rayword45

CAG Newbie
Games:
Zelda Oracle of Seasons - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Zelda Oracle of Ages - $4.99 - Ends 6/20
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99 - Ends 6/10

All sales end at 9 AM PT.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cleaver']If I have a 2000 point Wii card from a few years back does it work on this stuff?[/QUOTE]
The 3DS doesn't use points, so it doesn't work. You have to use it on a Wii.

[quote name='Jotamide']What? Pushmo is on sale? Fuuuuuuuck, I really don't want to buy stuff from Nintendo until they get a proper account system. :([/QUOTE]

For $5 Pushmo is worth it. I won't drop more than $10 on eShop games due to the lack of an account system, but when it's a strictly digital title I don't care that much. My biggest concern is that if my 3DS was stolen, I'd have no claim to any digital content that I'd purchased :bomb: Whereas with the Vita, you can deactivate the device remotely on their website and re-download anything you own onto a new system.

[quote name='cleaver']If I have a 2000 point Wii card from a few years back does it work on this stuff?[/QUOTE]

and careful if you have one of those WII/DS point cards.. NOT ALL GAMES TRANSFER to new systems

i had a few WII/DS point cards lying around and grabbed some DSIwere games thinking i can play them on my 3ds...

2 of the 8 games i picked up DID NOT TRANSFER (i think there is around 20 or 30 games you Can not transfer)

[quote name='johnnypark']For $5 Pushmo is worth it. I won't drop more than $10 on eShop games due to the lack of an account system, but when it's a strictly digital title I don't care that much. My biggest concern is that if my 3DS was stolen, I'd have no claim to any digital content that I'd purchased :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Nintendo does allow owners to recover the investment on their digital games should a system get stolen. As long as you have your digital games registered through your Club Nintendo account & send them a copy of the police report detailing the theft, they'll issue an eShop credit on your next 3DS. Granted that's a far from ideal solution but it's all we've got until Nintendo gets their act together.

Wow everything good on the eShop has been on sale at one point. If Cave Story & Ikachan are discounted then the only other eshop stuff I want is DSiWare games and Virtual Console stuff.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo does allow owners to recover the investment on their digital games should a system get stolen. As long as you have your digital games registered through your Club Nintendo account & send them a copy of the police report detailing the theft, they'll issue an eShop credit on your next 3DS. Granted that's a far from ideal solution but it's all we've got until Nintendo gets their act together.[/QUOTE]

You get credit instead of codes for the same games? It's not that bad if you bought some lemons and want a refund on some games >_>

On a lighter note, a guy on Craigslist is selling an aqua blue 3DS with MK7. System only with charger and the game has the case. Asking $130 firm. Good deal or should I spring for a new one?

[quote name='Teeheehee']You get credit instead of codes for the same games?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that seems to be the case from what I've read.

[quote name='KornKid91']Wow everything good on the eShop has been on sale at one point. If Cave Story & Ikachan are discounted then the only other eshop stuff I want is DSiWare games and Virtual Console stuff.[/QUOTE]

The 3D effect and widescreen are cool on Cave Story but I think I would've preferred the DSI version. Second screen is useless. Don't know why they disabled the map.

[quote name='Thrinn']Nintendo does allow owners to recover the investment on their digital games should a system get stolen. As long as you have your digital games registered through your Club Nintendo account & send them a copy of the police report detailing the theft, they'll issue an eShop credit on your next 3DS. Granted that's a far from ideal solution but it's all we've got until Nintendo gets their act together.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that whole police report thing. Nintendo is lucky their brand is so strong, because no one else could get away with that shit.

Tokyo Crash Mobs is on sale? Looked like a decent Zuma-esque game, but thought it was a bit expensive at $7. Might as well get it.

[quote name='Zonic505']Tokyo Crash Mobs is on sale? Looked like a decent Zuma-esque game, but thought it was a bit expensive at $7. Might as well get it.[/QUOTE]

It totally is, but it's TOTALLY NUTS as well, that's an important feature.

Pushmo is awesome. Has Crashmo been on sale again since its introductory price? I had no idea it was even out till a few days ago, so I missed that intro sale.

Got:

Kirby's Adventure: 3D Classics
Dillon's Rolling Western
Fun! Fun! Mini-Golf Touch
Art of Balance Touch
Fluidity: Spin Cycle

While they're on sale! :D. Now... time for Harmoknight and the updated Cave Story to go on sale 30% off! :lol: :rofl:

[quote name='WilliamG']Pushmo is awesome. Has Crashmo been on sale again since its introductory price? I had no idea it was even out till a few days ago, so I missed that intro sale.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was on sale about two months ago.

Pushmo is such an excellent puzzler for $4.99. This is the first digital game I bought for the 3DS. No complaints on it and I'll get Crashmo on the next sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']Tokyo Crash Mobs is on sale? Looked like a decent Zuma-esque game, but thought it was a bit expensive at $7. Might as well get it.[/QUOTE]

Just watched the video, and now I have to buy this game. HAVE TO!!

Is Pushmo/Crashmo 3D gimmick based puzzle games or are they just fine with the 3D off?

I say this because my left eye isn't all that great and I can't play any game with that requires the 3D effect for depth of field and such to play.

[quote name='Slade']Is Pushmo/Crashmo 3D gimmick based puzzle games or are they just fine with the 3D off?

I say this because my left eye isn't all that great and I can't play any game with that requires the 3D effect for depth of field and such to play.[/QUOTE]

I think the 3D effect is well-done, but at least in the case of Pushmo, I had no problem playing with 3D off.

