3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']I am picking up Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas from BB tonight. The only other 3D Blu-ray I own is Tron: Legacy.[/QUOTE]

I got it last week when BB had it on sale. Very funny movie with some very well done 3D. It's the second best in the series behind White Castle.

Transformers Dark of the Moon is one of the best 3D Blu-Rays out! The movie was shot in 3D,but the Transformers themselves were converted,so sometimes they can look a little cardboard cut out-ish.

[quote name='KyleN']FYI Deep Discount is having a BOGO sale on select Blu-rays right now with PRES2012 code. Included in the sale are:
So both for $33.77 shipped.[/QUOTE]

I got excited when I saw a thread about the sale earlier, I was hoping it would include Thor and Captain America. Sadly, it didn't.

*edit* and I just ordered the 55LW5600 from Amazon! Can't wait for Wed for it to get here!

[quote name='opterasis']I got excited when I saw a thread about the sale earlier, I was hoping it would include Thor and Captain America. Sadly, it didn't.

*edit* and I just ordered the 55LW5600 from Amazon! Can't wait for Wed for it to get here![/QUOTE]

You suck. I want to get a 3d tv as I now have like 36 3d movies lol :p

http://dmdragon.dvdaf.com/owned/3d-blu

[quote name='daruler022']I got it last week when BB had it on sale. Very funny movie with some very well done 3D. It's the second best in the series behind White Castle.

Transformers Dark of the Moon is one of the best 3D Blu-Rays out! The movie was shot in 3D,but the Transformers themselves were converted,so sometimes they can look a little cardboard cut out-ish.[/QUOTE]

If you like depth, there is very little popout from what i understand. A truly good 3d title will have both.

[quote name='opterasis']I believe I have around 10. I plan on getting a few more soon. I love the short period of time when I have money after I get my taxes done. lol[/QUOTE]

I actually got a 3d tv today.

Picked up a 42" Lg 3d passive with a free 3d blu-ray player and 4 sets of glasses for 700 bucks out the door. Not bad really

I'm going to scroll back and see if I can find more info, but does anyone know how "limited" the Hugo 3D is? Or what makes it limited? I mean it says limited and though I dont have 3D, if in the future I do, I'd prob preorder this version rather than standard bluray version.

I didn't think I was going to get a 3D TV so I didn't buy any 3D blu-rays. After I got a 3D TV, I had to re-buy some of the movies I previously bought. The $10 coupon from Transformers: Dark of the Moon helped a little.

I think the 1st two 3D movies I bought were Pirates of the Caribbean and Tekken: Blood Vengeance. The TV I bought was the Samsung 46" LED UN46D7000 which included 2 pairs of glasses and a blu-ray player. Almost got the Panasonic 50" plasma TCP50GT30 though. Didn't because the glasses cost too much.

[quote name='Arakias']I'm going to scroll back and see if I can find more info, but does anyone know how "limited" the Hugo 3D is? Or what makes it limited? I mean it says limited and though I dont have 3D, if in the future I do, I'd prob preorder this version rather than standard bluray version.[/QUOTE]

I don't think limited means low in production. It's just a new way of saying "special edition" on 3d blus I think.

[quote name='opterasis']I got excited when I saw a thread about the sale earlier, I was hoping it would include Thor and Captain America. Sadly, it didn't.

*edit* and I just ordered the 55LW5600 from Amazon! Can't wait for Wed for it to get here![/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if My Bloody Valentine is the real 3D version NOT the papered glasses one? The description is vague....and it pictures the actual 3D one, but I'd be pissed if I got it and it was the crappy version lol

[quote name='HorrorFan88']Does anybody know if My Bloody Valentine is the real 3D version NOT the papered glasses one? The description is vague....and it pictures the actual 3D one, but I'd be pissed if I got it and it was the crappy version lol[/QUOTE]

I would assume it's the real 3d one because of the price. The crappy version you can get for like $12 these days.

[quote name='HorrorFan88']Does anybody know if My Bloody Valentine is the real 3D version NOT the papered glasses one? The description is vague....and it pictures the actual 3D one, but I'd be pissed if I got it and it was the crappy version lol[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the DD sale, the one I linked to was the real 3d one (based on UPC and picture). The other 3d version is also part of the bogo sale and has cheaper MSRP and different pic/UPC.

Well, I did it now. Not satisfied with the 24" Sony 3D display I bought 3 months ago, last night I brought home the 60" Samsung 7050 from Costco. Every time I walked by it in the store, the picture was SO good. The guest bedroom just became a home theater!!! ;)

[quote name='merkman']Well, I did it now. Not satisfied with the 24" Sony 3D display I bought 3 months ago, last night I brought home the 60" Samsung 7050 from Costco. Every time I walked by it in the store, the picture was SO good. The guest bedroom just became a home theater!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

I started with a 3D PC for games and Blu-rays, then got a 55" LED TV, then a 720p 3D DLP projector with an 80"screen. I'm now at an Epson 1080p 3D LCD projector with a 100" screen. Hopefully that will be the last upgrade for a while.

its just my opinion as i am fan of pop out effects rather then depth/I don`t like to put on glasses throughout movie for nothing so if you are in same boat -Don`t Miss "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas " as goes for HUGO.Its good story and oscar worthy editing but lacks good 3D .It is only in beginning of movie where cam zooms .you can watch it in 2D .

