3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought I'd be joining this thread, but here I am with a new Panasonic plasma 3D set. I can't seem to find much information on 3D eyewear, however, even on Panasonic's own site! Any chance the OP could be updated to include info on 3D eyewear? Or can someone point me to another site with more info/reviews?

I'd love to know more about brand compatibility, universal alternatives, common prices, availability, etc. I've gleaned some info after browsing the entirety of this thread, but could use more concrete info in a centralized place.

[quote name='rapsodist']I never thought I'd be joining this thread, but here I am with a new Panasonic plasma 3D set. I can't seem to find much information on 3D eyewear, however, even on Panasonic's own site! Any chance the OP could be updated to include info on 3D eyewear? Or can someone point me to another site with more info/reviews?

I'd love to know more about brand compatibility, universal alternatives, common prices, availability, etc. I've gleaned some info after browsing the entirety of this thread, but could use more concrete info in a centralized place.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Super pumped, got my copy of Transformers 3 in 3d. This is only the second 3d movie I own. :([/QUOTE]

I've gotten addicted to buying 3D blu's, and I don't know why :/

[quote name='plus1zero']I've gotten addicted to buying 3D blu's, and I don't know why :/[/QUOTE]

It'll die down after a while. I had the same feeling last year during thanksgiving and Christmas.

[quote name='Ed_']It'll die down after a while. I had the same feeling last year during thanksgiving and Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I have exactly 20 and I don't even own a 3d tv yet lol

I just finished Portal 2 and Dead Space and the whole time I'm playing them I'm wishing they were in 3D. Everything from the euphoria inducing free falling/portal jumping of Portal to the hovering holographic menus and laser sights of Dead Space would look great in 3D. So I'm seriously considering making a 3Dhtpc, since obviously none of these games are going to be patched in 3D anytime soon. Does anyone know of a 3D gaming discussion thread on CAG? I've tried a few searches but "3D" is too short to search for, I just hate clogging up the 3d blu deal thread with my incessant 3D gaming babble. :lol:

[quote name='Ed_']It'll die down after a while. I had the same feeling last year during thanksgiving and Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I'm too cheap or I'd own more, trust me.

I'm stopping by BB on my way home to pick up Harold and Kumar 3-D, it should be a fun 3-D movie to watch just for the effects, got good review on Blu-ray.com for both the movie and the 3-D. I have Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D coming from Amazon, and I just pre-ordered Hugo 3-D from Amazon, since it was in my Gold Box. Those three will take me to 57 3-D Blu-rays. I bought my 3-D TV about 15 months ago, and added a 3-D projector in November. My 3-D buying habits haven't slowed down at all to this point. Which isn't a good thing, at least for my bank account...

[quote name='dmdragon']I have exactly 20 and I don't even own a 3d tv yet lol[/QUOTE]

You need 3D anonymous :lol: now, are any of those double dips? (As in you already owned the "normal" blu-ray version but decided to get the 3D version when it came out like the Toy Story movies).

[quote name='Ed_']You need 3D anonymous :lol: now, are any of those double dips? (As in you already owned the "normal" blu-ray version but decided to get the 3D version when it came out like the Toy Story movies).[/QUOTE]

Just 1 which is RE Afterlife. I knew I was getting a 3d tv someday so I've been buying the 3d versions of movies when they come out if they are less than 10 more so i won't have to double dip later.

I know no one asked me, but I've only double dipped for Disney: the Toy Story trilogy (sold the originals and bought the individual sets) and BatB (same thing).

I *almost* bought Dawn Treader in 2D, but I knew it was going to be released eventually... and thankfully it didn't take long at all.

Otherwise I'm DEFINITELY going to double dip for Star Wars and the remaining non-3D Pixar films (why isn't Up in the US yet!?)... and I'll definitely do it if the LotR trilogy gets converted to match up with The Hobbit (which would be quite the undertaking... to do it right, anyway), but that's about it.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I just finished Portal 2 and Dead Space and the whole time I'm playing them I'm wishing they were in 3D. Everything from the euphoria inducing free falling/portal jumping of Portal to the hovering holographic menus and laser sights of Dead Space would look great in 3D. So I'm seriously considering making a 3Dhtpc, since obviously none of these games are going to be patched in 3D anytime soon. Does anyone know of a 3D gaming discussion thread on CAG? I've tried a few searches but "3D" is too short to search for, I just hate clogging up the 3d blu deal thread with my incessant 3D gaming babble. :lol:[/QUOTE]
3D would have been awesome, but Portal really lost points in my book for not being Move compatible. Having the wand change color based on the gun color would have been a nice touch.

