3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
At Best Buy this week (Amazon may have price-matched):

Gamer (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D) (Digital Copy)
$4.99
SAVE $5

Conan the Barbarian (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D)
$4.99
SAVE $11
Looks like I missed one--there's also:

The Darkest Hour (Blu-ray 3D) (3-D) (Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV/3D) (Eng/Spa) 2011
$4.99
SAVE $5

I thought it sucked pretty bad. been a long time since i seen the 3d blu ray but i kinda remember I did not like it at all.
Is that everyone else's opinion on Conan as well?

How about the Darkest Hour? Is that worth checking out for $5?

Is that everyone else's opinion on Conan as well?

How about the Darkest Hour? Is that worth checking out for $5?
I really don't remember much about either film. But for me, a $5 price would get me to purchase any 3D Blu-ray! :) I already paid way more than that for each of these four titles that are on sale.

Worth it for conan and darkest hour at $5 im my opinion. Gamer 3d sucked so I wouldn't buy at even at $5 unless you just want the 2d version.

Apparently the extended 3D versions of The Hobbit part 3 and trilogy set will be Amazon exclusives http://fb.me/2hdvs2XIl

Not a fan of retailer exclusives as it means no competition to drive down the price.

Apparently the 3D versions of The Hobbit part 3 and trilogy set will be Anazon exclusives http://fb.me/2hdvs2XIl

Not a fan of retailer exclusives as it means no competition to drive down the price.
If this is true, it's the most asinine bullshit I've heard since Saw 3D was a Best Buy exclusive.

I was holding out for a decently priced trilogy set so this will quite possibly keep me from buying at all.

Oh well..... I never bought Saw 3D and I guess there's a good chance I'll never buy the Hobbit trilogy either. Just as well I guess, I saw the 1st movie and it paled in comparison to LOTR. Guess that's what happens when you stretch a single (relatively) small book over 3 movies.

Screw the extended sets. Where are my re-cut, 2-hour total runtime trilogy?
From what I saw, I think I'd rather buy that myself. The pacing was so bad on the first film, I bet the Trilogy could be whittled down to a single 2 hour movie and be just as good (if not better).

I never actually read the LOTR books but I did read Hobbit, and while it was well over a decade ago I don't remember that Frodo was ever even referenced.... so why did he get, what, nearly a half hour of screen time?

Last edited:
If this is true, it's the most asinine bullshit I've heard since Saw 3D was a Best Buy exclusive.

I was holding out for a decently priced trilogy set so this will quite possibly keep me from buying at all.

Oh well..... I never bought Saw 3D and I guess there's a good chance I'll never buy the Hobbit trilogy either. Just as well I guess, I saw the 1st movie and it paled in comparison to LOTR. Guess that's what happens when you stretch a single (relatively) small book over 3 movies.
Amazon exclusive? Ridiculous.

Frodo wasn't even born during The Hobbit. He was 33 at the start of LotR, and Hobbit took place 50 years before LotR. By the time the Hobbit was made, even Sauron wasn't conceived as a character. It was retroactively made that the necromancer mentioned in the Hobbit was Sauron.

Legolas was possibly around, since they mentioned Thranduil's son in passing.

Evangeline Lily's character is what pisses me off the most, but whatever. Dwarves and elves hate each other.

But anyways, none of that is important, so whatever.

Picked up the new Spongebob movie in 3D at Target for $17.50. I price matched to Amazon's $24.99 price and used the Cartwheel app that has a 30% off Spongebob movie coupon.

What does everything think the odds that are Disney will actually let this 3D version of Inside Out get released in the US come November?  There have been some more recent Disney 3D BDs announced and up for pre-order only to have them pulled as the release date got closer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Only Disney titles haven't been released on 3D blu ray. There hasn't been a Pixar 3D theatrical release that hasn't made the 3D blu cut yet. The speculation is that Disney is granting Pixar and Marvel (hopefully Lucasfilm too) discretion to release as they see fit. In this case all of the major retailers are offering preorders for the 3D version and have the cover art posted.

I don't even begin to know which way to bet on this. But I do question why these companies hate the NA so much.

Only Disney titles haven't been released on 3D blu ray. There hasn't been a Pixar 3D theatrical release that hasn't made the 3D blu cut yet. The speculation is that Disney is granting Pixar and Marvel (hopefully Lucasfilm too) discretion to release as they see fit. In this case all of the major retailers are offering preorders for the 3D version and have the cover art posted.
Wasn't the remastered version of Ratatoullie 3D shown in theaters?