MY Top 3=3D OUT OF SCREEN list (Documentaries not included )

1) Resident evil
2) Final Destination 5
3) A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas

whats your top 3 =3D movies ( exclude documentaries )

I don't notice a whole lot of pop out. I don't know if it's because I have a passive cinema lg, but while I see stuff coming at the screen, it doesn't usually come out. I will say that Drive Angry was pretty damn good for 3d over all.

[quote name='dmdragon']I don't notice a whole lot of pop out. I don't know if it's because I have a passive cinema lg, but while I see stuff coming at the screen, it doesn't usually come out. I will say that Drive Angry was pretty damn good for 3d over all.[/QUOTE]

I own a passive set they do amazing pop out. Go check out the two underwater documentaries by wb. The one with the potato cod has a 6 foot long pop out effect on my 47 inch set. Most movies tone down the pop out in favor for depth. I could see too much pop out being annoying.

[quote name='Sk']I own a passive set they do amazing pop out. Go check out the two underwater documentaries by wb. The one with the potato cod has a 6 foot long pop out effect on my 47 inch set. Most movies tone down the pop out in favor for depth. I could see too much pop out being annoying.[/QUOTE]

That was on demo at the store, so I saw that. Haven't seen any pop out close to that yet on any of the 40 movies I own... although I haven't' even watched 1/4 of them yet.

[quote name='dmdragon']I actually got a 3d tv today.

Picked up a 42" Lg 3d passive with a free 3d blu-ray player and 4 sets of glasses for 700 bucks out the door. Not bad really[/QUOTE]

Best Buy? I think we might have bought the same model. Did it come with two pairs of white glasses and 2 orange?

[quote name='dmdragon']I don't notice a whole lot of pop out. I don't know if it's because I have a passive cinema lg, but while I see stuff coming at the screen, it doesn't usually come out. I will say that Drive Angry was pretty damn good for 3d over all.[/QUOTE]

How big is your screen and how far away do you sit? I noticed that if you sit closer, you can see the 3D better.

[quote name='Matt Young']Best Buy? I think we might have bought the same model. Did it come with two pairs of white glasses and 2 orange?[/QUOTE]

no, mine were all black. I got a 42LW5300

It was a christmas return and an open box, got it for 649 plus tax (700 out the door) with the free 3d blu player (that I already sold for 60 bucks) and 4 pairs of black passive glasses.

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey guys I just got Toy Story 3D Trilogy for $39.99 with FS at Barnes and Nobles because of this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315640. They have other Family/Kid movies in 3D that have good prices after the 20% coupon.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that I don't believe these come with 2d blu's, just the 3d versions and disney 3d blu's don't work in 2d mode.

Just letting you and others know in case you didn't :p

[quote name='dmdragon']Keep in mind that I don't believe these come with 2d blu's, just the 3d versions and disney 3d blu's don't work in 2d mode.

Just letting you and others know in case you didn't :p[/QUOTE]
Not going to lie I didn't know that so thanks. I have other Blu-ray 3Ds that are the same so it doesn't bother me and I don't own any of these on any other format so I would buy again later if a new format or 3D dies.

[quote name='dmdragon']no, mine were all black. I got a 42LW5300

It was a christmas return and an open box, got it for 649 plus tax (700 out the door) with the free 3d blu player (that I already sold for 60 bucks) and 4 pairs of black passive glasses.[/QUOTE]

Weird. That's the exact same model number as mine. The box does show black glasses. I paid a little over $700 for mine and it's been fantastic.

Guys whats verdic on Ghost rider 3D and journey2 movies ? did anyone watch'em in theater.i read reviews but more interested in common peope suggestion rather then critics . i want to chose only one over another.

i know journey2 shot in 3D while Ghost rider post production 3D .

My 55lw5600 was just delivered. After changing some settings, holy crap this blows my 42 inch insignia out of the water! I can't wait to play with the 3D when I wake up tonight!

FWIW, the Hastings 29% off promo code actually works on used 3D Blu-rays, which hasn't usually been the case with other Hastings discounts for used Blu-rays. I bought Green Lantern and Dolphin Tale 3D for $17.75 each, plus of course the $2.28 shipping for each. A few cents over $20 each was good enough for me, even though I know GL doesn't have the best 3D in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msu89dawgs']FWIW, the Hastings 29% off promo code actually works on used 3D Blu-rays, which hasn't usually been the case with other Hastings discounts for used. I bought Green Lantern and Dolphin Tale 3D for $17.75 each, plus of course the $2.28 shipping for each. A few cents over $20 each was good enough for me, even though I know GL doesn't have the best 3D in the world.[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that myself--was shocked that it actually worked--the coupons never seem to work on those! Ordered Gulliver's Travels (yeah, yeah, I know it's supposed to be bad), Dolphin's Tale and A Christmas Carol.

