3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, looks like Good Dinosaur 3D will be $27.99 on release at most places. Target did have a $5 gift card going for it though if you preorder online.
That seems to be the only deal on it, save RedCard savings.

I think BB has a lenticular cover as an option on the non-3D version, otherwise nothing special this release go-around.

EDIT: Looks like The Peanuts Movie also has the same $27.99 + $5 eGC pre-order bonus as well.

Well seeing that Best Buy and Amazon don't carry Finding Nemo 3D anymore (Target and Walmart do but at over $45) I called my local indie chain and they had a used copy for $25 and I had enough rewards points to knock it down to half that. Just need Cars and Up to round out my Pixar 3D collection. No DMR/DMA/DC but that's ok because the copy I got was absolutely pristine with a lenticular slip

Well seeing that Best Buy and Amazon don't carry Finding Nemo 3D anymore (Target and Walmart do but at over $45) I called my local indie chain and they had a used copy for $25 and I had enough rewards points to knock it down to half that. Just need Cars and Up to round out my Pixar 3D collection. No DMR/DMA/DC but that's ok because the copy I got was absolutely pristine with a lenticular slip
I have the BB steelbook before North America stopped doing Disney SB which still sucks. I don't even think I've watched in 3D because my kid is so afraid of sharks.

Speaking of Finding Nemo 3D, opened mine up last night that I ordered a few years back. Put in and it won't read the disc. I switched in the 2d version and it works just fine. I checked the 3D disc and there is nothing wrong I can see that would prevent it from playing. It's way past the return to get another so I'm stuck with it. :wall: Lesson to take away always open and make sure everything works before the return period ends.

I have the BB steelbook before North America stopped doing Disney SB which still sucks. I don't even think I've watched in 3D because my kid is so afraid of sharks.
I'm still hunting down a decent deal on the steelbook on ebay and the bluray forums

Speaking of Finding Nemo 3D, opened mine up last night that I ordered a few years back. Put in and it won't read the disc. I switched in the 2d version and it works just fine. I checked the 3D disc and there is nothing wrong I can see that would prevent it from playing. It's way past the return to get another so I'm stuck with it. :wall: Lesson to take away always open and make sure everything works before the return period ends.
You should contact Disney or Disney Movie Rewards if you are a member. Not sure if they can give you an outright replacement for free but they may be able to do something for you.

Speaking of Finding Nemo 3D, opened mine up last night that I ordered a few years back. Put in and it won't read the disc. I switched in the 2d version and it works just fine. I checked the 3D disc and there is nothing wrong I can see that would prevent it from playing. It's way past the return to get another so I'm stuck with it. :wall: Lesson to take away always open and make sure everything works before the return period ends.
Wash it with some light dish soap and warm water, see if that will help. Also, if your playing it on a PS3 delete some of the cache, that can sometimes cause a problem.

Just need Cars and Up to round out my Pixar 3D collection. No DMR/DMA/DC but that's ok because the copy I got was absolutely pristine with a lenticular slip
I ordered Cars 3D less than two weeks ago from DMR. Might be worth checking again, unless you were saying no to that for points reasons.

Just lookin' out...

Also, if your playing it on a PS3 delete some of the cache, that can sometimes cause a problem.
Yup, have had to do this for random blus every so often. If not a PS3 see if you blu ray player needs a firmware update

I ordered Cars 3D less than two weeks ago from DMR. Might be worth checking again, unless you were saying no to that for points reasons.
Just lookin' out...
It's sold out now. I saw that and almost ordered but I generall save points for DMR exclusives and not for things that can be found at retail. I might rethink that though with certain Pixar 3D titles being harder to find at retail now.

It's sold out now. I saw that and almost ordered but I generall save points for DMR exclusives and not for things that can be found at retail. I might rethink that though with certain Pixar 3D titles being harder to find at retail now.
Sorry. Would have double-checked, but it's a pain to log-in on DMR on my phone.

Finding Nemo 3d bluray was re released on 2/09/16. Nothing different except the digital copy

I found that out on the BR forum but when you search BB (it is now but wasn't the other day), Target and Amazon, they don't have the new or old versions listed. Walmart does but at $47 and Fry's does at $38.

Picked up The Good Dinosaur 3D at Target with the $5 off coupon through DMR

I found that out on the BR forum but when you search BB (it is now but wasn't the other day), Target and Amazon, they don't have the new or old versions listed. Walmart does but at $47 and Fry's does at $38.

