3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='exceed19']Not a real one. Its more of a PC thing.....[/QUOTE]

/sigh

It's MLK day, hardly "Not a real one"

Have some respect.

[quote name='dmdragon']/sigh

It's MLK day, hardly "Not a real one"

Have some respect.[/QUOTE]

I will not derail a 3d blu ray thread further - if you want to argue with me, do it through PM's but I will end with this :

King’s birthday should not be designated as a national holiday, because he does not deserve to be recognized over all of the others who shed blood, sweat and tears in the name of “black progress”. Deserving as much recognition as King are such people as the following:

-- The parents and grandparents of every black who is alive today.

-- The millions of captured black Africans who perished while being forcibly transported to the America’s.

-- The millions of enslaved blacks who died from the abuse they suffered in captivity.

-- The blacks who led revolts against slave owners and slave drivers.

-- The white abolitionists who called for the freedom and equality of blacks long before most other whites had given the matter much thought.

-- The whites who established and operated the Underground Railroad.

-- President Abraham Lincoln for supporting and signing the Emancipation Proclamation.

-- The thousands-upon-thousands of white Union soldiers who fought, got wounded, and died in the Civil War.

-- The Commonwealth of Canada for serving as a safe haven for escaped slaves.

MLK is no better or worse than your every day regular person, fighting for what they believe in. You can argue with me all you want, it just reinforces the point that your picking who is important to "you".

If anyone lives near a Fry's Electronics they have the following 3D Blu's for $18.99:

• Yogi Bear 3D
  • Final Destination 3D
  • Polar Express 3D
  • Clash of the Titans 3D
  • Cat's & Dog's: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D
  • Legend's of the Guardians: The Owl's of Ga'Hool

Whats the word on Transformers 3D . Is it same basic version without any extras? Or contain few? Anyone watched Hugo 3D in theater ? What was 3D like .As amazon has some pricebreak in it for pre order.

[quote name='pythoncancer']Whats the word on Transformers 3D . Is it same basic version without any extras? Or contain few? Anyone watched Hugo 3D in theater ? What was 3D like .As amazon has some pricebreak in it for pre order.[/QUOTE]The 3D release for Transformers is the full release with all the extras. Supposedly.

Hugo's 3D was amazing. Best 3D I've seen in a long while.

Does anyone know if the BlockBuster Rental version of Spy Kids 4 Blu Ray has the 3D feature or not? They don't stock many (any?) 3D movies, and their cover of it doesn't mention it anywhere... but I suppose there's still a chance.

[quote name='doubledown']so, any rumors on star wars 3d on bluray? Maybe release one by one.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well.
I'd imagine it'll be one by one considering they're staggering the theatrical releases at least one year apart from one another.

On a related note, I had no idea Star Wars: Episode I 3D was coming out this year until I saw it mentioned at the end of a Brisk Iced Tea commercial! :roll:

[quote name='Gameboy415']I'm curious about this as well.
I'd imagine it'll be one by one considering they're staggering the theatrical releases at least one year apart from one another.

On a related note, I had no idea Star Wars: Episode I 3D was coming out this year until I saw it mentioned at the end of a Brisk Iced Tea commercial! :roll:[/QUOTE]
They might not even make all of them in 3d. It all depends on how much money they make. Right now only Episode 1 is finished and they started working on Episode 2.

[quote name='anderson4145']They might not even make all of them in 3d. It all depends on how much money they make. Right now only Episode 1 is finished and they started working on Episode 2.[/QUOTE]

Can you actually see a Star Wars movie flopping? Not to mention it being 3D. They're going to make tons of money. There's no doubt that they'll release them all in 3D.

[quote name='Sk']just got it for 17.99 at Fry's. Its easily one of the best looking 3d movies I've seen. It shockingly blows avatar out of the water.[/QUOTE]

The closest Fry's to me is sadly like 5 hours away. Tax wouldn't have made it that much of a better deal anyways.

[quote name='xhonzi']Does anyone know if the BlockBuster Rental version of Spy Kids 4 Blu Ray has the 3D feature or not? They don't stock many (any?) 3D movies, and their cover of it doesn't mention it anywhere... but I suppose there's still a chance.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any experience with that particular disc... but I can confidently tell you that no, it doesn't have the 3D version.

