3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Edge of Tomorrow is only $19.99 on Amazon for those who missed the $9.99 TRU Misprice/Walmart PM

Mr Peabody, X-Men DOFP also on sale for $19.99 on Amazon

Godzilla 3d is $19.99 on Bestbuy.com. I've been waiting for it to drop for too long (figured it would over black friday) and grabbed it.

Anyone seen a 3D edition of Big Hero 6?  I didn't see one on Amazon UK and really don't expect it in the US since Disney seems to have stopped releasing their animated movies in 3D domestically.

Anyone seen a 3D edition of Big Hero 6? I didn't see one on Amazon UK and really don't expect it in the US since Disney seems to have stopped releasing their animated movies in 3D domestically.
I was just thinking about that yesterday. I hadn't heard of one to this point. There is a good chance that you may have to import to get it, based on Disney's previous releases.

Anyone seen a 3D edition of Big Hero 6? I didn't see one on Amazon UK and really don't expect it in the US since Disney seems to have stopped releasing their animated movies in 3D domestically.
i'm stalking Zavvi for the inevitable steelbook. I have zero confidence Disney will start selling 3D in the US anymore other than through Marvel.

Guess I'll need to go buy my Disney 3D discs on Zavvi and look into people with digital copy codes they want to get rid of for the domestic 2D versions.

Ok guys, just bought and hooked up my LG 3D tv last night. Before I went to bed I tested out one of the few 3D Blus I already have, GOTG which looked great. I need some other suggestions. So far I have Captain America The Winter Soldier, Tangled, Thor The Dark World and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Anything good coming out or on sale?

Ok guys, just bought and hooked up my LG 3D tv last night. Before I went to bed I tested out one of the few 3D Blus I already have, GOTG which looked great. I need some other suggestions. So far I have Captain America The Winter Soldier, Tangled, Thor The Dark World and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Anything good coming out or on sale?
how to train your dragon 1&2 are my top favorite 3d movies. others i like a lot are

wreck it ralph

despicable me 1&2

monsters inc

all marvel 3ds

Was definitely thinking about how to train your dragon, just gonna look for a deal.
I already have pretty much all marvel and Disney blus, trying not to double dip unless I find a good deal

I was just thinking about that yesterday. I hadn't heard of one to this point. There is a good chance that you may have to import to get it, based on Disney's previous releases.
While I would prefer a US release I have no issue with a UK Region Free version of Big Hero 6 3D. I have gotten a couple other UK editions and never had an issue. The good news is that there is 3D Blu Ray in India, but they don't ship to other countries. Since the movie isn't theatrically released in the UK until the end of this month, it will be mid-year before there is a Blu Ray release there. Hopefully it will be a region free 3D release like Frozen and Maleficent.

Watched tangled last night, looked awesome, found it at target a couple months ago marked down to $12.50 as an online item. I had never seen the movie either, enjoyed it

The last two transformers movies are really great in 3d

Yeah I own those on regular blu already, another case of not double dipping unless I see a real good sale price.
How's Gravity 3D look at home?

I see Walmart and Best Buy have Dredd 3D for $9.99. Haven't seen it since it was in theaters, but remember liking it.

I've been browsing 3D titles and was looking for Beowulf, remembered how great it was in theaters, was really before the craze started too. Was surprised it's not available for sale but even more surprised it's available in 3D on Netflix. Watched up through Grendels attack on the hall, was impressed at the quality through streaming.

If you can find a deal on them, Up and Finding Nemo in 3D are especially good. The sense of depth in Up is great, and Finding Nemo has great popout underwater. Those are my two favorite Pixar movies in 3D. You probably have them on regular Blu, but definitely get them if you find a deal on them. Unfortunately, I don't really see a good sale on them anywhere right now.

Dredd is great in 3D, and for that price, I highly recommend it. I paid full price at release and don't regret it.

I'll second were8kosh's opinion on Gravity. While certainly not as grand as seeing it in the theater on a big screen in 3D, it still holds up very well at home. Like Avatar, it's a film that demands to be seen in 3D as it's an effects spectacle.

