3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']I assume you mean KFP 2 3d or has 1 dropped?[/QUOTE]

Nope. 1 has 2 versions and one of them is now 19.99 as well.

Sku is 4169627.

Bought Hugo 3D today for $14.99 after coupon. It said "available" at my store on Bestbuy.com, but I bought the last copy. They must have sold a couple other copies today.

They only had 2 copies of Tin Tin and Transformers 3. I'd like to buy both of those, but I've already spent too much during this upgrade and save.

[quote name='psunami']Nope. 1 has 2 versions and one of them is now 19.99 as well.

Sku is 4169627.[/QUOTE]

Still a little unclear here. Is Kung Fu Panda 1 showing up as $19.99? I know Kung Fu Panda 2 was $19.99.

Thanks.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Still a little unclear here. Is Kung Fu Panda 1 showing up as $19.99? I know Kung Fu Panda 2 was $19.99.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yes, search the SKU Psunami posted above: [quote name='psunami']
4169627.[/QUOTE] (thanks BTW) and you'll see the 3D single disc.
Or Direct link.

It's currently back-ordered online but in-store PU is available at most stores (around me anyways).

[quote name='KyleN']And amazon.de is loaded with older 2D movies converted to 3D Blu-ray (though not sure why anyone would bother--most 3D TVs or BD players will do this to existing BDs and probably give the same results--I'm sure they aren't spending a fortune meticulously converting these films to 3D for blu-ray.)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to weight in on this. I got a copy of A Better Tomorrow 2012 3D Blu from the UK, and I believe this conversion was done by one of the same companies that do the German conversions. It was entirely unwatchable. They simply ran it through some algorithm that worked occasionally, but more often than not, some random red coat from the background was suddenly popping out of the TV, or someone's head was horribly misshapen. I can't imagine any of those are worth a cent.

anyone bought the daybreaker in 3D how is it and where's the best place to buy it at

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone bought the daybreaker in 3D how is it and where's the best place to buy it at[/QUOTE]

If you look at the Amazon.de reviews, most say the 3D is terrible and you'd get better results just letting your TV/player do 2D->3D conversion. Seems to be the general opinion of those older films that weren't shot in 3D and weren't professionally converted for theatrical release in 3D. These are just rushed out to capitalize on the 3D craze (wish we had more of a craze here). But flooding the market with this garbage, they are also causing people to question the value of 3D in general.

[quote name='frpilot']i wonder how films like irobot in 3d will be.[/QUOTE]

I know some people care about native vs. converted 3D. I have no problems with converted 3D as long as it is done properly. I'm looking forward to checking this out as I'm sure Fox spent a lot more time and money converting it to 3D for the Blu-ray than those German companies do. However, I'm not going to purchase the $100 robot head edition.

Avatar Blu-ray 3D Collector's Edition finally comes to retail in October

Despite being one of the most widely viewed 3D movies, and the highest grossing film of all time, viewers still have not been able to buy Avatar on Blu-ray 3D by itself (without paying high prices to resellers) due to an exclusive pack-in deal with Panasonic, but that will change this fall. Fox just announced the Avatar Blu-ray 3D Collector's Edition will debut globally October 15th, and release in North America October 16th. There's no word on any extra special features, as producer Jon Landau indicates in the press release (included after the break) it will contain the theatrical cut of the flick inside special packaging. Originally, the delay in releasing the movie widely on disc in 3D was blamed on a lack of 3DTVs in homes. We'll see if the prospect of watching the $2.7 billion juggernaut "the way it was meant to be seen" according to director James Cameron, nudges more buyers towards a new display this fall. Check below for a video clip of Cameron sharing the news to the movie's fans on Facebook, plus an extra treat that didn't make it into the movie.

[youtube]ofCaw30o_oo[/youtube]

PANDORA COMES TO LIFE LIKE NEVER BEFORE WITH
THE ULTIMATE HOME VIEWING EXPERIENCE AVATAR ON BLU-RAY 3D

Over 33 Million Facebook Fans Receive Exclusive Global Announcement as the Film That Became a Worldwide Phenomenon Arrives on Blu-ray 3D in October

LOS ANGELES, CA. (August 14, 2012) – The world of Pandora has never looked better as over 33 million AVATAR Facebook fans were the first to learn of the upcoming release of the AVATAR Blu-ray 3D Collector's Edition, debuting globally beginning October 15, releasing in North America October 16, from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. A home entertainment experience like no other, for the first time ever, fans will be able to welcome James Cameron's global box office sensation into their homes in stunning 3D high-definition.

