3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a deal, per se, but I wanted to throw I the discussion that one of my favorite movies ever, which happens to have 3D parts, is getting the 3D Blu treatment from Kino next month. The movie is The Mask, the 1964 Canadian indie horror film, not the Jim Carrie vehicle, though there are similarities. Basically, it's about a guy and a mask that causes him to have maddening hallucinations when he wears it. The mask scenes were 3D and, iirc, this film was only ever released in the red/blue format and this release is restored and done correctly.

If you like the dream-like horrors that some of the indies made in the early 60s, such as Carnival of Souls, you should pick this up. Despite its budget, they did some really cool visuals and I look forward to finally retiring my old red/blue VHS.

i seen they have
Shrek: The Complete Collection 3D Blu-ray for 19.99 but when you goto bestbuy site from link i cant tell if its really the 3d set or just the 2d set. whats your guys opinion on it?
http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=time&category=3dbluray&retailerid=2
I'd bet blu-ray.com is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure The Whole Story is the 2d version and they never made a retail 3D collection. The Complete Collection (as shown in the pic) is the Samsung-exclusive promotional set. The black bar on the case is a dead giveaway that says "For promotional use only - not for retail" .

I have that set sitting right in front of me that I got when I bought my Samsung 3D TV and 3D Player back in 2011.

I haven't seen the Lego movie yet, how is the 3D in that? What's the difference between the "Everything is Awesome" edition and the standard 3D release (aside from packaging I can't find any details online). Any extra features or anything?

I'd bet blu-ray.com is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure The Whole Story is the 2d version and they never made a retail 3D collection. The Complete Collection (as shown in the pic) is the Samsung-exclusive promotional set. The black bar on the case is a dead giveaway that says "For promotional use only - not for retail" .

I have that set sitting right in front of me that I got when I bought my Samsung 3D TV and 3D Player back in 2011.
Yeah they had a 3D Shrek set, I'm not really into these movies but I remember the few times I saw it in person it was ridiculously priced (in the hundreds). I don't think it included the cat's movie, but apparently it had everything else. I do remember it was 4 movies total if that helps at all. I also know they've had the 2D Shrek collection for $20 for forever now, I remember seeing that before Easter and a few times since then.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Lego movie yet, how is the 3D in that? What's the difference between the "Everything is Awesome" edition and the standard 3D release (aside from packaging I can't find any details online). Any extra features or anything?

Yeah they had a 3D Shrek set, I'm not really into these movies but I remember the few times I saw it in person it was ridiculously priced (in the hundreds). I don't think it included the cat's movie, but apparently it had everything else. I do remember it was 4 movies total if that helps at all. I also know they've had the 2D Shrek collection for $20 for forever now, I remember seeing that before Easter and a few times since then.
I'm guessing the Lego 3D is just the standard Blu-ray case that was included in the ridiculously huge old packaging with the lego figure and giant lego head--so probably exactly the same without that other garbage.

I don't think the 3D Shrek box set was ever sold in stores--I thought it was just part of a Samsung Blu-ray player deal, and only the individual releases were sold.

I'm guessing the Lego 3D is just the standard Blu-ray case that was included in the ridiculously huge old packaging with the lego figure and giant lego head--so probably exactly the same without that other garbage.

I don't think the 3D Shrek box set was ever sold in stores--I thought it was just part of a Samsung Blu-ray player deal, and only the individual releases were sold.
I've definitely seen it in store, but now that you mention it it was a mom and pop shop, so maybe it's possible it was a trade-in or something. I don't know, I don't trade in movies lol. That would explain the laughably ridiculous price though.

Last edited:
IIRC, The Everything is Awesome set is just the 3D set without the slipcover, plus a minifigure and 3D "photo" frame of Emmet.

The 3D wasn't bad. Nothing to write home about, but doesn't feel like an afterthought either.

There was also a Samsung 3D starter kit that had just 2 sets of 3D glasses, the 3D Shrek trilogy and mail in certificates for Shrek 4 3D and Megamind 3D. Not sure of the original cost, but I bought it on clearance for $40 or $50 a few years back.

There was also a Samsung 3D starter kit that had just 2 sets of 3D glasses, the 3D Shrek trilogy and mail in certificates for Shrek 4 3D and Megamind 3D. Not sure of the original cost, but I bought it on clearance for $40 or $50 a few years back.
Yeah, that was the promo. The fourth movie wasn't out on disc yet, but the case had an extra spot for it for when you mailed in for it.