Picked up The Good Dinosaur 3D at Target with the $5 off coupon through DMR
Is it 5 dollars off any version of Good Dinosaur or just 3D? Also, I logged into my DMR and couldn't find the coupon, where's it located?

It's an actual reward you purchase for 250 points, good for $5 off any Disney blu ray
Ah, thanks! I have about 2k in points so that might be a good idea. I ordered the Zavvi steelbook for my collection but I always regret not having a Digital copy for the kids.

The 3D in Everest wasn't so strong that it gives you that fear of heights (I remember with Gravity I felt that slight nausea in a couple scenes and could only imagine the experience had I seen it in IMAX in the theater), but I thought it was well used to had depth and some sense of height to the mountain scenes.

Minion 3D has finally dropped in price.  You can find it for $19.49 at Amazon.  Target, Best Buy and Walmart all still have it in the $27 to $32 range so not sure if this is the new normal price and the rest will drop soon or if this is a fluke.  If you have been waiting for a price drop you may want to move now or at least use it for a price match.

Minion 3D has finally dropped in price. You can find it for $19.49 at Amazon. Target, Best Buy and Walmart all still have it in the $27 to $32 range so not sure if this is the new normal price and the rest will drop soon or if this is a fluke. If you have been waiting for a price drop you may want to move now or at least use it for a price match.
It's $18.49 right now.

Don't know if this interests anyone but Alice in Wonderland 3D Steelbook is around 24 shipped on zavvi.com. It's one of those odd situations where even the steelbook version is cheaper than most NA retail prices (sort of like what happened to Lion King and B&B). oddly the disc said region B but it played fine in my PS4.

No one has chimed in but it looks like we are getting a 3D release for TFA, just not until later in the year
It just says "3D Version" is coming--I'll believe it's an actual 3D Blu-ray when I see it.

That wording could just mean a $35 Vudu digital 3D version like they did in the US for Frozen, Big Hero 6 and others.

It just says "3D Version" is coming--I'll believe it's an actual 3D Blu-ray when I see it.

That wording could just mean a $35 Vudu digital 3D version like they did in the US for Frozen, Big Hero 6 and others.
Right but it's still a possibility. If the only way to get it is digitally I'll bite. If overseas gets an actual disc I will just import it.

I still don't think that's viable as I think the 3D crowd overlaps pretty heavily with people who think streaming video is inly good for things like Golden Girls reruns. I can't think of any major 3D release that has stayed 100% digital. Closest is Planes:Fire and Rescue which didn't even get a EU release, right?

I still don't think that's viable as I think the 3D crowd overlaps pretty heavily with people who think streaming video is inly good for things like Golden Girls reruns. I can't think of any major 3D release that has stayed 100% digital. Closest is Planes:Fire and Rescue which didn't even get a EU release, right?
One of those Tinkerbell movies is in 3D on Vudu and I don't think that got a 3D BD anywhere

Ah. Apparently Pirate Fairy is the same deal. Odd even if they released it in limited fashion it would probably sell out quickly, and they already did the work to produce it.

Ah. Apparently Pirate Fairy is the same deal. Odd even if they released it in limited fashion it would probably sell out quickly, and they already did the work to produce it.
That's when Disney started being lame with their 3D releases, I think Big Hero 6 was the first big title to get some outrage.

Edit: some other ones I forgot we're, Need For Speed, Maleficent, and Frozen.

That's when Disney started being lame with their 3D releases, I think Big Hero 6 was the first big title to get some outrage.

Edit: some other ones I forgot we're, Need For Speed, Maleficent, and Frozen.
Frozen picked up a ton of outrage since they actually listed it on Amazon and then pulled it when they went 2D only with it.

I ended up picking up Frozen 3D and Malifecent 3D from Amazon.co.uk when they had one of their B1G1 sales.

Need for Speed, doubt anyone really gave two bits about that one. Big Hero 6 did get some grief over it, though I'll pick that up another time on another B1G1 from Amazon at some other point.

Frozen picked up a ton of outrage since they actually listed it on Amazon and then pulled it when they went 2D only with it.

I ended up picking up Frozen 3D and Malifecent 3D from Amazon.co.uk when they had one of their B1G1 sales.

