3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I own both the Starter Kit and a PS3 Active Display.

1) comes with all 5 discs (no vouchers)
2) 2 blu cases, multi for shreks and single for megamind
3) all promotional use only Bdiscs contain just the 3D (at least mine are) versions. No special features, not even subtitles.

I hope this answers all these lingering questions.

[quote name='WV Matsui']So I can watch on my ps3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the exclusives you can. I got them before I got my 3d tv and when I put them in my ps3 they played fine on my 2d tv. Of course you won't get 3d unless you have a 3d tv, but I think you know that. They will play in 2d though in the interim until you get a 3d so all is not lost.

The non-exclusive retail ones for some reason do NOT play in 2d, just 3d.

[quote name='dmdragon']Yes, the exclusives you can. I got them before I got my 3d tv and when I put them in my ps3 they played fine on my 2d tv. Of course you won't get 3d unless you have a 3d tv, but I think you know that. They will play in 2d though in the interim until you get a 3d so all is not lost.

The non-exclusive retail ones for some reason do NOT play in 2d, just 3d.[/QUOTE]

The retail 3D discs generally don't play in 3D in order to prevent people from buying the 3D version and just selling off the 2D Blu-ray on eBay.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']The retail 3D discs generally don't play in 3D in order to prevent people from buying the 3D version and just selling off the 2D Blu-ray on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Um..what?

[quote name='plus1zero']Um..what?[/QUOTE]

I'd venture to guess he meant this ...

[quote name='larrythefatcat']The retail 3D discs generally don't play in 2D in order to prevent people from buying the 3D version and just selling off the 2D Blu-ray on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry... I don't know HOW I missed that typo.

I'm trying to get the Samsung starter kit from BB (have been for almost a week now)... all of the stores around me were out, so I went into my nearest store last week and asked if they could transfer one from another store that has some in stock. I was told that I wouldn't be able to do that since it's a clearance item and I understood that being an issue so I left the store.

My curiosity got the better of me, so that day (I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday of last week) I started calling BB stores that were further away and I finally talked to someone from a store quite a bit to the North and I was told that their store DID have one in stock, but it was already on hold for someone to pick it up and buy it. The person I spoke with said he could definitely get one shipped in from another store and that the other store was just giving me a BS line... essentially because they didn't want to take the time to call another store.

Well, I was supposed to be able to get the pack today and I was told they had it at the store. I took the 30-minute drive up there and walked over to the Customer Service desk and two or three people were standing around looking at the packaging with some interest... it seems they noticed that the package was opened and the movies had been removed. This had apparently been done by someone at the previous store since the item came on a truck directly to their store from the other one and had just arrived this morning... and had been in plain view at the desk all morning.

My luck almost reversed because they were going to give me the individual releases of Shrek 1-4 and Megamind for free to make up for it, but they found out from their manager that they couldn't do that... unfortunate.

Well, the system showed that another store (even further away from me, of course) still had one in stock... after a relatively quick call it seems they were able to put in a transfer for another copy of the kit to be sent to the first store that said they couldn't do it. Here's to hoping that I'll FINALLY get the starter kit in its complete form!

If anyone thinks this post looks "tl;dr"... don't bother to read it.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']Yeah, sorry... I don't know HOW I missed that typo.

I'm trying to get the Samsung starter kit from BB (have been for almost a week now)... all of the stores around me were out, so I went into my nearest store last week and asked if they could transfer one from another store that has some in stock. I was told that I wouldn't be able to do that since it's a clearance item and I understood that being an issue so I left the store.

My curiosity got the better of me, so that day (I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday of last week) I started calling BB stores that were further away and I finally talked to someone from a store quite a bit to the North and I was told that their store DID have one in stock, but it was already on hold for someone to pick it up and buy it. The person I spoke with said he could definitely get one shipped in from another store and that the other store was just giving me a BS line... essentially because they didn't want to take the time to call another store.

