3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stryffe2004']So so movie with so so 3D effects. If you have the option of renting through your cable or sateliite provider, go that route. If you are into collecting, it may be worth having just to say you have it, but I was really disappointed. Your coupon may be better used on another title.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Stryffe. I will pass. Wasnt expecting a great movie, but thought it may have some redeeming qualities for 15 bucks

^^ yes, pass on Conan. Watch it through redbox however, for $1.50 for the blu ray. Its worth a watch, just not worth a 3d purchase. It was not gritty enough. The old conan would kick the new conans ass.

Anyone watch 3D on VUDU on the PS3? I was thinking of renting a movie on there to use my credit, but I was curious if it was worth it to pay the extra $1 for HDX?

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone watch 3D on VUDU on the PS3? I was thinking of renting a movie on there to use my credit, but I was curious if it was worth it to pay the extra $1 for HDX?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I watched Priest and the 3D was terrible, but you can watch lots of 3d trailers and it looks good on movies that have good 3D. I would also suggest paying the exyra $1 for HDX.

[quote name='exceed19']Did anyone get Shark night 3d yet from outside of the USA yet? I know a few of you guys said you were going to order it... I would still like to know if it works on our PS3's.[/QUOTE]

I got it and it works fine on my US PS3. It has both 2D and 3D versions on the same disc.

[quote name='Ace!']its a secret :)

guess I will say Half SBS.[/QUOTE]

No idea what Half SBS is, but if I didn't already own over half of those I would be so in.

[quote name='dmdragon']No idea what Half SBS is, but if I didn't already own over half of those I would be so in.[/QUOTE]
I would think that:
Half of SBS = 2D

Half sbs typically refers to how a 3d movie is on a digital copy there is half sbs, (side by side), half tb3d (top and bottom), and F3DHD, (full screen single image 3D), most 3dtvs the on the market allow for these differences because it used to be a work around for certain films and xbox 360 games to be viewed in 3d. Those abbreviations are slightly variant depending on who you talk to but not enough to be ununderstandable.

[quote name='anderson4145']Yeah I watched Priest and the 3D was terrible, but you can watch lots of 3d trailers and it looks good on movies that have good 3D. I would also suggest paying the exyra $1 for HDX.[/QUOTE]

Vudu 3D is horrible on the PS3. It is limited to 720p.

Looks much nicer on my Smart TV.

But I haven't seen a single 3D trailer, are you talking about the 2 minute previews?

[quote name='Zimmy']Vudu 3D is horrible on the PS3. It is limited to 720p.

But I haven't seen a single 3D trailer, are you talking about the 2 minute previews?[/QUOTE]
There is the 2 minute previews and trailers. The alice in wonderland trailer looked good.

[quote name='Zimmy']Vudu 3D is horrible on the PS3. It is limited to 720p.

But I haven't seen a single 3D trailer, are you talking about the 2 minute previews?[/QUOTE]

so the hdx is pointless then on a ps3?

[quote name='ecwfan']That version is region locked and will not work unless you have a region free Blu-ray player. You need to purchase the Hong Kong version.[/QUOTE]

holy shit, it's 41 dollars from Yesasia... I don't want it that bad lol.

Thanks though. I wonder if they will ever release it here, would stupid of them not to.

[quote name='doubledown']so the hdx is pointless then on a ps3?[/QUOTE]

Vudu HDX is 1080p.

Are you sure it's limited to 720p for a 3D Film? (Never rented one before)

I read somewhere from a Vudu Tech guy that the PS3 considers the Vudu app as a game. In that case, all 3d on the PS3, in games, is locked to no higher than 720p.

This is probably why the quality sucks on the PS3 app for 3D yet others love it on their smart tv's and blu ray player apps that do not have this limit.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I read that too and yet I have games like Crysis 2 and Uncharted 3 displaying at 1080p in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that isn't true. UC3 doesn't have 1080P 3D from what I'm reading. I believe the native resolution for the game itself is 720P in fact. It's possible that your receiver or something else is upscaling it to say it's 1080P.

Well, I suppose I cna try the HD version of Shark Night 3D on VUDU PS3 since HDX seems pointless to me and the fact that I have a $5.99 credit currently, so why spend money :)

Walmart's ad for 1/29-2/4 has the 3D blu-rays for Captain America, Thor, and Transformers Dark of the Moon (avail. 1/31) listed for $29.96.

What's that a whole $5 off maybe? I'd rather see a little better of a deal....My Walmart doesn't carry any 3D blu-rays in store anyways....they had Smurfs 3D, but that seems to be gone now :(

Like regular Blu-ray movies, it depends on the region. UP 3D from the UK for example won't as it's Region B (the PS3, if bought in the US is Region A).

[quote name='starmask2k3']Thanks

Also can all UK 3D movies play in a USA ps3[/QUOTE]

No as was just said above, but movies from these regions

most North, Central and South American
Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan)
Japan
Hong Kong
Macau
Korea

Should all work as they are all region A which is our region in the US

This site is a great list of what is and isn't region free

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

And Disney said that they will have almost all of their movies at 3d at one point so UP will likely be here soon enough.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty sure that isn't true. UC3 doesn't have 1080P 3D from what I'm reading. I believe the native resolution for the game itself is 720P in fact. It's possible that your receiver or something else is upscaling it to say it's 1080P.[/QUOTE]

you are correct. In fact only a hand full of ps3 games run at true 1080p. I can only think of mgs4 and gt5. Most games get upscaled to 1080p/I or at a 1080ish resolution. The only game that still looks like a ps3 game in 3d mode is the newest batman game. Aside for a few jaggies and a slightly smaller drawing distance the game looks the same. It truly looks like what a next gen 3d game will look like. Every character and building is rendered in 3d. Honestly its better then every 3d Sony first party game I've played and I own them all.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Like regular Blu-ray movies, it depends on the region. UP 3D from the UK for example won't as it's Region B (the PS3, if bought in the US is Region A).[/QUOTE]
That's not necessarily true, as I have blu-rays from UK, France, Germany, etc that play just fine in my Region A players.