Another one that I like that hasn't been mentioned yet is the 3D conversion of Jurassic Park. For a movie not natively shot in 3D, it looks amazing. The T-Rex popout when he's chasing them in the jeep looks great. The 3D actually impressed me more in Jurassic Park than in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the latter of which was shot in native 3D, but that could just be me. I've seen reviews online saying DotPotA's 3D was great, but I just didn't see what the fuss was about. The movie itself is great though.

Edit: Oh, and if you want a deal on Jurassic Park, it's not hard to find on eBay for around 23 bucks.

I have to second Dredd on great 3D and pretty inexpensive as well.

Further nods would be Lego Movie, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, 300: Rise Of An Empire, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Rio 2.

I see a lot of people say the 3d in I Robot sucks but I thought it was ppretty well done. Likewise pepole say the 3d in Predator is good and I hated it, it started strong then consistently deteriorated to the point where you could watch the final battle without glasses.

Life of Pi had some good 3D, if you go for those pretentious movies.

I wasn't im pressed with Up or Monsters Inc, Wreck it Ralph had ok 3D and Monsters U had some good 3d effects.

I thought Man of Steel looked good in 3d too. Wolverine 3D had its moments. I don't think Marvel has translated well into 3D at all though; GOTG looked fine but Captain America 1 was among the worst 3d conversions I have ever seen, with background objecats sticking out way beyond objects closer to the screen. Avengers 3D definitely had issues too.

And there's the obvious ones like Gravity.

That's all I can think of at the moment. In terms of games though, I have enjoyed the 3d in Assassins Creed and Sly Cooper (fun fact: AC is the only WiiU game sold at retail that supports 3D). For a 2d fighter Mortal Kombat had some inthreshing use of 3d as well.

Anyways some of this will depend on your TV, some 3d movies do seem to play better on certain TVs. Since I have a 3D LG TV I bought last November though we might have a similar model?

Last edited:
Anyone recommend Tron Legacy? I haven't seen it since theaters but I remember digging the 3D.

Lost in all my excitement of movies are games so thanks for reminding me. My kids were going through all of our games to see what we have, we knew about three or four but I was just looking at Wikipedia and it turns out we have a decent collection of about 12. May need to replay some of these.

I went to Fry's yesterday as they have a whole section devoted to 3D blus. Decent selection but nothing on sale at the moment.

In my area we have a local chain called Dimple Records. They sell new and used games, music and movies. I've always found good deals on used items even stuff that's hard to find or out of print, so I am going to go check out what they have later in the week. I already looked on their website and Dredd is only $7 used. I'd really like to find the Toy Story trilogy 3D set. That I don't mind double dipping on since I still have parts 1 and 2 on DVD and 3 on regular blu ray.

Oh yeah and what does everyone do for extra passive glasses? Just collect from theater trips? My LG tv game with two pair but I had a couple of pair from the theater but could always use more when we have guests over.

Anyone recommend Tron Legacy? I haven't seen it since theaters but I remember digging the 3D.

Lost in all my excitement of movies are games so thanks for reminding me. My kids were going through all of our games to see what we have, we knew about three or four but I was just looking at Wikipedia and it turns out we have a decent collection of about 12. May need to replay some of these.
For games, Puppeteer is a good game in 3D. Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3 are other solid options.

Oh yeah and what does everyone do for extra passive glasses? Just collect from theater trips? My LG tv game with two pair but I had a couple of pair from the theater but could always use more when we have guests over.
Keep theater glasses unless you want something nicer. I've bought a couple on clearance at Best Buy that sit a bit nicer but bought some old theater glasses off ebay for the kids for about 3 bucks.

Yes, and so far I've had better experiences with active 3d.
I actually went to an optometrist recently that used passive 3D to test your depth perception. I didn't do well. I see depth fine with active 3D and autostereoscopic 3D. I apparently can see only about 65% of passive 3D. Which explains why I always found movie theater 3D to be lackluster compared to at home.

Titanic is another great 3D movie - gotta be the best conversuon I've ever seen, and it makes the depth and scale all the more impressive. Plus, the lossless audio makes a big difference over older versions.

