3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought another 3D TV last night. Upgraded from a 1st Generation Active samsung to a new Passive LG. Wow! Re-watched some scenes from Fright Night 3D which had some ghosting/crosstalk, and they are all gone with the LG.

[quote name='GizmoGC']So I bought another 3D TV last night. Upgraded from a 1st Generation Active samsung to a new Passive LG. Wow! Re-watched some scenes from Fright Night 3D which had some ghosting/crosstalk, and they are all gone with the LG.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the LG 65 inch passive and what are your thoughts on the horizontal scan lines?

[quote name='maximus101']I was looking at the LG 65 inch passive and what are your thoughts on the horizontal scan lines?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't really see them. I've only had it a few hours though, so I have not had a whole lot of time to really get the feel of it. It was only $799 at Frys, which Best Buy price matched (and gave me 6 more free pairs of glasses), so I really can't complain too much. Came with a Wifi stick (which i can easily sell for $50, don't need it as the TV will be directly connected to my router), so overall, it was a good price.

Wii games look like shit though. Playing Zelda (componenet) is horrific compared to my Samsung. apparently there is a hidden THX Mode that I will have to enable once I get my $4 remote in from Amazon.

If anyone has a Meijer in the area they have the Toy Story Trilogy for $70 but now through Tue they have their Santa Bucks in the ads all over the place so take another $12 off for a total of $58 That basically $20 a pop after tax, and if like me you already own the Blu's for them this is a great deal as the Trilogy is 3D discs only, no combo packs.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']If anyone has a Meijer in the area they have the Toy Story Trilogy for $70 but now through Tue they have their Santa Bucks in the ads all over the place so take another $12 off for a total of $58 That basically $20 a pop after tax, and if like me you already own the Blu's for them this is a great deal as the Trilogy is 3D discs only, no combo packs.[/QUOTE]

Warehousedeals.com also has some nice deals for the trilogy -- currently some VG and LN copies in the $60 range.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Honestly, I don't really see them. I've only had it a few hours though, so I have not had a whole lot of time to really get the feel of it. It was only $799 at Frys, which Best Buy price matched (and gave me 6 more free pairs of glasses), so I really can't complain too much. Came with a Wifi stick (which i can easily sell for $50, don't need it as the TV will be directly connected to my router), so overall, it was a good price.

Wii games look like shit though. Playing Zelda (componenet) is horrific compared to my Samsung. apparently there is a hidden THX Mode that I will have to enable once I get my $4 remote in from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the LG 47LW5600 thanksgiving week and received it a week or so later. Haven't watched too much so far as I have been hella busy the past month. Pretty nice so far from what little I have seen of it. We sat down and watched A Christmas Carol 3d last weekend and it looked great.

Dumped the Xbox on CL and sold the Halo game that came in the bundle to knock down the total out of pocket price. Kept the free 6 pack of glasses that came with it though. The wife hates having to wear 3d glasses, so the clip ons that come in that pack work great for her.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Honestly, I don't really see them. I've only had it a few hours though, so I have not had a whole lot of time to really get the feel of it. It was only $799 at Frys, which Best Buy price matched (and gave me 6 more free pairs of glasses), so I really can't complain too much. Came with a Wifi stick (which i can easily sell for $50, don't need it as the TV will be directly connected to my router), so overall, it was a good price.

Wii games look like shit though. Playing Zelda (componenet) is horrific compared to my Samsung. apparently there is a hidden THX Mode that I will have to enable once I get my $4 remote in from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've been tempted to get a passive 3D TV for the cheap ('free' if you go see a 3D movie at the cineplex) glasses if nothing else, but I don't know if the quality would be comparable to my Panasonic plasma (TC-P42gt25) or not.

I was mostly looking at the Vizio passive TVs, but I'm guessing the LG is just a notch above the Vizios quality-wise... I could be wrong. The biggest issue I've seen with most of the lower-end passive TVs is that the brightness isn't even across the screen, which is definitely not an issue with my Panny.