This is my hope, since if Disney gets stupid with future releases that aren't Disney-specific with Pixar and Marvel, they're going to get a lot of hate mail/emails over that.

I don't even begin to know which way to bet on this. But I do question why these companies hate the NA so much.

Wasn't the remastered version of Ratatoullie 3D shown in theaters?
I'm betting we get it. All other Pixar 3D theatrical releases have made it and as stated before, many retailers have preorders up.

No it was not released theatrically in 3D here. Pixar re-releases were Toy Story 1 & 2, leading up to Toy Story 3. Same thing for Monsters Inc leading into Monsters University. Finding Nemo leading up to the blu ray release.

There were plans for Ratatouille and The Incredibles re-releases but the aforementioned re-releases were considered not profitable enough to continue doing them.

France did get a region B locked 3D blu ray that can be imported if you have a region free player. There's never been any word on a 3D Incredible's blu though

I'm betting we get it. All other Pixar 3D theatrical releases have made it and as stated before, many retailers have preorders up.

No it was not released theatrically in 3D here. Pixar re-releases were Toy Story 1 & 2, leading up to Toy Story 3. Same thing for Monsters Inc leading into Monsters University. Finding Nemo leading up to the blu ray release.

There were plans for Ratatouille and The Incredibles re-releases but the aforementioned re-releases were considered not profitable enough to continue doing them.

France did get a region B locked 3D blu ray that can be imported if you have a region free player. There's never been any word on a 3D Incredible's blu though
I can see a re-release of Incredibles 3D when Incredibles 2 comes out, in 2017 (I think, or 2018), which would be all kinds of win.

I can see a re-release of Incredibles 3D when Incredibles 2 comes out, in 2017 (I think, or 2018), which would be all kinds of win.
Not going to happen. The previous 3D re-releases underperformed (see link below) Perhaps if they already started the conversion we can get a 3D blu when Incredibles 2 comes out. Little Mermaid 3D theatrical was canceled but we still got the 3D blu.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/14/entertainment/la-et-ct-disney-cancels-little-mermaid-3d-pirates-5-2015-20130114

Apparently the extended 3D versions of The Hobbit part 3 and trilogy set will be Amazon exclusives http://fb.me/2hdvs2XIl

The "click here to read more" does not work, just loops you back to the original page, so there's no way of knowing if it's a timed exclusive, or permanent.

I rarely do this but I have to heavily recommend Mad Max for anyone who has remote interest. I only see 3D at home these days with kids too young to go to the theatres so have only seen the film recently. In my experience the movie looked made with 3D in mind with tons of depth, beautiful cinematography, and very, very little crosstalk and ghosting.

I rarely do this but I have to heavily recommend Mad Max for anyone who has remote interest. I only see 3D at home these days with kids too young to go to the theatres so have only seen the film recently. In my experience the movie looked made with 3D in mind with tons of depth, beautiful cinematography, and very, very little crosstalk and ghosting.
I haven't seen the 3d bluray but I did see it 3d in the theater and to me it was the weakest 3d movie I've seen. I feel like I am in the minority with this but I just did not really see that much 3d effect, could have been the theater I saw it in or something else. I actually was really on the fence about getting the 3d bluray because of that.

LE packaging version of Jurassic Park 3D - $33.28 @ Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-3D-Blu-ray/dp/B00NYC65M8

Looks like the same as the 2D version, for about $13 more.

There seems to be nothing listed for the non-LE version, so I guess this is it for release.
Haha I think you mean Jurassic World, I've made that mistake a few times. Anyway Jurassic Park 3d is on sale for $14.96 at amazon and includes a ticket to see Hotel Transylvania 2 if anyone is interested.

[quote name="anderson4145" post="12921660" timestamp="1442361444"]Haha I think you mean Jurassic World, I've made that mistake a few times. Anyway Jurassic Park 3d is on sale for $14.96 at amazon and includes a ticket to see Hotel Transylvania 2 if anyone is interested.[/quote]
Yes, I meant Jurassic World, damn it.

Picked up a few used 3D blu's from Gohastings with their coupon code (35% off with 3 or more used  games/books/movies/music.  Code CONFUCIUS).

