3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

ahhh makes me feel I should have gotten this MK7 3DS XL over the brand new one from lowball (it had a new Nano Assault + Case + Screen Protector)

but still, it's MK7!

[quote name='mrbungle']Clearly the Vita. At these close out prices for the 3DS XL, Nintendo must be getting ready to release their new handheld in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Joke post? Hard to tell.

[quote name='GameSmacker']HEADS UP for any target shoppers. I was able to PM the $159.99 Best Buy ad AND they gave me the $20 gift card from their own promotion. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I too can verify that Target WILL indeed still hand you the $20 gift card even after the Best Buy price match.

You can't beat $159.99 - $8.00 (Red Card Discount) - $20 gift card = $132.00!!!

I strongly urge all you cheap asses to follow suit if you want the best bargain that we'll see for a 3DS XL during the forseeable future (in other words, during the next ~6-9 months) :bouncy:

[quote name='Vigilante']You should be able to since they're both the same price; if an employee gives you trouble, just speak with a manager and/or have them scan the MK7 bundle so they see they're equally priced.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info. Ima head out to best but after work.

[quote name='prateeko']God dammit, I want the red one but the MK7 bundle is so sweet. But I already have MK7. ahhhh, what to do?[/QUOTE]

I said F it. Already had Mario Kart 7 (which I don't even play anymore really) and got the Red one.

[quote name='philmcfly']I said F it. Already had Mario Kart 7 (which I don't even play anymore really) and got the Red one.[/QUOTE]

fuck it, you're right. I have the red Mario DS XL and red is my fave color (pissed when they released red months after I got the original 3DS + ambassador stuff). I'll grab that one since I bet MK7 is a download game anyways (can't flip it anyways)...

GameSmacker, fatlar84. Was there anything special you had to do to get the Best Buy PM AND $20 GC from Target? I don't think I've even PM'd anything at Target before, is it done at the customer service desk?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Is mk hard installed or downloadable by a code? I ask since I want to transfer my ambassador stuff without losing the game.[/QUOTE]

It is already installed onto the 4GB SD card that comes with the system.

[quote name='Sway']GameSmacker, fatlar84. Was there anything special you had to do to get the Best Buy PM AND $20 GC from Target? I don't think I've even PM'd anything at Target before, is it done at the customer service desk?[/QUOTE]
I just asked the people in the electronics section to price match bestbuy.com and they brought me to the guest services desk after grabbing the 3DS XL bundle. They then PM'd it with the $20 GC after double-checking..

PM'd at target for the pink xl. They wouldn't give me the $20 gift card but I did use a $8 off coupon I had from a previous purchase. My daughter will be super happy:)

[quote name='Snuggelz']It is already installed onto the 4GB SD card that comes with the system.[/QUOTE]

could we play that MK7 in the 4GB SD on any system or is it registered/stuck to the specific 3DS XL?

[quote name='shibaraski']red 3ds mario bundle or blue 3dsxl mario kart bundle...hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart 7 is the same old rehash. Sure it works, but its repetitive and bores quickly.

With the Mario 3DS you get a better game, plus you can switch out the battery for the Nyko Powerpak and have it last longer than 2-3 hours per charge.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Mario Kart 7 is the same old rehash. Sure it works, but its repetitive and bores quickly.

With the Mario 3DS you get a better game, plus you can switch out the battery for the Nyko Powerpak and have it last longer than 2-3 hours per charge.[/QUOTE]

I still think xl is the better deal, if hes not getting a xl im sure he can get a cheaper 3ds elsewhere. Xl is really the reason why you should now get a 3ds imo.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']For Sony fans: The KZ Trilogy with controller is $40 again. Didnt know where to post this so I put it here.[/QUOTE]

lol for sony fans? And thanks dude , but your a little late people already know about this and are flipping the game and keepin the controller for 15$

Didnt have any probs picking this one up and after years of owning a dslite this thing is amazing. The blue color is actually more a metallic dark blue so I like it.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Nice!!! Time to try to sell my 3DS this week. I've been looking to upgrade to the XL.[/QUOTE]
i dont recommend it if you already have the 3DS

[quote name='Edzo04']i dont recommend it if you already have the 3DS[/QUOTE]

Why not? Outside of losing some money of course...

