3D Blu-Ray thread

AngellicLulu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I decided to put a list together of currently available and soon to be available 3D blu-rays and I will keep a current list of the exclusives. I am keeping it to US available. I am only focusing on those blu-rays that require a 3D television/blu-ray player.

Currently Available (Non-exclusives)
3D Aquarium
3D Magic Forest
3D Safari Africa
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Adventure Coral Reef Under the Sea of Egypt
The Adventures of Tintin
Alice in Wonderland
Amazing Nature
Amazing Ocean
The Amazing Spider-Man
Amazon In the Heart of Wild Nature
Arthur Christmas
The Avengers
Bait
Beauty and the Beast
Bolt
Brave
Captain America: The First Avenger
Cars
Cars 2
Cats & Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
Chicken Little
A Christmas Carol
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Cirque Du Soleil - Worlds Away
Clash of the Titans
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Conan the Barbarian
Coraline
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Classic Monsters Collection)
Croods
The Darkest Hour
Day of the Dead
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
Dial M for Murder
Dolphin Tale
Dredd
Drive Angry
Epic
Escape from Planet Earth
Fascination Coral Reef
Fascination Coral Reef Mysterious Worlds Underwater
The Final Destination
Final Destination 5
Finding Nemo
Flying Monsters (40 min. cut)
Flying Monsters (70 min. cut) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (HK - English subs)
Frankenweenie
Fright Night
G-Force
Galapagos Charles Darwin's Big Adventure
Gamer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Ghosts of the Abyss
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Glee: The 3D Concert Movie
Gnomeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
The Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Guardians of the Lost Code (Brijes)
Gulliver's Travels
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters with Digibook (Target exclusive)
Happy Feet Two
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Best Buy Exclusive)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Best Buy Exclusive)
A Haunting in Salem
History in 3D
History of the World in Two Hours
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Theatrical)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (extended edition)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil
Hotel Transylvania
House of Wax
How to Train Your Dragon
Hugo
I, Robot
Ice Age: Continental Drift
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
IMAX: Arabia
IMAX: Born to Be Wild
IMAX: Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man
IMAX: Deep Sea
IMAX: Dinosaurs Alive!
IMAX: Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia
IMAX: Dolphins and Whales
IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure - River at Risk
IMAX: Hubble
IMAX: Legends of Flight
IMAX: Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs
IMAX: Ocean Wonderland
IMAX: Rescue
IMAX: Sea Rex: Journey to a Prehistoric World
IMAX: Sharks
IMAX: Space Station
IMAX: To the Arctic
IMAX: The Ultimate Wave - Tahiti
IMAX: Ultimate G's - Zac's Flying Dream
IMAX: Under the Sea
IMAX: Wild Ocean
Immortals
Iron Man 3
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jillian's Travels: Africa
John Carter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Jurassic Park
Katy Perry: Part of Me
Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3D
Khumba
Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Last Airbender (Best Buy Exclusive)
Legend of the Guardians
Life of Pi
The Lion King
The Lion of Judah
The Little Mermaid
Little Rascals Best of Our Gang
The Lorax
Lord of the Dance
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Mars in 3D: Images from the Viking Mission
Mars Needs Moms
Meet the Robinsons
Megamind
Men in Black III
Monster House
A Monster in Paris
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters University
Monsters vs. Aliens
My Bloody Valentine
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Night of the Living Dead: Re-Animation
Nitro Circus: The Movie
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film
Open Season
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Peter Gabriel: New Blood - Live in London
Piano Pieces from Mozart, Elgar & Pezzone
Piranha 3D
Piranha 3DD
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The Polar Express
Priest
Prometheus
Puss in Boots
Resident Evil Afterlife
Resident Evil: Retribution
Rio
Rise of the Guardians
Sadako
Sanctum
Satchurated: Live in Montreal
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Scorpions: Get Your Sting & Blackout Live
Sector 7 (Korean - English subs)
Secret of the Wings
The Shock Labyrinth (JP - English subs)
Shrek
Shrek 2
Shrek the Third
Shrek Forever After
Silent Hill: Revelation
The Smurfs
Spiders
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011: The 3D Experience
Spy Kids Game Over/Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
Star Trek Into Darkness (Starfleet Phaser Limited Edition Gift Set)
Step Up 3D
Step Up Revolution
Tangled
Tekken: Blood Vengeance
Texas Chainsaw
Thor
The Three Musketeers
Titanic
Titanic: 100 Years in 3D
Top Gun
Tormented
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Collection
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Tron Legacy
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron
Tron Legacy + 2D Tron (Special Edition)
A Turtle's Tale 2: Sammy's Escape from Paradise
Underworld: Awakening
Up
Upside Down (2D/3D BD or BD/DVD Combo)
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
The Universe in 3D
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition (Collector's Edition)
Wrath of the Titans
Wrath of the Titans (Steelbook) (Best Buy Exclusive)
Wreck-It Ralph
WWII in 3D
Yogi Bear