[quote name='nbballard']3D would have been awesome, but Portal really lost points in my book for not being Move compatible. Having the wand change color based on the gun color would have been a nice touch.[/QUOTE]

Totally, I had that same exact idea in my mind before the game came out. Seems like a missed opportunity for sure. It's too bad the PS3 doesn't have a modding community like PC's do, someone would have surely created something like that by now

I was watching the trailer for Bioshock: Infinite and it got me thinking that would be an excellent game in 3D, so I googled it apparently Sony announced that it's going to be in 3D and have Move support, that'll be a day one purchase.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Does anyone know of a 3D gaming discussion thread on CAG? I've tried a few searches but "3D" is too short to search for, I just hate clogging up the 3d blu deal thread with my incessant 3D gaming babble. :lol:[/QUOTE]

mtbs3d.com is probably the best place for you. It's a whole site with information on that.

Personally I'm torn on the issue. There are 1000 more 3D games on PC than console... right now. I just bought Deus Ex which I'd really like to play in 3D, etc... but I don't know if I really want to drop $800 on a 3D gaming PC, when a lot of the rest of the 360 and PS3 games will be in 3D and probably their next consoles will support 3D for a majority of titles.

[quote name='hollowfreak']So I'm seriously considering making a 3Dhtpc, since obviously none of these games are going to be patched in 3D anytime soon. Does anyone know of a 3D gaming discussion thread on CAG? I've tried a few searches but "3D" is too short to search for, I just hate clogging up the 3d blu deal thread with my incessant 3D gaming babble. :lol:[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264625

It's been dead for a while, but with the seemingly recent drop in TV prices, it may liven up again if people know it's out there. (I just got a new 3D tv to replace my pseudo 3D set I was using).

Does anyone know which passive 3D tv is a good deal or better than another? Does anyone on here have one? I tried searching several times but I can't really seem to find much information. I am tired of dealing with the stupid (and expensive active glasses) so I am thinking of going to a passive 3D tv. The prices for a TV on Amazon seem to be all over the place and I can't even seem to find passive tvs on bestbuy.com. Thanks for any help anyone provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='noone13']Does anyone know which passive 3D tv is a good deal or better than another? Does anyone on here have one?[/QUOTE]

I only looked at the LG & Vizio ones, ended up going with the LG 47LW6500. I really like the 3D on it, and it has a bunch of Smart TV and streaming apps. The only picture complaint I have is that sometimes the side lighting is a bit distracting on black/dark scenes. But this may also be that I don't have the settings adjusted properly (you may be able to turn this off). I couldn't find either in the store to try, so just took a leap of faith when I ordered from Amazon.

[quote name='KyleN']I only looked at the LG & Vizio ones, ended up going with the LG 47LW6500. I really like the 3D on it, and it has a bunch of Smart TV and streaming apps. The only picture complaint I have is that sometimes the side lighting is a bit distracting on black/dark scenes. But this may also be that I don't have the settings adjusted properly (you may be able to turn this off). I couldn't find either in the store to try, so just took a leap of faith when I ordered from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting a step down from that model, the 55LW5600 in a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the contrast ratio and 240hz. Question though... does it have wifi built in or do you need to buy a wifi dongle?

[quote name='opterasis']I'll be getting a step down from that model, the 55LW5600 in a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the contrast ratio and 240hz. Question though... does it have wifi built in or do you need to buy a wifi dongle?[/QUOTE]
The 55 LW 5600 includes the wifi dongle, it's not built-in but comes with the dongle in the package (at least mine did). The smart TV apps work great with the magic motion control BTW.

[quote name='opterasis']I'll be getting a step down from that model, the 55LW5600 in a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the only difference is the contrast ratio and 240hz. Question though... does it have wifi built in or do you need to buy a wifi dongle?[/QUOTE]

Mine came with this flash drive looking WiFi adapter, but since I used wired I never tried it/can't speak of the performance.
I waffled between the 47LW5600/47LW6500. Didn't know what the difference in contrast ratios and the 120 vs 240 would look like, but at the time, the prices were really close, so just went with the 6500.

