3DS XL $159.99 @ Best Buy (Dec 9-15)

Back4more

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Found next weeks flyer at BB today. the blue/black, red/black, and pink/white 3DS XL's will be on sale for $159.99 Dec 9th thru 15th. I tried to get the price matched today but the salesperson wouldnt go for it. so I paid the $200 and I'll go back and get the price match sunday.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Yep, Nintendo sucks with the online stuff. They have their stuff tie to the system, not user account. If your system is lost or stolen or just broken, all your digital games go with it.[/QUOTE]

I see this repeated a lot, but has anyone actually tried to get nintendo to transfer your content from a broken/stolen 3ds? I imagine they could/would in these circumstances.

I got the MK7 bundle at Toys R Us with $30 GC. I LOVE the convenience of the digital download games, no cartidge swapping. I even bought Super Mario 3D Land on the eshop. I just love the convenience, and I haven't traded in or sold a used video game since my SNES days. I don't see what the fuss is about. If you are planning on getting MK7 anyway, the Toys R Us bundle is much better deal IMO.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I have a 3ds and not sure on the XL because I have a feeling they are gonna have like an XL lite[/QUOTE]

Really? That would be a new step as far as their revisions go. I could see maybe more battery efficient, maybe a brighter screen, but that's a long way off, I would imagine.

I just paid 175 for mine last week lol. Like the great Arnold Rothstein recently said, "A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in."

Have had my 3DS since launch and I'm contemplating on upgrading to the XL. For this price, it would be worth the upgrade since I have some credit at Best Buy. :D

I wonder if I buy the Mario Kart 7 XL at TRU this week with $30 gift card if I'll be able to price match the $159.99 price on Sunday?

Anyone have experience with doing something like this?

[quote name='Calinks']I just paid 175 for mine last week lol. Like the great Arnold Rothstein recently said, "A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in."[/QUOTE]

50 bucks seems kinda low for trade in. I'm one of the suckers who about the thing at 250 this makes owning a 3DS pretty expensive.

Anyone know what best trade in prices on original 3DS are? Best Buy isn't doing 100% on systems are they?

[quote name='theflicker']Really? That would be a new step as far as their revisions go. I could see maybe more battery efficient, maybe a brighter screen, but that's a long way off, I would imagine.[/QUOTE]

It would certainly be more appealing with a lighter form factor. My concern would be durability because it still sell mostly to kids.

[quote name='SaintTardamus']Amazon is almost a $100 trade in on an original 3ds in mint condition. Depends on color.[/QUOTE]

Is that credit only or cash? Haven't traded with them in a while.

[quote name='Fatbot3']50 bucks seems kinda low for trade in. I'm one of the suckers who about the thing at 250 this makes owning a 3DS pretty expensive.

Anyone know what best trade in prices on original 3DS are? Best Buy isn't doing 100% on systems are they?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has ~95 on the Blue/REd ones, and ~85 for the black ones.

I'm trying to find the trade-in value for just a plan black DS Lite is at Best Buy. I've used the trade-in tool and I can't seem to find that ONE DS. Anybody have any idea how much it might be?

Do we have a insider at Best Buy that say, yes PM will work. Keep seeing Mario pack isn't apart of this deal. Not sure what to believe. ಠ_ಠ

Dang it, I just bought the MK7 deal from TRU. I got a $42 GC (it was supposed to be $30, I don't know how it ended up being $42), the stylus and a game I always wanted. What's so bad about owning MK7 digitally? If I lose my system do I lose the game forever?

system + $40 game + $42 GC + stylus (small value, not that big a deal) = $200
vs.
system = $160 + $40 game = $200

How is this a better deal, considering someone who actually wants to own Mario Kart 7? Is there something else I'm not considering here, outside of the lower initial investment?

Edit: Also I'd be stuck with the TRU gift card, and I'd get back a smaller refund than what I paid? That's also kind of a pain, not sure if it's worth all that hassle. Even though I could earn a lot of bonus Best Buy points with my rewards card...

