3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I bet it's possible to PM the BB sale at Fry's Mario Kart Bundle. Worth a shot. :D[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm gonna try at Target, if Target has the bundle.

[quote name='The Punisher']I been holding out due to not having a 2nd analog.
So they release a piece to attach to the 3ds, butwhat about the 3ds xl?
Did they ever make one for the XL?[/QUOTE]

There is a Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL, but it's only available in Japan at the moment (or you could buy it through somewhere like play-asia.com - from what I hear it works fine on any 3DS XL, and it's not ilke you need to be able to read the instructions or anything for getting it setup.

Yes but it's only been released in Japan so far.

nice i just bought it at bestbuy when it went on sale for $180. time to get $20 back. thanks op

As others have said, only released in Japan. but play-asia has it.

Honestly, not having a second analog is not that big of a deal.

[quote name='Lirath15']As others have said, only released in Japan. but play-asia has it.

Honestly, not having a second analog is not that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

alright. thanks

Holding off on this too. Need better colors, some free actual game carts tossed in and more than 2 or 3 console exclusives that I've been itching to play.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I bet it's possible to PM the BB sale at Fry's Mario Kart Bundle. Worth a shot. :D[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea at all! I'll try it on Sunday and see what happens :applause:

[quote name='TommyLove']This is such a great deal, but must resist....I still have to beat my ambassador games and I'll never let my Zelda 3DS go.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LD_Helix']Yeah I know, wish there was a way to transfer those games....

Is there a way to transfer those games? Definitely hit this deal if there was.[/QUOTE]

Here's a video on how to transfer data from one 3DS to the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SHS56j93lhU

I'd pick it up, but i think I'll wait until the next Pokemon game comes out to buy one. lol I have 3 DS systems(diff models) and the only games i own are Pokemon games.

[quote name='soonersfan60']What stores will retroactively price match this if I buy the system this week?

Will Target do that?[/QUOTE]Best Buy will, but I'm not sure about Target.

Did any of the 3DS games ever really need a 2nd analog? I play my kids 3ds all of the time and I have yet to feel I need another analog controller.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did any of the 3DS games ever really need a 2nd analog? I play my kids 3ds all of the time and I have yet to feel I need another analog controller.[/QUOTE]

Revelations, but that came with a circle pad pro iirc.

Curious anyone here know if the XL would be too big for a small child? Say a 7 - 9 year old girl? I have a family member that wants a pink 3DS and this might be the ticket here.

Thanks for the heads up OP! I was going to wait untill Animal Crossing came out (since that's the one i'm DYING to get) but I'm pretty sure I won't see a deal like this anytime before then. THANKS!

[quote name='Waru']Curious anyone here know if the XL would be too big for a small child? Say a 7 - 9 year old girl? I have a family member that wants a pink 3DS and this might be the ticket here.[/QUOTE]

Nah!!

[quote name='InvaderZim']Did any of the 3DS games ever really need a 2nd analog? I play my kids 3ds all of the time and I have yet to feel I need another analog controller.[/QUOTE]

I blame that on nintendo not being wise enough to include a second stick, espcaily after the years PSP got bitched about by not having a 2nd stick.

Looks like i'm finally gonna upgrade my 3DS, only thing that would keep me from upgrading at this point would be hearing news about new 3ds XL colors in today's Nintendo Direct.

[quote name='maximumzero']Why do I have a gut feeling the Mario Kart 7 bundle isn't part of this deal?[/QUOTE]

Because it won't be. Doesn't make sense for it to be part of the deal.

That being said, if on the .00000000000000000000001% chance it is, instant buy.

As someone already said, it's only available in Japan so far unless you import.

It makes it almost the same size as the Vita with the Nyko Powergrip in case that matters to you. I mainly game at home, so it doesn't bother me.

WOg3o.jpg

[quote name='soonersfan60']What stores will retroactively price match this if I buy the system this week?

Will Target do that?[/QUOTE]

I think Target is 7 or 14 days, I'm not sure how or if they have a Holiday policy right now. I think Best Buy would be your best bet unless you have a red card.

Hmm well I have the Mario kart xl for 200 with 30 giftcard, is this deal really better?

Edit...yah im going with this glad I kept 3dsxl unopened Im good with just the virtue game to start :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the pink/white XL even available in the US? or did the OP mistake this as a non XL sale price?

Edit: Never mind, just read the Best Buy ad thread and it is indeed the XL, apparently Pink/White version launches 12/9. Very tempted to pick one up at this price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RiPPn']Is the pink/white XL even available in the US? or did the OP mistake this as a non XL sale price?[/QUOTE]

No mistake. He also says it also shows the nonXL for $129.

I just picked up a MK7 bundle from TRU today (I'm a fan of MK) but still find myself interested in this deal. $160 for the 3DS XL alone vs an MK7 bundle with $30 GC. For a fan of the MK series who doesn't mind the game being preinstalled, the TRU bundle is the better deal right?

Kid Icarus Uprising would have benefited greatly from a 2nd analog. In addition to that, any FPS game would benefit from one as well.

[quote name='destro4eva']Holding off on this too. Need better colors, some free actual game carts tossed in and more than 2 or 3 console exclusives that I've been itching to play.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that has got to be the best sig animation EVAR!!! :D

I am so mad right now I just bought the xl Mario kart bundle from gamestop yesterday. Does anyone know the return policy?

