3DS Ambassador games available now!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Best part about mixing old game with new technology:

Using Game Notes to write down my Metroid code :D

--

Oh, and here's some interesting info about the Ambassador game saves. Take this with a grain of salt and know that I'm just the messenger, not the writer ;D:

http://purenintendo.com/2011/08/31/psa-3ds-ambassador-games-do-not-save-once-3ds-is-turned-off/

It's poorly written but this is what I made of it: As long as you don't shut your 3DS down your NES games should resume from where you left off. To be safe, you should exit a NES game by tapping the Home button then tapping [X Close] on the lower screen. If you don't do this then shutting down your system will reset your NES game data. Keeping your system on standby shouldn't affect your game states.

I haven't tested out the reset myself because I'm a lazy bastard and I don't want to ruin my current Metroid progress :D[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this works for Zelda 2, at least. I always shut down the system with the Home button. When I was testing out the different SD cards for that one guy, I noticed the option came up to resume my previous game.

[quote name='sayu']I can confirm this works for Zelda 2, at least. I always shut down the system with the Home button. When I was testing out the different SD cards for that one guy, I noticed the option came up to resume my previous game.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to hit the X button, just exiting via the Home button is enough. I noticed this tonight. Pretty sweet. Now I don't have to wait to finally play through Metroid.

[quote name='omyard']You don't need to hit the X button, just exiting via the Home button is enough. I noticed this tonight. Pretty sweet. Now I don't have to wait to finally play through Metroid.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I tried to be clever and illustrate the actual "Close" button with the little "X" ;) But yes, I did mean to just imply "Close". I've edited my post above.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for pointing that out. I tried to be clever and illustrate the actual "Close" button with the little "X" ;) But yes, I did mean to just imply "Close". I've edited my post above.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was just trying to say you don't need to close down the game. Just hit home and select the next thing you want to go into and it'll create a save state.

Wait, so this is the official way of downloading these games? I didn't download them yesterday but at least expected to see some instructions in the eshop news, if not some sort of bulk downloader or something.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']Darn, you beat me to it. I just had to download them first before coming here.

And in case someone is wondering just HOW to download these, and I'm positive someone is:

1. Go to the eShop.
2. Select "Settings/Other".
3. Select "Your Downloads".
4. Select "Redownload" on a title.
5. Select "Download".
7. Select "Continue".
8. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 10 more times (the 10th time for the Ambassador Certificate).[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for putting the instructions on how to download them. I was kind of freaking out, thinking I wasn't an ambassador for some reason. You'd think it would be the first icon when you open the e-shop. Again, thank you!! :applause:

just a newb at eshop. took me liek an hour to figure out i had to system update to get to it. thanks for the link:)

[quote name='david12795']this ambassador deal just sweeten the deal for me seeing as a i bought a 3ds on amazon for $108, cant beat that :D[/QUOTE]
I hate you?

[quote name='Dranakin']Actually, Nintendo says it does take a lot of work to add 3D. That's why they only have plans for six 3D classics at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Wish they wouldn't have wasted effort on Urban Champion then. What the hell was that about?

[quote name='tranceFusion']Wait, so this is the official way of downloading these games? I didn't download them yesterday but at least expected to see some instructions in the eshop news, if not some sort of bulk downloader or something.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not to be a cranky dick about free stuff, but this is the MOST cumbersome download system ever in history. I have to go back through the menus to "your downloads" for each one, scroll through the bazillion DSiWare games I bought, clunk clunk, and finally find the NES games.

If left to my own devices, it would have taken me ages to even figure out that this is how we're meant to get the games. I thought they'd be on the eShop somewhere for us, not just hiding out. How are people supposed to know how to get the things? Maybe they'll put up a notification eventually.

Anyway yeah sorry to whine. I'm happy to have the games. :)

I can't figure out why x button works on the metroid menu screen to choose new or continue. Didn't start or select used to do that? Nes didn't have an x for all u babies

I heard that the Ambassador Certificate automatically downloads the GBA games whenever they are released. Is that true? O_O

And does that mean they are releasing separately? (And not all 10 at once?)

I read online that the Ambassador games count toward coins for Club Nintendo, but I checked my account online and there was no surveys available for any of the NES games. Anyone else run into this?

My Club Nintendo account was already tied to my 3DS system as I got the surveys for the Virtual Console Game Boy games I bought when the eShop when it first went up.

[quote name='KiySeph']I read online that the Ambassador games count toward coins for Club Nintendo, but I checked my account online and there was no surveys available for any of the NES games. Anyone else run into this?