Coming Soon

TBA

The Hole
Madagascar
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Resident Evil: Damnation
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

For Blu-ray 3D Trading:
Cheap Ass Gamer - Official 3D Blu-ray Trade Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hearing from various forums that Best Buy are giving some a hard time about using the trade up coupons with 3D movies.
Anyone have any issues this week?

[quote name='Zimmy']I'm hearing from various forums that Best Buy are giving some a hard time about using the trade up coupons with 3D movies.
Anyone have any issues this week?[/QUOTE]I haven't had any issues the last few times I've done it.

anyone get Prometheus yet? Is the extra content good? I saw it in 3d in the movies and it looks really good in 3D, not really pop out in your face but just really nice and comfortable

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone get Prometheus yet? Is the extra content good? I saw it in 3d in the movies and it looks really good in 3D, not really pop out in your face but just really nice and comfortable[/QUOTE]

Just received it but have yet to fire it up, very interested to see the deleted scenes. Wound up going with the 3D package. Glad to see you enjoyed the 3D as I saw it in 2D in theaters.

[quote name='lross']Just received it but have yet to fire it up, very interested to see the deleted scenes. Wound up going with the 3D package. Glad to see you enjoyed the 3D as I saw it in 2D in theaters.[/QUOTE]

yea plus its only $25 at bestbuy and u get 3d with regular blu ray, dvd and digital copy combo pack

Just picked up Prometheus at Bestbuy. 4 disc collectors edition is awesome! it says 7 hours of extras plus an alternate opening and ending!! hell yeah

Watched Prometheus and thought the 3D was fantastic. Haven't watched the extras but considering its a 3 hour documentary by the Alien Quadrilogy guy I imagine it will be as good as those (i.e. fantastic).

[quote name='Zimmy']I'm hearing from various forums that Best Buy are giving some a hard time about using the trade up coupons with 3D movies.
Anyone have any issues this week?[/QUOTE]

Just picked up Hugo 3D combo pack with no issues.

I haven't yet *knocks on wood*

This time around I bought Promethues 3d without any problems.

During the last U&S I bought Thor 3d, Captain America 3d, Hugo 3d, Tin Tin 3d, and Transformers DOTM 3d. I didn't even mix them with any regular blurays. I just bought the 3D bluray combo packs by themselves.

I got denied because the associate said the coupons only work on retail prices and Prometheus was on sale. I didn't even have my DVD with so figured it was no big deal but I could see that scenario happening to others.

I picked up the Prometheus 3D set. (I really wanted the additional extra features disc) Unfortunately, my brother is getting married this weekend and I simply do not have the time to check out the special features. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to it some time next week.

Picked up Prometheus 3D yesterday no problem, but the cashier did tell me the system wouldn't ring up the coupon for some titles earlier in the week. Seems to be fixed though.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I got denied because the associate said the coupons only work on retail prices and Prometheus was on sale. I didn't even have my DVD with so figured it was no big deal but I could see that scenario happening to others.[/QUOTE]

I know at the store I go to the issue wasn't the movie you were buying buy rather the coupons themselves. The coupons wouldn't scan right, they had to use 5 of the mobile upgrade coupons instead of the ones they had at customer service. This U&S has been one of the most poorly run of all the times they have done it from what I have seen.

I was told by the customer service manager that they don't work on 3D movies when I picked up Prometheus. The coupon didn't ring for the 3D combo pack, but worked on ET and Red Dawn. She gave it to me anyway, and I did point out that I use them on 3D disks all the time, and that they advertise the discount on 3D disks in their flyers.

Also, she wouldn't let me get a coupon without using it immediately because "they expire on the 20th". I pointed out that the 20th was 11 days away but she didn't care.