Blockbuster rental Blu-rays (when different from the retail versions) are generally movie-only, so a feature like the 3D version on a rental Blu-ray is quite a stretch. The fact that they also don't have any other 3D Blu-rays and haven't announced any such development makes me supremely confident that this disc is no different.

I hope this helps!

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Not really. I already speculated that it didn't have the 3D feature. I was asking if anyone knew.

But thanks anyways.

[quote name='dmdragon']I wish i had gotten Legend of the Guardians... but I missed it and it's dead now :([/QUOTE]

You can still order online for in-store pick up at the sale price of $18.99 at Frys.com

Blind buy for me but the Amazon Trade In Value is $19.25. If anything it's a $2.00 rental;)

If I am interested in purchasing a 3D television, what would be recommended? Still kinda wondering about whether this 3D stuff is healthy for human brain, eye, and perception but kind of want to give this new "hype" a try. Any help is appreciated

[quote name='Blizzard Bear']If I am interested in purchasing a 3D television, what would be recommended? Still kinda wondering about whether this 3D stuff is healthy for human brain, eye, and perception but kind of want to give this new "hype" a try. Any help is appreciated[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest looking at a number of them to see which appeals to you visually and price wise. I personally am loving my passive LG 47LW5600.

^^^ I disagree with the passive tech. If you want the best picture, you do have to go see them in person, but I recommend the active shutter systems by far.

Passive gives you the "cheap" glasses that they hand out at the Real3d movies (in the theaters). These glasses are worth next to nothing, and is really entry level consumer 3d tech right now.

You want active shutter glasses, if you want to build a quality home theater/gaming setup. You will not find many "high end" 3d tv's that are pushing passive tech. More of the higher end, is active.

I own one of each, a flagship 55 sony, and a lower level LG. the 55" sony, is my "real" home theater.

That being said, be prepared to shell out money for the active glasses. Your tv will come with 2 pair usually, so if you need more, your best bet is to wait for a deal on them by checking slickdeals or something.

The passive glasses, are DIRT CHEAP. But as always - you get what you pay for.

I agree. Passive sucks. We bought a 3D TV before we saw 3D in theaters, and both of us were like, 3D sucks in theatres. Saw part of the same movie on our TV, and it was great.

Also, we tried different brands in stores, and the only ones that looked right to her were Sony glasses on Bravia TVs, and they looked the sharpest to me as well.

This was about 9 months ago, so I don't know about the TVs out, as I'm very happy with mine.

I can't tell about the 3D in theaters, but I have a 55" Sony, and as others have said it's amazing. Any 3D you get from Samsung, Sony, or Panasonic are gonna be a safe bet. Some like the 3D on LG tv's but active is much, much better IMHO.

Oh, one thing to add. I think Sony cut their contract to have Samsung make their LCDs, so I don't know if future Sony TVs will be as good. Just keep that in mind if you buy a TV this holiday season instead of now ~ March.

[quote name='elessar123']Oh, one thing to add. I think Sony cut their contract to have Samsung make their LCDs, so I don't know if future Sony TVs will be as good. Just keep that in mind if you buy a TV this holiday season instead of now ~ March.[/QUOTE]

Sony does charge a bit more for their stuff, but if they do one thing right, it's TVs. I owned a 32" Sony tv throughout college and it was amazing, I would have put it up against the Samsung plasma I had at home. Then I got a 46" LED Samsung on graduating, and it was a great tv on its own, but when I got my 55" HX800, man...it's just a fantastic tv, PQ wise.

I couldn't disagree more with the "passive 3d sucks" crowd. Owning both an active Sammy 3d and a passive LG 3d LED I can confidently state passive is preferred hands down for most practical viewing. There are also surveys regarding this but don't take me word for it- do your own research.

On paper, and just trying them in a retail store, active sounds and looks like it should win. It's when you spend any amount of time with both of them at normal viewing distances and for a movie length (or more) duration of time that passive really surpasses active. I've swapped my expensive sammy- that I bought for our den- with the cheaper LG 55w5600 we bought for the playroom.