I paid $799 for the Panasonic in February, so the price is perfect if I can unload my current TV for a fair amount of money. My current TV does have its issues (i.e. it doesn't properly handle 24p even though there is a setting for displaying 24p... *shrug*) but it's a good set with nary an issue with things like image retention, which is amazing considering the amount of hours I've used it to watch 4:3 TV shows, 2.35:1 movies and surf the internet. There are some definite instances of ghosting, but they seem to be the most prevalent when the glasses aren't freshly charged. I've heard that plasmas are better in the ghosting department than LCDs but I haven't really tested any LCD screens to see if my TV fits in with that stereotype... and since I really can't afford anything DLP (apparently no ghosting whatsoever) I'm not even going to go into that arena.

As for the Wii via component, I'm guessing it's just that the LG doesn't have a very good upscaler/smoother. If this is the case, then you're probably just getting straight-up 480p and what would be why it looks 'horrific'... I don't think THX settings would help that at all.

Personally, I was checking out the (new) Vizio's and didn't find too many favorable reviews. For the same price (well, cheaper in my case), you get better quality and more streaming options. I did like tje Keyboard remote for the Vizio, but it's not really a selling point as most of the streaming features don't really require it past setting up your username/password.

[quote name='doubledown']each of course[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah I figured that. $20 is good enough for me. I looked at their ad and only saw the 2D versions, though. I'm guessing they're priced accordingly in store :).

My dad bought himself a 3DTV for Christmas, and I'm looking at which 3D Blu Ray's to get for him. There's not a great choice, especially with Avatar not being an individual release. What are the best ones for the 3D effect?

[quote name='doubledown']target has cars2 and lion king 3d for $20[/QUOTE]

Amazon has matched--both are now $19.99 each on Amazon.com

[quote name='kidkash03']My dad bought himself a 3DTV for Christmas, and I'm looking at which 3D Blu Ray's to get for him. There's not a great choice, especially with Avatar not being an individual release. What are the best ones for the 3D effect?[/QUOTE]

Having just watched Tron Legacy, I would have to say to NOT get him this in 3D. I had heard mixed reviews about it but I honestly did not see a point for it to be in 3D. How about you get him this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Illust...erience/dp/B00508W2IA/ref=zg_bs_2743058011_58

J/K...or am I? ;) I have watched Capt. America, Drive Angry, Tron Evolution and Tangled in 3D, so far my fave has been Capt America.

[quote name='Ed_']Having just watched Tron Legacy, I would have to say to NOT get him this in 3D. I had heard mixed reviews about it but I honestly did not see a point for it to be in 3D. How about you get him this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Illust...erience/dp/B00508W2IA/ref=zg_bs_2743058011_58

J/K...or am I? ;) I have watched Capt. America, Drive Angry, Tron Evolution and Tangled in 3D, so far my fave has been Capt America.[/QUOTE]

I`m with you on that .Tron 3D wasn`t impressive for me.I`ll avoid it on 3D blu ray .May be those critics with depth like it who mostly don`t pay for their movies .I am more of OOS guy and loved Resident evil 3 D

The best looking one I've seen is Tekken Blood Vengeance, but I doubt your dad would like it. RE Afterlife is also good. Saw Green Lantern on Dish VOD the other day, and liked it. I imagine the Blu-ray version would look even better.

Tron is odd.

When he first enters "the grid" and gets picked up by the staple looking ship, it was very cool.

Then the light bike race came, I expected to be wowed but ended up pressing the power on my glasses to see if they turned off.

I had read that scene was 3D demo worthy, it would be almost last in my list of demos.

I've gotten on a 3D kick now that I got a little extra cash and my 3D tv. All recently have picked up:

Drive Angry
Cars 2
The Lion King
Capt America
RE:Afterlife
Coraline
Tangled
The Polar Express
Fright Night

Will probably pickup Nightmare Before Christmas as well. Can't wait to watch all these.

I picked up Step Up 3D :oops: and it arrived today; got it for $17.98 shipped...I hope the 3D is good...I also just ordered the Lion King & Cars 2 3D versions from Amazon, should be here on Wednesday. Now I just want the Toy Story movies and I'll be okay...for a minute ;)

[quote name='edallasplanet']Where did you get Step Up 3D for that price?[/QUOTE]

I too want to know where

Sorry guys, it was a mp seller on Amazon. The thing that wasn't disclosed was that the slipcover had a huge black sticker in the front; thankfully it came off cleanly.

