3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

[quote name='spideymike']Thanks for the advice on the 3DS XL case. I'll give that one for $9.99 a try.[/QUOTE]

That one is for a regular size ds, not xl.

[quote name='Rollett']Gamestop does match... but you have to throw a fit... but they DO have a price match policy,
(Source I used to manage one)[/QUOTE]

Wow. I never knew price matching was possible at Gamestop.

Deal is up on bestbuy.com (prices aren't live yet)

and of course the pink XL and aqua blue aren't part of the deal, nor are any of the 3DS consoles that are bundled with a game.

probably a mistake, because the bundle isn't one of the skus listed on the promo page when you click from the front page. Already have mk7, but for some reason that made me get one.

edit: actually, maybe not a mistake. The actual ad itself just says "SAVE $40 on ANY 3DS system"

[quote name='heatison777']Nice, glad I stayed up a bit. Wife got an XL w/MK7 for the wife.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Can I buy online and then use some GCs when I pick it up? I have some pending points in my Rewards account and some GS credit I can move over.

Gah, to buy now assuming it's a mistake or wait and pray and get an additional 15% off (employee discount + Redcard) with price match at Target.

[quote name='rinker']What about the pink one? I don't see it on their site...[/QUOTE]

You have to find it through the weekly deals link at the top of the page. You can't find it any other way (I just tried).

[quote name='panasonic']how is the return policy at bestbuy if unopened? I never really shop there.[/QUOTE]

They usually have an extended return policy during the holiday season but I haven't heard anything about it this year.

fuck it. I went ahead and ordered one. Figured I should be able to get around $100+ for my 3DS and Mario Kart 7 cart. Hopefully I can move around $50 in Gamestop credit to Best Buy and my $25 in Reward Certificate should show up soon.

EDIT: only the Blue/Black one come with Mario Kart 7, right?

[quote name='IamPro']Do I even want this? fuck... have a $45 reward certificate too sigh[/QUOTE]

First world problems :lol:

Said fuck it and bought it, at worst I can breakeven and convert some Reward Certificates or hold up $120 eventually getting a refund.

[quote name='HydroX']You have to find it through the weekly deals link at the top of the page. You can't find it any other way (I just tried).[/QUOTE]

Thanks I see it, but it doesn't seem to add to the cart correctly. Does it work for you? Ah well - I want the pink one and don't care about mario kart so maybe I'll just stop by the store tomorrow.

[quote name='eliter1']Hopefully I can move around $50 in Gamestop credit to Best Buy and my $25 in Reward Certificate should show up soon.[/QUOTE]

How are you moving GS credit to BB?

after reward zone credit and all that, was able to get Mario Kart 7 bundle for (159.99 + Tax) - 90 dollars so why not.

[quote name='CaboWabo']How are you moving GS credit to BB?[/QUOTE]

Buy used games at GS that will either give me the same or a little more trade-in at Best Buy (currently has an extra 50% for trade-ins). Possibly use a B2G1 coupon I have.

[quote name='209chromatic']Bought one. Not sure if I should keep or sell my black Zelda 3ds :cry:[/QUOTE]

I've been having the same debate with myself. I have a Zelda 3DS complete with box and everything. For some reason, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

[quote name='209chromatic']Bought one. Not sure if I should keep or sell my black Zelda 3ds :cry:[/QUOTE]

Special Edition Nintendo systems tend to grow in value. Depending on it's condition and your patience, you could sit on it for a couple of years.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I've been having the same debate with myself. I have a Zelda 3DS complete with box and everything. For some reason, I just can't bring myself to get rid of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, but I talked myself out of it for now. No Nyko PowerPak+ for XL = no sale.

I'm not downgrading my battery life.

[quote name='HydroX']Gah, to buy now assuming it's a mistake or wait and pray and get an additional 15% off (employee discount + Redcard) with price match at Target.[/QUOTE]

Can always buy now, try a match later, and return the bestbuy order if successful. Or place an instore pickup order that will cancel in 8 days if not picked up.

