3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. I didn't think Target would stock the 3D version let alone, price the same as the 2D. Probably a good thing I went right away since the store only had two copies when I got there.

I think the DCPI is 058-32-0662.
Thanks for that DPCI #.

Stock is limited, don't wait till the weekend.
Stores around me are showing 0-4 copies in stock, so this is a very correct statement.

EDIT: My store had 2 copies in stock, 1 after I was done with it. Cartwheel was a PITA to use at self-check, though eventually was able to get it for $16.99 + tax.

Thanks for whoever mentioned 3D was same price but better them today cause several stores showed stock last night then when I finally had a chance to go a hour ago I had to go to 4 different stores due to 0 stock and the 4th one only had 2 left

There were 5 copies of Walk 3D at my Target this morning. 2 were at the front counter and 3 in the new release section endcap.

The Walk 3D is currently $16.99 at Target after Cartwheel discount and sale price. Take an additional 5% off if you have Red Card.
Thanks a bunch, it was listed as 24.99 at Target so I had to scan first. Looking forward to watching this and San Andreas when I have the time.

Wasn't planning on picking up The Walk but can't beat $17.50 (after tax) for a new 3D release.

I actually saw the first test screening of this, with Zemeckis in attendance, almost a year ago. None of the digital effects were done but I enjoyed it anyways, planned on seeing the finished film when it was released but just never got to it. Can't go wrong with anything Zemeckis and he know his 3D. Thought this was a good supplement to Man On Wire.

Wasn't planning on picking up The Walk but can't beat $17.50 (after tax) for a new 3D release.

I actually saw the first test screening of this, with Zemeckis in attendance, almost a year ago. None of the digital effects were done but I enjoyed it anyways, planned on seeing the finished film when it was released but just never got to it. Can't go wrong with anything Zemeckis and he know his 3D. Thought this was a good supplement to Man On Wire.
That's cool, how'd you end up in that situation?

Watched The Walk 3d last night and I'm blown away. I loved the directing and acting. Very engaging film.
Yes and the 3D was excellent. Cartwheel worked by manually searching for the movie. Tried scanning barcode and it came back no offers found. Glad I saw I it on here or I would have missed out.

Guys, thank you for the price suggestion and recommendation. I picked this up at Target last week in 3D for $16.99 after using the Cartwheel App. Missed it in theaters, and was very glad to have picked it up for the price I bought it for. Great blind buy!

Good to see lots like the movie. I kinda did a blind buy with this on for various reasons. But it doesn't look like I'll be disappointed. Side note. Is this the move that was causing illnesses in the theaters last year. If so then I'm even more excited

That's cool, how'd you end up in that situation?

My city (Sacramento) is just a hot bed for test screenings. I think it's related to the fact that back in the 90's Sacramento was rated as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the nation and it's about an hour flight from LA. Within weeks of seeing The Walk also got to see Tomorrowland with Bird and Lindelof in attendance. Saw Elysium and Chappie about a year before release with Blomkampf and Unbroken with Angelina Jolie as well. The directors always sneak in with the studio suits when the lights go down and are not announced to the audience, you just have to be on the look out for them and not a lot of people know that the directors are going to be in attendance. I remember also seeing a test screening of Pocahantas and my buddy and I were about the only ones to notice Eisner in the crowd.

A lot of these screenings we find when the promo company arranging hands out flyers in front of the theater but a lot of times they are targeting a certain demo - males 18 - 35 for action, sci-fi - parents with kids for animated films, etc. From there on once you sign up with the promo companies you will get an occasional email invite if you are in the demo they're looking for. Right now is about the time of year they start screening for the bigger summer/fall movies. These screenings come with very scary, threatening non-disclosure agreements.

Back on topic - I picked up The Martian 3D at Target today.

I'm torn about The Martian 3D.  I really want to pick it up, but not at $24.99.  I have a feeling it may see some pretty big discounts in the next few months.  How many are available in stores at launch?  Is it pretty common or pretty scarce?

I'm torn about The Martian 3D. I really want to pick it up, but not at $24.99. I have a feeling it may see some pretty big discounts in the next few months. How many are available in stores at launch? Is it pretty common or pretty scarce?
Just wait. I'm still waiting on TMNT and Transformers to be dirt cheap. I missed out on the Frys BF deal cause they messed up.

My city (Sacramento) is just a hot bed for test screenings...

Back on topic - I picked up The Martian 3D at Target today.
Thanks for that, cool story.

Picked up the Martian today as well and half way through it and it's what I expected. Ridley Scott's direction and production is there so the whole "realness" of it is great. It's very atmospheric but obviously minimalist in narrative which should be expected for a movie about a guy who is mostly just trying to survive on smarts.

Thanks for that, cool story.

Picked up the Martian today as well and half way through it and it's what I expected. Ridley Scott's direction and production is there so the whole "realness" of it is great. It's very atmospheric but obviously minimalist in narrative which should be expected for a movie about a guy who is mostly just trying to survive on smarts.
I strongly recommend reading the book if you liked the movie. I think it's a bit better than the movie, as the movie skips some stuff and condenses some other things that are in the book.