I admit I was originally in the same camp, saying passive sucks (I can even provide links on CAG where I crap on passive technology before buying it and spending significant time comparing them).

In store (Standing about 3-4 feet from the TV I now own) I saw "screen dooring" and comparing 5 -15 minutes sampling it vs active it seemed weaker (with reduced resolution and more artifacts). It all changes when you are sitting 8ft+ from either in a noramlly lit home. Also, I , and most people I know, can't stand watching active 3D for much more than a hour. Passive, on the other hand, I can watch all day long (day or night)- so for family movie night, sports . . .etc. passive trumps active every time.

If you have a kid it's a no brainer, polarized 3D glass you pick-up for $3 off amazon vs $50+ active models? Which would you rather replace? Most of the quality 3D content I have also consists of kid's movies (disney/pixar/dreamworks) to boot so I can't justify buying multiple sets of expensive uncomfortable glasses that I don't wat to wear to begin with.

Lastly is viewing habits. It you're a solo movie watcher with a small place, dedicated blacked out viewing room, passive is probably more your bag.

The main complaint I've seen with passive is "Screen dooring" and jaggies, both of which disappear for me at about the 5 foot mark when viewing near center and completely, even at the more extreme angles, at about 7ft.

If you have 3-4 (or more) people watching 3d movies at a time, watch mostly movies & sports and you have a larger viewing room with windows (say 7ft+ from the TV to your sweet spot) then go passive with out a doubt.

Also, if crosstalk and dimmer picture quality drives you crazy I recommend just avoid active altogether as both are much worse with active 3D. I have to work to try and force crosstalk to display on my passive where I have to work to avoid it when viewing active 3D.

PC Mag did a solid article last April going over the pros and cons of each:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/225218/active_3d_vs_passive_3d.html

Here's CNETs breakdown that prefers active for "critical viewing" in ideal conditions [READ: well darkened rooms in the sweet spot] for an alternative pro active take:
http://reviews.cnet.com/2735-7608_7-1278-3.html

Another from CNET, but this one summarizes the general preferences survey (you've probably read about this survey for passive vs active if you've been researching a new TV).:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20102018-1/study-finds-passive-3d-tvs-superior-to-active/

FWIW: I've shown full length movies to multiple people on both types of TVs and none have preferred the active shutter glasses for home viewing.

TLDR; Make sure your TV works with your viewing room and 3D viewing habits.

[quote name='coopscohen']You can still order online for in-store pick up at the sale price of $18.99 at Frys.com

Blind buy for me but the Amazon Trade In Value is $19.25. If anything it's a $2.00 rental;)[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Amazon trade in price for SEALED blu-rays now? It's different than Video Games....quite odd.

[quote name='doubledown']Isn't the Amazon trade in price for SEALED blu-rays now? It's different than Video Games....quite odd.[/QUOTE]There are three trade-in types with movies now, happened right at the beginning of the year.

Like New and Good are how they used to be, though there's a third one, which is New. New is shrinkwrapped/sealed, and the TIVs you used to see on Like New are the TIVs on New.

That $19.25 TIV is only for a New version. Like New is $18.40, Good is $16.65.

[quote name='pjb16']8ft+ seems a little far proper viewing distance of a 55" screen.[/QUOTE]

8 ft viewing distance for a 55" TV (not a projector) is on the closer end of every suggested viewing distance chart I've seen, save one. (Unless, I've read them wrong.) Granted, when I game on it I move my personal chair to about 6ft, but only when playing multiplayer FPSs- so I can easily ID enemies at a distance.

Picked up Lion King and Kung Fu Panda last week with the trade in coupon. BTW I can calmly watch a 2 hour 3d movie just fine. But I cant play more then 45 mins to and hour of a 3D games. It irritates the crap out of my eyes.

[quote name='anubis20']Picked up Lion King and Kung Fu Panda last week with the trade in coupon. BTW I can calmly watch a 2 hour 3d movie just fine. But I cant play more then 45 mins to and hour of a 3D games. It irritates the crap out of my eyes.[/QUOTE]
I had the same problem with video games but if you turn down the 3D strength it seems to help.