Chase freedom gives 5% bestbuy this quarter. Shopdiscover 5% + 5% online, but down until 6am est.

Just ordered a XL Mario Kart bundle to be picked up at Best Buy. Came to $171.19.

I had just recently purchased a laptop for my mom and today they emailed me a $25 off coupon. Think I'll see if I can apply it when I go to pick it up.

Not sure if you are a zelda fan or not, but almost everything zelda and limited goes up in value over time. If I recall correctly, that system was only available for about a month.

Well holy crapola! That's an amazing deal! Well I'm definitely buying one from BB, unless if Toys R Us will price match, since I paid $200 for mine earlier in the week. :hot:

I have 3DS accessory questions:
1) Is Hori the best screen protectors for it?

2) Is there a case I can actually play out of? My DSi XL case is a metal frame that covers the majority of the system, but I can play with it on and access all ports easily. Is there a 3DS case like that? Here's the Amazon page where I bought it (it's not a great picture but you should get the idea).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B2FD3S/ref=wms_ohs_product

I wonder are they any other offers you can stack with this? I can only think of the Wednesday 2X points bonuses. I'll pick mine up on Wednesday and see if they'll honor it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot damn, ordered the XL with Mario Kart. That's a really nice deal. I would prefer a physical copy but it's hard to justify buying them seperately with that price. Gives me an excuse to get Layton as a part of the $20 off sale anyways.

I would keep the Zelda one to be honest....it's pretty much the only limited 3DS in the states and it doens't look bad.

This week last year, bestbuy had the $50 GC deal for the 3DS at $170, which is the best deal I think anyone's ever had on it so far. So I wonder if this will also be the best deal we will see on the XL for a long time.

I actually cancelled my order and sent another one and applied that coupon. Ended up with the Mario Kart bundle for $146.19. Glad I fixed that now instead of trying to do it in store. Not sure if they'd let me do that with an online order or not...

[quote name='MoltenMan']I actually cancelled my order and sent another one and applied that coupon. Ended up with the Mario Kart bundle for $146.19. Glad I fixed that now instead of trying to do it in store. Not sure if they'd let me do that with an online order or not...[/QUOTE]
Which coupon? :bouncy:
Edit: I scrolled up, nevermind!

So I guess there's really no way to easily match this at GameStop? That's where I have credit. :cry:

Pumped!! Traded in black ops vita and modern warfare got 50 in credit so paid 120 for the Xl with Mario cart. Now time to take back the 3ds bundle with Mario 3d that I just got for 129 lol. But question guys can I transfer that Mario 3d over to the Xl?

[quote name='Jav0r']This Mario Kart bundle for $160 definitely has to be a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

Mine is already in "can't be cancelled" mode. But if you look in the online ad, on one of the first pages, the wording says "save $40 on ANY 3ds".

[quote name='scottman']This week last year, bestbuy had the $50 GC deal for the 3DS at $170, which is the best deal I think anyone's ever had on it so far. So I wonder if this will also be the best deal we will see on the XL for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Target topped that. Same deal except they ran that $10 gc with purchase over $50 coupon same week. Plus 5% red card and they had $8 off $80 coupons. Got the red 3ds for under $100.

[quote name='Jav0r']This Mario Kart bundle for $160 definitely has to be a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scottman']Mine is already in "can't be cancelled" mode. But if you look in the online ad, on one of the first pages, the wording says "save $40 on ANY 3ds".[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it matters. These bundles with a free game always cost the same as the regular system by itself. I am pretty sure Best Buy makes the same amount of money regardless.

[quote name='scottman']Mine is already in "can't be cancelled" mode. But if you look in the online ad, on one of the first pages, the wording says "save $40 on ANY 3ds".[/QUOTE]

rh613b.jpg

bread's done
Back