Went to my local chain store yesterday and picked up Dredd 3D for $7.99
My buddy lent me Prometheus yesterday, hadn't seen it since theaters, looked good

Thanks for letting us know! I finally caved on this one as a blind buy- that's a fantastic price for a movie I've heard so many good things about, especially since it's in 3D.

This has got to be the lowest price for a new 3D Blu I've ever seen, unless I'm forgetting some random nature Blu or something.

Man and I thought my $7.99 used copy was a sweet deal. Anyone know if new copies come with a slipcover? My used copy didn't have one. May return it  for store credit if I can get a new copy with a slipcover. Sounds silly I know but I am anal about slipcovers :p

Thanks for letting us know! I finally caved on this one as a blind buy- that's a fantastic price for a movie I've heard so many good things about, especially since it's in 3D.

This has got to be the lowest price for a new 3D Blu I've ever seen, unless I'm forgetting some random nature Blu or something.
If you like action movies, you should love it. It's pretty good 3D as well. Far far better a Dredd movie than the 90's version.

Craigslist score - Transformers Dark of the Moon and Nightmare Before Christmas, both 3D blu for $10 each!
Nice find on the Nightmare Before Christmas! I've been looking for the 3D version for under $25 for a while now and have been striking out.

Target has a bunch of stuff on sale for $10 this week. The 3D titles I saw were I, Frankenstein and Sin City 2.

Maze Runner is also on sale and includes some 7 min 3D short.

It's really annoying to already see the 2D versions of The Boxtrolls and Book of Life on sale but not the 3D counterparts.

Target has a bunch of stuff on sale for $10 this week. The 3D titles I saw were I, Frankenstein and Sin City 2.

Maze Runner is also on sale and includes some 7 min 3D short.

It's really annoying to already see the 2D versions of The Boxtrolls and Book of Life on sale but not the 3D counterparts.
This is the list, thanks to Jacob Anderson BR.com

Deal is live online, titles included:
  • 12 Years a Slave
  • 300: Rise of an Empire
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Target Exclusive (bonus disc) listed as same price)
  • American Hustle
  • August: Osage County?
  • Begin Again
  • The Book of Life
  • The Boxtrolls
  • Bridesmaids
  • Chef
  • The Croods (Target Exclusive (toy) listed as same price)
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • Despicable Me
  • Despicable Me 2 (Target Exclusive (bonus disc) listed as same price)
  • Divergent
  • Django Unchained? (only lists Target Exclusive (SteelBook?))
  • Draft Day
  • Earth to Echo
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Ender's Game
  • Epic?
  • Expendables 3
  • Fast Five
  • Fast & Furious 6
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • Get On Up (in store only?)
  • The Giver
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Gravity
  • The Heat
  • Her
  • Hercules
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2
  • Hunger Games
  • Hunger Games: Catching Fire
  • Ice Age: Continental Drift
  • If I Stay
  • Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (only lists Target Exclusive (bonus disc), can't even find standard edition on website tho)
  • The LEGO Movie
  • Let's Be Cops
  • Mandela? (only lists Target Exclusive (Target Ticket), standard edition listed as $24.19)
  • The Maze Runner
  • A Million Ways to Die in the West
  • The Monuments Men
  • Mr. Peabody & Sherman
  • Neighbors (Target Exclusive (bonus disc) listed as same price)
  • The Other Women
  • Pitch Perfect
  • The Purge: Anarchy
  • Red 2
  • Ride Along
  • Rio 2
  • Robocop
  • Silver Linings Playbook
  • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
  • The Smurfs 2
  • Snowpiercer
  • Son of God
  • Step Up: All In
  • Transformers: Age of Exstoinktion
  • Turbo (Target Exclusive (toy) listed as same price)
  • We're The Millers
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past
  • The Walking Dead S2
http://www.target.com/sb/movies-ente...m&max_price=to

Picked up a copy of Avengers 3D at my local indie store for $16, no DVD or digital copy but all I cared about were the blu rays

Just got an email that VUDU is offering Big Hero 6 in a 3D combo version. Is this our only option for 3D?
I preorderd the zavvi copy a few pages back, I have no clue when it's going to come out though. You can wait for the spanish copy, I don't think that has a release date or an official release as of yet.

bread's done
Back