$4.99 Best Buy Games IN-STORE!!!

Meursault

CAG Veteran
I hadn't even seen the topics on CAG about the online prices. I just happened to walk into a Best Buy on the way home from work (night shift).

Anyway, there are way more $4.99 games (and under) that have not been mentioned in the other threads on this page, and I really doubt the prices are YMMV. I think it's good for all stores if your store has them.

In fact, I actually browsed through an entire list of all of the $4.99 and under games. There were probably around 50 of them.

This is what I picked up:

Megaman Network Transmission (GC) = $4.99
Wario World (GC) = $4.99
NCAA Football 2004 (GC) = $4.99
Phantasy Star Online I & II (XBOX) = $4.99
Voodoo Vince ($4.99)

This is what I had in my hand but in the end decided not to get:

Bionicle (XBOX) = $4.99
Big Mutha Truckers (XBOX) = $4.99
Evil Dead: Fistful Of Boomstick (XBOX) = $4.99
The Italian Job (XBOX) = $4.99

There were a load of the other games available, many for the PS2 (which I don't have), so I was less interested in what those games were, but there must have been at least 25 titles or so.

From what I remember, Dark Cloud, Primal (?), NCAA Football 2004, DMC 2, etc.

Also, there were a ton of GBA games for cheap. Boktai was $9.99, for example. Again, I don't have a GBA, so I wasn't really paying rapt attention.

Also, some PS2 and PSX games were 99 cents. Don't remember what they were unfortunately.

Shrek 2 Preview Disc (?) was 1 cent.

Sorry I couldn't pilfer the list, but it was left out on a table (I think by accident), and I got some suspicious looks from some employess when I was leafing through it.

My memory's pretty good though, in general...

I'll try and answer any questions if there are any!

I had nothing else to do, so I scoured the threads and such and made a super-ultra-mega updated list. Enjoy:

PS2
Armored Core 3
Auto Modellista
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Battlestar Galactica
Black & Bruised
Blowout (99 cents)
Chaos Legion
Clock Tower 3
Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex/Splashdown 2-Pack
Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry 2
Disaster Report
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Dynasty Tactics 2
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
Evolution Skateboarding
Fifa Soccer 2003
Freaky Flyers (99 cents)
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
Goblin Commander
Great Escape
Guilty Gear X-2
Haven: Call of the King
.Hack Part 1
Headhunter
Hidden Invasion
Hot Wheels: World Race
Hulk
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Jet X2O
Lethal Skies II
Lord of the Rings
Minority Report (99 cents)
Mobile Light Force
Monster Rancher 4
Monster Jam 4x4
MVP Baseball 2003
Nascar Thunder 2004
NBA Jam 2004
NCAA Football 2004
NHL 2003
Okage: Shadow King
Pac-Man Fever
Parappa The Rapper 2
PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Red Faction
Red Faction 2
Reel Fishing 3
Resident Evil Dead Aim
Road Kill
Robotech Battlecry
Rogue Ops
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
Rygar
Shox
Silent Hill 2
Smash Cars
Smuggler's Run GH
Stuntman
Summoner 2
Timesplitters 2
Twisted Metal Black
Unlimited Saga
Whiplash
Wild Arms 3
Winback: Covert Operation
Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

GC
ATV Quad Power Racing 2
Backyard Baseball
BeyBlade
Beyond Good & Evil
Big Mother Truckers
Bionicle
Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dead to Rights
Disney's Haunted Mansion
Drome Racers
Enter the Matrix
F1 2002
Freedom Fighters
Gladius
Godzilla Destory all Monsters Melee
I-Ninja
Jimmy Neutron
Lost Kingdoms 2
Mary Kate & Ashley: Sweet Sixteen
Megaman Network Transmission
NCAA Football 2004
NHL 2003
NHL Hitz Pro
Rocky
Rogue Ops
Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy
Star Wars: Clones Wars
Wario World

XBX
Aggressive Inline
Alien vs Predator Extinction
Amped
Apex
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (99 cents)
Battlestar Galactica
Blinx
Blood Wake
Bloody Roar Extreme
Capcom vs SNK Pro EO
Crimson Sea
Dino Crisis 3
Disney Skating game
Disney's Haunted Mansion
Dynasty Warriors 4
ESPN Football (2k4)
Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha
Goblin Commander
Great Escape
Guilty Gear X-2
Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
Hulk
Indiana Jones
Italian Job
Jet Set Radio Future
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Kill.Switch
Legends Of Wrestling II
Lord of the Rings: FOTR
Metal Arms- Glitch in the System
Motor Trend Presents: Lotus Challenge
Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit
NBA Jam 2004
NBA Live 2003
Nightcaster II
Oddworld
Phantasy Star Online I & II
Pulse Racer (99 cents)
Quantum Redshift
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Red Faction 2
RLH
Road Kill
Robotech Battlecry
Rogue Ops
Shenmue 2
Spy Hunter
State of Emergency
Superman
Syberia
Terminator 3
Test Drive
The Thing
Tony Hawk 2x
UFC 2
Voodoo Vince
WWF Raw

