rayword45

CAG Newbie
Games:
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Zelda Oracle of Ages - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99 - Ends 6/10

All sales end at 9 AM PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zmonkay']Got Guild01 except AeroPorter. Like puzzle games but that doesn't look that hot. Anyone convince me otherwise?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up this morning and managed to stumble through a few levels. Normally I'm not a fan of puzzle games but I have to admit that this one quickly won me over.

It's not really a "hmm, how do I do this" type of puzzle game. Rather it tests your ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time. Like most puzzle games the quicker you accomplish the tasks the better.

The gameplay is extremely simple at its core, basically you're just sorting colored items. Things get challenging real quick. The best comparison I can make is it's sort of like the old game Tapper in that you have to manage multiple fields of play at the same time, but you're controlling all the different plains at the exact same time. You may try to move one item and accidentally sort three other items incorrectly at the same time because you weren't paying close enough attention. Timing your button presses also becomes a big factor.

I realize my description may not be very clear but you'll quickly grasp the gameplay after just a few minutes. I think it's worth the $3.

I started aero porter, and I'd say the concept is not important; it really just serves as an explanation for the gameplay, like burger time or order up. You wouldnt say bit trip runner is a game about exercise. Either way I think it's fun so far.

The only drawback IMO is no 3D support

Is Liberation Maiden a good buy at $5? Already picked up Crimson, but I'm undecided on the other two.

[quote name='bshirk']Is Liberation Maiden a good buy at $5? Already picked up Crimson, but I'm undecided on the other two.[/QUOTE]

It is fun but it is SHOOOOORT. Like maybe 30 minutes short. I guess if you are a hi-score person you might get more out of it, but I don't know if I could justify $5 for it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It is fun but it is SHOOOOORT. Like maybe 30 minutes short. I guess if you are a hi-score person you might get more out of it, but I don't know if I could justify $5 for it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that is short. Thanks for the warning.

Liberation Maiden feels like a free-roaming version of Kid Icarus Uprising's flying levels, especially since the controls feel very similar (fly using the circle pad, attack using the touch screen). It's decent enough, plus there's a gallery that you can unlock stuff via specific goals, so it helps add some replay value.

As for Aero Porter, Thrinn pretty much summed it up, but after playing it a bit, I have NO idea if I like it. I think once I got the 4th conveyor belt/circle, it was annoying because it was harder to tell when I could make the luggage switch from the bottom screen to the top or vice versa due to the space between the screens making hard to judge the timing as to when I need to press the button.. You have to do a LOT of multitasking.

[quote name='zeldaking']will that at least work for the Wii U games or is is just Wii only? thanks[/QUOTE]
The Wii U doesn't use points, so they don't work on the Wii U eShop. They might work on the Wii Shop in Wii mode.

[quote name='bshirk']Is Liberation Maiden a good buy at $5? Already picked up Crimson, but I'm undecided on the other two.[/QUOTE]
I thought Liberation Maiden was aggressively mediocre. It tried to be as middle of the road and forgettable as it could be apart from that first boss vocal song.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Wii U doesn't use points, so they don't work on the Wii U eShop. They might work on the Wii Shop in Wii mode.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks

[quote name='Thrinn']Tetris: Axis is currently $9.99 on the eShop.[/QUOTE]

Is it any good? I loved the DS version and I played the hell out of it.

Edit: Tetris Axis came out for both the DS and 3DS? I played Tetris DS not Axis.

I kind of want Tetris Axis just to try the AR Card game. Is that worth $10 or does the novelty wear out pretty quick?

You don't need unique card to play it do you? Just the originals that came with the 3DS system.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']I kind of want Tetris Axis just to try the AR Card game. Is that worth $10 or does the novelty wear out pretty quick?

You don't need unique card to play it do you? Just the originals that came with the 3DS system.[/QUOTE]

According to Nintendo's site it uses the ? Block card.

I tried getting the Pokedex earlier today and it had the regular price even though it said it was still on sale did I have to go to the screen to pay to make it show the price?

You were too late since it ended yesterday, probably in the morning before they had a chance to take it down from the sales section on the eShop.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You were too late since it ended yesterday, probably in the morning before they had a chance to take it down from the sales section on the eShop.[/QUOTE]

Yea I tried on the 19th the day of the last day to get it but it showed the regular price i did it in the morning.

[quote name='eliter1']Is it any good? I loved the DS version and I played the hell out of it.

Edit: Tetris Axis came out for both the DS and 3DS? I played Tetris DS not Axis.[/QUOTE]

The consensus seems to be that Tetris DS is a much better game.

Dress To Play: Cute Witches! is also in the sales section of the eShop for $1.99.

I don't think Tetris Axis is a sale since it's not in that section of the store. It seems to be the normal price now that it's available on the eShop.

Edit: The press release says these sales end at 9 AM PT on the day of expiration:
LIBERATION MAIDEN™ – LIBERATION MAIDEN is a full-scale 3D sci-fi shooter created by acclaimed developer SUDA51 from Grasshopper Manufacture, creator of fan-favorites Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned. Set 100 years in the future, LIBERATION MAIDEN puts players in the role of Shoko Ozora, piloting a humanoid robot called Kamui. Purchase the game from the Nintendo eShop at a discounted price of $4.99 until 9 a.m. PT on May 30.

CRIMSON SHROUD™ – CRIMSON SHROUD was created by game designer Yasumi Matsuno, whose previous works include industry cornerstones such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story and Tactics Ogre. CRIMSON SHROUD reimagines the tabletop RPG and puts the power of the dice in the hands of the player to determine his or her fate. Purchase the game from the Nintendo eShop at a discounted price of $4.99 until 9 a.m. PT on May 30.