[quote name='anubis20']Picked up Lion King and Kung Fu Panda last week with the trade in coupon. BTW I can calmly watch a 2 hour 3d movie just fine. But I cant play more then 45 mins to and hour of a 3D games. It irritates the crap out of my eyes.[/QUOTE]

I only had a problem playing the 1st few days, but now i can go for however long I would in 2D.

Did anyone get Shark night 3d yet from outside of the USA yet? I know a few of you guys said you were going to order it... I would still like to know if it works on our PS3's.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I couldn't disagree more with the "passive 3d sucks" crowd. Owning both an active Sammy 3d and a passive LG 3d LED I can confidently state passive is preferred hands down for most practical viewing. There are also surveys regarding this but don't take me word for it- do your own research.

On paper, and just trying them in a retail store, active sounds and looks like it should win. It's when you spend any amount of time with both of them at normal viewing distances and for a movie length (or more) duration of time that passive really surpasses active. I've swapped my expensive sammy- that I bought for our den- with the cheaper LG 55w5600 we bought for the playroom.

I admit I was originally in the same camp, saying passive sucks (I can even provide links on CAG where I crap on passive technology before buying it and spending significant time comparing them).

In store (Standing about 3-4 feet from the TV I now own) I saw "screen dooring" and comparing 5 -15 minutes sampling it vs active it seemed weaker (with reduced resolution and more artifacts). It all changes when you are sitting 8ft+ from either in a noramlly lit home. Also, I , and most people I know, can't stand watching active 3D for much more than a hour. Passive, on the other hand, I can watch all day long (day or night)- so for family movie night, sports . . .etc. passive trumps active every time.

If you have a kid it's a no brainer, polarized 3D glass you pick-up for $3 off amazon vs $50+ active models? Which would you rather replace? Most of the quality 3D content I have also consists of kid's movies (disney/pixar/dreamworks) to boot so I can't justify buying multiple sets of expensive uncomfortable glasses that I don't wat to wear to begin with.

Lastly is viewing habits. It you're a solo movie watcher with a small place, dedicated blacked out viewing room, passive is probably more your bag.

The main complaint I've seen with passive is "Screen dooring" and jaggies, both of which disappear for me at about the 5 foot mark when viewing near center and completely, even at the more extreme angles, at about 7ft.

If you have 3-4 (or more) people watching 3d movies at a time, watch mostly movies & sports and you have a larger viewing room with windows (say 7ft+ from the TV to your sweet spot) then go passive with out a doubt.

Also, if crosstalk and dimmer picture quality drives you crazy I recommend just avoid active altogether as both are much worse with active 3D. I have to work to try and force crosstalk to display on my passive where I have to work to avoid it when viewing active 3D.

PC Mag did a solid article last April going over the pros and cons of each:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/225218/active_3d_vs_passive_3d.html

Here's CNETs breakdown that prefers active for "critical viewing" in ideal conditions [READ: well darkened rooms in the sweet spot] for an alternative pro active take:
http://reviews.cnet.com/2735-7608_7-1278-3.html

Another from CNET, but this one summarizes the general preferences survey (you've probably read about this survey for passive vs active if you've been researching a new TV).:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20102018-1/study-finds-passive-3d-tvs-superior-to-active/

FWIW: I've shown full length movies to multiple people on both types of TVs and none have preferred the active shutter glasses for home viewing.

TLDR; Make sure your TV works with your viewing room and 3D viewing habits.[/QUOTE]

I second everything in this very detailed statement. I researched long and hard and tried out many different televisions and technologies. I was moving up from a 50" Panasonic Plasma top of the line set from 2 years ago and was a little leary moving to an LED since I play games quite a bit. Once I got over those worries it was down to passive or active.

There's generally five or six people at my house when watching a 3D movie so glasses were a bit of a concern but by no means a deal breaker. Active was just so much darker and while I didn't notice the flicker that much, my wife was bothered by it after just a few minutes. Whereas with passive we can sit and watch back to back 3D movies with no issues.

I settled on the Vizio 65" and for the past five months have been nothing but completely satisfied. We now own about 10 pairs of glasses on top of the 4 the set came with and as long as they're taken care of the build of the glasses will never be an issue. We're going to Beauty & the Beast 3D in the theatre this week and will get another 3 pairs. With our seating we are all around 10 feet away from the screen which is great. I experimented with 8 feet and 12 feet and just went for the middle.