[quote name='elessar123']The email they sent out says it works with blurays, so it's not a glitch.[/QUOTE]

The coupons always say that, but usually when I add a used 3D BD to my cart, it takes the % off all the other used movies but not the 3D titles. This is the first coupon in a long time that has actually worked on the 3D titles as well--I keep trying every time a new coupon is announced :)

[quote name='KyleN']The coupons always say that, but usually when I add a used 3D BD to my cart, it takes the % off all the other used movies but not the 3D titles. This is the first coupon in a long time that has actually worked on the 3D titles as well--I keep trying every time a new coupon is announced :)[/QUOTE]

This

Ahh yes, the good ol days when 3d blu-rays worked for the 3 for 21 sales. I got 1/4 of my 3d blu's using that for 9 bucks each after shipping

[quote name='dmdragon']This

Ahh yes, the good ol days when 3d blu-rays worked for the 3 for 21 sales. I got 1/4 of my 3d blu's using that for 9 bucks each after shipping[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't notice that. I bought several during the 3/$21 sale, and they actually stopped sending me emails til I signed up again recently, so I haven't bought much til 30% off blurays last week.

[quote name='dmdragon']Ahh yes, the good ol days when 3d blu-rays worked for the 3 for 21 sales. I got 1/4 of my 3d blu's using that for 9 bucks each after shipping[/QUOTE]

I was never able to find any in-stock used 3D titles during those good old days :(

[quote name='elessar123']Ah, I didn't notice that. I bought several during the 3/$21 sale, and they actually stopped sending me emails til I signed up again recently, so I haven't bought much til 30% off blurays last week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they've invalidated 3d blu's on every sale since the last 3 for 21 sale. I guess they learned the error of their ways on that one lol.

Got my 3D Dolphin Tale from Hastings in the mail today... except it was the 2D only one. Now I have to return it for refund, re-buy the 3D one at full price when it comes back in stock used, then call Hastings support to get them to adjust the price to what I paid for this one. It would be nice if their pickers would be a little more careful. We'll see if I actually get the 3D version of Green Lantern (assuming they don't cancel it).

I'm not sure if everyone noticed the other thread, but several 3D combo packs are cheap @ Costco right now.

I saw the following combo packs at my local Costco yesterday:

$24.99 Disney combo packs:
Alice in Wonderland 3D
Bolt 3D
Mars Needs Moms 3D
Tangled 3D (picked up 2nd to last copy)
Toy Story 3 3D

$18.99 3D combo packs:
Under the Sea 3D (picked up a copy)

Others have reported seeing Tron: Legacy and the Hubble 3D Combo Pack (which I am DYING to find), but YMMV.

I watched both movies I picked up yesterday and Under the Sea was incredible, but a few parts of Tangled looked a bit blurry - mainly wide background shots of the castle/tower.
I haven't noticed ANY ghosting on any other 3D films/games I've watched/played on my TV (55" Sony HX820), so it was a bit jarring. Did anyone else who has seen Tangled have this issue??
(the rest of the movie looked fantastic though)

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Got my 3D Dolphin Tale from Hastings in the mail today... except it was the 2D only one. Now I have to return it for refund, re-buy the 3D one at full price when it comes back in stock used, then call Hastings support to get them to adjust the price to what I paid for this one. It would be nice if their pickers would be a little more careful. We'll see if I actually get the 3D version of Green Lantern (assuming they don't cancel it).[/QUOTE]

Mine just arrived--did get 3D version--no slipcover or ultraviolet code, back of artwork somewhat torn, but otherwise complete. I've yet to get a slipcover for a used 3D title from GoHastings--wonder if people are keeping these when they trade in the titles.

Got my first mess up ever from gohastings today

I order Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 3d

I got

A rental exclusive 2d copy in a blockbuster case that has a blockbuster sticker saying 9.99 on it

Honestly, I don't think they could have messed that one up worse, even an empty case wouldn't be too much worse as a rental exclusive disc is about worthless anyways..

All for 20 bucks.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Tempting![/QUOTE]

If you haven't seen it, then rent before you buy. IMO it was one of the worst of last year, even hated it more after I found out that was not Frieda Pinto's rear.

Yep, I would save my money on Immortals.

The 3D isn't Conan level bad but it's like the director put all the effort in all the main scenes and there is very little going on in the rest.

And the movie is dull, I am a little worried about the new Superman because this guy was the worst action hero in a movie I have seen in a long time.

And making the Titans, 5 foot zombie/stone looking guys is something they would do in a live action play, not a major movie.

bread's done
Back