those stupid rating labels.

Do any of the studios have a 3D upgrade system like you can request a 3D addon disc in the mail for a few bucks?
There's only one instance of that which I know of - Oz the Great and Powerful allowed you to buy the 3-D disc with purchase of the 2-D version, but it was only good for a limited time, and has long since expired. With hat movie there is no 2-D/3-D combo pack, only one or the other.

I could be mistaken, but by them saying "drop," the were referring to it actually releasing, not a price drop. Although, with Disney's lack of concern for 3D Blu releases in NA recently, I won't be holding my breath. I'm content with the 2D version for the moment but may consider importing the UK 3D version down the road. Just hate those stupid rating labels.
Amazon.uk recently had a bu 1 get one free Disney 3-D, with Frozen included. The next time that comes around that's probably your best bet. One word of warning - UK Disney 3-D releases are pretty bare bones compared with their NA counterparts. They tend not to include DVDs, Special Features discs, or Digital Copies, and of course, the DMR points are no good here, though if you contact Disney and play dumb they might award them to you the first time.

There's only one instance of that which I know of - Oz the Great and Powerful allowed you to buy the 3-D disc with purchase of the 2-D version, but it was only good for a limited time, and has long since expired. With hat movie there is no 2-D/3-D combo pack, only one or the other.
Sad that there isn't more than that instance, :( Looks like I will be returning those cheap 2Ds that reviews say is great in 3D.

Man, I always forget about the greed of your fellow man.  Went to BB at open to get a Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook for an xmas gift.  And some asshat was grabbing every single last one he could.

Never seen it cheaper, but noticed Iron Man 3 3D is $27.99 on BestBuy.com. It's backordered for shipping.

Luckily I had the right amount of RZ money.

Never seen it cheaper, but noticed Iron Man 3 3D is $27.99 on BestBuy.com. It's backordered for shipping.

Luckily I had the right amount of RZ money.
Thanks, I may break down and get it with some RZ money as well. Don't understand why it's always stayed so pricy.

Man, I always forget about the greed of your fellow man. Went to BB at open to get a Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook for an xmas gift. And some asshat was grabbing every single last one he could.
You should have bumped into him and knocked the stack out of his arms, or said something to him, or done something to make his day a little less pleasant (kicking him in the junk would work too). I don't know who I hate more, people like that, or people who encourage them by paying their inflated prices on EBay. Screw BB and their artificial scarcity Steelbooks. Disney Movie Club here I come!

bread's done
Back