3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the BRAVE heads up. I locked in my coupon and pre-ordered. Daughter is going to see it tomorrow finally.

I thought HUGO was rather boring...3D was well done, but the movie just did not hold my interest.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for the BRAVE heads up. I locked in my coupon and pre-ordered. Daughter is going to see it tomorrow finally.

I thought HUGO was rather boring...3D was well done, but the movie just did not hold my interest.[/QUOTE]

I was bored watching Hugo as well. As for Brave, i was going to pre-order from Amazon, but it was tough for me to pass up the $19.99 shipped from Deep Discount.

I preordered Brave from Amazon and DD. I'll just cancel whichever one ends up being more expensive (plus the Amazon order is a nice safety net if DD decides to fuck us over with cancellations).

[quote name='impostor71']I didn't get more than half way into Hugo before I had to pull out. So boring, IMO...[/QUOTE]

Must... not... reply. Setup... too... easy.

Looks like the Avengers o Amazon dropped to $29.96....should be $25 after the $5 coupon they had for a while...although, my order is not adjusted correctly since I had issues the first time.

[quote name='doubledown']Looks like the Avengers o Amazon dropped to $29.96....should be $25 after the $5 coupon they had for a while...although, my order is not adjusted correctly since I had issues the first time.[/QUOTE]

The price drop happened on the 9th--mine was adjusted automatically the next day.

Looks like a bunch of $14.99 3D titles at Best Buy next week (perhaps already) using their $5 upgrade and save where you trade in a DVD and get $5 towards BD $9.99 and up. Otherwise $19.99.

Clash of the Titans, How To Train Your Dragon, The Final Destination, Green Lantern, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Kung Fu Panda 2, Legend of the Guardians, Megamind, Puss in Boots, Rio, Three Musketeers, Yogi Bear.

[quote name='KyleN']Looks like a bunch of $14.99 3D titles at Best Buy next week (perhaps already) using their $5 upgrade and save where you trade in a DVD and get $5 towards BD $9.99 and up. Otherwise $19.99.

Clash of the Titans, How To Train Your Dragon, The Final Destination, Green Lantern, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Kung Fu Panda 2, Legend of the Guardians, Megamind, Puss in Boots, Rio, Three Musketeers, Yogi Bear.[/QUOTE]
Damn, already own all of the good ones. maybe I'll pick up Clash. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='trunks982']nice... is it possible to cancel the order before it ships if i find somewhere cheaper?[/QUOTE]

How much cheaper do you think this movie will get?????

I doubt it will see a 19.99 price initially, so I bought. I have no idea if you want to cancel (even though shipping is free, and no tax) what happens with deepdiscountdvd...

Even if you found it for 19.99... if its B&M, your paying tax, and if its amazon - you need to hit 25 for free shipping.. so $23 shipped + no tax for me does it.

[quote name='crypto186']On the bb list above, which movies are good in 3D? I do not own any of those.[/QUOTE]IMO, I would say Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss In Boots, Rio and Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

FYI on the 3D movies from BB. They are already that price in store and have been for a few weeks. Earlier in the week I picked up a few that I was missing like Puss In Boots for $14.99 with the coupon. All the Shrek 3D blu's are also $19.99 right now if you wanted the collection.

I recently picked up Guardians on a blind buy. What I read is true: it's basically Star Wars with owls. Still fun to watch though, and definitely some excellent use of 3D.

I'm a sucker for corny Disney-like adventure flicks; is Journey any good? Both in terms of 3D and the film itself.

[quote name='KyleN']The price drop happened on the 9th--mine was adjusted automatically the next day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....Amazon did not adjust mine down by the $5 coupon, since I didn't want to pay with a Gift Card at the time and they added the coupon post purchase. I'm discussing the issue with Amazon and they are giving me the runaround. I hope Best Buy or someone comes through....there has to be some sort of tie-in.

tried to get how to train your dragon at bb for $15 after trade-in, and got shot down because it wasn't the right version. it was with free movie ticket for madagascar that got shot down. maybe i was unlucky, so if you see both versions at your bb, try your luck with free movie ticket first for pricematch by pointing at the ad. they look identical.

kung fu panda 2 with exclusive bb sticker one is $15 after trade-in.

[quote name='hauz20']I recently picked up Guardians on a blind buy. What I read is true: it's basically Star Wars with owls. Still fun to watch though, and definitely some excellent use of 3D.

I'm a sucker for corny Disney-like adventure flicks; is Journey any good? Both in terms of 3D and the film itself.[/QUOTE]

Journey is a goofy fun family movie. It is pure cotton candy, but I enjoyed it.

Guardians is a great movie, and it's absolutely beautiful. I've read great reviews on the 3D as well.