It made it! Today I saw Inside/Out 3-D at BB today. Looks like Disney's no-3D policy also excludes newly made Pixar films. I also noticed you can order certain 3-D UK Disney movies through the American website, and they're Prime eligible.

Anyone see any great deals for Inside Out 3D?  I am not seeing anything incredible and was hoping someone here would have a great bargain!

Anyone see any great deals for Inside Out 3D? I am not seeing anything incredible and was hoping someone here would have a great bargain!
Not in the NA market, hoping against hope there's a good BF deal or something.

If you have a credit card that won't charge you an arm and a leg for currency conversion, it looks like you can get Inside Out 3D from Amazon.co.uk for around $20. I don't know if it's region free though, and I've never pre-ordered from overseas before, so maybe somebody more knowledgeable can clarify?

I will say I am sick of this pricing bullshit where it's cheaper to import and ship from overseas than to buy in NA. I mean seriously, I jsut started my xmas shopping and realized it's cheaper to buy the Hobbit Trilogy Extended 3D edition from the UK and have it shipped here than to buy the motion picture trilogy in HD, let alone 3D, from NA Amazon. Don't even get me started on what I've seen from some of these TV box sets either. I really wish I could understand the backwards logic where this somehow makes sense.

Speaking of which, the UK version of that Trilogy comes with UV codes, does anybody know if those would work with an NA account?

Last edited:
Not in the NA market, hoping against hope there's a good BF deal or something.
The BF "deal" will probably be the 2D BD for $9.99 and the 3D for $29.99.

Speaking of which, the UK version of that Trilogy comes with UV codes, does anybody know if those would work with an NA account?
I've found most codes are usually region-locked but sometimes you can create a foreign account and get it linked to your UV account. I somehow managed to get the French Seventh Son 3D BD UV copy to show up in my Vudu.

Saw this on another site:

goHastings.com has Inside Out (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) for $24.99 - $4.99 w/ promo code DEALOFTHEDAY = $20. Shipping is $1.29.

goHastings.com has Inside Out (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) for $24.99 - $4.99 w/ promo code DEALOFTHEDAY = $20. Shipping is $1.29.
Best price you're going to find for it. It's ~$28 at Amazon and they're the cheapest, not counting this one.

Thanks for this. I'm probably one of the few who didn't go crazy over this movie or think it's Pixar's best movie but $20 for the 3D combo was enough to make me bite.

Pixels 3D is $16.99 at Best Buy. It should still be within their price match guarantee policy if you bought during release week.

Did anyone else order Inside Out 3D from Go Hastings with the coupon code and get a cancellation email?
Indeed. And I just realized something: I honest to god can't remember the last time I ordered something through GoHastings (either directly or through Amazon) where they actually honored their sale. I've certainly placed orders with them multiple times before and I'm not sure they've ever not cancelled an order from me before.

I think this did it; I'm going to add them to my little list of retailers to avoid. I mean I know shit happens but cancellations again, again, and again aren't ok. It's going to take the deal of the decade for me to risk using them again.

Last edited:
I've only ordered 1 or 2 new Blu-rays from GoHastings and didn't have an issue. I order lots of used stuff from them and only have issues maybe 1 out of 5 times and it is easy enough to get the problem fixed. They are still my go-to for used (prefer them over Family Video)—they specify the difference between ex rental and used, they give you all the discs and at least give you a chance at getting the digital copy included (I usually get them 3/4 times).

I've only ordered 1 or 2 new Blu-rays from GoHastings and didn't have an issue. I order lots of used stuff from them and only have issues maybe 1 out of 5 times and it is easy enough to get the problem fixed. They are still my go-to for used (prefer them over Family Video)—they specify the difference between ex rental and used, they give you all the discs and at least give you a chance at getting the digital copy included (I usually get them 3/4 times).
I got the Spongebob Steelbook from them. It certainly didn't come release date but was packaged in something similar to what Zavvi sends so it was decent.

There is a thread on the Bluray.com forums that states the 3D version of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is currently $4.50 at Target.  I haven't verified it yet but may be worth checking out if you are a heading to a Target soon.

There is a thread on the Bluray.com forums that states the 3D version of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is currently $4.50 at Target. I haven't verified it yet but may be worth checking out if you are a heading to a Target soon.
Not great 3D on that release, though it is 3D BD / BD / UV DC, so it's a great deal since you get 3D + 2D + UV.

Picked up Sin City: ADTKF the other day, but it was $5 at my Target and it was the last copy available and without a slipcover.

Yeah, not bad for 3d/2d/dvd/uv.