[quote name='Zimmy']Tron is odd.

When he first enters "the grid" and gets picked up by the staple looking ship, it was very cool.

Then the light bike race came, I expected to be wowed but ended up pressing the power on my glasses to see if they turned off.

I had read that scene was 3D demo worthy, it would be almost last in my list of demos.[/QUOTE]

There must be something wrong with your set-up. The bike scene is great.

How is tangled in 3D ? I ordered cars2 3D from amazon.i heard color system is great in this disney flick .Target 'd only 2D version in $19.99 otherwise i'll be watching it 3D now as day off tomorow .

[quote name='pythoncancer']How is tangled in 3D ? I ordered cars2 3D from amazon.i heard color system is great in this disney flick .Target 'd only 2D version in $19.99 otherwise i'll be watching it 3D now as day off tomorow .[/QUOTE]

I thought Tangled looked great in 3D at home. Only saw it in 2D in the theater because I went with 4-year-old niece (I guess kids see these movies, too! ;)), and she doesn't do well with the glasses.

[quote name='KyleN']I thought Tangled looked great in 3D at home. Only saw it in 2D in the theater because I went with 4-year-old niece (I guess kids see these movies, too! ;)), and she doesn't do well with the glasses.[/QUOTE]

I only saw Tangled at my house, but I thought the 3D version was very good as well.

Yogi Bear 3D is down to $17.99
Clash of the Titans 3D for $16.99.

This two are now dead today was going to get Bestbuy to pm them :whistle2:(

[quote name='starmask2k3']Yogi Bear 3D is down to $17.99
Clash of the Titans 3D for $16.99.

This two are now dead today was going to get Bestbuy to pm them :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Glad I held off buying CotT, I've not heard good things about it in 3D, and didn't want to buy it just because of the low price. I've bought enough 3D Disney and Dreamworks BDs over the past two months as it is.

I am going to go get my 10 dollars back in the morning. It is pretty nice knowing that for the 30 bucks I spent on Part 2 I am going to also end up getting Part 1.

Glad I jumped in when I saw this earlier. I paid $25 for Part 2 a couple weeks ago while in-store, but if I was going to get Part 1, despite the lackluster 3D review, I'm glad I got it for $15. Even had free shipping, so it was a nice deal.

I had been into Best Buy for Christmas Present yesterday, and besides the full parking lot and loads of people... I found some good deals in store. While Transformers Trilogy was marked $54.99 on the shelf, I paid $39.99 online and picked it up. Then I found Season 5 of Rescue me on DVD for $12.99, Season 6 & the Final Season DVD for $24 (I think). Generation Kill on Blu was like $35, Red Riding Hood Blue was $11.99, and True Blood Season 3 on Blu was $29 I think... cheapest I've EVER seen it. Gal at pickup rang me up for the in-store, took care of my pickup, and was AWESOME besides being VERY cute. Thank you milady... you ROCK!!! :)

Red Riding hood is $10 at amazon ;). I was hoping Amanda would show her rack in this flick, but alas...I was disappointed. Found the film enjoyable though. I will say the previews led me to believe the story would turn out differently.

[quote name='Ed_']Red Riding hood is $10 at amazon ;). I was hoping Amanda would show her rack in this flick, but alas...I was disappointed. Found the film enjoyable though. I will say the previews led me to believe the story would turn out differently.[/QUOTE]

And here all I was hoping for was that it was in 3D ... but alas I was disappointed.

[quote name='Ed_']Red Riding hood is $10 at amazon ;). I was hoping Amanda would show her rack in this flick, but alas...I was disappointed. Found the film enjoyable though. I will say the previews led me to believe the story would turn out differently.[/QUOTE]

Caught maybe 20 minutes of it. Not my cup of tea.

Hollow : Thanks for that man. I saw Sanctum 3d in theaters, and it was a journey into a whole different world. I just ordered it again to watch on my sony 55" 3d.

Coraline - I would soooo recommend buying this. And I would of, but I swear to god I have seen it atleast 20 times on Blu Ray. While it is a fantastic movie, money is tight, and I cant "rebuy" things I already have. If you down own, or have not seen Coraline - you should def pick it up. This price is a steal.

bread's done
Back