3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anderson4145']Good deal but that movie looked stupid so I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

I decided to get it cuz why not? It's only 7 bucks :p

whats the difference between USED and Previously Viewed? They both comes complete?

EDIT: im just gonna take the jump. i guess previously viewed is like blockbuster rental. $7 not that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trunks982']whats the difference between USED and Previously Viewed? They both comes complete?

EDIT: im just gonna take the jump. i guess previously viewed is like blockbuster rental. $7 not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Used - traded in by people, depending on what they included with the trade in you may or may not get everything but generally the most I have seen not included is slipcovers, but never had any missing discs.

PV - was a rental, may or may not get it in a DVD case, I'm assuming you will get it complete unless it was a rental exclusive version.

[quote name='hollowfreak']For all you DLP users, like myself, I saw this over on bensbargains.net ...

2-Pack Xpand X102 DLP-Link 3D Glasses $28 at Tiger Direct with promo code: EGX63706

... I got 2(4 pairs) for $55 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Damn, great deal.

My wife screwed up one pair of glasses (put the batteries in wrong, and can't get it out now :roll: ) and said she'd replace it.

Now's a great chance.

Edit: I can't believe how cheap they are compared to when I bought some 2 years ago. Holy hell. Wow. :(

[quote name='pjb16']Damn, great deal.

My wife screwed up one pair of glasses (put the batteries in wrong, and can't get it out now :roll: ) and said she'd replace it.

Now's a great chance.

Edit: I can't believe how cheap they are compared to when I bought some 2 years ago. Holy hell. Wow. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I just RMA'd 2 "cheap" (SainSonic) pairs I bought off of ebay for $80. They fit and looked nice but had horrible ghosting and lost sync anytime the source was light/bright. Uncharted 3 desert level. Hopefully the XpanDs will live up to all the praise I've been seeing about them, and at 4 pairs for half the price of 1 I couldn't resist trying them out. So far my favorite pair are my TrueDepth3D ones, but I just couldn't see paying $60+ a pair when I'm the only one that's really into it.

[quote name='hollowfreak']For all you DLP users, like myself, I saw this over on bensbargains.net ...

2-Pack Xpand X102 DLP-Link 3D Glasses $28 at Tiger Direct with promo code: EGX63706

... I got 2(4 pairs) for $55 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Can't thank you enough OP!!! I have been wanting to try these out for the longest time and for $14/pair it is an AMAZING deal. I currently use the Ultraclear DLP link and I have heard these are superior.

[quote name='KyleN']Those with a BJs Wholesale Club, saw Clash of the Titans (no slipcover), Green Lantern (no slipcover) & Journey to the Center of the Earth (with Slipcover) for $18.99.[/QUOTE]

Saw these and 3 or 4 IMAX titles at BJs now with $5 instant rebate thru 7/1 so they are only $13.99.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone know if John Carter looks good in 3d?[/QUOTE]
Yes! I thought it was a great conversion. Not a whole lot of pop out but great depth. I also really enjoyed the movie itself don't know why it did so poorly in theaters.

I saw an unfinished display at Best Buy that said 3D on it, so I checked the website when I got home. More at $20 including Shreks, Puss in Boots, How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Monsters vs. Aliens, Rio, Kung Fu Panda 2, and a few others. This will go good with the store pickup promotion they are running.

[quote name='gossamer']I saw an unfinished display at Best Buy that said 3D on it, so I checked the website when I got home. More at $20 including Shreks, Puss in Boots, How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, Monsters vs. Aliens, Rio, Kung Fu Panda 2, and a few others. This will go good with the store pickup promotion they are running.[/QUOTE]

Is the RIO 3D the 4 disc set? I asked cause some 3D bluray RE-releases comes with only the single disc.

[quote name='trunks982']Is the RIO 3D the 4 disc set? I asked cause some 3D bluray RE-releases comes with only the single disc.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've never seen this--what title has this happened for? I have only seen barebones releases for ones that used to be hardware exclusives (like the dreamworks titles)

Here's the list of all 29 3D Blu-rays on sale:

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Clash of the Titans
Conan the Barbarian
The Darkest Hour
Dolphins and Whales 3D: Tribes of the Ocean
Drive Angry
The Final Destination
G-Force
Glee Live! In Concert!
Green Lantern
How to Train Your Dragon
Imax: Hubble (3-D) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Kung Fu Panda 2
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine 3D
The Polar Express
Puss in Boots
Rio
Saw: The Final Chapter
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
The Three Musketeers
Underworld: Awakening ($24.99 not $19.99)
Yogi Bear

[quote name='KyleN']Really? I've never seen this--what title has this happened for? I have only seen barebones releases for ones that used to be hardware exclusives (like the dreamworks titles)

Here's the list of all 29 3D Blu-rays on sale:[/QUOTE]

Legend of the Guardians movie. I bought it at best buy. It doesnt come with the slip cover.