Just wait. I'm still waiting on TMNT and Transformers to be dirt cheap. I missed out on the Frys BF deal cause they messed up.
Was going to wait for TMNT but read on bluray.com the 3D wasn't that great so bought the 2D for $6 on Black Friday. Probably will be a matter it will be $5 but finding a copy with a slipcover pushed me to buy it right then.

I strongly recommend reading the book if you liked the movie. I think it's a bit better than the movie, as the movie skips some stuff and condenses some other things that are in the book.
I'm extremely tempted as the idea of a "hard" science fiction book sounds good and the writer sounds like an unpretentious guy who wouldn't try to shove a bunch of silly subtext down my throat.

I'm extremely tempted as the idea of a "hard" science fiction book sounds good and the writer sounds like an unpretentious guy who wouldn't try to shove a bunch of silly subtext down my throat.
http://smile.amazon.com/Martian-Andy-Weir/dp/0553418025/

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=MQeHAAAAQBAJ

Both are $9.00, though I'd pay that without question. I did pay cheaper for it, though it's a really good read. It's more hard science than hard science fiction, all of it great. If they did the complete book as a movie, it probably would have been 3.5 hours long and I would have seen it more than once.

The Google Play link had a "Start Reading", so you should be able to get some of it read, though I don't own it on Google Play so it should be OK for anyone to start reading it.

EDIT: Looks like the Google Play "Start Reading" link gets you the first 32 pages of the book. Enjoy. ;)

Transformers was $9 at Fry's but also $12.99 at Best Buy during BF and the weeks leading up to Christmas. TMNT was also $12.99 at Best Buy. It's unlikely they will be that cheap again at retail until BF again. Can sometimes find good deals on the bluray.com forums and ebay though

I know not the greatest movie but i picked this up in store today for $15 it was a Amazon Exclusive from about a year ago so figured for $15 it was worth it at least for the head since it lights up 

Kst6C5o.jpg

f58t4eP.jpg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Amazon-Blu-ray-Electro-Collectors-Edition-2-Views-600x298.jpg

I know not the greatest movie but i picked this up in store today for $15 it was a Amazon Exclusive from about a year ago so figured for $15 it was worth it at least for the head since it lights up

Kst6C5o.jpg

f58t4eP.jpg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Amazon-Blu-ray-Electro-Collectors-Edition-2-Views-600x298.jpg
That's a great deal but I hated that movie so much I sold it on ebay. And I still own Rio (ok, it's for the kids but still)

Don't think Dreamer mentioned it but the place that is selling it for $15 is Dollar General.  They seem to get some cool movie-related items in every once in a while.

I bought the regular Spidey 2 3D during BF only because it was $7, figured the price was worth it just to watch the 3D action scenes but yeah otherwise the movie was garbage

As a huge Spider-man fan, I really, really loved many parts of ASM2 and really, really hated some others, but, yeah- that Jamie Foxx case for the movie is... blech.

Thought the last 2 Spider-man movies were OK but nowhere near great like the first 2 Tobey Maguire movies were.

I hear they're rebooting the series yet again. Hopefully the reboot don't veer too far from the original material like the latest Fantastic Four movie did thinking they can appeal to a younger crowd but it just ended up flopping.

A little weird they're not doing a Miles Morales film, with the All New Marvel stuff.

Actually, I take that back. We don't see Natalie Portman as Thor either.

A little weird they're not doing a Miles Morales film, with the All New Marvel stuff.

They've teased that, after Phase 3, we might be seeing some of these alternate versions, especially if the current actors decline to continue.

Thor is a name though, not a title. So if some bitch did steal his powers he'd still be Thor.... just not god of thunder or w/e.

Thought the last 2 Spider-man movies were OK but nowhere near great like the first 2 Tobey Maguire movies were.

I hear they're rebooting the series yet again. Hopefully the reboot don't veer too far from the original material like the latest Fantastic Four movie did thinking they can appeal to a younger crowd but it just ended up flopping.
Ugh, no. The 1st Tobey Maguire one had it's moments, but 2 and 3 were more chick flick than superhero movie.

Last edited:
Ugh, no. The 1st Tobey Maguire one had it's moments, but 2 and 3 were more chick flick than superhero movie.
Still they were far better films than the latest 2 movies and while the movies did have a chick flick quality to them, it stuck true to the comics. It's like saying the comic books reads too romantic because of the PP/MJ relationship. The fighting scenes against Green Goblin and Doc Ock in the first movies were way more impressive than the ones in the new movies with the Lizard and the deeply-altered Green Goblin and Electro. The last two movies just left you feeling empty and down which isn't what a good superhero movie should do and that's probably why they didn't play that well in theaters.