Need for Speed, doubt anyone really gave two bits about that one. Big Hero 6 did get some grief over it, though I'll pick that up another time on another B1G1 from Amazon at some other point.
Frozen is probably exhibit A in the "3D is a dead format" battle since it makes no sense to troll the North American audience with a preorder and then take it away. The fact that it never returned is in my opinion testament that Disney thinks the NA disc market is on the way out and digital adoption is where the money is. Problem with that is that there's been quite a few convincing arguments that streaming isn't remotely ready to provide the same quality as bluray 3D or even bluray for that matter.

Frozen is probably exhibit A in the "3D is a dead format" battle since it makes no sense to troll the North American audience with a preorder and then take it away. The fact that it never returned is in my opinion testament that Disney thinks the NA disc market is on the way out and digital adoption is where the money is. Problem with that is that there's been quite a few convincing arguments that streaming isn't remotely ready to provide the same quality as bluray 3D or even bluray for that matter.
Plenty of other vendors are happily bringing out 3D movies on release, it's just Disney that seems to be the one with their head squarely up their ass about it.

Pixar does it, as does Marvel, as we've seen, so it's just Disney-proper movies that are the ones where 3D is a "dead" format.

Plenty of other vendors are happily bringing out 3D movies on release, it's just Disney that seems to be the one with their head squarely up their ass about it.

Pixar does it, as does Marvel, as we've seen, so it's just Disney-proper movies that are the ones where 3D is a "dead" format.
That's a really good point. Now that I think about it every 3D released film is pretty much getting a home release. So what's the story? Was is just the big Disney anywhere push that caused all the mess?

That's a really good point. Now that I think about it every 3D released film is pretty much getting a home release. So what's the story? Was is just the big Disney anywhere push that caused all the mess?
Most likely it was Disney Anywhere that caused the mess. 3D is pretty much everywhere in TVs that aren't bottom of the barrel and if you have a 4K 3D TV, you're getting 1080p in each eye for the glasses, not 1080i like you have on a 1080p 3D TV, so the 3D looks better and has less chance of crosstalk.

Active 3D does 1080p fine. It's passive 3D that required 1080i. And 4K 3D would still be better than 1080p. It'd be 2x the resolution instead of 4x, at minimum.

And yes, the rumor was Frozen was to be the first digital-only 3D movie in the US to push sales, but it never happened. It also explains why a physical version was originally planned and then axed, and only the US.

Active 3D is where the fake 240 Hz TVs benefit. The reasoning behind it was always because a pixel changes from black to anything at a fairly constant 2 ms instead of 2-8+ going from one color to another (depends on color). The fake 240 Hz added black frames between every real frame to help eliminate cross talk motion blur / ghosting / whatever else.

But people keep shouting false advertising without understanding the reason behind it.

*Disclaimer: I don't remember the actual times, so the 2 ms and 2-8ms might be off. But the concept is right.

The two sets I've had have only been active. The movies look really sharp on a 4k set, I think my next TV is going to be 2016 LG G series oled, I think this one is passive.

I think the only mainstream movies not released by Disney were Noah, Free Birds, and the Return to Oz animated movie. I guess you can ad Scorch Trials too, but that never came out in 3D stateside. I know I'm missing a couple, can't think of them though.

Edit: seventh son, that's the one I couldn't remember.

Most likely it was Disney Anywhere that caused the mess. 3D is pretty much everywhere in TVs that aren't bottom of the barrel and if you have a 4K 3D TV, you're getting 1080p in each eye for the glasses, not 1080i like you have on a 1080p 3D TV, so the 3D looks better and has less chance of crosstalk.
Well, unless you're buying a new 2016 model TV from Samsung or Phillips...

For a long time I thought Disney was just delaying the 3D release of Frozen to milk another release out of fans after the movie became such a big hit, but unless they're saving it up for Frozen 2 or something I highly doubt that now.

It's been a rumor for a few weeks now but a forum member over at bluray has posted info that further confirms Zootopia is getting a 3D release!

It's been a rumor for a few weeks now but a forum member over at bluray has posted info that further confirms Zootopia is getting a 3D release!
Good to hear, I thought the movie was just phenomenal. It makes me long a little for the great movies it takes a couple of jabs at (Lion King, Aladdin, etc.) but also gives me hope that Disney will be able to start taking more risks with complex and nuanced stories.

I'll believe it when it's an order-able item that actually ships out in the US market. Frozen, I'm looking at you.

I understand the skepticism but the poster over at bluray had pics of a survey that was sent out about 3D and other store retailer exclusives as well as the artwork for the case so I'd say it's looking pretty solid.

bread's done
Back