3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
2D is just fine. 3D is a gimmick anyway, albeit a fun gimmick that I enjoy a lot too. I have a ton of 3D Blu-rays. But to call 2D crappy is just odd. The vast majority of movies exist in 2D only.

And face it, 3D never became mainstream, and no 3D TV sets were even made this year. It's not going to be too long before nothing gets released on 3D Blu-ray at all. It sucks, but you can hardly blame the studios for it. If 3D was a big money maker, they'd still be all over it.
2-D is not just fine when 3-D versions exist. 2-D is unacceptable, knowing 3-D versions exist, especially when a lot of films are shot with 3-D in mind. Now 3-D was never going to become mainstream; it was always an enthusiast thing. With the exception of films like Gravity and Avatar, only a small percentage of moviegoers (sometimes as little as 20%) opt to see it in 3-D in theaters. Oddly, home release sales of those films and Marvel movies often eclipse their 2-D counterparts, according to sales figures. Sad that 3-D TVs are no longer made, pushing the price of existing ones through the roof, and leaving current owners out of luck when their sets break. At least we have projectors and even PSVR as options, but it is still a lame situation. To the devil with the studios and their bean counters!

I've got somewhere between 130 and 150 3D movies...  the last I had actually counted them was about 2 years ago, and I had 120 then, and I've bought quite a few since then.  Almost all my Blu-ray collection is in boxes in a closet right now, because I'm in the middle of constructing two more media shelves from scratch to house them, so I can't get an exact count right now.

So Cars 3 3D is not hitting NA? Ordered from Zavvi to get the SB and 3D in one purchase but man things like this keep me thinking that 2018 may be the last year for 3D bluray.

Nope no US release unfortunately. Yes looks like 3D from Disney is on it’s way out here in the US but importing for relatively cheap from overseas looks like it will continue to be an option, 3D seems like it’s still going strong in the rest of the world.

Lots of Fox titles on sale at Best Buy with Amazon price matching.

Best buy has $9.99 3d movies in their AD. Appears to have incorrect price on their site so I had to chat with someone the adjust the price.

https://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=movies+amp+music3
I have a feeling that ad was supposed to say "Starting at $9.99" since there are several at $9.99 in addition to the higher priced ones. Either way sounds like the deal can still be had with a price adjustment.

I have a feeling that ad was supposed to say "Starting at $9.99" since there are several at $9.99 in addition to the higher priced ones. Either way sounds like the deal can still be had with a price adjustment.
Price is fixed now so you don't need to do a price adjustment.

Decent BF haul for me - Spiderman Homecoming (got for $10 at Fry's), Suicide Squad and Lego Batman ($10 at BB) and X-men Apocalypse ($12 at BB) I bought all of these only to get the 3D discs to put in the steelbooks I already own, gonna sell off he discs and digital copies to recoup some of the cost

Let's face it, there's only one reason anyone would want Suicide Squad 3D.

I totally bought it too and I don't know if I actually want to keep it.

Got this one from Japan today - Garden of Sinners: Overlooking View 3D... Not English friendly, unfortunately. I do have two copies of the subtitled 2D Blu-ray of the movie, though, in both the Japanese LE and SE Blu-ray Box sets.

gos3djp.jpg

Let's face it, there's only one reason anyone would want Suicide Squad 3D.

I totally bought it too and I don't know if I actually want to keep it.
I bought it too, for two reasons: 1. It's in 3-D, and unlikely you'll find it for this price again, and 2. it's DC Universe. With Wonder Woman (another BF aquisition, but went 4K due to lackluster 3-D in theaters) and Justice League (similar mediocre 3-D) both kicking ass, and a bunch more films on the way, I know if I don't get this now, I'll regret it later when I'm looking to complete the set.

I also got suicide squad in 3-D but I didn't think it was that terrible of a film and well 3-D looks really good on my oled tv .

I also got suicide squad in 3-D but I didn't think it was that terrible of a film and well 3-D looks really good on my oled tv .
No, it wasn't terrible, but compared to expectations, it was a huge letdown, especially after Deadpool did adult-style comic action so well. Also, there was pre-release talk that Leto would do just as good with his take on the Joker as Heath Ledger.

Best Buy has 3d movies on sale for $9.99 each. There's actually some newer ones which is nice.
I was a little surprised to see Transformers: The Last Knight included for $9.99 as that just came out a couple months ago. Ghost in the Shell is also included but I got that at launch.

Ghost is sold out, but available for in-store pickup. Tintin is sold out completely. Transformers Last Knight is being matched by Amazon.

Picked up Transformers (Age of Extinction and Last Knight) and Star Trek Beyond. Now my Star Trek trilogy is complete, and so is my Transformers 3-D collection. 