GBA
Banjo-Kazooie
Backyard Hockey
Battlebots
DBZ: Goku
Disney's Magical Quest
Fairly Odd Parents: Breakin Da Rules
Fifa Soccer 2004
Golden Sun: the Lost Age
Hamtaro
Hobbit
Lost Vikings
Madden 2004
Medabots Ax: Medabee
Megaman Zero 2
Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition
Muppets: On With the Show
Sim City 2000
Spongebob Flying Dutchman
Spyro
Stuart Little 2 (99 cents)
Tom & Jerry: Infurnal Escape
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (99 cents)
Wario Ware, Inc.

PS1
101 Dalmations
Final Fantasy Origins
Grand Theft Auto 2
King of Fighters
Putter Golf
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Soul Blade
Turnabout

E-RDR CARDS for $0.01:
tennis
donkey kong 3

Also of interest for 9.99
Boktai - GBA
Godai: Elemental Force - PS2
Legend of Legaia 2 - PS2
Otogi - XB
RPG Maker II - PS2
Winning Eleven Soccer 6 - PS2

Megaman Zero 2? Sweet.

Man these deals most have happended last week or even before, because I know one BB had tons of FFOrigins and they were gone rather suddenly. I also saw some of these titles listed before and they were gone shortly.

I'm going to have to search deeply for Megaman Zero 2. That is my second most wanted game behind Castlevania Aria of Sorrow right now.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Can anyone see EB and Gamestop not accepting these titles for trade in(or $3 trade in credit), in the near future? I have i bad feeling about this....[/quote]

That's what FYE/Strawberries is for!!!

Thanks for the updated list rocksolidaudio. Now I'm going to have to start selling some things to get some quick $$$.

[quote name='shawagg']I got an extra copy of Goblin Comander for XB. I'll trade for Guilty Gear X2 (PS2), Hulk (Xbox), Wario World (GCN), Freedom Fighters (Xbox), or something eles that you may want to offer.

(BTW I prefer to trade than sell it)

PM me if interested.[/quote]

I picked up The Great Escape. I'd trade it for Goblin Commander or Freedom Fighters. I also have Morrowind I'd trade for GC. If those aren't good enough, I can buy them from you.

Hmm, is it possible that the Bestbuy stores will recieve more copies of these games from their warehouse? Someone said they sometimes get more shipments of these games in even after they sell out. In any case, I'll probably be going to my local Best Buy every day for the next week or so, just in case they have a few more games for $5 that I wanted (though I did get a few good ones).

[quote name='Edge']Hmm, is it possible that the Bestbuy stores will recieve more copies of these games from their warehouse? Someone said they sometimes get more shipments of these games in even after they sell out. In any case, I'll probably be going to my local Best Buy every day for the next week or so, just in case they have a few more games for $5 that I wanted (though I did get a few good ones).[/quote]

a lot of the games on this list will come up in the system as "deleted" which means they don't carry it anymore...there maybe a few exceptions but everything i wanted showed deleted when i asked the guy to check other locations for copies

anything that's on the shelf is just waiting to be cleared out.

Man talk about good timing, I decide to hit up another best buy and beat this other guy to the last copy of Freedom fighters for the ps2 by a good thirty seconds, only reason I managed it was because he kept looking at his list instead of just looking at the signs. Picked up The Thing and Pulse Racers while I was at it, now to decide which to play.

Lancaster OH BB still had a decent selection.

I picked up:
GBA - Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue & White versions (last copy of White, still one Blue left)
GC - Mega Man Network Transmission
PS2 - Parappa The Rapper 2
PS1 - Dirt Jockey

If I wouldn't have had to get gas on my way home, I would have picked up Aggressive Inline for XBox and Kelly Slater's Pro Surfing for PS2 as well...hopefully they will still be there in a day or two.

Culver City, Ca had very little

Wakeboarding Unleashed $5 (got the last one)
Rogue Ops PS2 $10
Everquest Online Adventures PS2 $5
Gungrave PS2 $10

I took the 45 minute ride and hit up the West Windsor, NJ store...the employee there said they had some stuff yesterday, but most of it was gone today. Shoulda went there first instead of Bridgewater!