Unless you're so inclined to wait 5+ years until there is glasses free 3D, I'd definitely say passive 3D is hands down the way to go. As with anything it's up to each their own and I could imagine if you're going under 50" and sitting up close as if it's a computer monitor then active may be for you.

[quote name='Britshady']I second everything in this very detailed statement. I researched long and hard and tried out many different televisions and technologies. I was moving up from a 50" Panasonic Plasma top of the line set from 2 years ago and was a little leary moving to an LED since I play games quite a bit. Once I got over those worries it was down to passive or active.

There's generally five or six people at my house when watching a 3D movie so glasses were a bit of a concern but by no means a deal breaker. Active was just so much darker and while I didn't notice the flicker that much, my wife was bothered by it after just a few minutes. Whereas with passive we can sit and watch back to back 3D movies with no issues.

I settled on the Vizio 65" and for the past five months have been nothing but completely satisfied. We now own about 10 pairs of glasses on top of the 4 the set came with and as long as they're taken care of the build of the glasses will never be an issue. We're going to Beauty & the Beast 3D in the theatre this week and will get another 3 pairs. With our seating we are all around 10 feet away from the screen which is great. I experimented with 8 feet and 12 feet and just went for the middle.

Unless you're so inclined to wait 5+ years until there is glasses free 3D, I'd definitely say passive 3D is hands down the way to go. As with anything it's up to each their own and I could imagine if you're going under 50" and sitting up close as if it's a computer monitor then active may be for you.[/QUOTE]

word. I love my passive tv. Its very easy on the eyes. When wearing the glasses and watching 3d is very natural feeling, its just like watching normal tv. I personally recommend people try out several different types of displays to find what they like best. You may like one type of display over an other based on how your eyes work.

[quote name='shrike4242']There are three trade-in types with movies now, happened right at the beginning of the year.

Like New and Good are how they used to be, though there's a third one, which is New. New is shrinkwrapped/sealed, and the TIVs you used to see on Like New are the TIVs on New.

That $19.25 TIV is only for a New version. Like New is $18.40, Good is $16.65.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. $0.65 isn't much but that definitely would have sucked to have it rejected and then have to send it back again with the Like New Condition selected.

I personally have no problem with my active Samsung as far as the 3D goes. The 3050 glasses suck though as they are uncomfortable.

I just wish the humming my tv has wasn't so loud. Still need to have an electrian stop by the house to make sure my tv gets adequate power before getting the power supply and a and b boards replaced.

I regret not buying HP 7 1&2 when they were $15 each. Didn't know they were going to stop selling them. Wound up paying $65 for both. :'(

[quote name='lmz00']I regret not buying HP 7 1&2 when they were $15 each. Didn't know they were going to stop selling them. Wound up paying $65 for both. :'([/QUOTE]

That sucks. You could have gotten them a little cheaper at Amazon UK. It would have come to $51 shipped

[quote name='Sk']Thanks, I ordered a copy. I heard this move had a lot of pop out effects.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see pop-out effects on Amber Heard, amirite?

Edit: Ordered. I actually just went to Fry's to buy this before realizing it was only the price for SJ.

Drive angry has no popups.i watched it in theater and was quite disappointed same can be said for Tron .
Don't miss "Harold and Kumar 3D christmas" Full of pop ups and true value for so called gimicke 3D

[quote name='dakidiznice']any feedback on conan? It is 19.99 at best buy or 15 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

So so movie with so so 3D effects. If you have the option of renting through your cable or sateliite provider, go that route. If you are into collecting, it may be worth having just to say you have it, but I was really disappointed. Your coupon may be better used on another title.

[quote name='pythoncancer']Drive angry has no popups.i watched it in theater and was quite disappointed same can be said for Tron .
Don't miss "Harold and Kumar 3D christmas" Full of pop ups and true value for so called gimicke 3D[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Drive Angry is one of the few movies that has things flying at the screen on a regular basis. The only other movies that can keep up are My Bloody Valentine, Step Up 3D and Resident Evil Afterlife and the Final Destination movies (4 more than 5).

bread's done
Back