3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
The Steelbook. I already mentioned that and you even quoted it.
Which steelbook has a 3D Blu-Ray as indicated by the sticker?

Neither of the steelbook listings indicate 3D in the listing:

4K:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blade-runner-2049-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2017/6164105.p?skuId=6164105

BR:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blade-runner-2049-steelbook-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-2017/6164102.p?skuId=6164102

So you are implying one of these steelbook listings includes a Best Buy exclusive 3D disc? Again, the sticker I posted is for a "3D Blu Ray" exclusive at Best Buy, not a steelbook packaging exclusive.

For Best Buy, even though the store pickup was unavailable, my store had two copies of Blade Runner 2049 3D this morning.

YMMV.

Not exactly sure what this BB exclusive sticker is referring to then.

attachicon.gif
bladerunner3d.JPG
My regular 3D copy has this sticker as well. very strange.

Mine did but I threw it away since I was looking to consolidate the 4K version and 3D into a single case. That said I was kinda disappointed by the film and 3D. I'm still glad I own it but might not have bothered with 3D. 

TMNT: Out of the Shadows no longer available at Amazon. I found that out when mine arrived damaged and I tried to exchange it.

My Best Buy order for Blade Runner 2049 3D was delayed this week, but I guess I can't complain because somehow they accidentally sent me two copies. One came the 18th, and a second one showed up today. I was only charged for one.

I’m hoping they open up orders again soon or closer stores get restocked. I have one reserved at a “local” store 45 min away.

I’m hoping they open up orders again soon or closer stores get restocked. I have one reserved at a “local” store 45 min away.
At this point, I wouldn't bet on Best Buy, Amazon or Walmart restocking 3D blu-rays after release, if they carry them at all.

For the past few 3D releases, I had been holding out, hoping for better prices ... only to see titles like Lego Ninjago and Geostorm never come back into stock and eventually vanish from the sites (or only being sold at a premium by third parties)

I had pre-ordered Blade Runner 2049 from Best Buy, and now, even this title is only available for pickup from select Best Buy stores and is not listed on Amazon or Walmart.

For 3D titles, it really looks like we need to pre-order or pickup on release day as the bigger stores do not appear to be planning on restocking.

I was able to locate Lego Ninjago and Geostorm 3D on a few sites (Deep Discount, Bullmoose, WB Shop), though the prices are high and most charge shipping. I did eventually place an order for them with Deep Discount.

Warner seems to be the only company making 3D Blu Rays now and they are manufacturing them on demand supposedly.  That's why the other retailers are getting copies of the new Blade Runner 3D release.  It looks like the BB exclusive was a regular 3D Blu Ray and yes, I think the slipcover, since the Warner MOD 3D releases don't come with a slipcover.

Warner also appears to be selling these from their Warner Archive site (Blade Runner 2049, Geostorm, Lega Ninjago).

It looks like Disney isn't bringing CoCo to the US in 3D Bluray. While it should be easy enough to import region free Zavvi currently has the 3D steelbook for around 36 shipped. These combos typically sellout after a month of so and got for around 50 bucks on ebay after that.

Coco 3D Bluray Steelbook

I thought Disney was long done with 3D of any kind in the US?
They did have that brief period last year where they brought out Moana 3D and released The Jungle Book 3D many months after the standard Blu Ray was released, in addition to the Marvel stuff (and Rogue One). Gave me a little hope that they would continue to support the medium. Guess not.

Best Buy’s product page for Geostorm gives an error (was loading a few hours ago). Search results that give the link say Sold Out—was the 3D version ever orderable? The release date for the 3D says 1/16 while all the other formats are 1/23.

Best Buy’s product page for Geostorm gives an error (was loading a few hours ago). Search results that give the link say Sold Out—was the 3D version ever orderable? The release date for the 3D says 1/16 while all the other formats are 1/23.
Yes, users on the blu-ray.com forums have posted that they had ordered and received it from Best Buy.

Yes, users on the blu-ray.com forums have posted that they had ordered and received it from Best Buy.
The 3D Geostorm has been completely removed from Best Buy's site--I had pre-ordered from Amazon UK--hopefully it will have same specs/the digital copy will work here.

Was that one hard to come by? The Best Buy near me seemed to have tons of copies, an a side note my geostorm 3d from Best Buy got delayed. =(

Was that one hard to come by? The Best Buy near me seemed to have tons of copies, an a side note my geostorm 3d from Best Buy got delayed. =(
Its a little weird because it is sold out on their website (and they even removed the listing page it seems) but there are reports that B&M stores seem to have a decent amount of copies.

If you are willing to wait till February 5th, Zavvi has Blade Runner 2049 3D with a steelbook edition up for pre-order. It's only $5 more than best buy and shipping was only a couple bucks, making it around $37. Worth it to me to get both 3D and a steelbook. https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/blade-runner-2049-3d-includes-2d-version-limited-edition-steelbook/11566759.html

If you are willing to wait till February 5th, Zavvi has Blade Runner 2049 3D with a steelbook edition up for pre-order. It's only $5 more than best buy and shipping was only a couple bucks, making it around $37. Worth it to me to get both 3D and a steelbook. https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/blade-runner-2049-3d-includes-2d-version-limited-edition-steelbook/11566759.html
I had the UK version preordered but got the Best Buy one instead. The UK 3D comes with a digital copy that won’t transfer to US services and includes sub-par audio compared to the US disc.