[quote name='trunks982']Legend of the Guardians movie. I bought it at best buy. It doesnt come with the slip cover.[/QUOTE]

Ahh--I wouldn't lump that in the same category as an altered number of discs. Missing slipcovers could even occur with the original pressing. Unless they are actually shrink-wrapped to the case (like with The Final Destination), there's nothing to stop the store or customers from removing them or buying/returning without them, even if they were there to begin with. I've seen the same slipcovered copy of LoG at my Best Buy for months--it's all tattered and torn--surprised they haven't just pulled off that slipcover and thrown it out.

[quote name='Sarang01']Can we see listings by the side whether these movies were actually shot in 3D or were conversion?[/QUOTE]

You can find that info on sites like http://realorfake3d.com/

However, for the most part any of the newer animated stuff is most likey just re-rendered from original 3D models even if it didn't have a 3D theatrical release.

[quote name='KyleN']Ahh--I wouldn't lump that in the same category as an altered number of discs. Missing slipcovers could even occur with the original pressing. Unless they are actually shrink-wrapped to the case (like with The Final Destination), there's nothing to stop the store or customers from removing them or buying/returning without them, even if they were there to begin with. I've seen the same slipcovered copy of LoG at my Best Buy for months--it's all tattered and torn--surprised they haven't just pulled off that slipcover and thrown it out.[/QUOTE]

the Legend of Guardians only came with 2D bluray and 3D bluray. no dvd. no digital copy. i remember back then it came with all 4.

[quote name='trunks982']the Legend of Guardians only came with 2D bluray and 3D bluray. no dvd. no digital copy. i remember back then it came with all 4.[/QUOTE]

Ahh--just checked my LoG--Slipcover says all 4 but back of actual case inside just shows the details for the bluray/3D. So they must have planned ahead for dropping the DVD/DC. However, for Rio both my slipcover and case say 4 disc... so I would assume that isn't going to change.

GOHastings sent me a 2D :br: instead of my 3d one
Smurfs
, anyone else have this happen?

I am embarrassed to admit I ordered the Smurfs, but my 6 yo loved it.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']GOHastings sent me a 2D :br: instead of my 3d one
Smurfs
, anyone else have this happen?

I am embarrassed to admit I ordered the Smurfs, but my 6 yo loved it.
[/QUOTE]

It happened to me too. Call them and they will give you a refund.

GOHASTINGS 4th of July 40% off: HAPPYBIRTHDAY

Alright I got back from work at 3AM earlier today and found out about this promotion. I immediately checked if 3D blu ray movies were part of the deal. To my surprise, YES!
I ordered (USED):
Lion King 3D
Tangled 3D
Beauty and the Beast 3D
Dante's Inferno

All for $50 including shipping. The normal price for 3D is typically 30+ for Disney movies. It now shows OUTOFSTOCK, but I ordered when it was INSTOCK. I hope to receive the items!

I tried GOHASTINGS and it did not seem to work on Wrath of the Titans or John Carter...I was just testing though, I didn't really want them that much anyways.

nice find on panda 2 - of course none in stock in any store around me - might check store in person though then get them to price match web site!

Yeah there are like 3 different SKUs on that movie which is odd, but I thought about trying the same thing and hoping the cashier doesn't pay close enough attention.

Mine are out as well. Then again, I'd probably get the same BS run around when I did in store pick up when I bought the first one.

They'd had the first one on sale for 10 bucks Dec 09. The retard cashier hadn't pulled it. Then went back and said there were no copies. I go and look and theres 3 on the shelf. He claims that because the blu ray on his screen says widescreen that its not the right one. This is AFTER they transfer the pick up to another store 30 mins away and 30 mins before closing. I nearly wrung the neck of that fucking retard. I grabbed a manager and he was able to over ride it all and get it taken care of. Had I been the manager, I would have fired that employee on the spot.

Sorry for the rant...I know CSB and all...just that instance always grates my nerves

wait, what? So are they just not going to release Irobot to the general public?

Nevermind, it's a 3d gift set. The regular 3d blu-ray should be available wide

10919a.jpg

[quote name='dmdragon']wait, what? So are they just not going to release Irobot to the general public?[/QUOTE]

I read they will in October

[quote name='crypto186']Is Hugo, Alice in Wonderland, and Christmas carol worth it in 3d?[/QUOTE]
Alice in Wonderland is definetly worth it, going to watch Hugo tonight heard the 3d was amazing and never saw Christmas Carol but heard the 3d was medicore.

@crypto Christmas Carol was excellent in the theater. Can't speak to the other two.

Do you ask out of curiosity or have you found them on sale somewhere ?

bread's done
Back