My Club Nintendo account was already tied to my 3DS system as I got the surveys for the Virtual Console Game Boy games I bought when the eShop when it first went up.[/QUOTE]

It could be that the Ambassador games that qualify for Club Nintendo coins will be the full-upgraded versions that will later be available on the eShop.

That, or it'll just be a little while before these games are reflected on Club Nintendo.

In other words, patience.

[quote name='Dranakin'] Club Nintendo ....Club Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Which treehouse do i sent my questions too?

Wonder how long it took them to come up with the name.

[quote name='KiySeph']
My Club Nintendo account was already tied to my 3DS system as I got the surveys for the Virtual Console Game Boy games I bought when the eShop when it first went up.[/QUOTE]

speaking of Club Nintendo. how long does it take for a post play survey to arrive on your "to do" list when you log on to club nintendo? I downloaded free Pokedex 3d a few days ago, but have not received a post play survey yet.

i don't know if i actually played pokedex 3d. i downloaded it because it was free and started it up but didn't know how to play so i just exited it. do i have to actually play it somehow for the post play survey to be sent?

[quote name='frpilot']speaking of Club Nintendo. how long does it take for a post play survey to arrive on your "to do" list when you log on to club nintendo? I downloaded free Pokedex 3d a few days ago, but have not received a post play survey yet.

i don't know if i actually played pokedex 3d. i downloaded it because it was free and started it up but didn't know how to play so i just exited it. do i have to actually play it somehow for the post play survey to be sent?[/QUOTE]

If I recall, you get a Post Play Survey 1 week after you purchase the title. I doubt it matters if you actually play the game, it should be on your To Do List soon.

[quote name='frpilot']speaking of Club Nintendo. how long does it take for a post play survey to arrive on your "to do" list when you log on to club nintendo? I downloaded free Pokedex 3d a few days ago, but have not received a post play survey yet.

i don't know if i actually played pokedex 3d. i downloaded it because it was free and started it up but didn't know how to play so i just exited it. do i have to actually play it somehow for the post play survey to be sent?[/QUOTE]

No, you don't have to actually play it to see the post-play survey. Like the poster above said, just give it a few days and you'll see it.

It's also not really a game. It's more of an information index with some AR functionality tied in. The survey asks you to review it as if it were a game (I took it yesterday), but I just answered as if it were an application (which it is).

[quote name='dgwillia006']I heard that the Ambassador Certificate automatically downloads the GBA games whenever they are released. Is that true? O_O[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. From what I recall of Nintendo's description, it just notifies you via SpotPass when the games are available.

[quote name='KiySeph']I read online that the Ambassador games count toward coins for Club Nintendo, but I checked my account online and there was no surveys available for any of the NES games. Anyone else run into this?[/QUOTE]
Give it a week and they should be available. I'm pretty sure they are just post-play surveys, which take seven days to show up.

[quote name='6er']Which treehouse do i sent my questions too?

Wonder how long it took them to come up with the name.[/QUOTE]

...what?

This should be moved to other deals and requests. It isn't like people who just bought a 3DS can get in on this.

[quote name='Gosha']This should be moved to other deals and requests. It isn't like people who just bought a 3DS can get in on this.[/QUOTE]

It really belongs in the DS/3DS forums . . . not sure why a mod hasn't moved it yet. Not a deal at all.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Wrong. Sorry, try again.[/QUOTE]

Well, you really backed up your argument as to why this is a deal . . . not really. Just saying it is doesn't make it one. Sorry, try again! :lol:

[quote name='Gosha']This should be moved to other deals and requests. It isn't like people who just bought a 3DS can get in on this.[/QUOTE]

So YMMV threads should be moved to other deals and requests?

[quote name='chimpmeister']It really belongs in the DS/3DS forums . . . not sure why a mod hasn't moved it yet. Not a deal at all.[/QUOTE]

So every time a game is released for free, it shouldn't be in the deals forums?

Get the fuck out of here, pseudo forum police. No one gives a shit.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Wrong. Sorry, try again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']Well, you really backed up your argument as to why this is a deal . . . not really. Just saying it is doesn't make it one. Sorry, try again! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Posts like these will be deleted. Some negative posts I remembered (and my replies to it) were deleted.

Stop complaining. It's a heads up for most of us that were early adopters of the system (and people who were lucky to get it for $170 before Aug. 8).