I had the UK version preordered but got the Best Buy one instead. The UK 3D comes with a digital copy that won’t transfer to US services and includes sub-par audio compared to the US disc.
I honestly never use digital editions so that doesn't bother me. Can you point me to where it says the sound quality is different? I can't find anything about it. Not like I buy a lot of uk blus so that's probably why I've never heard that before.

I honestly never use digital editions so that doesn't bother me. Can you point me to where it says the sound quality is different? I can't find anything about it. Not like I buy a lot of uk blus so that's probably why I've never heard that before.
Someone mentioned it in a forum, but you can see on the back covers/specs on the site I listed below. The US 2D BD includes Atmos sound while the 3D is only DTS-HD MA, but the UK is even worse with a lower bit rate AC3 DD.

The reason they are different is that Sony is releasing the UK version while WB is doing the US

UK: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-2049-3D-Blu-ray/190521/
US: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-2049-3D-Blu-ray/190352/

Someone mentioned it in a forum, but you can see on the back covers/specs on the site I listed below. The US 2D BD includes Atmos sound while the 3D is only DTS-HD MA, but the UK is even worse with a lower bit rate AC3 DD.

The reason they are different is that Sony is releasing the UK version while WB is doing the US

UK: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-2049-3D-Blu-ray/190521/
US: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-2049-3D-Blu-ray/190352/
thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Tbh I'll probably keep my zavvi order for the steelbook and buy a 2D U.S. copy when it gets cheaper. I love the movie enough that I don't mind buying it twice. I mean, I bought the johnnie walker black label director's cut simply because it's in the movie. So yeah, you could say I'm a fan of the film.

thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Tbh I'll probably keep my zavvi order for the steelbook and buy a 2D U.S. copy when it gets cheaper. I love the movie enough that I don't mind buying it twice. I mean, I bought the johnnie walker black label director's cut simply because it's in the movie. So yeah, you could say I'm a fan of the film.
They had an installation at San Diego Comic-Con last year where they had a VR experience at at the end you ended up in a recreated part of the set with actors in costume walking around for a cocktail party. They had props displayed and they were giving out samples of The Johnnie walker. They did an excellent job because months later when I was watching the movie I had this sense of deja vu that I’d already been there.

I forgot to mention it earlier, but Dollar Tree had a restock of their $1 Blu-Rays and a few 3D titles were included.  I'm pretty sure Rio 2 was one of them. Thunder and the House of Magic was another.  I think there was one more, though can't recall the name.

I showed Blade Runner 3D for my February Monthly Movie nights in my FreyMAX 3D projection theater on Thursday and Saturday nights, and had quite a turnout of friends and neighbors for both nights - 7 people on Thursday night, and 10 people Saturday night. I only have 10 pairs of shutter glasses for my Epson projector, and permanent seating for 7, so Saturday was a full house, with extra chairs setup in the aisle. The majority of those attending had never even seen the original 1982 movie, so I was really surprised to get that kind of turnout. 

I preordered that and Coco 3D from Zavvi UK in case they sell out. Are these releases likely to be region free?
Most (but not all) Disney releases up to this point have been region free. Whether this will continue to be the case is yet to be determined. If it is, I'll probably place a similar order at some point.

So it looks like we may finally be at the deathbed of 3D Blu Rays in the US.  Only upcoming title that I can see is Justice League.  By the way, Best Buy is currently offering a special version of that with trading cards (like they did with Wonder Woman) so I preordered it from there ($29.99).

So it looks like we may finally be at the deathbed of 3D Blu Rays in the US. Only upcoming title that I can see is Justice League. By the way, Best Buy is currently offering a special version of that with trading cards (like they did with Wonder Woman) so I preordered it from there ($29.99).
There is also The Maze coming in April but have only seen on Amazon so far.

The Zavvi 3D steelbooks don't typically come with digital codes, do they? I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the site for the few movies I have preordered. I've never ordered from them before because until now everything I've wanted in 3D has had a US release.

The Zavvi 3D steelbooks don't typically come with digital codes, do they? I don't see that mentioned anywhere on the site for the few movies I have preordered. I've never ordered from them before because until now everything I've wanted in 3D has had a US release.
None of the UK Disney stuff comes with a digital copy, steelbook or otherwise.

None of the UK Disney stuff comes with a digital copy, steelbook or otherwise.
Thanks for the reply. Not surprised, I guess. Not that the codes would have necessarily worked here, but it would have been nice to be able to sell them at least to recoup some of the cost of also having to grab them on digital UHD. Maybe I'll just also pick up the US 4K disc releases too. I wish this stuff was just still getting US releases. I absolutely hate having to double dip on a movie. I loved that the Best Buy Guardians 2 steelbook had 4K, 3D, 2D, and digital, and I was hoping that was going to become the norm.

bread's done
Back