Thanks for letting me know about the Best Buy sale!  I ordered TMNT: Out of the Shadows 3D and Star Trek Beyond 3D yesterday!  Two more off the wishlist!

Thanks for letting me know about the Best Buy sale! I ordered TMNT: Out of the Shadows 3D and Star Trek Beyond 3D yesterday! Two more off the wishlist!
Shame Ghost and TIntin sold out within hours (or less) from the start of the sale. Tintin is Sold Out, which generally means there will not be a restock. It and Terminator Genesis (also sold out online) are sort of being matched at Amazon at $16 and change.

Shame Ghost and TIntin sold out within hours (or less) from the start of the sale. Tintin is Sold Out, which generally means there will not be a restock. It and Terminator Genesis (also sold out online) are sort of being matched at Amazon at $16 and change.
Some of these have been coming in and out of stock. For example Tintin was back in stock for shipping sometime late last night after it was posted on here that it sold out.

Some of these have been coming in and out of stock. For example Tintin was back in stock for shipping sometime late last night after it was posted on here that it sold out.
At least Tintin is now a "check stores". Guess I was wrong that "sold out" means discontinued. If it was available for shipping, that gives me some hope, however faint. On the bad side, Out of the Shadows has now joined the Sold Out club.

Of course Terminator Genisys 3D was also in and out of stock for a while and I got an order in, but now just got a delayed email.  Wonder if I will actually get it?

Got my Terminator Genisys 3D in the mail today.

Also, I have seen some reports of a lot of these titles now showing up in Best Buy stores in limited quantities.  I wonder if they are part of a new shipper?

Got my Terminator Genisys 3D in the mail today.

Also, I have seen some reports of a lot of these titles now showing up in Best Buy stores in limited quantities. I wonder if they are part of a new shipper?
Got my Ghost and Tintin in the mail. Tintin was damaged, as was an Age of Extinction that arrived earlier in the week. I discovered that Age was sold out after I returned it. I did see a display there, which was mostly sold out. Only a few older films, like Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe, Ninja Turtles 1, and Titanic remained, and each of those only had one or two copies left. Funny they're selling so well while TV manufacturers and certain studios like Disney cheerfully declare the end of the format.

Funny they're selling so well while TV manufacturers and certain studios like Disney cheerfully declare the end of the format.
They're not selling "so well" though. For most movies with a 3D Blu-ray release, 3D makes up less than 10% of the total movie sales. It's usually only the odd superhero movie here and there that jumps any higher than that.

Right and I also don’t know about the “cheerfully declare” part. It is what is. Us 3D collectors are a niche group and the studios new niche focus is on 4K. I think our next hope is that Cameron blows everyone away again with the Avatar movies and some kind of glasses-less tv technology comes out after the new movies are released. Otherwise the writings been on the wall for a while now and it’s best to stock up on these 3D blus while we can in the US. Also the rest of the world, particularly Europe seems to still have a healthy amount of 3D blu releases we don’t get here and the prices to import are usually comparable and lot of the times better than what we pay here. I don’t like that we have to import some titles but it’s a good option especially since zaavi and amazon U.K. usually have buy one get one deals pretty often

Anyone that ordered The Lego Ninjago Movie 3D from Amazon actually get their order? Mine hasn't even shipped and there's no info at all on it. It kind of seems like it was listed by mistake and they aren't doing a US 3D release at all. I only ever saw the 3D listed on Amazon and Wal-mart, and they both show unavailable right now.

Went to a BB last night that actually had a Paramount 3D endcap so I picked up the two TMNT movies (with slipcovers) for $9.99 each.

Right and I also don’t know about the “cheerfully declare” part. It is what is. Us 3D collectors are a niche group and the studios new niche focus is on 4K. I think our next hope is that Cameron blows everyone away again with the Avatar movies and some kind of glasses-less tv technology comes out after the new movies are released. Otherwise the writings been on the wall for a while now and it’s best to stock up on these 3D blus while we can in the US. Also the rest of the world, particularly Europe seems to still have a healthy amount of 3D blu releases we don’t get here and the prices to import are usually comparable and lot of the times better than what we pay here. I don’t like that we have to import some titles but it’s a good option especially since zaavi and amazon U.K. usually have buy one get one deals pretty often
4K is not a niche - it's the successor to HDTV, and they're much cheaper to manufacture than 3-D TVs, so you better believe they're happy about it. It is funny how 3-D is not popular here, even in theaters, while it is doing very well overseas. I am stocking up on 3-D blus now, but when my very old TV finally does break, it's going to be a suck like I've never seen before getting a new one.

bread's done
Back