"3D television is the future of home entertainment," said James Cameron, the Oscar® winning Director. "I'm a huge proponent of the technology and very pleased that AVATAR can be viewed in the living room the way it is meant to be seen."

"As the number of homes with 3D televisions continues to grow, we thought it was important to bring the biggest 3D film ever right into your living room," continued Jon Landau, Academy Award® winning Producer of Avatar. "This is the only way fans should experience the world of Pandora and this release offers the highest picture quality possible. "Previously only available to consumers through an exclusive deal with Panasonic, the two-disc AVATAR 3D Blu-ray Collector's Edition will feature the original theatrical release and be available in all-new collectible packaging. Seen by more than 310 million people worldwide, the Oscar and Golden Globe winning epic is the highest grossing film of all time, taking in more than $2.7 billion in worldwide box office. It is also top-selling Blu-ray disc of all time.

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.
###

Engdaget

I'm disappointed. I have the 2d extended edition and held out opening my 3d version in March. Now with no really 3d complete super edition, I guess its safe to take off the wrap.

[quote name='Pounce!']I'm disappointed. I have the 2d extended edition and held out opening my 3d version in March. Now with no really 3d complete super edition, I guess its safe to take off the wrap.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping they might include the extended version on a 2D BD in this set, but if they are calling the 3D the way it was meant to be seen, then maybe they won't be including a 2D version at all.

[quote name='KyleN']I was hoping they might include the extended version on a 2D BD in this set, but if they are calling the 3D the way it was meant to be seen, then maybe they won't be including a 2D version at all.[/QUOTE]

I sense an inevitable double-dip by next year. I think they are calling this the definitive version, so to not diminish potential sales. I for one waited for the Director's cut, instead of double dipping.

[quote name='KyleN']I was hoping they might include the extended version on a 2D BD in this set, but if they are calling the 3D the way it was meant to be seen, then maybe they won't be including a 2D version at all.[/QUOTE]Go to the Amazon link above, click on the picture in the item page and then scroll up to the top.

It shows "Blu-Ray 3D / Blu-Ray / DVD" at the top, so it's a BD 3D disc, a BD 2D disc and a DVD disc in one package. My guess is 3D theatrical, 2D theatrical and DVD theatrical with minimal amounts of special features.

If you have the 3-disc extended CE they came out with after the cash-grab bare-bones version, then I'd suggest keeping it if you want the extended version on the 2nd disc and the extras on the 3rd disc.

Dang, I haven't checked to see what's going on with the price of the Panasonic Avatar Blu-ray on eBay, but I'm guessing it's going to be difficult to get anywhere close to as much money for it now... BOO! I bought another starter set for the glasses and I apparently put off selling the Blu-ray for a bit too long...

For some bazaar reason people are still paying 45 to 50 for this right now. I would sell it now if you can. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get 50 for it.

Not sure if this was posted or not as I don't check the thread too often but just got back from Fry's (Woodland Hills, CA) and saw that they had a few 3D blu ray discs for $9.99. I saw Cirque De Soleil and Green Hornet while perusing the aisle.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Articles like this just piss me off, especially the title. It's like he's actually happy about the mere thought of 3D being dead. I can understand not being in to something, or not liking something, but I just don't get the hate for it.

http://m.kotaku.com/5936770/3d-video-games-sounds-as-good-as-dead-good[/QUOTE]

I personally love a good 3d game. Developers are finally making decent looking 3d game. I hope they continue.

[quote name='Vader582']I find the article humorous because I think Kotaku is dead. :)[/QUOTE]

I find it funny that anyone can consider 2 paragraphs an article. furthermore, because peter moore of EA said it's not something there looking into = Dead tech? i didn't realize peter moore influenced tech so greatly!?

Note: He didn't even talk about movies, only 3D gaming but still made no distinction.

[quote name='gambit444']I find it funny that anyone can consider 2 paragraphs an article. furthermore, because peter moore of EA said it's not something there looking into = Dead tech? i didn't realize peter moore influenced tech so greatly!?

Note: He didn't even talk about movies, only 3D gaming but still made no distinction.[/QUOTE]
Even further, I find it humorous that blogs are considered reputable sources of news. :lol: Journalism RIP.

