3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KyleN']Can you be more specific about the scene are you talking about? 90% of it is ugly brown fish! :)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they're talking about the Potato Cod fish scene. I know I was really amazed at how far the fish protruded from my television screen.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Pretty sure they're talking about the Potato Cod fish scene. I know I was really amazed at how far the fish protruded from my television screen.[/QUOTE]

OK, yeah--that Potato Cod is frakking amazing--sticks out out across my entire living room practically in my lap :) (Watching on LG 47LW6500 Passive)

[quote name='KyleN']OK, yeah--that Potato Cod is frakking amazing--sticks out out across my entire living room practically in my lap :) (Watching on LG 47LW6500 Passive)[/QUOTE]

Seeing it made the first time I actually tried to touch a pop out image, lol.

[quote name='KyleN']OK, yeah--that Potato Cod is frakking amazing--sticks out out across my entire living room practically in my lap :) (Watching on LG 47LW6500 Passive)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']Seeing it made the first time I actually tried to touch a pop out image, lol.[/QUOTE]

This was the first 3d title I watched, well attempted to watch. My 4 y.o. daughter wanted to watch it with me and everything was fine until about 10 minutes in when the gator fish jumped out. She jumped at that and when the 2 snakes started swimming toward the screen a few minutes later she decided that was enough.

Took Under the Sea out and watched Rio. She was glued to the tv the whole time.

[quote name='darkdaze73']This was the first 3d title I watched, well attempted to watch. My 4 y.o. daughter wanted to watch it with me and everything was fine until about 10 minutes in when the gator fish jumped out. She jumped at that and when the 2 snakes started swimming toward the screen a few minutes later she decided that was enough.

Took Under the Sea out and watched Rio. She was glued to the tv the whole time.[/QUOTE]

Lol, Under the Sea definitely had a lot of the deep ocean's unique and odd creatures coming out of the screen at you. Deep Sea is also a very good one, but it focused more on depth than pop out, IMO.

I'm sorry couldn't get online till now. yes, it was the potato cod fish scene being demoed on the LG LW6500 at Best Buy

[quote name='nosferatu51']Just watched Kung FU Panda 2.... FAR AND AWAY the best 3D disc I've seen and I own quite a few.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Watched it last week with the kid. One of the few films that made me say man this tv was worth it.

Just did a search for 3D on Vudu and found some titles that are not listed under their 3D collection but are listed as being in 3D and I tried the 2 minute preview on one and it looked great. Here is what. Found please add if you find anything else.

Call of the Wild 3D - Purchase for $16.99 for HD or HDX or Rent $4.99 HD $5.99 for HDX
Sammy's Adventure - Purchase $21.99
Shark Night 3D - Purchase at $19.99 for HD or HDX
The Nutcracker 3D - Purchase for $16.99 for HD or HDX or Rent $4.99 HD $5.99 for HDX

So if your going to buy one obviously go with the HDX because it will adjust down if internet is to slow. The one I tested was Call of the Wild because it did not have the 3D Enabled Devices only so wanted to make sure and it played just fine and popped up message to put on 3D glasses. Also I have seen a lot of Vudu codes on eBay at may make this a cheaper deal however most offers are limited per account. Plus make sure your Vudu device supports 3D before buying by watching 2 minute preview first.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']There is apparently a 3-D version up at the DDDHouse website -- Korean import and Region A:

http://dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=12579[/QUOTE]

Did anyone order this yet? I am def looking to get it. Just making sure that it is infact region A - and the disc isnt crippled. Does this also come with a second "dvd or blu ray" standard 2-d copy?

I have never ordered a foreign blu ray before, so I am just being cautious. I love all movies involving sharks, (jaws, deep blue sea, open water ect). And I know this got poor reviews, but I still have good expectations.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I'd like to rent Shark Night...not buy.[/QUOTE]

FYI, COMCAST has it for Rent in the ON DEMAND for $6.99. I wonder if the Playstation Store will follow suit.

[quote name='exceed19']Did anyone order this yet? I am def looking to get it. Just making sure that it is infact region A - and the disc isnt crippled. Does this also come with a second "dvd or blu ray" standard 2-d copy?

I have never ordered a foreign blu ray before, so I am just being cautious. I love all movies involving sharks, (jaws, deep blue sea, open water ect). And I know this got poor reviews, but I still have good expectations.[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped today. I will report back when I get it.

[quote name='brernurse']Just did a search for 3D on Vudu and found some titles that are not listed under their 3D collection but are listed as being in 3D and I tried the 2 minute preview on one and it looked great. Here is what. Found please add if you find anything else.

Call of the Wild 3D - Purchase for $16.99 for HD or HDX or Rent $4.99 HD $5.99 for HDX
Sammy's Adventure - Purchase $21.99
Shark Night 3D - Purchase at $19.99 for HD or HDX
The Nutcracker 3D - Purchase for $16.99 for HD or HDX or Rent $4.99 HD $5.99 for HDX

So if your going to buy one obviously go with the HDX because it will adjust down if internet is to slow. The one I tested was Call of the Wild because it did not have the 3D Enabled Devices only so wanted to make sure and it played just fine and popped up message to put on 3D glasses. Also I have seen a lot of Vudu codes on eBay at may make this a cheaper deal however most offers are limited per account. Plus make sure your Vudu device supports 3D before buying by watching 2 minute preview first.[/QUOTE]

I think I have a VUDU credit....hopefully Shark Night turns to a rental.