Best Buy is sooo notorious for having the least trained, idiotic people working for them. Every time I have a store pickup, preorder, coupon, etc. I absolutely dread dealing with them, but it's kinda fun to see how many people it takes to solve a simple problem. Best Buy is really hurting in sales and the company is not doing well. I would say at least 50% of this could be fixed, by just training your employees, and making the POS more user friendly for the employee's......

How are people having issues? It's in the weekly ad that the 3d Prometheus is 19.99 after coupon. Just make them look at their own weekly ad. That should debunk both the 3d and sale price issue.

[quote name='anderson4145']Has anyone watched Bait 3d? Thinking about getting it but want to know how the 3d/movie is. Since they are making another it must have been allright.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was OK. It has a mainly non-american cast (aussie I think?). I would rate it at a 7/10 - and I love shark movies. The 3d effect was predictable, but there were a few cool scenes. I am on the fence about recommending it as a purchase, but give a full rental recommendation. If you like shark/horror movies then it is a good addition to your collection, however if your looking for something to really display your 3d tv, I would say pick something else.

In my case, I traded in five DVDs and while waiting for some CS rep to help me, went to gather the BRs I was purchasing. Prometheus 3D was one of them. Made my purchase, went back to work and realized despite the coupon being scanned, it didn't actually take $5 off. Had to go back and argue for about five minutes but finally got it.

I picked up Prometheus today. It's a blind buy for me, but I'm a big fan of the Alien Trilogy (AvP not so much). I hope I'm not let down.

I picked up Prometheus 3D, Hugo 3D, and TinTin 3D @ BB this week using Upgrade & Save coupons. :D
I'm looking forward to picking up Avatar 3D on Tuesday as well.

I'm considering grabbing Captain America 3D & Thor 3D for $19.99 each, but I'm thinking they might get cheaper down the line.
On a related note, has anyone seen the new Ghost Rider? If so, was it any good?
How about Drive Angry or Immortals?

[quote name='Gameboy415']I picked up Prometheus 3D, Hugo 3D, and TinTin 3D @ BB this week using Upgrade & Save coupons. :D

I'm considering grabbing Captain America 3D & Thor 3D for $19.99 each, but I'm thinking they might get cheaper down the line.
How about Drive Angry or Immortals?[/QUOTE]
I've seen Immortals, and while it wasn't the best movie (3D or otherwise), I enjoyed it well enough.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I picked up Prometheus 3D, Hugo 3D, and TinTin 3D @ BB this week using Upgrade & Save coupons. :D

How about Drive Angry or Immortals?[/QUOTE]

Rented Ghost Rider and hated it. Nothing like the first one. Saw Immortals at the theaters. Good movie to watch once and that's it.

[quote name='Gameboy415']
[/QUOTE]

I got both of them for that price when The Avengers came out, they had them on sale for that price.

Highly doubt you will ever see them less than that.

I also thought Ghost Rider was pretty bad. Took me 3 nights to finish it. I did like Immortals and Drive Angry. Drive Angry was just a fun movie with a fair amount of good 3D use.

I, like a lot of others, went and picked up Prometheus 3D and the Alien Trilogy with the upgrade and save coupons. Next week Avatar 3D. Wish Alien Resurrection was on sale for 9.99 also for the complete Alien collection (disregarding AVP)

Just a heads up if anyone cares the new Avatar 3d release is exactly the same as the Panasonic exclusive one. So there's no need to "upgrade" if you already own it.

[quote name='anderson4145']Just a heads up if anyone cares the new Avatar 3d release is exactly the same as the Panasonic exclusive one. So there's no need to "upgrade" if you already own it.[/QUOTE]

Really? No special features at all? So just different artwork and DVD for $20. Lucky, I'll stick to Panny 3D and ECE.

[quote name='kilik64']I got both of them for that price when The Avengers came out, they had them on sale for that price.

Highly doubt you will ever see them less than that.[/QUOTE]

If Harry Potter went for 10 bucks last year anything is possible. I am really hoping for some cheap 3D movies before Christmas.

[quote name='pvtpyle']I also thought Ghost Rider was pretty bad. Took me 3 nights to finish it. I did like Immortals and Drive Angry. Drive Angry was just a fun movie with a fair amount of good 3D use.