[quote name='hauz20']I recently picked up Guardians on a blind buy. What I read is true: it's basically Star Wars with owls. Still fun to watch though, and definitely some excellent use of 3D.

I'm a sucker for corny Disney-like adventure flicks; is Journey any good? Both in terms of 3D and the film itself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='impostor71']Guardians is cool. I just picked up Journey blind-buy based on comments here.

Underworld Awakening looks amazing in 3D, btw.[/QUOTE]
Both Journey's have great 3d.

[quote name='impostor71']Guardians is cool. I just picked up Journey blind-buy based on comments here.

Underworld Awakening looks amazing in 3D, btw.[/QUOTE]

Agree underworld had some awesome pop out and depth. I really hated the movie. I just watched it for the 3d.

[quote name='crypto186']I read that 3D is just a fade from an article on askmen...Opinions!?

http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/tech-news/the-death-of-3d.html[/QUOTE]

I hope not--I really like it. Though two things need to happen or it WILL die. First, they need to get rid of the 3D surcharge in theaters--people are already upset about the ridiculous cost of seeing a movie in the theater, and tacking on yet another $3/ticket for 3D doesn't help.
And secondly, we need more OTA/Cable 3D content. The Olympics is a good start, but we need more. Otherwise, people won't see the value in buying a 3D TV if there is so little content.
Also, if they can find a cheap way to do glasses-less 3D TVs, that would make a huge stride, but I'm not holding my breath for that one any time soon.

[quote name='crypto186']I read that 3D is just a fade from an article on askmen...Opinions!?

[/QUOTE]

I think it will continue predominately in computer animated movies, which overall have seemed to be the ones that have made the best use of it.

Plus, did he think people were NOT going to see Dark Knight Rises just because it wasn't in 3D? Avengers was released in 3D, and was a huge success. Does that totally refute his argument, since he seems to be basing it on the success of one movie that didn't have a 3D release?

IMO, 3D should add to the experience of a movie, not make up for a crappy plot and acting with a few pop out effects. People definitely won't continue to pay the premium to see a 3D version of a movie, if the 3D is executed poorly, or if it adds nothing to the experience of watching the movie. Avatar was a better experience because of 3D. That's how it should be.

3D has never been truly mainstream, and I don't see it becoming so in the foreseeable future. But today's 3D potential quality is far and away the best it's ever been for movies and TV. I'd hate to see it go away again.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Plus, did he think people were NOT going to see Dark Knight Rises just because it wasn't in 3D?[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is the main reason I haven't seen it yet--don't feel any immediate need to see it if not in 3D!

I still prefer a well made 3d blu, over a 3d theater experience any day of the week. My flagship sony tv produces a better image than what a theater has to offer IMHO.

Just purchased RIO and journey, waiting to watch them this weekend. did anyone pick up the sharks 3d IMAX at BB for 14.99 (after trade up program?) I LOVE sharks.. and should be buying it soon.

[quote name='anderson4145']World wide 3d is very popular. That's the main reason why the new GI Joe got delayed.[/QUOTE]

I thought the main reason was that Paramount (and Hasbro) took a huge hit from Battleship (no thanks to The Avengers) and didn't want to risk G.I.Joe carrying the same fate. Two box office flops within a couple months would be bad. I think the 3D conversion excuse gave them a reason to push it back.

As for 3D, there's an IMAX close to me that charges $15 regardless if it's in 3D or not. I always feel like I'm getting a little extra with it being in 3D.

[quote name='exceed19']I still prefer a well made 3d blu, over a 3d theater experience any day of the week. My flagship sony tv produces a better image than what a theater has to offer IMHO.

Just purchased RIO and journey, waiting to watch them this weekend. did anyone pick up the sharks 3d IMAX at BB for 14.99 (after trade up program?) I LOVE sharks.. and should be buying it soon.[/QUOTE]

The Real3D in my theater looks great, or as great as the source material allows. My TV is very sharp, but I still prefer to watch 3D movies on Blu-ray through my Epson 1080p projector and 100" screen. Not nearly as sharp as the TV, but as good as the theater, and no crying babies, people talking, texting, etc. Last movie I took my kids to see a movie, a woman behind us actually took out her phone and used it as a flashlight to try to find something she dropped. Wait until the movie is over, stupid...

[quote name='Havokscry']I thought the main reason was that Paramount (and Hasbro) took a huge hit from Battleship (no thanks to The Avengers) and didn't want to risk G.I.Joe carrying the same fate. Two box office flops within a couple months would be bad. I think the 3D conversion excuse gave them a reason to push it back.