Since I made the switch I am playing my XL a lot more than the regular model. For me it was the increaed screen size.

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS has better speakers and screen quality
3DS XL has all the 3DS has but bigger screen and the flaws off crappier audio and screen quality.

[quote name='Hemi']blue mk7 bundles 160 on bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]
I tried to resist the deals on the XL since I hardly play my regular 3DS, but $159.99 for the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle? I pulled the trigger.

[quote name='djricekcn']3DS has better speakers and screen quality
3DS XL has all the 3DS has but bigger screen and the flaws off crappier audio and screen quality.[/QUOTE]

What about the digging into your palms feature?

3DS XL has all the 3DS has but bigger screen and the flaws off crappier audio and screen quality.[/QUOTE]

Not suprise to hear this from someone who refuses to Pay for a better upgrade.

[quote name='whiteninja2000']Didnt have any probs picking this one up and after years of owning a dslite this thing is amazing. The blue color is actually more a metallic dark blue so I like it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was surprised when I actually saw one in person at target. The pictures make it look so dull, more like the dsi xl blue, but in person it has a strangely alluring metallic quality.

[quote name='PerryD']I tried to resist the deals on the XL since I hardly play my regular 3DS, but $159.99 for the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle? I pulled the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Same. I was going to wait till Wednesday for Double Reward Points day but it's not available for shipping and two locals stores have already had their stock cleared out.

I've been building up a decent DS/3DS Library for when I eventually would get one. This will be my first Nintendo console since the N.E.S. (no kidding). I'm a PS+ member and do eventually want to get a Vita, but I'm holding off for a redesign/price drop.

3ds XL Mario bundle sold out online at BB and store pick ups are starting to become unavailable.

I take it sales are good today BB for it :)

The first Target I went to said they couldn't price match because of the $20 gift card. The second Target priced matched with no problems, so YMMV. Yesterday the regular 3DS with no game was on sale for $129 ($123 with red card). Today, I get the 3DS XL and MK7 for $133 (target red card). I'm glad I waited.

I use headphones so there should not be difference there.

Do a lot of you just play with the regular speakers or use headphones?

For the screen yes it is the same pixels but to me it still looks very good. Of course this is completely in the eye of the beholder....goes either way for people.

I'm hoping Nyko or someone makes a battery pack extension for this. That would definitely make me jump the bandwagon from the 3DS to XL.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I'm hoping Nyko or someone makes a battery pack extension for this. That would definitely make me jump the bandwagon from the 3DS to XL.[/QUOTE]

I thought battery life on the XL was vastly improved compared to the regular 3DS?

Have not even got a warning yet that the battery was low.

[quote name='QuickKill']I just asked the people in the electronics section to price match bestbuy.com and they brought me to the guest services desk after grabbing the 3DS XL bundle. They then PM'd it with the $20 GC after double-checking..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatlar84']I too can verify that Target WILL indeed still hand you the $20 gift card even after the Best Buy price match.

You can't beat $159.99 - $8.00 (Red Card Discount) - $20 gift card = $132.00!!!

I strongly urge all you cheap asses to follow suit if you want the best bargain that we'll see for a 3DS XL during the forseeable future (in other words, during the next ~6-9 months) :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Could you go into more detail on how you managed to PM the XL bundle with MK7? I was just at my local Target, and they said they would not PM it. I told them it was 159.99 on the bestbuy.com website but they said they needed an ad for the SKU. I brought the ad from bestbuy, but it doesn't show the SKU for the bundle with MK7.

Ultimately they said they wouldn't do it because it says "Limited quantities" which according to Guest Service, means they were cut a deal by the manufacturer. Thus, they could not honor the price.