[quote name='xhonzi']mtbs3d.com is probably the best place for you. It's a whole site with information on that.

Personally I'm torn on the issue. There are 1000 more 3D games on PC than console... right now. I just bought Deus Ex which I'd really like to play in 3D, etc... but I don't know if I really want to drop $800 on a 3D gaming PC, when a lot of the rest of the 360 and PS3 games will be in 3D and probably their next consoles will support 3D for a majority of titles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll check the site out. Yeah I know the feeling, looking into it. I'll have to buy Win 7 and either Nvidia 3Dtv Play, $40, or the 3D Vision Glasses Kit ... just for the emitter, $100, just to be able to "use" Nvidia's 3D drivers. Lame.

[quote name='nbballard']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264625

It's been dead for a while, but with the seemingly recent drop in TV prices, it may liven up again if people know it's out there. (I just got a new 3D tv to replace my pseudo 3D set I was using).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll start posting some stuff in there and see how it's goes. :lol:

[quote name='KyleN']I only looked at the LG & Vizio ones, ended up going with the LG 47LW6500. I really like the 3D on it, and it has a bunch of Smart TV and streaming apps. The only picture complaint I have is that sometimes the side lighting is a bit distracting on black/dark scenes. But this may also be that I don't have the settings adjusted properly (you may be able to turn this off). I couldn't find either in the store to try, so just took a leap of faith when I ordered from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I've got the 42LW5300 LG. It's not a smart tv, but the picture in both 2D and 3D looks fantastic. The best thing to do is go to a real electronics store to see for yourself. Glasses are lightweight and super-cheap.

I tested some passive sets at my best buy and I thought the picture wasn't as sharp as some of the 3D sets. The rainbowing was slightly annoying. At the end of the day, the cost of the glasses should factor into the experieince. If you have little kids using the set or a lot of guests that would be watching it- the slight amount of rainbowing I saw would be a non-issue when balanced against the cost of buying a lot of glasses or replacing broken pairs.

[quote name='nbballard']I tested some passive sets at my best buy and I thought the picture wasn't as sharp as some of the 3D sets. The rainbowing was slightly annoying. At the end of the day, the cost of the glasses should factor into the experieince. If you have little kids using the set or a lot of guests that would be watching it- the slight amount of rainbowing I saw would be a non-issue when balanced against the cost of buying a lot of glasses or replacing broken pairs.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 kids and their friends want to use the tv. I have already had 2 pairs of glasses get broken so its starting to add up. With a passive I can take the glasses from the theater to use so having those will never be a problem. Also it would make it easier because then I will be able to get the kids size glasses. I guess I will have to check into getting one for sure now. Just need to sell the one I have first lol.

Anyone gets the new Harold and Kumar in 3D? I was going to pick it up but it was out everywhere so I went by a rental place and they told me they had shipping problems with it and thats why I couldn't find it anywhere.

i just preordered the Hugo 3d from amazon for 28 but it comes out to 38 with two day shipping on release date. Anyone know if the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3d is worth it or not. I saw the regular version and I didnt really like it but if it has good 3d i might get it

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i just preordered the Hugo 3d from amazon for 28 but it comes out to 38 with two day shipping on release date. Anyone know if the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3d is worth it or not. I saw the regular version and I didnt really like it but if it has good 3d i might get it[/QUOTE]
I thought the 3d was very good for the most part. Some parts were shot in 2d and they don't look as good.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i just preordered the Hugo 3d from amazon for 28 but it comes out to 38 with two day shipping on release date. Anyone know if the Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3d is worth it or not. I saw the regular version and I didnt really like it but if it has good 3d i might get it[/QUOTE]

Truth be told only the first 15 mins and the last 50 mins have impressive 3d. All of the Chicago scenes are impressive. I'd say its a benchmark 3d bluray when you ignore most of the movie.