Still they were far better films than the latest 2 movies and while the movies did have a chick flick quality to them, it stuck true to the comics. It's like saying the comic books reads too romantic because of the PP/MJ relationship. The fighting scenes against Green Goblin and Doc Ock in the first movies were way more impressive than the ones in the new movies with the Lizard and the deeply-altered Green Goblin and Electro. The last two movies just left you feeling empty and down which isn't what a good superhero movie should do and that's probably why they didn't play that well in theaters.
I'll admit I quit reading the Spider-Man comics shortly after Venom was introduced (mid to late 80's I think) because they'd just become sooooo stupid and soooo shitty (Spider-Lizard was a very low point). My memory probably isn't nearly as reliable as yours if you've read the comics anytime recently, but I do remember the relationships still took a backseat to the action in most arcs. Maybe that's not the case in the modern comics, but if the movies wanna appeal to old guys like me they should focus more on the legacy stuff anyways lol.

I didn't think the 1st ASM was necessarily bad either, though the 2nd one undoubtedly was.

Last edited:
I'll admit I quit reading the Spider-Man comics shortly after Venom was introduced (mid to late 80's I think) because they'd just become sooooo stupid and soooo shitty (Spider-Lizard was a very low point). My memory probably isn't nearly as reliable as yours if you've read the comics anytime recently, but I do remember the relationships still took a backseat to the action in most arcs. Maybe that's not the case in the modern comics, but if the movies wanna appeal to old guys like me they should focus more on the legacy stuff anyways lol.

I didn't think the 1st ASM was necessarily bad either, though the 2nd one undoubtedly was.
I think I quit comics in the early 90s so I'm about as knowledgeable as you when it comes to modern-day comics. The comics did go as far as PP marrying MJ but that took place after I already quit collecting.

Fighting villains while dealing with with personal problems, even girl problems, was always in the comics as Stan Lee himself said when he created the character and worked on the storyline. I think he was a consultant in the movies too so I think he wanted these things in the movies. Anyway, you know Hollywood. The hero saving the girl plays big on the big screen at least in the days of those first Spidey movies. Nowadays, the girl will be more than happy to save themselves and that was what they did in the Gwen Stacy storyline in the new movies. That was different than the original comic but the final ending remained the same.

Couple of quick questions:

1. Doesn't look like there were any Everest deals other than a lower Amazon price that's now gone up. Any cartwheel or other coupons out there? Would pick up today on a Target run if I could get it for 20 bucks.

2. Saw the Harlock review and wondered if anyone had watched the 3D version and had an opinion. I'd potentially get the Zavvi version as I'm generally too scared to get a bootleg of this kind of film off ebay. The steelbook is essentially 30 shipped so is there anyone selling a legit version for 15 bucks or less? At 20 or more I'd probably just pay extra for the SB.

It's $22.99 on target.com, you can pm that price in store. Other than that it's $29.99 everywhere. It's a universal title, those prices stick for a while I think.

It's $22.99 on target.com, you can pm that price in store. Other than that it's $29.99 everywhere. It's a universal title, those prices stick for a while I think.
You can also order on the website for in-store pickup. Currently debating doing this myself.

Oh man just got back from an estate sale I saw an ad on Craigslist for and got a nice haul - Prometheus, Hugo, Tron Legacy, Tintin, MIB 3, Cars 2 and Top Gun - all for $25!
The guy who passed away was a retired high school math teacher and had a huge collection of movies. Massive amount of DVD's a smaller section of blu rays and amongst those I picked out everything 3D. A few of these I already have so I will trade or sell but I just couldn't pass up a good deal. Upon inspection all discs, digital copies and Sony/DMR points are accounted for too

Anyone pick up Harlock Space Pirate in 3D?

One of the few CG films from Japan actually released in the US in 3D. The 3D is incredible too. Highly recommend it. Ended up paying $35 through Twilight Time's site (only place I've seen it available), but with a limited run of only 3500, I have no regrets. Quite possibly one of my favorite 3D blu-rays I own. 

2. Saw the Harlock review and wondered if anyone had watched the 3D version and had an opinion. I'd potentially get the Zavvi version as I'm generally too scared to get a bootleg of this kind of film off ebay. The steelbook is essentially 30 shipped so is there anyone selling a legit version for 15 bucks or less? At 20 or more I'd probably just pay extra for the SB.

Anyone pick up Harlock Space Pirate in 3D?

One of the few CG films from Japan actually released in the US in 3D. The 3D is incredible too. Highly recommend it. Ended up paying $35 through Twilight Time's site (only place I've seen it available), but with a limited run of only 3500, I have no regrets. Quite possibly one of my favorite 3D blu-rays I own.
Thanks!

Anyone found a great deal on Minions 3D?  I have not seen it drop much and have been holding off in the potentially unrealistic hopes that it would drop closer to $20.  The lowest I have been seeing is $27.96 at Walmart and Amazon but was hoping I had missed a great deal somewhere else.

Yeah I haven't seen any deals on it either since release week but I'm in no rush so I'm just betting it's going to be a Black Friday deal somewhere. Until then you can always try eBay or the bluray.com forums. I've found some good deals in those places

FYI, looks like Good Dinosaur 3D will be $27.99 on release at most places.  Target did have a $5 gift card going for it though if you preorder online.

bread's done
Back