3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

So do you guys recommend downloading games from the eShop or buying actual carts? I'm trying to help out a co-worker, and just want to point him either to this week's TRU deal for the MK bundle, or next week's BB deal.

[quote name='nuuuuj']So do you guys recommend downloading games from the eShop or buying actual carts? I'm trying to help out a co-worker, and just want to point him either to this week's TRU deal for the MK bundle, or next week's BB deal.[/QUOTE]

Its personal preference really. Though you can get cart games cheaper than you will be able to download them for since they are always MSRP.

There are however quite a few must have titles on the eShop itself priced as download titles normally are.

[quote name='GoldenJoe']Jeeze. I bought the xl for 180 last month, swapped it for the MK bundle this week, and now there's this deal. Ah well. Excellent deal for anyone thinking about a 3DS. For what it's worth, I think the MK bundle from this week is a slightly better deal since you'll never have to lug around an MK cartridge. On the other hand, I would never actually buy a downloadable game from Nintendo. Their policy is beyond horrible for that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I did the same thing this week. I figured it was a better deal, almost like breaking even since the $20 gift card "technically" makes the bundle $180 (again technically) and I get a free game, albeit digital. Not to mention that I always intended to buy The Walking Dead game at Best Buy, so I could use the gift card for that.

I may try and see if Best Buy is willing to price match the bundle next week when I go to get The Walking Dead game. I know it is a long shot or YMMV, but since I am going back, it may be worth a try. I would assume if they do price match, it would only be $20 since I got a $20 gift card. Maybe you should try at your store as well, perhaps one of us will be lucky.

[quote name='bk187']I was under the impression (from other threads) that the game came preloaded on the system (meaning if you system transfer it, the game is wiped out). If that's correct I think you can get both and then system transfer from the blue to the red to move the game. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I have emailed Nintendo about the preloaded Mario Kart 7 3ds and they said that if you do a system transfer to that 3ds it will not deleted the game, it will be combined with the games from the older system. It shouldn't be wiped out, and judging from the page they gave me it seems like you can transfer the game to a new 3ds from this 3ds if you need to.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp

[quote name='Mik9']I have emailed Nintendo about the preloaded Mario Kart 7 3ds and they said that if you do a system transfer to that 3ds it will not deleted the game, it will be combined with the games from the older system. It shouldn't be wiped out, and judging from the page they gave me it seems like you can transfer the game to a new 3ds from this 3ds if you need to.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking that. Good news.

[quote name='Mik9']I have emailed Nintendo about the preloaded Mario Kart 7 3ds and they said that if you do a system transfer to that 3ds it will not deleted the game, it will be combined with the games from the older system. It shouldn't be wiped out, and judging from the page they gave me it seems like you can transfer the game to a new 3ds from this 3ds if you need to.

I can double confirm this... I picked up a MK7 DSi XL last night and did the system transfer from my Ambassador Black 3DS (which I just sold for $140 on Amazon Marketplace now that it's transferred, btw)... all you've gotta do is go to the eShop and look at your Previous Downloads and it'll show up in there. Then you've just gotta redownload it.

Good thing, because I immediately wiped it without even thinking about what would happen to MK7, lol.

The screen is a bit dimmer (like a 4 on the 3DS, IMHO) but I'm so goddamn blind that I can see myself playing my 3DS 10x more with the larger screen. Even Virtual Console games are now infinitely more playable for me.

Also, the blue XL is the exact same color as my blue desk. True story.

[quote name='HydroX']If I can't get the MK7 bundle on the cheap, I may get the Pink/White and swap the pink shell for someone's blue or red. Just think how awesome a pink/black 3ds would look. Any takers? :)[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to take you up on the offer, but I wanted to point out that pink and black would be awesome. The first thought I had when I saw the pink model was "Man, I wish the base was still black"

hart-foundation.jpg

[quote name='chess227']Toys R Us will only refund you 169.99 and you have to return the system and the stylus. On your receipt under the listing for 3DS XL Blue Holiday, it should say something like REFUND PRICE 169.99. They will refund that amount and you are stuck with the gift card.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing, there is no refund price or $169.99 or similar listed anywhere on the receipt. There is only the price of the system plus tax (something like $217) then the other two items with the prices listed and subtracted for each of the non 3DS items.

I can't imagine that TRU would just give me the price of the system back and ignore the other two items, so this is more of a curiosity for me on where or how the policy is detailed now.

I actually just upgraded my 3DS to the 3DS XL.

Basically:

- use a PC to copy everything from the 3DS 2GB SD Card to the 4GB SD Card that comes with the XL.

- Insert 4GB SD Card in 3DS.

- Launch transfer tool on both 3DS and 3DS XL, follow instructions.

- Take 4GB SD Card in 3DS out and put it in 3DS XL.

At this point, your 3DS XL will match what was on your 3DS. You will NOT have Mario Kart 7, it has been wiped.

Go to the eShop and find Mario Kart 7 - it will say "Redownload" rather than purchase, and you just dowload it to your 3DS XL.

[quote name='nuuuuj']So do you guys recommend downloading games from the eShop or buying actual carts? I'm trying to help out a co-worker, and just want to point him either to this week's TRU deal for the MK bundle, or next week's BB deal.[/QUOTE]

I really dislike Digital Downloads on handhelds because if you have several units in the house, you can't just swap cartridges to swap games. Secondly, a digital download has no value once you purchase it. A physical purchase can be sold, traded, etc.

On the other hand, I sold my Mario Kart 7 when I got my new XL Mario Kart bundle, and there is definitely something convenient about quitting whatever physical game I'm playing and jumping into the digital download Mario Kart 7 without getting the game case, swapping cartridges, etc.

Definitely a personal preference.