[quote name='chimpmeister']Well, you really backed up your argument as to why this is a deal . . . not really. Just saying it is doesn't make it one. Sorry, try again! :lol:[/QUOTE]
If you weren't too busy trolling, you would see that the argument has already been made by myself and others on just the previous page. Your opinion is invalid compared to the truth.

[quote name='6er']I can't figure out why x button works on the metroid menu screen to choose new or continue. Didn't start or select used to do that? Nes didn't have an x for all u babies[/QUOTE]

I read that on other Virtual Console titles (I believe it was specifically the Game Boy titles) the X button did the same function as the Select button. This may be the same case for NES titles.

[quote name='KiySeph']I read online that the Ambassador games count toward coins for Club Nintendo, but I checked my account online and there was no surveys available for any of the NES games. Anyone else run into this?

[quote name='Dranakin']It could be that the Ambassador games that qualify for Club Nintendo coins will be the full-upgraded versions that will later be available on the eShop.

That, or it'll just be a little while before these games are reflected on Club Nintendo.

In other words, patience.[/QUOTE]

This is possible. We won't (or shouldn't, at least) even be able to receive Post Play surveys for them right now, since the Ambassador titles have not even been added to our registration lists. I'm not suggesting that we are due the (usually) better paying Registration surveys, but that we only receive Post Play surveys for registered titles. If the title is not even registered to our account we wouldn't get any surveys for them.

Post Play surveys will appear exactly 7 days after a title is registered, which is automatically done for you for downloadable titles at the time you purchase them. Post Play surveys are good for up to 120 days after the title is registered.

I'll take that one.

The thing is this is the final act of a deal. The deal was purchase a ($250) 3DS and log in to the eShop before the 12th of August and receive these Ambassador games as a result.

The only thing that you might consider a problem is that the OP of this thread was lazy and instead of finding the thread that this deal was originally in he created a second thread about it, probably also because he could then have the title state that the games were available a day early.

It is still the same deal. If we were talking about a standard "buy 1 get 1 free" deal, would it be expected that any talk of the free item be restricted to the Free board? No.

The only real course of action for you is to ask a mod to merge this thread with the original, which may or may not be more effort to that mod than it's worth.

I like it when keyboard warriors decide what's a deal and what isn't. Free is a deal. Time early is a deal.

[quote name='testaroo']Sorry posted on wrong thread[/QUOTE]

:roll:

You know, when you edited your post, you could've just deleted it.

[quote name='vlv723']Posts like these will be deleted. Some negative posts I remembered (and my replies to it) were deleted.

Stop complaining. It's a heads up for most of us that were early adopters of the system (and people who were lucky to get it for $170 before Aug. 8).[/QUOTE]

No they won't be deleted, because once again, this is not a deal . . . and it belongs in the DS/3DS forum. That's where it should have been posted to begin with. Why is it that the 3DS forum is so dead? Because you people who own 3DS systems are too lazy to even go there and look at the threads, and post there? Thats kind of sad. Take a look at the 3DS forums when you get a chance, and I suggest that you actually post there when this kind of situation (a "non-deal") occurs. Sadly, 99% of the 3DS owners don't even bother to browse the DS/3DS forums, or post there for that matter.

Was this a deal? No. It was a notice that the free games that Nintendo offered in a desperate attempt to get people to buy the 3DS were available ONE DAY EARLY. That's not a deal, thats NEWS. Nothing more.

As for the heads up, maybe if you tracked the 3DS forums and people actually posted there, the heads up could have been posted there? Novel thought, but you might want to think about it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So YMMV threads should be moved to other deals and requests?

So every time a game is released for free, it shouldn't be in the deals forums?

Get the fuck out of here, pseudo forum police. No one gives a shit.[/QUOTE]

Actually, plenty of people "give a shit", and would rather not see this kind of non-deal crap posted in the "Videogame Deals" forums. A little less arrogance, please.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Actually, plenty of people "give a shit", and would rather not see this kind of non-deal crap posted in the "Videogame Deals" forums. A little less arrogance, please.[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out of here, no one cares about your fucking opinion you pussy ass troll. Obviously your lazy ass has not contacted Pooky, Shrike, any mod or even Cheapy about merging and if so they obviously blew you off. Funny how you're so annoyed about the location of this thread, but your ignorant ass keeps it on the front page. Whiny ass bitch! No one needs you here. This is obviously your only contribution here because others have seen your trolling elsewhere.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']The thing is this is the final act of a deal. The deal was purchase a ($250) 3DS and log in to the eShop before the 12th of August and receive these Ambassador games as a result.