I worked at an Imax 3D theater when Transformers was out. There's some excellent 3D in that movie. That said, thanks to work, I've seen that film about 96 million times and probably don't need to see it ever again. :)

New to the thread, new to having a 3D set. Got a Vizio E3D420VX and really like it. I just wish there was more content out there right now. I'm kind of worried that 3D Blu ray is going to go the same way DVD-Audio and SACD went where the content companies just give a half assed push for the format. Still, guess I have some hope for the format as now I'm invested. LOL

[quote name='Captain Wrong']I worked at an Imax 3D theater when Transformers was out. There's some excellent 3D in that movie. That said, thanks to work, I've seen that film about 96 million times and probably don't need to see it ever again. :)

New to the thread, new to having a 3D set. Got a Vizio E3D420VX and really like it. I just wish there was more content out there right now. I'm kind of worried that 3D Blu ray is going to go the same way DVD-Audio and SACD went where the content companies just give a half assed push for the format. Still, guess I have some hope for the format as now I'm invested. LOL[/QUOTE]

When you consider games and movies, there is a ton of content available.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Anyone gets the new Harold and Kumar in 3D? I was going to pick it up but it was out everywhere so I went by a rental place and they told me they had shipping problems with it and thats why I couldn't find it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Got mine from Amazon. Had a nice lenticular cover, also. Loved the movie! :booty:

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Anyone gets the new Harold and Kumar in 3D? I was going to pick it up but it was out everywhere so I went by a rental place and they told me they had shipping problems with it and thats why I couldn't find it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I received my copy from Columbia House yesterday. Haven't watched it yet.

[quote name='xhonzi']Fyi, Rio and Cars2 (3D) are part of Best Buy's buy 2 for $30. Maybe others.[/QUOTE]

The sku's in the ad match the regular editions. You will have to get lucky for them to give them to you.

Finally got around to watching Legend of the Guardians, and it was pretty awesome. It's worth watching for the visuals alone IMO (though I liked the movie overall too).

[quote name='dmdragon']The sku's in the ad match the regular editions. You will have to get lucky for them to give them to you.[/QUOTE]

I was in the store yesterday and the printout they had with the list plainly indicated the 3d versions.

But you may be right.

[quote name='xhonzi']I was in the store yesterday and the printout they had with the list plainly indicated the 3d versions.

But you may be right.[/QUOTE]

Best buy is always ymmv when it comes to mess ups on their website. They are doing this alot lately with putting 3d in the title of non-3d versions of movies. They did it with Harold and Kumar too, but I wasn't lucky on that one, although some were.

Hmm--it looks like all of the 3D versions of titles have been pulled off wbshop.com. Anyone know why?
I can't even get the Polar Express 3D BD I was supposed to get from my WB Insider Rewards points now.

I snagged Saw 3D today. I told myself I was just going to wait for a Saw boxset and not bother with any individual releases, but it doesn't seem to be less than $40 anywhere, and a seller had it listed on amazon for $20 and I happened to have $20 in points on points2shop.com. Now hopefully I actually get the 3d version, and it wasn't a listing error.

[quote name='opterasis']I snagged Saw 3D today. I told myself I was just going to wait for a Saw boxset and not bother with any individual releases, but it doesn't seem to be less than $40 anywhere, and a seller had it listed on amazon for $20 and I happened to have $20 in points on points2shop.com. Now hopefully I actually get the 3d version, and it wasn't a listing error.[/QUOTE]

I posted this on blu-ray.com when I saw it last night when it was still 17.95 with 3 dollar shipping. I doubt it's an error, as someone else said they probably just didn't realize that the other sellers had it so high and fixed it back to 23.99. Mine did ship already and since they sell the 2d one for 9.99 this one has to be 3d. Why would they put the 2d one under 2 separate listings.

[quote name='dmdragon']I posted this on blu-ray.com when I saw it last night when it was still 17.95 with 3 dollar shipping. I doubt it's an error, as someone else said they probably just didn't realize that the other sellers had it so high and fixed it back to 23.99. Mine did ship already and since they sell the 2d one for 9.99 this one has to be 3d. Why would they put the 2d one under 2 separate listings.[/QUOTE]

It's just the pessimist in me worrying. Crazier messups have happened with Amazon marketplace sellers before.

And thanks for posting that on blu-ray.com, I would have blown my p2s points on a 3d nature doc or something today had I not seen that.

bread's done
Back