I, like a lot of others, went and picked up Prometheus 3D and the Alien Trilogy with the upgrade and save coupons. Next week Avatar 3D. Wish Alien Resurrection was on sale for 9.99 also for the complete Alien collection (disregarding AVP)[/QUOTE]

Why did you get the trilogy? I got the quadrilogy for 24.99, prometheus 3d, and both avp's when I went, along with the newer friday the 13th and new ghost rider 3d.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If Harry Potter went for 10 bucks last year anything is possible. I am really hoping for some cheap 3D movies before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I think Harry Potter went so cheap because each store had like 50+ copies sitting there collecting dust. My store had an endcap completely packed with them, and when it was on sale for $10, they didn't put a sale sign on it and they sold maybe a copy or two.

[quote name='Pounce!']The Harry Potter 3Ds were BBY exclusives last year. Guess they had too many. (also were a PS3 bundle iirc)[/QUOTE]

This. And yes, they also had the the PS3 bundle. I got one for $200 earlier this year because they were trying to get rid of them.

I've got Avatar 2D, while the movie was a solid 7/10 from me, it's not something I'd wanna watch a lot. Is the 3D *that* much better? As in, is it the life-changing experience everyone said it was? I saw it first on blu-ray, not in the theaters.

[quote name='plus1zero']I've got Avatar 2D, while the movie was a solid 7/10 from me, it's not something I'd wanna watch a lot. Is the 3D *that* much better? As in, is it the life-changing experience everyone said it was? I saw it first on blu-ray, not in the theaters.[/QUOTE]
Life changing experience, no movie is that good. It is way better than the 2d version though.

[quote name='anderson4145']Just a heads up if anyone cares the new Avatar 3d release is exactly the same as the Panasonic exclusive one. So there's no need to "upgrade" if you already own it.[/QUOTE]

I care, I care a helluva lot. I've waited 2 years just to watch t because it's such a showpiece in 3D and now I'll obviously have been hit with the triple-dip (assuming I bought the Super BluRay edition which I didn't).

I know it's standard for these absurd rerelease schedules to have new versions of big "franchises" coming ever 8-12 months but this is getting ridiculous.

[quote name='calister23']The 3D Triple pack of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Monster House, and Open season dropped back down to 19.25 in pounds which works out to about 32.50 shipped to the US. This may have been posted before but it had spiked up to 35 pounds so I have been waiting for another drop to this price range and thought I'd share it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cloudy-Chance-Meatballs-Monster-Blu-ray/dp/B005KJ6DJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350318177&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I picked 1 up. That's not bad for 11 dollars for each movie. I just hope they are Region Free.

Slightly off topic, but I finally rented my first 3D movie from VUDU with the credit I had. I got Piranha 3DD and I noticed it had some ghosting...really bad in some spots. I only rented the HD version, not the HDX. Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

Bolt & Nightmare Before Christmas are both $19.99 at Best Buy, Coraline is $17.97 too but from what I've read in other forums for those that care the slip is a hit and miss.

I picked up Coraline and Nightmare Before Christmas, I would have picked up Bolt but I was unsure if I had it on 3D or not which I don't. =/

I only got a few minutes into Nightmare Before Christmas when I noticed
one of the branches on the tree with the hangmen was at the wrong depth. It's right at the beginning during the song. On the right arm, his left, there's 3, I think, vertical branches and, if I remember right, the one in the middle is at the wrong depth. I did the whole rewind pause thing to double check
and after that I stopped watching it. Part of me wishes I didn't notice it at all
but after I did that's all I would be looking for. Not that I was looking for it to begin with, it just really stood out to me.

:br: I, Robot 3D Blu-ray Gift Set with Limited Edition "Sonny" Sculpture (Comic Con 2012 Exclusive) [86/250]

35d6bd5.jpg

3477ngi.jpg

34ir86o.jpg

10qx8qg.jpg

2la4v7t.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: I, Robot 3D Blu-ray Gift Set with Limited Edition "Sonny" Sculpture (Comic Con 2012 Exclusive) [86/250]
[/QUOTE]

That says 3-disc while the regular release is only 2 discs - a 3D+2D movie-only disc plus DVD (which seems like the original DVD release). I wish they had included the original 2D blu-ray disc instead of the DVD as that was loaded with bonus features. I hope these bare-bones 3D releases like Avatar and I, Robot don't become the trend.

bread's done
Back