[quote name='HydroX']I wonder if I buy the Mario Kart 7 XL at TRU this week with $30 gift card if I'll be able to price match the $159.99 price on Sunday?

Anyone have experience with doing something like this?[/QUOTE]

According to their price match FAQ, they price match within 7 days of purchase:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Only issue is they might not honor it since the MK7 bundle isn't technically part of the BB sale. MSRPs are all the same though so you might get lucky and find an employee who will do it for you.

I still have my spend $10/get $20 groupon to Toys R Us from last week that would make a price match awesome even on a standard XL, since it would effectively cost $150 out of pocket.

[quote name='johnnypark']According to their price match FAQ, they price match within 7 days of purchase:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

Only issue is they might not honor it since the MK7 bundle isn't technically part of the BB sale. MSRPs are all the same though so you might get lucky and find an employee who will do it for you.

I still have my spend $10/get $20 groupon to Toys R Us from last week that would make a price match awesome even on a standard XL, since it would effectively cost $150 out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you reassured my fears. I guess the worst thing I can do is try to PM at different stores during different shift times. Although not sure it would make it a deal if I drove all over the place. ;)

I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

$202 (w/ coke) - $20 (twiter/Amex) - $50 (Halo4/Amex) - $20 GC (included) = $112+tax

or

$160 - $50 (Halo4/Amex) = $110+tax

Plus I know I can get $100 for my 3DS on Craigslist after I transfer my Ambassador games.

I don't have MK7, so this makes sense to me. I like the blue color anyways.

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)

[quote name='Desousa93']Good deal but I'm still not in until they make a 3d pokemon game or a pokemon special edition available in AMERICA[/QUOTE]

They will probably do it. Everyone loves pokemon. I want see a cool zelda 3dsXL

[quote name='roblutter']I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

$202 (w/ coke) - $20 (twiter/Amex) - $50 (Halo4/Amex) - $20 GC (included) = $112+tax

or

Plus I know I can get $100 for my 3DS on Craigslist after I transfer my Ambassador games.

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)[/QUOTE]

I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????

[quote name='The Punisher']I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????[/QUOTE]
It was a Twitter dealy through Amex... I think it might have ended.

[quote name='The Punisher']I just finish beating halo 4 today! So, just have to wait so i can do the $50 off $100, but what is the $20 off $200????[/QUOTE]
Also, you don't have to beat the game to get the $50 off $100... just 1 Spartan Ops mission.

[quote name='roblutter']I've got the $20 off $200 and $50 off $100 AmEx deals loaded on my card... I'm thinkin' I might stroll into BB today and buy the MK7 bundle and a coke instead...

or

Thoughts? I think this is a no-brainer for the MK7 bundle. I can always try to price match next week ;) ;)[/QUOTE]

Amex only looks at the total charge to be $200+ (including tax). No need to buy a coke.
I don't know if Amex will consider a price adjustment like a return. If it's a return, Amex will take back the credit if you are below $200. Safest method would be to buy a $200 BestBuy GC with amex, and pay using that.

[quote name='droidekaspam']Amex only looks at the total charge to be $200+ (including tax). No need to buy a coke.
I don't know if Amex will consider a price adjustment like a return. If it's a return, Amex will take back the credit if you are below $200. Safest method would be to buy a $200 BestBuy GC with amex, and pay using that.[/QUOTE]
Is rather do it the backwards way of getting a price adjustment paid back on a BB gift card.

[quote name='Lanmind']Anybody know if GameStop or ToysRus will match this price if I bring best buys ad into their store?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop definitely won't, not sure about ToysRus

[quote name='Covnam']This is very tempting.[/QUOTE]

It is. It's like, get this now, or wait for better colors and or other bundles. The backlog suggests I should wait through, especially since I just beat VLR.

Jeeze. I bought the xl for 180 last month, swapped it for the MK bundle this week, and now there's this deal. Ah well. Excellent deal for anyone thinking about a 3DS. For what it's worth, I think the MK bundle from this week is a slightly better deal since you'll never have to lug around an MK cartridge. On the other hand, I would never actually buy a downloadable game from Nintendo. Their policy is beyond horrible for that stuff.