:)

Picked up Sin City: ADTKF the other day, but it was $5 at my Target and it was the last copy available and without a slipcover.

Yeah, not bad for 3d/2d/dvd/uv.

:)
I bought it for $10, and thought it was a good deal. Blu-ray.com says the 3-D, from a technical perspective, is quite good, though a dark, largely black and white film is not the ideal stage for 3-D.

If you pick up Pixels, don't forget to enter the UV code into the Sony Rewards site as well. They have a 500 bonus point offer going for 1 more week.

Apparently the extended 3D versions of The Hobbit part 3 and trilogy set will be Amazon exclusives http://fb.me/2hdvs2XIl

Not a fan of retailer exclusives as it means no competition to drive down the price.
Happy to see this is not the case and that Best Buy is also selling the Battle of The Five Armies Extended 3D Blu-ray--while it's still $32.99, that's better than an Amazon monopoly price of $50+. However, 3D trilogy box set is still Amazon Exclusive (not sure if it includes anything not in the separate releases).

I could have sworn best buy had 3d blu rays on black friday but don't see it in the ad anymore. Anyone got a list of 3d movies for blackfriday?

I could have sworn best buy had 3d blu rays on black friday but don't see it in the ad anymore. Anyone got a list of 3d movies for blackfriday?
It sounds like BB took that portion of the ad down, but not before the Internet saved it. "Up to 40 titles," but all that are listed are:

San Andreas $10
Prometheus $13
Book of Life $13
How to Train Your Dragon (not sure if 1 or 2) $13

http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/Best-Buy/Ad?page=44

I'm definitely getting SA at that price, maybe BoL. Really interested to see what else they put out!

If you go to the black Friday ad on the best buy site you can see them all if you scroll. San Andreas is the best deal but there are some good ones for $12.99 as well.

Here's the BB Black Friday list:

"Up to 40 titles" will be available, including

$10

San Andreas

$13

Prometheus
Book of Life
How to Train your dragon 2
Wizard of oz
Exodus
Dawn of planet of apes
Godzilla
Penguins
Rio 2
Man of steel
300 rise of empire

How is San Andreas?  I may get that, and I think I'll be in for Exodus and Penguins too.

Man of Steel and Prometheus and Dawn of POTA are great, but I'd recommend against Godzilla.  

Last edited:
Book of Life is terrific, kids absolutely loved it in the theater.  

I'll grab that along with a few others that I've missed in the past few months.  I would recommend against Godzilla as well.  

Damn still no Turtles and Transformers Dino 3D on sale. Might pick up San Andreas
TMNT 3D was under $10 on Amazon a few weeks ago with a couple of 3rd party sellers, unfortunately though the one I ordered from refused to honor the sale. Still it's $18.50 now with Prime shipping, that's not too much more than what most of these black friday prices look like.

FWIW I rented the 2D version when Amazon had it for $1, and for a movie that got such shitty reviews I didn't think it was bad at all. Michaelangelo was especially annoying as hell (then again, for some reason I think he's grating in most of his incarnations) but otherwise it was fun for what it was. I'm curious to get the 3D version to see how that holds up.

I'd love to get peoples opinion on San Andreas. The premises seems kinda cliche but at this point any movie that isn't a reboot or sequel or based on some other property is hard to come by. On the other hand it's gotten a lot of pretty shitty reviews.

How's the 3D in the movie? And is the movie itself worth watching in 2D?

Last edited:
I'd love to get peoples opinion on San Andreas. The premises seems kinda cliche but at this point any movie that isn't a reboot or sequel or based on some other property is hard to come by. On the other hand it's gotten a lot of pretty shitty reviews.

How's the 3D in the movie? And is the movie itself worth watching in 2D?
Can only speak about the movie not the quality of the bluray. After watching the commercials, I was expecting a disaster-fest where all of California is demolished by a superquake but most of the movie is about avoiding tumbling buildings which is a bit of a let-down. The movie has more of a family-friendly feel to the storyline which is not a bad thing for a disaster movie that shows plenty of people getting killed without it being overly gory. Enjoyed the disaster visuals and being a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson fan and he gave a good performance in this movie, I would probably get the $10 3D bluray on Black Friday to add to my collection.

anyone see a black friday deal for Mad Max 3d. Been trying to find it for under $20 with no luck.
To my knowledge and memory, Mad Max Fury Road 3D hasn't been under $25 since it came out, and no one has announced a BF sale for it so far. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get discounted anywhere, though.

bread's done
Back