The only thing that you might consider a problem is that the OP of this thread was lazy and instead of finding the thread that this deal was originally in he created a second thread about it, probably also because he could then have the title state that the games were available a day early.

It is still the same deal. If we were talking about a standard "buy 1 get 1 free" deal, would it be expected that any talk of the free item be restricted to the Free board? No.

The only real course of action for you is to ask a mod to merge this thread with the original, which may or may not be more effort to that mod than it's worth.[/QUOTE]

This is a "DEAL" like Shisno states chimp. Just because the free games came a few weeks after the announcement of the Ambassador's Program doesn't negate the "DEAL". l love how ignorance flows in forums, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it comes from the "CHIMP".

Deal Douche Bag Brigade in full force again today. Do you guys ever give it a rest?

Get a fucking job, get a girl friend, play your fucking back log.

You obviously have way too much fucking time if you can come in here and bitch about every thread that is not a deal to your definition.

God damn.

[quote name='neudog']Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out of here, no one cares about your fucking opinion you pussy ass troll. Obviously your lazy ass has not contacted Pooky, Shrike, any mod or even Cheapy about merging and if so they obviously blew you off. Funny how you're so annoyed about the location of this thread, but your ignorant ass keeps it on the front page. Whiny ass bitch! No one needs you here. This is obviously your only contribution here because others have seen your trolling elsewhere.

This is a "DEAL" like Shisno states chimp. Just because the free games came a few weeks after the announcement of the Ambassador's Program doesn't negate the "DEAL". l love how ignorance flows in forums, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it comes from the "CHIMP".[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I already told you guys, all he does is troll nintendo deals. It's his sole reason for existence.

If this was about the PS Vita instead of Nintendo, Chimpy would fall all over himself to felate the "deal."

But because it's not, he has to play jr forum police, even though I'm sure the mods have already seen this thread.

[quote name='neudog']

[/QUOTE]

Only reason why Chimpmeister is on the "not a deal" bandwagon now is he'll take any ammunition he can get for his anti-3DS crusade. The guy is insane and he's been consistently in every 3DS thread since the preorder thread was put up. He'll join any threads with negative comments about Nintendo and create threads to link to any news articles critical of Nintendo.

As for the people who don't think this is in the right forums, let the mods decide whether something is worthwhile or just clutter.

Whether or not you agree with this guy's suggestion, at least he's doing it right rather than just whining and counter-productively bumping the thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302753

[quote name='b3b0p']Deal Douche Bag Brigade in full force again today. Do you guys ever give it a rest?

Get a fucking job, get a girl friend, play your fucking back log.

[/QUOTE]

Epic win. I chuckled for a minute. b3b0p is my new hero.

Chimp needs to do what he does best. Eat a banana with one bite. :D

This is an awesome deal.

Not quite sure why this would be in the deals section since its free. Now maybe if they only cost a buck then that would be a deal.

But its not like its a deal since not everyone can partake of it, its not a deal because its free (we have a free section after all) and its not even a free deal because its to late for anyone who hasnt got a 3ds before the deadline to get one retroactively. So this isnt a deal, its just a announcement of a free offer for certain select people.

TAKE 2! AAANNNDDD ACTION:
(but this time it'll be the short version)

[quote name='6er']I can't figure out why x button works on the metroid menu screen to choose new or continue. Didn't start or select used to do that? Nes didn't have an x for all u babies[/QUOTE]

X does the same thing as select on the GB VC games, and probably here with the NES VC games too.

[quote name='Dranakin']It could be that the Ambassador games that qualify for Club Nintendo coins will be the full-upgraded versions that will later be available on the eShop.

In other words, patience.[/QUOTE]

Probably the full games, because the current games aren't even registered to our accounts so we shouldn't even be getting our Post Play surveys for now.

Post Play surveys are available starting 7 days after registering a game (registering a downloadable game is done automatically when you purchase it) and is available for up to 120 days after registration.

Is it me or do the games look really great? Super Mario Bros. was pretty crisp. Could have just been my sleepy eyes last night as I was trying to download everything before I passed out (What a pain, but free is free)

Just DLed them this morning and am loving Yoshi and look forward to Donkey Kong Jr.

Had to call Nintendo to figure out where to DL them :lol:

has anyone figured out how to change the buttons on super mario bros. it feels so awkward the way it is now...

The ambassador games are showing up on my account now I am just waiting for post-play surveys. I am going to finally reach Platinum level this year!

bread's done
Back