Mad Max Fury Road 3D - $13

Hugo 3D - $11

Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D - $9

Total $33

Amazon.co.uk is offering two disney 3D blu-rays for 17.99 pounds which is around US $35. They are all region free and will play in US players.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?tag=sdfp-21&ascsubtag=b3c839b46d6e11e5a87686cfedc3a23b0000&ie=UTF8&node=6115276031

Big Hero 6 keeps going in and out of stock. Also includes:

• Beauty & the Beast (Out of Print in the US)
  • Brave
  • Finding Nemo
  • Frozen (3D never released in the US) 
  • The Lion King (Out of Print in the US)
  • Maleficent (3D never released in the US) 
  • Monsters Inc
  • Monsters University
  • Tangled
  • Wreck it Ralph

Amazon.co.uk is offering two disney 3D blu-rays for 17.99 pounds which is around US $35. They are all region free and will play in US players.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?tag=sdfp-21&ascsubtag=b3c839b46d6e11e5a87686cfedc3a23b0000&ie=UTF8&node=6115276031

Big Hero 6 keeps going in and out of stock. Also includes:

• Beauty & the Beast (Out of Print in the US)
  • Brave
  • Finding Nemo
  • Frozen (3D never released in the US)
  • The Lion King (Out of Print in the US)
  • Maleficent (3D never released in the US)
  • Monsters Inc
  • Monsters University
  • Tangled
  • Wreck it Ralph
Some nice choices there. How much is shipping for two titles to the US?

I just bought Big Hero 6 and Finding Nemo with the final cost of $35, which includes the shipping, from the Amazon.co.uk sale. The movies were roughly $28.50 and shipping roughly $6.50. The estimated delivery date is between 10/30 and 11/3.

I know it's been discussed before but does anybody have a solid answer why these movies are cheaper to import from overseas than they are to buy here? I paid $25-$30 for most of what's on this list (out of what's actually available here), and those were during sales stacked with GC's or coupons. I don't know my currency that well but wouldn't this come out to $20-$25 for two movies before the shipping?

I just bought Big Hero 6 and Finding Nemo with the final cost of $35, which includes the shipping, from the Amazon.co.uk sale. The movies were roughly $28.50 and shipping roughly $6.50. The estimated delivery date is between 10/30 and 11/3.
Good luck. I checked a couple of other forums and it looks like most people still haven't gotten a shipping notice (at least not for BH6). Hopefully you won't get a cancellation but I'd bet dollars to donuts you'll be waiting awhile.

In my experience I've never had Amazon cancel an order, but they'll hold it indefinitely. Amazon US still has some pre-orders for some statues I placed open and they were supposed to come out forever ago (one is like 6 months overdue at this point). I don't shop at Amazon UK as often but I've had the similar issues when buying movies; they've always fulfilled my orders but weeks or even a month or so after it was supposed to ship. That's what happened to me last time Amazon UK had a deal like this: I got Malevolent and Brave right when I was supposed too, but didn't get Lion King or Beauty and the Beast (ordered less than 24 hours later) until over a month later.

Better than just outright cancelling I guess, and at least I know they aren't pulling a GS or Wal-Mart where they hold your pre-order and just forget about ever fulfilling it, but with the way BH6 is fluctuating I wouldn't count on getting these movies by the 3rd unless you paid for the premium shipping. It's a gamble as to when they will arrive.

Some nice choices there. How much is shipping for two titles to the US?
The $35 Chris posted should include shipping because there's no way 18 pounds equals $35. I don't know my currency that well but I know the pound isn't that strong lol.

I just added a couple to my card and went to the check out screen and sure enough the total was $34.95 after shipping.

If you use a credit card that doesn't charge a fee for international tansactions you can also get these at a slightly lower price; the $35 total includes what Amazon charges you when they apply the currency exchange rate on their end.

Last edited:
I only buy the movies out of print or not available in the US. FYI I got my "Order Dispatched" email today. It'll take a while, but happy to get Big Hero 6 in 3D.

It says 62 bucks for me. Why?
If you are selecting the two titles from the promo page, sometimes they add the movie to your cart from a 3rd party seller. I noticed this when I ordered so I just went to each title I wanted and made sure I selected Amazon as the seller.

I did get my shipping notice yesterday for the order I placed the day before in which Big Hero 6 was one of the movies.

I know Disney doesn't release much 3d movies in the U.S., but is Tomorrowland getting a 3d release in any part of the world?

It didn't—I remember thinking how absurd it was—seemed like it would have been perfect for 3D based on the trailer . Same with Lone Ranger.

bread's done
Back