AERO PORTER™ – Designed by Seaman creator Yoot Saito, AERO PORTER combines puzzle and simulation game play as players sort color-coded luggage onto conveyor belts while avoiding mishaps and delays at an airport. Purchase this game from the Nintendo eShop at a discounted price of $2.99 until 9 a.m. PT on May 30.

Dress To Play: Cute Witches! – Create a little witch and design her outfit in the dressing room. When you finish, get ready to set off on an adventure as your character flies away on her broomstick to a peaceful world inhabited by fantasy characters. Purchase Dress to Play: Cute Witches! from the Nintendo eShop at a discounted price of $1.99 until 9 a.m. PT on April 24.

[quote name='Thrinn']The consensus seems to be that Tetris DS is a much better game.[/QUOTE]

No question. The gameplay modes in DS are more fun, and the whole Nintendo aesthetic the whole game has is truly fantastic. Axis, on the other hand, has some cool new concepts, but feels utterly generic. Honestly, for 10 bucks download it'd be fun to have for quick play sessions, but my actual game card gets pretty minor usage...

That's because Tetris Axis is pretty much the successor to the Hudson made Tetris Party for Wii and DS. Nintendo just published Axis, Hudson made it.

Surprise sale from Shin'en Multimedia, all games on both eShops (approximately) 30% off.

Nano Assault EX and AoB: Touch are both superb titles, for the record.

LMAO!. i downloaded both NA:EX and ATV:WR3D on their release days for full price not too long ago!. $7 down the drain that quick! :lol:. no more downloading on release day for me! :lol:.

I'll probrably pick up Art of Touch Balance since it's on sale! :bouncy:.

[quote name='rayword45']Surprise sale from Shin'en Multimedia, all games on both eShops (approximately) 30% off.

Nano Assault EX and AoB: Touch are both superb titles, for the record.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried the demo for AoB a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. For $5 it's too difficult to pass up.

I'm so happy the 3DS is finally getting consistent discounts. I've bought so many games over the last couple of weeks.

And it seems some Nintendo-published games have gone silently on sale as well. Damn, I need more cash.

And when considering the amount of 3DSWare games there are, these sales may be going too fast. Or maybe the load will increase, I don't know.

[quote name='rayword45']And it seems some Nintendo-published games have gone silently on sale as well. Damn, I need more cash.

And when considering the amount of 3DSWare games there are, these sales may be going too fast. Or maybe the load will increase, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

what games r on sale

I have Nano Assault, barely played. Worth double dipping on EX? Any unlockables for completing the retail game?

[quote name='Slermy']I have Nano Assault, barely played. Worth double dipping on EX? Any unlockables for completing the retail game?[/QUOTE]

No retail connectivity whatsoever.

New stuff

-Survival mode (basically endless mode, keep playing until you get shot)
-Fixed leaderboards
-Circle Pad Pro support (minor difference for cell levels, WHOLE NEW GAME for Link Synapse levels)

Fluidity: SC for $8 is mine. Now we need a deal on some Nintendo Prepaid Cards. I'd get Nano Assault and Art of Balance too if I had more in my wallet.

What? Pushmo is on sale? Fuuuuuuuck, I really don't want to buy stuff from Nintendo until they get a proper account system. :(

[quote name='rayword45']No retail connectivity whatsoever.

New stuff

-Survival mode (basically endless mode, keep playing until you get shot)
-Fixed leaderboards
-Circle Pad Pro support (minor difference for cell levels, WHOLE NEW GAME for Link Synapse levels)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, Circle Pad Pro sounds like the big selling point, but I don't have one of those yet.

$9.99 is the sale price for Nano Assault EX? Are they insane? It's $9.99 normally on the Wii U, so there's no reason for the little brother version to be more expensive. Even with the lack of Circle Pad Pro, I don't see any reason to get this when I already have Neo.

None of these games are in the Sales section of the store, so I'll have to search the store for them to see what the prices are.

Oh snap! Might get both Nano games. Really didn't care for Fluidity on Wii, is 3DS better? Hated that when you got a collectible, you got booted out of the level. So much forced back tracking because of that, otherwise a solid concept.

Art of Balance is great imho. Perfect pick up and solve a few puzzles (or more!) game. Also anyone who doesn't have Pushmo has no excuse now :D

Think I'll wait on a sale of Dillon's 2, which is apparently more of the same?

^I actually preferred the old Fluidity, as I liked the Metroidvania style.

This one is completely level based, with 60 in total and star ratings for each one.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']$9.99 is the sale price for Nano Assault EX? Are they insane? It's $9.99 normally on the Wii U, so there's no reason for the little brother version to be more expensive. Even with the lack of Circle Pad Pro, I don't see any reason to get this when I already have Neo.

None of these games are in the Sales section of the store, so I'll have to search the store for them to see what the prices are.[/QUOTE]

It takes 3 seconds to do research

Neo has 12 levels in total
EX has 32.

It's nice that Kirby is on sale, but $4.99 is too high when it was so cheap on Wii U.

I played Nanostray 2 for DS, and enjoyed it (still have it in my 3DS Pull and Go Folio, along with a ton of DS RPGs). Plus Nano Assault EX will be my third title that can utilize my Circle Pad Pro (other 2 being Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Resident Evil Revelations), so I will indeed check out Nano Assault EX.

[quote name='cleaver']If I have a 2000 point Wii card from a few years back does it work on this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

bread's done
Back