Well, I was supposed to be able to get the pack today and I was told they had it at the store. I took the 30-minute drive up there and walked over to the Customer Service desk and two or three people were standing around looking at the packaging with some interest... it seems they noticed that the package was opened and the movies had been removed. This had apparently been done by someone at the previous store since the item came on a truck directly to their store from the other one and had just arrived this morning... and had been in plain view at the desk all morning.

My luck almost reversed because they were going to give me the individual releases of Shrek 1-4 and Megamind for free to make up for it, but they found out from their manager that they couldn't do that... unfortunate.

Well, the system showed that another store (even further away from me, of course) still had one in stock... after a relatively quick call it seems they were able to put in a transfer for another copy of the kit to be sent to the first store that said they couldn't do it. Here's to hoping that I'll FINALLY get the starter kit in its complete form!

If anyone thinks this post looks "tl;dr"... don't bother to read it.[/QUOTE]

Look at the plus side, at least the employees noticed the missing movies before they tried to sell it to you. If you'd brought it home, you'd have a hard time convincing them the movies were missing in the first place.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D - $18.88 or $8.88 AC

FRI_P8_052512_25.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Since when did Fry's take coupons?[/QUOTE]

Its referring to the manufacturers coupon that came with the original blu release... no reason they wouldnt take it

[quote name='zman73']Its referring to the manufacturers coupon that came with the original blu release... no reason they wouldnt take it[/QUOTE]

I'll reiterate. Since when does Fry's take coupons?

I never knew of any place that didn't accept manufacturers coupons since the manufacturer reimburses the store... Then again I don't have a frys near me and if they for some reason wouldn't accept them it would just cost them business

[quote name='zman73']I never knew of any place that didn't accept manufacturers coupons since the manufacturer reimburses the store... Then again I don't have a frys near me and if they for some reason wouldn't accept them it would just cost them business[/QUOTE]

Fry's doesn't take coupons.

[quote name='elessar123']Fry's doesn't take coupons.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry man, i knew where you were going with that line of questioning :p

Rhetorical is the word of the day kids :D

[quote name='catabarez']I just got 7 3D blu-rays from GoHastings because of the sale. I would have gotten more if they were in stock. I have a problem lol[/QUOTE]

You don't have a problem. You actually had 7 to buy. I can't buy any 3d blu's because I own them all lol. I'm the one with the problem

The only one that I don't have but don't really want is Step up 3d and i will probably still end up getting it one day. I have more or less EVERY theatrical 3d blu out there aside from a few disney ones.

[quote name='dmdragon']You don't have a problem. You actually had 7 to buy. I can't buy any 3d blu's because I own them all lol. I'm the one with the problem

The only one that I don't have but don't really want is Step up 3d and i will probably still end up getting it one day. I have more or less EVERY theatrical 3d blu out there aside from a few disney ones.[/QUOTE]

Sorry in advance for enabling your addiction. ;) Have you checked the Disney 3D blurays on sale at Costco? :bouncy:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Sorry in advance for enabling your addiction. ;) Have you checked the Disney 3D blurays on sale at Costco? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No membership lol

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D - $18.88 or $8.88 AC

FRI_P8_052512_25.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, heading over today to pick this up.

I noticed the AVENGERS 3D has a $5 coupon on Amazon's site. Will be $29.99 after coupon. I have to imagine it will be cheaper on release...who knows.

One thing I noticed with Amazon is since I have a GIFT CARD Balance, it will not let me use my CC and the $5 coupon. I have to use my Gift Card balance....which I don't want to do since I don't want my gift card credit tied to this movie for months.

[quote name='doubledown']I noticed the AVENGERS 3D has a $5 coupon on Amazon's site. Will be $29.99 after coupon. I have to imagine it will be cheaper on release...who knows.