As for 3D, there's an IMAX close to me that charges $15 regardless if it's in 3D or not. I always feel like I'm getting a little extra with it being in 3D.[/QUOTE]

For sure Battleship really worried the crap out of Paramount. I'm thinking they thought they could put out any crappy movie and make a fist full of cash like transformers does. I know GI Joes 2 tested really poorly with audiences. Apparently nearly every one from the first movie dies within the first 20 mins or so. That really pissed off audiences. Also the movie had all sorts of plot holes and passing issues. I heard they cut a bunch of sh!t out and added in some new scenes. Paramount said they did the 3d conversion to increase foreign box office revenue but that makes little sense to me since we're the only country really into 3d.

[quote name='Sk']For sure Battleship really worried the crap out of Paramount. I'm thinking they thought they could put out any crappy movie and make a fist full of cash like transformers does. I know GI Joes 2 tested really poorly with audiences. Apparently nearly every one from the first movie dies within the first 20 mins or so. That really pissed off audiences. Also the movie had all sorts of plot holes and passing issues. I heard they cut a bunch of sh!t out and added in some new scenes. Paramount said they did the 3d conversion to increase foreign box office revenue but that makes little sense to me since we're the only country really into 3d.[/QUOTE]
Other countries are way more into 3D then the US. China would be a good example of that.

I managed to snag Three Musketeers 3D for $8.60 & The Final Destination 3D for $10.09 during Hastings current sale online. Neither of them are particularly exciting to me, but it's hard for me to pass up 3D blus when they are that cheap. (I had to add a third item to get the 30% off from their promotion, but I just added something cheap into the mix)

[quote name='MetalPinata']I managed to snag Three Musketeers 3D for $8.60 & The Final Destination 3D for $10.09 during Hastings current sale online. Neither of them are particularly exciting to me, but it's hard for me to pass up 3D blus when they are that cheap. (I had to add a third item to get the 30% off from their promotion, but I just added something cheap into the mix)[/QUOTE]
I thought they each had very good 3d.

[quote name='anderson4145']Other countries are way more into 3D then the US. China would be a good example of that.[/QUOTE]

And amazon.de is loaded with older 2D movies converted to 3D Blu-ray (though not sure why anyone would bother--most 3D TVs or BD players will do this to existing BDs and probably give the same results--I'm sure they aren't spending a fortune meticulously converting these films to 3D for blu-ray.)

This was not in the ad and Best Buy doesn't show it as this price online, so it may be YMMV, but my store had Chronicles of Narnia VOTDT 3D for 19.99 so only 14.99 after U&S coupon.

[quote name='KyleN']And amazon.de is loaded with older 2D movies converted to 3D Blu-ray (though not sure why anyone would bother--most 3D TVs or BD players will do this to existing BDs and probably give the same results--I'm sure they aren't spending a fortune meticulously converting these films to 3D for blu-ray.)[/QUOTE]

I found I, Robot... which other ones?

[quote name='bilbobagins3']This was not in the ad and Best Buy doesn't show it as this price online, so it may be YMMV, but my store had Chronicles of Narnia VOTDT 3D for 19.99 so only 14.99 after U&S coupon.[/QUOTE]

Mine did as well so it shouldn't be YMMV. Though today was probably the last day at that price.

[quote name='xhonzi']I found I, Robot... which other ones?[/QUOTE]

I, Robot is actually a real conversion being put out by Fox. The ones I'm talking about are things like a lot of the Syfy channel Saturday movies, Daybreakers, and some other older movies I've never heard of that seem like direct-to-video titles.

Friend came over tonight and we watched Legend of the Guardians with my daughters and myself and he had to take the glasses off due to the 3D effect being "too strong" for him.

I did notice that the depth was quite a bit stronger for that film, but in his case he stated that the quick transition from the scenes with more depth to scenes without as much depth really caused issues for him.

First time that I had heard that from someone watching a movie at the house to this point. Anyone else run into issues like that? It hasn't caused any issues for me, so it was just interesting to hear that.

Thanks to Greenboom on the Blu-ray.com forum for this price drop list.

These are 3D bluray prices after subtracting the $5 upgrade and save coupon.

Captain America 3D 19.99
Thor 3D 19.99
Immortals 3D
Tin Tin 3D 14.99
Drive Angry 14.99
Hugo 3D 14.99
Transfomers Dark of the Moon 14.99

I'm definitely going to pick up Hugo 3D for $14.99. I'd love to get a few more if I had the BB credit or the money this week.

Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs are also $14.99 after the coupons as well.

Those along with Hugo and Tin Tin will make my daughters happy.

[quote name='psunami']Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs are also $14.99 after the coupons as well.

Those along with Hugo and Tin Tin will make my daughters happy.[/QUOTE]
I assume you mean KFP 2 3d or has 1 dropped?

bread's done
Back