[quote name='joshb123']I am so mad right now I just bought the xl Mario kart bundle from gamestop yesterday. Does anyone know the return policy?[/QUOTE]

Im not Sure is it opened? I dont think you can return it . Maybe store credit

damn at $160 the 3DS XL is very tempting but thing is I would probably end up barely playing it just like when I got the original DS. Now if they ever have a $130-$150 Mario bundle I may not be able to resist

So not sure if I'm allowed to ask this so I apologize in advance, but does anyone know if a ds wood r4 cart would work on a 3ds xl?

Thanks in advance

I know I'm not alone in struggling with the decision to keep the TRU gift card deal, but does anyone have any experience with returning an item after having used the free gift card? I thought I saw something about TRU having you "return" the card by charging you the amount, but I can't find confirmation.

[quote name='guaglio']I know I'm not alone in struggling with the decision to keep the TRU gift card deal, but does anyone have any experience with returning an item after having used the free gift card? I thought I saw something about TRU having you "return" the card by charging you the amount, but I can't find confirmation.[/QUOTE]

They should have adjusted the return value of the item you purchased to offset the value of the "free" gift card. You should be able to see this on your receipt.

Shit, I've been sitting here debating about the Mario Kart bundle/GC deal and finally decided against it... and now this? Sigh.

I hate it because I've been holding out for new colors, but $160 at a time where I have the extra cash? Damn you, Best Buy. My willpower may not be strong enough.

I was planning to trade in my 3DS at Best Buy before BF but their trading system was down, so I couldn't trade it in. Now the trade in values have dropped.

Is the Nintendo 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle the same as the non-bundle?
Or is the Mario Kart bundle an newer/updated model?
Debating whether to return my Mario Kart Bundle since I don't care much for the game and rather save $40 dollars plus tax.

Had picked one up at Target for $180 earlier in November, so I can still return it or get it price matched. However, I now have a triple reward point coupon for Best Buy, so I can't decide which location to buy at. 5% off at Target ends up being about $8.42 cheaper than Best Buy. However, I'd get about 477 to 480 points, which is just shy of a $10 voucher. They end up being about equal, and I really don't expect to get even close to Silver level regardless of this purchase (requires 2500 points, this would only put me at like 1040, and outside of late November to December I generally spend about $50 total at Best Buy during the year). This is a tough choice.

Just remembered, I used a $10 off $75 purchase at Target. I'll get them to price match it, and if they try to give me crap about the $10 off no longer being applicable and thus cannot price match (or must remove the discount before PMing), I'll return it and get it at Best Buy out of principle. Sounds like a plan.

What's the word on resale of classic 3DS systems? Still got my $250 launch unit and I'd like to upgrade for cheap if at all possible. The colors on the XL are horrid but I still think the upgrade would be worthy.

[quote name='LagFighter']What's the word on resale of classic 3DS systems? Still got my $250 launch unit and I'd like to upgrade for cheap if at all possible. The colors on the XL are horrid but I still think the upgrade would be worthy.[/QUOTE]

Classic 3DSs have been trading in to Amazon for around $100.

[quote name='LagFighter']What's the word on resale of classic 3DS systems? Still got my $250 launch unit and I'd like to upgrade for cheap if at all possible. The colors on the XL are horrid but I still think the upgrade would be worthy.[/QUOTE]

stickers and/or an opaque case/cover...

i really dont know why they haven't released a black/black or their slate one in the US yet. most of our electronics are that color. they must have a surplus of nintendo blue and red at some factory they're trying to get rid of.

i like the pink and white more but considering this is the 1st major 3DS XL deal, there should be more to come...esp w/the momentum of Wii U. I may still hold out for a more desirable color scheme.

[quote name='theflicker']They should have adjusted the return value of the item you purchased to offset the value of the "free" gift card. You should be able to see this on your receipt.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The receipt shows the full price of the 3DS but lists -30 and -11 to cancel out the gift card and stylus that rang up. This leads me to believe the full price of the system would be refunded since the full price of the 3DS is reflected on the receipt?

Though I'm sure TRU has some kind of protection or policy to deal with the gift card and free stylus. I just can't find the policy that addresses this. Ah well, if anything, I'll find out in store on Sunday unless anyone here has gone through this and could share?

Toys R Us will only refund you 169.99 and you have to return the system and the stylus. On your receipt under the listing for 3DS XL Blue Holiday, it should say something like REFUND PRICE 169.99. They will refund that amount and you are stuck with the gift card.

[quote name='guaglio']Thanks. The receipt shows the full price of the 3DS but lists -30 and -11 to cancel out the gift card and stylus that rang up. This leads me to believe the full price of the system would be refunded since the full price of the 3DS is reflected on the receipt?

Though I'm sure TRU has some kind of protection or policy to deal with the gift card and free stylus. I just can't find the policy that addresses this. Ah well, if anything, I'll find out in store on Sunday unless anyone here has gone through this and could share?[/QUOTE]

I think this is not going to be just best buy. I get the feeling this is a price drop across the board, and so far only BB is available for next week. If you look at the Gamestop Ad, for example....they don't list the price of the pink 3ds xl. It's on their website as 199, but the actual ad is...i think...intentionally vague.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I'd rather pay the $160, have a choice of colors and have a real copy of Mario Kart 7 than be the downloadable bundle it comes with. So this works out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Nintendo sucks with the online stuff. They have their stuff tie to the system, not user account. If your system is lost or stolen or just broken, all your digital games go with it.

bread's done
Back