3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Discussion Thread - Master Quest Included!

Just started playing this game Thursday. I had owned Ocarina of Time on Wii Virtual Console on my first Wii, but I only got about as far as when you meet Princess Zelda the first time. So yeah, only a couple few hours in.

I recall having a difficult time enjoying looking at the game, as the N64 polygons are by no means eye-candy. I tell you, it's an absolute treat playing the game now, as OoT's gameplay has certainly held up over time.

I'm nearly to the point I was when I stopped playing the game before. Although I had an N64 as a kid, I hadn't heard of Zelda at that point, being awful busy romping with Mario and Banjo-Kazooie. I'm really looking forward to fully experiencing the delight of Ocarina of Time now, despite being quite late to the party.

Just wanted to update on the missing cd because Nintendo is awesome.

They emailed me back and asked me to call them.. when I called them I found out that my Nintendo account still had my old address listed, and apparently the ordering process for the Zelda CD didn't ask for a specific shipping address(or i missed it somehow) so it went there instead of my current address.

The possibility that they had my old address never even occurred to me because I've gotten a few CN rewards shipped to my new place already without issue.

Anyway, Nintendo is awesome so even though I felt that this was mostly my fault, they were happy to ship another one to me anyway.

Just picked up this title with my new 3DS and it's great. 3D effects are done really well, although I do seem to get a little fatigue from the effect so I turned it off towards the end.

I skipped the previous versions so this whole game is pretty much brand new to me, seems pretty cool so far.

[quote name='8bitogre']Just picked up this title with my new 3DS and it's great. 3D effects are done really well, although I do seem to get a little fatigue from the effect so I turned it off towards the end...[/QUOTE]

I had the same effect but then I started using my Gunnar glasses and I've been able to play a lot longer without any sort of discomfort in my eyes.

It does, unless you save in a dungeon. As an adult, the game returns you to the temple of time after loading a save.

Friggin' Shadow Link or Evil Link whatever he's called is harder than I remember...almost died; he left me with 1/2 a heart.

finally played a demo of this on the 3ds. looked blurry at first but when my eyes got adjusted to it, it looked amazing. a little intense on the eyes though, im not sure if thats just me. i look forward to getting my 3ds + ocarina of time tuesday.

how is master quest? im thinking about going that route since i havent played MQ and i played the original a few times already. hope its not too hard.

[quote name='smoger']Just wanted to update on the missing cd because Nintendo is awesome.

They emailed me back and asked me to call them.. when I called them I found out that my Nintendo account still had my old address listed, and apparently the ordering process for the Zelda CD didn't ask for a specific shipping address(or i missed it somehow) so it went there instead of my current address.

The possibility that they had my old address never even occurred to me because I've gotten a few CN rewards shipped to my new place already without issue.

Anyway, Nintendo is awesome so even though I felt that this was mostly my fault, they were happy to ship another one to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear things worked out for you! It's great to hear that Nintendo would do that for you as well!

memes-ocarina-of-annoyance.jpg

Mine eyes are having a hard time adjusting, I'll be chugging along at 1/3 slider and will start seeing ghost doubles of link :(

[quote name='david12795']i didnt know you had to beat the original quest to get master's quest. fail :([/QUOTE]

So? Anyone who owned a N64 should be able to beat Ocarina of Time in their sleep.

[quote name='MrSneis']Mine eyes are having a hard time adjusting, I'll be chugging along at 1/3 slider and will start seeing ghost doubles of link :([/QUOTE]
Turning the brightness down sometimes helps.

So i just got my 3DS last night and sweet mercy has Ocarina never looked better! I am in love with it, and i think this system is phenomenal...i am really looking forward to whats to come.

The 3D effect is pretty amazing and while i do love it, i dont use it nonstop i sort of go in spurts but i think its incredible how good it looks when you are using it, it really is the best 3D ive ever seen without glasses. Im pretty stoked about the system ,cant wait for Mario Kart, Mario, Kid Icarus, TotA, good stuff.

And Ghost Recon is pure sweetness :cool:

[quote name='david12795']i really wish they would release majoras mask.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Majora's mask is easily my favorite in the series followed by Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. It'd be a day one buy for me.

[quote name='david12795']i really wish they would release majoras mask.[/QUOTE]

I have the N64 original and on Wii VC, but my Wii died. I need to get that sucker repaired ASAP now that I think about it. Anyway, I'd love a remake with a steadier framerate and improved visuals. I haven't played the game in a looooong time.

[quote name='dothog']ARISE!!!

So yep, they're remaking all these fucking zeldas.[/QUOTE]

Saw the URL and freaked out a little bit.. read the article and came back to earth a little. :whistle2:/

A 3d remake of LTTP was the first thing that i ever hoped for when I heard about the 3ds. I'm one of the folks that consider this the finest video game ever created and the thought of a 3d version makes me tingly

I would be down for a portable version of LTTP. Not a system seller for me, as I have played through it many times, but I would definitely pick it up if I have a 3DS by then.

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm really bummed and annoyed you can't do the Master Quest starting off. I've played this game enough that I don't have a desire to play through it twice on the 3DS, and was really looking forward to something different via the Master Quest with the polished new visuals.

I'd play through it for you, but I have a feeling that we don't live anywhere near each other, nor would you trust in a stranger to play with your 3DS. Haha.

I'm really thinking about picking up that Limited Edition 3DS bundle that Gamestop is offering.

Just bought my 3DS and of course, I bought Zelda as well. Now I will finally get to play this game that everyone talks about so much...

I should hurry and finish it so that it doesn't get interrupted by Skyward Sword...

Just finished the Water Temple. I was dreading going into it, but it only took me about an hour and I didn't really get turned around. I'm surprised I remembered so much of it and didn't get stuck. 13 years ago, this dungeon made me want to cry.

bread's done
Back