I think I'll try the other Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a Mario bundle today. Mostly wanted a bigger screen to play my DS games on and I had a couple of gift cards to burn. I'm actually pretty happy with the way everything plays and looks so far. One quick question for anyone who has an XL- is the screen supposed to have a little bit of wiggle to it when opened? My DSLite has the same wiggle, but I got it used so I was just curious if this was the norm.

[quote name='chinaurge']The first Target I went to said they couldn't price match because of the $20 gift card. The second Target priced matched with no problems, so YMMV. Yesterday the regular 3DS with no game was on sale for $129 ($123 with red card). Today, I get the 3DS XL and MK7 for $133 (target red card). I'm glad I waited.[/QUOTE]

So they gave you a $20 GC without a hassle? Did it just print out when you bought it even with a PM?

I brought a printout of the Best Buy webpage showing the blue XL Mario Kart version to Target and they price matched it at 159.99 AND gave me a $20 giftcard, no questions asked! I also paid with my Redcard and saved an additional 5%. Thanks! Great deal
You gotta use a printout of the webpage and not the sale paper.

[quote name='robdees']Picked up a Mario bundle today. Mostly wanted a bigger screen to play my DS games on and I had a couple of gift cards to burn. I'm actually pretty happy with the way everything plays and looks so far. One quick question for anyone who has an XL- is the screen supposed to have a little bit of wiggle to it when opened? My DSLite has the same wiggle, but I got it used so I was just curious if this was the norm.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a little bit of wiggle to it.

Local Target "sold out" of the MK7 bundle, stock locator on their site still shows they have it as in stock, not even limited stock. Are employees just hiding it to buy at the end of their shift or what :(

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Not suprise to hear this from someone who refuses to Pay for a better upgrade.[/QUOTE]

i have a 3DSXL JPN, just bought the MK7 bundle...what are you talking about

I use headphones so there should not be difference there.

Do a lot of you just play with the regular speakers or use headphones?

when I am at home, I try to use the build-in speakers because it's more comfortable that way, physically.

[quote name='CaboWabo']I brought a printout of the Best Buy webpage showing the blue XL Mario Kart version to Target and they price matched it at 159.99 AND gave me a $20 giftcard, no questions asked! I also paid with my Redcard and saved an additional 5%. Thanks! Great deal
You gotta use a printout of the webpage and not the sale paper.[/QUOTE]

why would you have to use a printout of the webpage? the sale paper worked fine for me at target and got a gift card too

[quote name='djricekcn']i have a 3DSXL JPN, just bought the MK7 bundle...what are you talking about[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, but im still getting a xl.

Just picked up bundle for $159.99 with Target price matching and the $20 gift card. I told them about Best Buy price and they called for "the store" iPad so they can look up price themselves, I didn't need any proof on me

[quote name='Psybuster']Local Target "sold out" of the MK7 bundle, stock locator on their site still shows they have it as in stock, not even limited stock. Are employees just hiding it to buy at the end of their shift or what :([/QUOTE]

That isn't updated in real time.

Went ahead and picked up at Best Buy, taking advantage of a few promos on the ol' BB Credit Card. Trading in my Black 3DS to Amazon for almost 100 bucks in credit, getting $35 back in reward certs + reward points, puts me at ~35 bucks for the XL upgrade, and I got the MK7 bundle.

I'd say this was a winner.

Just got an item not found at the closet Best Buy to me after I submitted an order for in store pickup about two hours ago. I used a $50 Reward Zone certificate too which I was just informed will take several days to be reissued. I had to submit a new order for the full price at another store.

I hope they can find a bundle before they close in less than 90 minutes. If not, this is a sign that I don't need one right now and can wait for a better bargain down the line. Plus, I'll just do a return/rebuy on Wednesday to get double the RZ points if they do secure me a unit without having to worry about screwing up my previously used RZ certificate.

bread's done
Back