[quote name='Npat12']I bought my 3DS XL on 11/14/12 for 179.99 at Best Buy. Will I be able to take my Receipt in and get a price adjustment. Or is that to long of time to lapse and they won't honor that. Either Way I can take this one back and rebuy at $159.99[/QUOTE]

At worse, buy the new same 3DS XL and return it with old receipt. ^_^

[quote name='GodofGambler']At worse, buy the new same 3DS XL and return it with old receipt. ^_^[/QUOTE]
That kind of behavior is generally frowned upon in these parts. In addition, it wouldn't work as they typically scan the serial number at checkout and it prints on the receipt.

[quote name='GodofGambler']At worse, buy the new same 3DS XL and return it with old receipt. ^_^[/QUOTE]

That won't work, they keep track of console serial numbers, it's on your receipt and their system

frys electronics has a deal this week for the 3ds xl for 180 and it also comes with Mario Kart 7. is the frys deal better than this deal? cause i know the mario kart game is 30 bux alone. so if i got the deal from best buy next week, it would still cost me 10 bux more if i bought the game too. the frys deal ends tomorrow, so gotta make up my mind soon lol

Has anyone seen the 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle at Target? I just checked the website and it says online only but I'm having a hard time believing that since Walmart/BB have it in store.

[quote name='thisjustanother']frys electronics has a deal this week for the 3ds xl for 180 and it also comes with Mario Kart 7. is the frys deal better than this deal? cause i know the mario kart game is 30 bux alone. so if i got the deal from best buy next week, it would still cost me 10 bux more if i bought the game too. the frys deal ends tomorrow, so gotta make up my mind soon lol[/QUOTE]

the MK bundle comes with a digital download code while buying them separately would give you a hard copy, but it would be 20 extra bucks. MK runs around 40 bucks right now.

[quote name='frankenthumbs']the MK bundle comes with a digital download code while buying them separately would give you a hard copy, but it would be 20 extra bucks. MK runs around 40 bucks right now.[/QUOTE]

So which would you guys recommend? The MK bundle+$30 GC from TRU this week, or the BB deal next week.

Wait, the Mario Kart is a digital download code? That's awesome, because my son wants the red unit and I want the blue one, and was trying to figure out how to transfer the game to him. Can anyone confirm this? Can I just have him download Mario Kart so it's tied to his red machine?

[quote name='soonersfan60']Wait, the Mario Kart is a digital download code? That's awesome, because my son wants the red unit and I want the blue one, and was trying to figure out how to transfer the game to him. Can anyone confirm this? Can I just have him download Mario Kart so it's tied to his red machine?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Mario Kart is pre-installed on the system. So, as far as I know, there's no way to transfer it to a different system.

This might have changed, but I had a DSiXL with two Brain Age games pre-installed, and neither of them transferred when I did the DSi to 3DS transfer. So, unless Nintendo has changed the policy for 3DS to 3DS transfer, it's entirely possible that the pre-installed games are tied to that specific system forever.

Again, I may be wrong, but I'd definitely look into it before assuming anything about transferring.

If I can't get the MK7 bundle on the cheap, I may get the Pink/White and swap the pink shell for someone's blue or red. Just think how awesome a pink/black 3ds would look. Any takers? :)

[quote name='soonersfan60']Wait, the Mario Kart is a digital download code? That's awesome, because my son wants the red unit and I want the blue one, and was trying to figure out how to transfer the game to him. Can anyone confirm this? Can I just have him download Mario Kart so it's tied to his red machine?[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression (from other threads) that the game came preloaded on the system (meaning if you system transfer it, the game is wiped out). If that's correct I think you can get both and then system transfer from the blue to the red to move the game. I could be wrong though.

The game is pre-installed on the system. There is no download code included in the box, so your son won't be able to download it without paying for it in the eShop.

It's pre-installed, I think.

bread's done
Back