And UP 3d (at least the one from amazon.uk) is supposedly region free based on some comments at the AVS forums.

[quote name='Sk']you are correct. In fact only a hand full of ps3 games run at true 1080p. I can only think of mgs4 and gt5. Most games get upscaled to 1080p/I or at a 1080ish resolution. The only game that still looks like a ps3 game in 3d mode is the newest batman game. Aside for a few jaggies and a slightly smaller drawing distance the game looks the same. It truly looks like what a next gen 3d game will look like. Every character and building is rendered in 3d. Honestly its better then every 3d Sony first party game I've played and I own them all.[/QUOTE]
In my case, the PS3 menus are in 1080p, but with most games I have, even if the box says it does 1080p, my TV will switch to 720p once the game boots up.

[quote name='pjb16']That's not necessarily true, as I have blu-rays from UK, France, Germany, etc that play just fine in my Region A players.

And UP 3d (at least the one from amazon.uk) is supposedly region free based on some comments at the AVS forums.[/QUOTE]

What isn't necessarily true? You bolded me saying UP 3D is Region B. I never said that no Blus from the UK/EU don't work here did I? There are region free Blus sold at Amazon UK. Are you talking about Region B blus working on the PS3? If so, can you give me examples of confirmed Region B blus that work on our Region A players (of course assuming it isn't a region free/region code hacked player).

If UP 3D is indeed region free then that's wonderful news

[quote name='lmz00']In my case, the PS3 menus are in 1080p, but with most games I have, even if the box says it does 1080p, my TV will switch to 720p once the game boots up.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty normal. I had similar issues with my 1080 p DLP TV. I'm not sure why most games say 1080p and then run on 720p, imagine it has something to do with the HDMI "hand shake" the tv an the ps3 are doing. My old 720p sharp set would sometimes run at 1080i why I have no clue. I haven't had many issues with my new LG Passive 3d tv, in fact when setting up the TV the PS3 asked me all sorts of strange questions about my TV, its size, and various other AV questions. I haven't seen that before, I bet it's an HDMI 1.4 thing.

[quote name='ssjmichael']What isn't necessarily true? You bolded me saying UP 3D is Region B. I never said that no Blus from the UK/EU don't work here did I? There are region free Blus sold at Amazon UK. Are you talking about Region B blus working on the PS3? If so, can you give me examples of confirmed Region B blus that work on our Region A players (of course assuming it isn't a region free/region code hacked player).

If UP 3D is indeed region free then that's wonderful news[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure UP 3D is labeled as Region B, and it will work in your PS3.

I know the french version of Transporter 2 plays in my PS3 despite being labeled region B on the case. I also know Red Cliff from the UK plays on my ps3 despite saying Region B on the case.

Someone had a link earlier, but google can link you to sites that tell you if discs from other regions play in region A players or not. That's why I said you saying UP wouldn't work because it's region B isn't necessarily true. They don't all get labeled as region free.

What's the best site for this info for movies that are out and the one's that are coming out

[quote name='starmask2k3']What's the best site for this info for movies that are out and the one's that are coming out[/QUOTE]
blu-ray.com (everything), bluray-disc.de (steelbook), digitalbits.com (dvd/blu-ray/tv reviews), dvdtalk.com (dvd reviews) & hidefdigest.com (blu-ray/hd-dvd reviews)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty sure that isn't true. UC3 doesn't have 1080P 3D from what I'm reading. I believe the native resolution for the game itself is 720P in fact. It's possible that your receiver or something else is upscaling it to say it's 1080P.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know, I think you're right. I went back and "tested" just about everything I had in 3D on the PS3, Uncharted 3, Crysis, Killzone 3, and everything is in 720p until I turn 3D on and then it switches to 1080p on my DLP. So I tried Black Ops on my 360, changed the output to 720p in the dash, ran the game switched to 3D and it also switches to 1080p. The only things I can think of is either they never displayed at 720p and maybe it has something to do with the Mitsu 3D (3DA-1) adapter (the conversion to checkerboard) or something changed when I did a firmware update.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Yeah I don't know, I think you're right. I went back and "tested" just about everything I had in 3D on the PS3, Uncharted 3, Crysis, Killzone 3, and everything is in 720p until I turn 3D on and then it switches to 1080p on my DLP. So I tried Black Ops on my 360, changed the output to 720p in the dash, ran the game switched to 3D and it also switches to 1080p. The only things I can think of is either they never displayed at 720p and maybe it has something to do with the Mitsu 3D (3DA-1) adapter (the conversion to checkerboard) or something changed when I did a firmware update.[/QUOTE]

The Mitsubishi's I'm pretty sure can only play back 3D at 1080p. I have 2 Mits DLPs (one of which needs the 3DA-1 adapter) and I seem to recall reading that it can only playback 3D at that resolution.

[quote name='pjb16']I'm pretty sure UP 3D is labeled as Region B, and it will work in your PS3.

I know the french version of Transporter 2 plays in my PS3 despite being labeled region B on the case. I also know Red Cliff from the UK plays on my ps3 despite saying Region B on the case.

Someone had a link earlier, but google can link you to sites that tell you if discs from other regions play in region A players or not. That's why I said you saying UP wouldn't work because it's region B isn't necessarily true. They don't all get labeled as region free.[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm quite certain Up is clearly labeled ABC... in any case, it's been confirmed region-free. The 3D disc works, but the other discs are apparently region-locked... go figure!

bread's done
Back