[quote name='Slade']Is Pushmo/Crashmo 3D gimmick based puzzle games or are they just fine with the 3D off?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Crashmo yet, but I know you'll be able to play Pushmo without issue if you end up disabling the 3D effect.

I'll add myself to the people who recommend Pushmo & Crashmo, especially since I got these at launch for full price. They're great puzzle games, especially with the fact you can download and make custom puzzles, adding much replay value to the already tons of puzzles included in the game.

As for Tokyo Crash Mobs, yeah, if you're into Zuma or those types of games, this is a decent portable version. It can be slightly hard to judge where you're placing people due to the angle, but the controls are decent enough and as previously shown, it's so weird with its presentation. Though I would definitely say if you miss out on getting it on sale, wait again.

Really glad to see Nintendo is doing more sales now. I seriously hope they make a habit out of it, especially since it can lead to more sales.

[quote name='Zonic505']Really glad to see Nintendo is doing more sales now. I seriously hope they make a habit out of it, especially since it can lead to more sales.[/QUOTE]

Interesting theory, Yogi. ;)

Looks like Marvel Pinball's on sale for 3.99$. I've got a few tables for the Android version on my N7, but no marvel ones. Anyone care to comment on the 3DS version vs smartphone/tablet ones?

[quote name='mrsamsa']Looks like Marvel Pinball's on sale for 3.99$. I've got a few tables for the Android version on my N7, but no marvel ones. Anyone care to comment on the 3DS version vs smartphone/tablet ones?[/QUOTE]

The 3DS version leaves a lot to be desired. With the 3DS's low resolution it makes the tables muddy. The gap between the two screens felt like it interfered with the flow of the table. There should still be a demo available on the eShop.

[quote name='Thrinn']The 3DS version leaves a lot to be desired. With the 3DS's low resolution it makes the tables muddy. The gap between the two screens felt like it interfered with the flow of the table. There should still be a demo available on the eShop.[/QUOTE]

There is! ;)

Is there anyway I can purchase Nano Assault Neo using my Nintendo ID from a web browser? I sold my wii u, but just bought a new one from cowboom and it won't get to me for a week.

[quote name='Slade']Is Pushmo/Crashmo 3D gimmick based puzzle games or are they just fine with the 3D off?

I say this because my left eye isn't all that great and I can't play any game with that requires the 3D effect for depth of field and such to play.[/QUOTE]
Personally I think the 3D adds nothing (like with games like NSMB2) and I just play them with 3D off to save battery life.

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']Personally I think the 3D adds nothing (like with games like NSMB2) and I just play them with 3D off to save battery life.[/QUOTE]

I'm incapable of seeing the 3D and don't feel like my Pushmo experience is lacking.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, though you won't be able to use that ID on the new Wii U anyway.

Edit: Wait. You're in the wrong thread, just so you know.[/QUOTE]

As more people buy the Wii U, more games come out, and Nintendo pushs digital sales, this is going to be the number one question and source of confusion/frustration. The NNID mimicks the appearance of every other service (PSN, Steam, etc) but doesn't do anything really. Relevant since Nintendo has said Miiverse and NNID are coming to 3DS eventually, but I don't quite see the point other than to just confuse people further.

They're like a big budget film studio that insists on only releasing movies on VHS.

Pusho doesn't need 3D. You just use the colors of the panels on the floor to know where to jump etc, if you're having trouble without 3D on. Personally, the 3D makes my head hurt, especially since you can't move the 3DS/XL without losing the effect, and it makes everything look so jaggy/aliased with the effect on.

I really wish the 3DS didn't have 3D at all, to be honest... We might have ended up with a higher resolution handheld.

Man, wish we knew what the next free stuff through Club Nintendo will be. I sincerely doubt it will be any of the sale games, but I'm paranoid that as soon as I pick up something come Monday it'll be free through Club Nintendo lol.

[quote name='WilliamG']Pusho doesn't need 3D. You just use the colors of the panels on the floor to know where to jump etc, if you're having trouble without 3D on. Personally, the 3D makes my head hurt, especially since you can't move the 3DS/XL without losing the effect, and it makes everything look so jaggy/aliased with the effect on.

I really wish the 3DS didn't have 3D at all, to be honest... We might have ended up with a higher resolution handheld.[/QUOTE]

IMHO I'd rather that they'd just ditch the second screen in favor of investing money in a higher-rez 3D screen. Bring the design in line with the Gameboy SP where the system still folds to protect the screen when it's not in use while providing a more compact design since the bottom is used just for the d-pad & buttons. It seems like more often than not the second screen is used solely to display stats, a map, or a static wallpaper. If the upper screen was displayed at a higher resolution they'd be able to fit most of that info on a single screen. I'd gladly buy the next hardware revision even if it just had 480p screens.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Man, wish we knew what the next free stuff through Club Nintendo will be. I sincerely doubt it will be any of the sale games, but I'm paranoid that as soon as I pick up something come Monday it'll be free through Club Nintendo lol.[/QUOTE]The sale ends on Thursday, so you'll still have a few days after the latest games are switched out. You can play it safe & wait to see what games are offered as rewards before the sale ends.

Thanks for the info on Pushmo/Crashmo on the none importance of the 3D.

I'll pick them up during the sale since I'm always in the mood for a good puzzle game.

[quote name='bestpersonevar']Is there anyway I can purchase Nano Assault Neo using my Nintendo ID from a web browser? I sold my wii u, but just bought a new one from cowboom and it won't get to me for a week.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope you didn't purchase anything from the eShop because once you get your new Wii U you won't be able to retreve any of it since there are no user accounts :/. and your NNID is gone for good as well.

bread's done
Back