One thing I noticed with Amazon is since I have a GIFT CARD Balance, it will not let me use my CC and the $5 coupon. I have to use my Gift Card balance....which I don't want to do since I don't want my gift card credit tied to this movie for months.[/QUOTE]

Can't you uncheck the gc balance on the payment/credit card page? I'm pretty sure that's how it works

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can't you uncheck the gc balance on the payment/credit card page? I'm pretty sure that's how it works[/QUOTE]

I can uncheck, but it also unchecks the $5 coupon.

It basically states I can use my CC and pay $34.99 or my Gift Card Balance and Promotion Balance. It lumps the Gift Card and Promo Coupon in one selection.

I'm sure I could e-mail CS and get them to apply the $5 coupon.

[quote name='doubledown']I can uncheck, but it also unchecks the $5 coupon.

It basically states I can use my CC and pay $34.99 or my Gift Card Balance and Promotion Balance. It lumps the Gift Card and Promo Coupon in one selection.

I'm sure I could e-mail CS and get them to apply the $5 coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well that's an odd system setup. Well, what I would do then is order something else to use up my gift card balance, could be anything. Then order The Avengers with the coupon, and then cancel the first order, which should then replenish your GC balance :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Well that's an odd system setup. Well, what I would do then is order something else to use up my gift card balance, could be anything. Then order The Avengers with the coupon, and then cancel the first order, which should then replenish your GC balance :)[/QUOTE]That's what I've done, three times so far today (Avengers, Tigger Movie, Finding Nemo).

The trick is to order something that won't ship immediately, such as a pre-order of some kind, and enough of the items or enough in the order that the gift card balance is used up. For some people with lots of Amazon credit, you have to order multiple items to use it all up.

With the coupons, just preordered both Finding Nemo 3D and Avengers 3D, for a total of $56.98. Yeah, it's crazy that they won't let us not use our credit cards instead of the balance we have, and get them for the same price.

Amazon.co.uk

Despicable Me 3D (UK Region Free) is $14.52 shipped.

Items: GBP 6.00
Postage & Packing: GBP 3.08
Total before VAT: GBP 9.08
VAT: GBP 0.00
Order Total: GBP 9.08

(Payment Total: USD 14.52**)

Sanctum 3D (UK Region Free) is $12.92 shipped.

Items: GBP 5.00
Total before VAT: GBP 8.08
Order Total: GBP 8.08

(Payment Total: USD 12.92**)

Flying Monsters 3D (UK Region Free) is $11.66 shipped.

Items: GBP 4.21
Total before VAT: GBP 7.29
Order Total: GBP 7.29

(Payment Total: USD 11.66**)

Big thanks to Jude72 from blu-ray.com. Not only did he post this awesome deal, but due to time constraints I pretty much just stole his template :p

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I bought Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D yesterday for $8.88.

b9go6b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How'd you do that? I price-matched Amazon at Best Buy because Amazon had it for $25 vs $35 at BB. This was a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']How'd you do that? I price-matched Amazon at Best Buy because Amazon had it for $25 vs $35 at BB. This was a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pounce!']Pricematch Frys at BB and use enclosed coupon (from T3 2D Blu), brilliant![/QUOTE]
That's right.

[quote name='Pounce!']Pricematch Frys at BB and use enclosed coupon (from T3 2D Blu), brilliant![/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']That's right.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. No Frys around, lol.

Thank You:)

Those with a BJs Wholesale Club, saw Clash of the Titans (no slipcover), Green Lantern (no slipcover) & Journey to the Center of the Earth (with Slipcover) for $18.99.

[quote name='hauz20']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Conan+t...p?id=2310264&skuId=3720284&st=Conan&lp=2&cp=1

The new Conan on 3D blu. I picked it up a couple days ago as the wife loves Jason Momoa, but ... not the best representation of 3D cinema. Very, very dark film and there just isn't much depth.

But, still, I thought I'd let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

Same price at amazon and there are quite a few copies used for 15 shipped if you don't mind used on their marketplace.

bread's done
Back