3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you with active shutter glasses, where do you guys get batteries? I bought some on Amazon, and they last a little more than a movie before they are completely dead. I'm wondering if they are counterfeit batteries, or maybe I should be taking the batteries out after watching a movie?
What batteries do your glasses take?

They use the CR1620 batteries.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Seems like a number of listing for Energizer, Duracell, Sony and other branded batteries, with the cost depending on the vendor and the quantity.

I'd suggest buying a name brand set from some retail store locally, like Energizer, and see if they work better than the ones you picked up from Amazon.

Seems like a number of listing for Energizer, Duracell, Sony and other branded batteries, with the cost depending on the vendor and the quantity.

I'd suggest buying a name brand set from some retail store locally, like Energizer, and see if they work better than the ones you picked up from Amazon.
Thanks, I'll have to try that. I ordered some Energizer ones last time but they were a fraction of the cost of the ones you get at the store. That makes me think they were not the real deal.

Anyone seeing a great price on Finding Dory 3D now that it has been released?  It really hurts to the see the 2D version going for $15 at Walmart & Amazon but about $28 for the 3D release.  Target pre-order seemed the best but only because of the $5 GC and I don't really shop at Target much so it was not of much value for me.  I did find the set for $27 from Deep Discount and $25 from Bull Moose but I have been burned by Deep Discount and have never purchased from Bull Moose before.  Hoping someone here has found the magic to get a great price!

Anyone seeing a great price on Finding Dory 3D now that it has been released? It really hurts to the see the 2D version going for $15 at Walmart & Amazon but about $28 for the 3D release. Target pre-order seemed the best but only because of the $5 GC and I don't really shop at Target much so it was not of much value for me. I did find the set for $27 from Deep Discount and $25 from Bull Moose but I have been burned by Deep Discount and have never purchased from Bull Moose before. Hoping someone here has found the magic to get a great price!
Actually Target canceled the gift card bonus and just took another $5 off the total. Out the door was $22.99 before tax

Actually Target canceled the gift card bonus and just took another $5 off the total. Out the door was $22.99 before tax
Ah man - I didn't realize that was what Josef was saying in his post last week. Bummer for me. Here's hoping that someone knows of another great deal. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be one of the non-advertised Black Friday deals.

They didn't cancel my gift card, but I shop there enough that it doesn't matter—and if you use the gift card online it doesn't affect your Red Card discount

Does it beat the current $27 price from BB, Target, etc on the re-released version?
Oh Yeah, I know I wont get even close to the near $40 I paid for it, I had some bby space bucks to burn so I got the NTSC version. To you or one of the other regulars here I would let go for a good price.

Zavvi and Amazon UK have 3 for 30 on UK 3D blu-rays. Comes out to about $40 US shipped. They should be all region free. Includes Alice through the looking glass, Big Hero 6, Frozen and hard to find Beauty and the Beast, Captain America First Avenger.

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/disney/multibuy/3d.list?widget_id=385783
Went for Alice, Big Hero, and Monsters U. Heard Alice was terrible, but I really liked the first one, and this price is almost what it would have cost me to see it in a matinee in theaters, the only way you could see it in 3-D in the states. Ditto BH6, except review on this one were quite good. While MU is available here, it's pretty expensive compared to other Disney/Pixar releases, and it's one of the few available for the offer I don't own already.

I'm a little disappointed Disney is not giving The BFG a 3D BR release.  Especially after the trio of movies they released in 3D this past Tuesday.

Went for Alice, Big Hero, and Monsters U. Heard Alice was terrible, but I really liked the first one, and this price is almost what it would have cost me to see it in a matinee in theaters, the only way you could see it in 3-D in the states. Ditto BH6, except review on this one were quite good. While MU is available here, it's pretty expensive compared to other Disney/Pixar releases, and it's one of the few available for the offer I don't own already.
I found Alice pretty entertaining. Didnt watch it in 3D but it would certainly add to make it more interesting visually. Funny thing was I watched the whole movie thinking the actress playing Alice was Gwyneth Paltrow. My eyes must be going since she's a dead-ringer for her. Johnny Depp's Mad Cutter seem far tamer in this movie than in the first.

Wish the Thor movies were part of the Zavvi deal. It's the last of the Marvel movies I have yet to get.

Walmart had Warcraft 3D up for $9.96 early this AM as well as Captain America: Civil War 3D for $7.96.  I believe both are sold out for shipping but you may still be able to pick up at your local store if they have copies.

I'm heading over there in a bit to see if the 3D Blu glitch is happening this year.  Last year, B&M doorbuster prices were live early in the day at Walmart, at least for blurays (Got Aladdin for $10 at noonish).  Gonna grab a copy of every 3d movie and scan them at the pricechecker - I'll update later.

Civil War is available for store pickup today, if your local store has stock.  Just ordered a copy.  No dice on Warcraft.

Looks like no glitch this year. My store really cut back on the 3D blus, but the few they had rang up regular price.

Also, they said that some 3Ds will be part of the sale and are packed on the BF displays. Civil War and Warcraft appear to be a few. Other blus were ringing uo sale price though. Picked up Beauty and Beast, Finding Dory and Zootopia for 9.9x-10.00 each

That said, anyone who placed an order for instore pickup of Civil War is most likely to get cancelled since they dont open the bulk displays until the sale starts and those are the only copies on hand. Thats what i was told, anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Walmart had Warcraft 3D up for $9.96 early this AM as well as Captain America: Civil War 3D for $7.96. I believe both are sold out for shipping but you may still be able to pick up at your local store if they have copies.
=/ really wanted that one too.

Civil War got cancelled. I think it was more a price mistake they didnt want to honor, since the DVD is the same price, not blu ray. Bummer...

Jet.com has 30% off with code GMA30. I ended up getting Star Trek Beyond  for $18.81, Independence Day Resurgence for $16.78, TMNT: Out of the Shadows for $15.45, and Polar Express for $12.33

I ordered Civil War for pick up, walked in at 1:00 pm yesterday and was out with my copy in 5 min
Glad someone is having luck with it. My store that cancelled is still showing 10 in stock on brickseek.

I'm about to call and ask to talk to the manager.

Jet.com has 30% off with code GMA30. I ended up getting Star Trek Beyond for $18.81, Independence Day Resurgence for $16.78, TMNT: Out of the Shadows for $15.45, and Polar Express for $12.33
Thanks!

Just ordered Star Trek Beyond and The Peanuts Movie for $39.33 total. I'm thinking about Independence Day Resurgence.

The status of my Civil War order is strange. I ordered for pickup but got a delay email yesterday, which I assumed meant that it would probably be cancelled. However the expected available date is yesterday and the status reads "shipped." Shipped where?

I can't recommend Dredd enough.

They also have How To Train Your Dragon 2 and The Walk for $14.99 each. Already have HTTYD2, but I'm tempted by The Walk. Any opinions on that film and its 3D?

I can't recommend Dredd enough.

They also have How To Train Your Dragon 2 and The Walk for $14.99 each. Already have HTTYD2, but I'm tempted by The Walk. Any opinions on that film and its 3D?
One of the best uses of 3D I've seen, not just in the tower walk scenes, but throughout (albeit more subtly) and tells a good story as well.

Currently exclusive for prime members
I believe Amazon is just price matching Target with their extra 15% sitewide, so just order it there if you have to.

bread's done
Back