[quote name='soonersfan60']What do I need to do the transfer? Is it all wireless?[/QUOTE]

Both the 3DS and 3DS XL have to be on at the same time, running the transfer tool. It's all done wirelessly, except at the end you take the SD Card out of the 3DS and put it in the 3DS XL (see my post a few posts ago about the specifics for this).

[quote name='LD_Helix']Yeah I know, wish there was a way to transfer those games....

Is there a way to transfer those games? Definitely hit this deal if there was.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's a pretty simple process too. And fun to watch as Pikmin haul your data from one system to the next.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm not going to take you up on the offer, but I wanted to point out that pink and black would be awesome. The first thought I had when I saw the pink model was "Man, I wish the base was still black"

hart-foundation.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... that's the first thing I thought of, actually.

[quote name='bk187']I was under the impression (from other threads) that the game came preloaded on the system (meaning if you system transfer it, the game is wiped out). If that's correct I think you can get both and then system transfer from the blue to the red to move the game. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I've done it already. Conider it confirmed. When you system transfer it does indeed transfer mk7 to the other system.

[quote name='elessar123']It's pre-installed, I think.[/QUOTE]

It's pre-installed.

If you transfer from another system to the XL, it wipes it along with the Dinosaur Office Trailer, but you can redownload it from the eShop at no extra cost.

This information should be in the OP if the MK7 bundle is part of the deal.

[quote name='lifebenders']Still not biting, unless they come up with a better library of games.[/QUOTE]

you're joking right?

Theatrhythm
LoZ OoT 3d
Kid Icarus
RE Revelations
Mario kart
mario 3d land
etc etc

[quote name='lifebenders']Still not biting, unless they come up with a better library of games.[/QUOTE]

Good for you, but you didn't have to come and post that here.

[quote name='animemaniac14']you're joking right?

Theatrhythm
LoZ OoT 3d
Kid Icarus
RE Revelations
Mario kart
mario 3d land
etc etc[/QUOTE]

Any good rpg's that you can reccomend? Of course im getting mario and zelda games, im thinkin about getting a 3ds this year.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Any good rpg's that you can reccomend? Of course im getting mario and zelda games, im thinkin about getting a 3ds this year.[/QUOTE]

If you like dungeon crawlers, Etrian Odyssey IV is coming out soon.

[quote name='elessar123']If you like dungeon crawlers, Etrian Odyssey IV is coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget fire emblem coming early2013.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Any good rpg's that you can reccomend? Of course im getting mario and zelda games, im thinkin about getting a 3ds this year.[/QUOTE]

Paper Mario, Tales of, Kingdom Hearts.

Why is it taking so long to get proper 3ds xl accessories stateside? Japan and even Europe have em what's going on in the us? I would hold out on cases and just use the foam holster it came packed in. The real cases should be around the corner.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Don't forget fire emblem coming early2013.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed for release on feb 4th 2013 in US and April for Europe.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Paper Mario, Tales of, Kingdom Hearts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks already had those in mind . Never played paper mario though tales of and kh will be my first buy after gs sells amazon gc's or i get a good deal frOm gs

Theatrhythm
LoZ OoT 3d
Kid Icarus
RE Revelations
Mario kart
mario 3d land
etc etc[/QUOTE]

none of them are good choices for me. But Fire Emblem is coming out in USA soon. I got the JPN one and I liked it, only complaint i had with it was that the game was easier than before even ont he hardest level.

[quote name='momotenshi']Confirmed for release on feb 4th 2013 in US and April for Europe.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn! That's great news. Earlier than I thought.

ahh crap, this is tempting this comes after i dropped some moola on that ACIII liberation vita bundle from amazon on BF. i don't think i need 2 handheld consoles anyways. sigh...

Theatrhythm
LoZ OoT 3d
Kid Icarus
RE Revelations
Mario kart
mario 3d land
etc etc[/QUOTE]

LOL. I was going to say the same thing. Great list!

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Thanks already had those in mind . Never played paper mario though tales of and kh will be my first buy after gs sells amazon gc's or i get a good deal frOm gs[/QUOTE]

Amazon's price for Tales of the Abyss is horrid. Like $10 above MSRP. Just get it at Gamestop proper. It's currently $10 off of MSRP (cheapest I've ever seen it, and I've been keeping a decent eye on it since it came out).

[quote name='GDB']Amazon's price for Tales of the Abyss is horrid. Like $10 above MSRP. Just get it at Gamestop proper. It's currently $10 off of MSRP (cheapest I've ever seen it, and I've been keeping a decent eye on it since it came out).[/QUOTE]

What? Tales of the Abyss (3DS) is $29.99 from Amazon.com.

Just to confirm all 3DS consoles (Except maybe the ones bundled with software) will be $40 off all next week?

I ask because I bought my neice a pink 3DS (original) for X-mas from Best Buy a few weeks ago thinking I could PM it when there was a price drop/sale but I just want to make sure it applies to all colors otherwise I should get BB CSR on the phone now to PM target's sale before it end in a few hours.

So what do think the chances are that target price matches BB on the pink xl and I use this $8 off purchase of $80 or more coupon that I have?

Anybody know Gamestop's price matching policy for stuff like this? I have a bit of store credit there and wouldn't mind just putting it all towards an XL.

[quote name='iKhaotic']Anybody know Gamestop's price matching policy for stuff like this? I have a bit of store credit there and wouldn't mind just putting it all towards an XL.[/QUOTE]

GS matches? Thats news to me.

[quote name='iKhaotic']Anybody know Gamestop's price matching policy for stuff like this? I have a bit of store credit there and wouldn't mind just putting it all towards an XL.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesn't match.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Gamestop doesn't match.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop does match... but you have to throw a fit... but they DO have a price match policy,
(Source I used to manage one)

bread's done
Back