[quote name='Sk']I personally love a good 3d game. Developers are finally making decent looking 3d game. I hope they continue.[/QUOTE]

So far I've played through Dead Space 1 and 2 in 3D and am currently working on Alan Wake and so far all of these games have either needed hacks or mods created by someone other than nVidia or the Devs or in the case of Alan Wake were only partially fixed by the Devs. It's bothersome that PC games aren't implementing it like they initially should and when their customers are asking for fixes they just get partial fixes or no fixes at all. Anyway, the games looked incredible in 3D, it really adds to the experience if you ask me. I wouldn't want to play them any other way.

There's a few games coming out that I'm really interested in and if they come out supporting 3D vision properly I'll buy them on release, Dishonored and Remember Me to name a couple, if not I'll just have to play the waiting game. Wait for someone to fix them or wait for them to plummet in price. As far as Dishonored goes, I googled it and 3D vision and the first thing that popped up was someone asking if it was going to support 3D, basically all the replies were people bashing 3D. I just can't help but think that all this general hating on 3D is ruining it for the people that are into it or would/will be into it when they can.

[quote name='Vader582']I find the article humorous because I think Kotaku is dead. :)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='doubledown']I planned on getting this for my daughter....3D is a bonus...although, I'veread bad things about DD lately, plus they bill right away, correct?[/QUOTE]

I've seen these posts from people claiming they charge right away, but I haven't seen that personally. I poreordered Brave at their $20 price in July and never saw a charge. I also preordered this a few days ago and currently see a pending charge, but I would assume that's normal and will go away.

[quote name='starmask2k3']why did the price go up on it now it's 35.xx[/QUOTE]

Saw that and thought it was the extended cut of the movie in 3D, but it looks like it is theatrical. Amazon may have gotten a lot of pre-orders and decided to push up the price for extra $$$.

[quote name='KyleN']Saw this posted in another forum:
Get $5 off the purchase of Pirates! Band of Misfits on Blu-ray 3D combo pack or Blu-ray combo pack (exp. 10/28/2012) @ coupons.com[/QUOTE]If you want the 3D combo pack, take the coupon to Target and get it for $22.99 AC + tax.

Amazon has the 3D combo pack for $24.99 right now, so it ends up being about a dollar or so to have Amazon send it to you versus going to Target to pick it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you want the 3D combo pack, take the coupon to Target and get it for $22.99 AC + tax.

Amazon has the 3D combo pack for $24.99 right now, so it ends up being about a dollar or so to have Amazon send it to you versus going to Target to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Walmart also has the 3D combo for $25, but I cant remember if they accept the coupons from the site. I only noticed it because I was going to buy it before I went to my Server class today but forgot too.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Walmart also has the 3D combo for $25, but I cant remember if they accept the coupons from the site. I only noticed it because I was going to buy it before I went to my Server class today but forgot too.[/QUOTE]I've used Coupons.com coupons at Walmart before. That would be the best deal with it being $20 AC + tax.

I got lucky and was able to get BB to price match Walmart by showing the CSR the listing on the Walmart app on my phone. Top that with the $5 manu coupon and a $5 RZ cert and I left happy, paying just $15 in trade credit.

[quote name='trunks982']is the movie that bad? i like the first piranha though.[/QUOTE]
I heard it was bad, however it was shot in 3d unlike the first one so it should at least look good.

[quote name='anderson4145']I heard it was bad, however it was shot in 3d unlike the first one so it should at least look good.[/QUOTE]

Both Piranha movies are so bad they are good. I found the second one to be even more over the top and funny than the first. The 3D was better and if you enjoyed the first you'd like the second.

I ordered the coraline AND shark night 3d for 24.xx SHIPPED from the UK amazon just now. Coraline was awesome, and I own the standard blu of it, so that will be for sale for like $8 shipped soon, and shark night was not a great movie - but I love all shark movies.

So tempted to get piranha 3dd, but ive seen it before, and it sucked compared to the first one. def two steps down, and the only thing cool was more 3d tittahs.

[quote name='exceed19']I ordered the coraline AND shark night 3d for 24.xx SHIPPED from the UK amazon just now. Coraline was awesome, and I own the standard blu of it, so that will be for sale for like $8 shipped soon, and shark night was not a great movie - but I love all shark movies.

So tempted to get piranha 3dd, but ive seen it before, and it sucked compared to the first one. def two steps down, and the only thing cool was more 3d tittahs.[/QUOTE]

I believe Shark Night 3D is Region B locked. I would definitely look into that before it ships unless you have a region free 3d player.

bread's done
Back