[quote name='ecwfan']Mine just shipped today. I will report back when I get it.[/QUOTE]

I should be buying a region free 3D BD player soon, so if it doesnt work and you want to unload it just PM me.

[quote name='exceed19']do UK movies work in our ps3? (usa ps3's) ?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shark-Night-3D-Blu-ray/32196/

shark night 3d is out there. id rather have that slipcover than the thai one. Anyone know? it says region B.[/QUOTE]

Even if it's region free it may not play on the US PS3. The PS3 won't play anything that's 50Hz, and if there's PAL menus or trailers at the start, it may not play. There's a list of region free possible titles here (not sure if any 3D ones listed) http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b

[quote name='lukenot']Hollow - are you referring to Cysis on the PS3 off psn download?

I have and love Crysis 2 on the 360, but it's a pain to hook the 3D up that way, so I want to give Crysis 1 a shot.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Crysis is on sale this week for $10.50 on PSN if you have PS+, $15 w/o. Pretty sure it's normally $20. I grabbed it last night but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

[quote name='Zimmy']DirecTV is renting the 3D but no way I am paying $6.99 for that drek.[/QUOTE]

$7 is absurd for a rental even for a good film! :)

Are there any 3D rollercoaster blurays? When HD became available there was a show on Discovery with first person views of the top 10 coasters and it was terrific. I think a 3D version would be great!

[quote name='eebuckeye']Are there any 3D rollercoaster blurays? When HD became available there was a show on Discovery with first person views of the top 10 coasters and it was terrific. I think a 3D version would be great![/QUOTE]

There was a rollercoaster scene in Despicable Me. :)

[quote name='KyleN']$7 is absurd for a rental even for a good film! :)[/QUOTE]
Beats paying $20-30+ for a movie you'll only watch once.

[quote name='pythoncancer']Chronicle of Narnia 3D $19.96 ,Rio also $19.99 at walmart .Rio is all about depth so out of screen fans keep it in mind While making purchaee.Narnia has very limited 3D appeal with 16/35 score on 3dornot.
Glee 3D concert also available in same price

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17011771

Glee 3D
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Glee-The-...Standard-DVD-Digital-Copy-Widescreen/17656841[/QUOTE]

Glee is the same price at Target this week - I just picked up a copy yesterday evening.

[quote name='doubledown']FYI, COMCAST has it for Rent in the ON DEMAND for $6.99. I wonder if the Playstation Store will follow suit.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on Charter. . .at least in Atlanta.

It sucks that I might have to purchase a region free player to play some of the releases we are missing on. I would really rather own them, then have to either a) download, or b) purchase from another region because we are getting hosed.

3D producers + studios better wise up - in some cases this could lead to piracy BECAUSE we dont have it available. I am willing (and want) to spend the money, on things that we SHOULD have here. I hate to think in alternative ways, to obtain stupid 3d movies but really.. We are getting short changed.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Does walmart price match their own website?[/QUOTE]
I've tried before and they will not. Depends on who you get so YMMV, but it is in their policy that they do not price match their own website apparently.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Does walmart price match their own website?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if they do, but if they don't, I price matched the Walmart website to Best Buy no questions asked.

[quote name='exceed19']It sucks that I might have to purchase a region free player to play some of the releases we are missing on. I would really rather own them, then have to either a) download, or b) purchase from another region because we are getting hosed.

3D producers + studios better wise up - in some cases this could lead to piracy BECAUSE we dont have it available. I am willing (and want) to spend the money, on things that we SHOULD have here. I hate to think in alternative ways, to obtain stupid 3d movies but really.. We are getting short changed.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on a Region A release of Soloman Kaine.

Unless there's an announcement sometime soon, I'm guessing we're not going to see Up on Blu-ray 3D stateside until September 14th with Finding Nemo... which almost makes me want to pre-order from Mexico.

Otherwise I must agree with the piracy remark. I want to finally see this in 3D (as I missed it in theatres) and if I can find it online I'm going to download it, even though I've been consistently buying Disney and Pixar 3D releases (with the exceptions of the Zemeckis films and G-Force) and Up is one of the ones I want to own ASAP!

I'll probably buy it when it is released in the US, but I know there are a lot of people who won't because they will have already downloaded it months previously... not a good release schedule.

[quote name='anubis20']is there any place that has the lion king for under 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

buy.com did at one time. They still might.

[quote name='pjb16']buy.com did at one time. They still might.[/QUOTE]

not anymore now 35.99 :(

[quote name='dakidiznice']Great deal on kung fu panda! 14.99 after coupon[/QUOTE]

from where?

bread's done
Back