Anyway, I picked up:
Everquest Online Adventures (PS2) $5
XGRA (PS2) $5
Legaia 2 (PS2) $10

There were more copies of Legaia, but I bought the last copies of EQ and XGRA. The only other $5 games I saw were Nightcaster II (XBOX), Beyblade (GC), and Barbie (PS2). There were price tabs for other games like NHL Hitz Pro (GC), but they were all gone.

Buffalo/Amherst BB had nothing of interest. Only thing I saw was wild arms 3 for ps2 for $4.99. They have a lousy selection either way. I almost got Pokemon Channel for $15, but 2 douchebags playing fight night annoyed me enough to just leave.

The one day I don't check on here for deals and what happens... I miss the $15 Final Fantasy CC, the 2nd time I don't I miss this... god... now I'm gonna have to see if I can get someone to run up to Best Buy and check out what they have... God I hate being up at school and not back home where the best buy stores are... ARGH!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Doylerulez']Buffalo/Amherst BB had nothing of interest. Only thing I saw was wild arms 3 for ps2 for $4.99. They have a lousy selection either way. I almost got Pokemon Channel for $15, but 2 douchebags playing fight night annoyed me enough to just leave.[/quote]

i could have told you that my man. i went last night and grabbed the final copy of dynasty warriors and what was one of ten phantasy stars at the time (which when i went back today were all gone), and i already have a copy of it, which can be used as bait hopefully =)

Best Buy in West St Paul, MN has a lot. I picked up:

xbox- Haunted Mansion, Legends of Wrestling 2, and Syberia

ps2- Whiplash, Evolution Skateboarding, Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu, Total Immersion Racing, Haunted Mansion, and Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure

gba- Spyro: Season of Ice, LOTR: Two Towers, and about five other gba games

Not all stellar titles, but the ones I don't want will make great gifts for my young nephew. There were other titles as well. No games for Gamecube. Be sure to check the shelves facing the Xbox games as they have overstock there. Nothing in Burnsville, MN or Richfield, MN Best Buy stores. Good luck!

[quote name='tenzor']can anyone confirm if mega man zero 2 is $4.99 for GBA?[/quote]

I got a mega man zero 2 for $4.99

Here's what I picked up in Westminster, CO

Best Buy
Playstation 2
Freedom Fighters
Mobile Light Forces
Jet X20
Robotech Battlecry
Smuggler's Run (Greatest Hits)
PaRappa The Rapper 2

Gamecube

Xbox
Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Broomstick
NHL Hitz Pro
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines

Circuit City (Price Match)
Nothing they wouldn't price match because they had to be in stock. They had like all the games on the list though... ugh.

Comp USA
Playstation 2
Unlimited Saga (x2)
Dynasty Tactics 2

Gamecube
Enter The Matrix

Xbox
EXPN NFL Football (x2)

Frederick, MD has NOTHING. it was a 45 minute drive too. what a waste of a day. if anyone can pick me up a 4.99 copy of I-Ninja for Gamecube, PM and i'll pay for it + shipping. thanks.

Warwick, RI = NOTHING
North Attelboro, MA =
Freedom Fighters (ps2) X1
Unlimited Saga (ps2) X1 which I left
Metal Arms (OOS)

Best Buy in West Nyack, NY had only a few titles marked down (nothing good) and whatever was marked down was already gone. So overall, I got absolutely nothing from this deal. Damn you, people who got there before me!

I picked up the last copy of Freedom Fighters my local Best Buy would ever carry...at least according to the guy that was selling it.

[quote name='wookieballz']I picked up the last copy of Freedom Fighters my local Best Buy would ever carry...at least according to the guy that was selling it.[/quote]

Why is BB doing this? Why aren't they going to get any more stock?

I went to all a bunch of BBs in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina today. I was mostly paying attention to PS2 titles, but here's what I found:

Durham NC Best Buy: Had the placeholder/price cards for many of the games on the list as $4.99, but were sold out of everything marked down.

Raleigh NC Best Buy (Hwy 70): They had a terrible selection to begin with, and didn't have anything to mark down.

Raleigh NC Best Buy (Capital Blvd.): They had one or two crappy titles marked down that weren't on the list, but didn't have anything else.

Cary NC Best Buy: Score! This store hadn't marked anything down yet. I managed to snatch Goblin Commander and Monster Rancher 4. Both scanned in at $4.99. A couple of titles from the list scanned in at the higher price...so make sure you ask an employee to scan them for you before you waste your time in the checkout line.

~Requiem

These are games that either had trouble selling, or were on the market long enough to warrant a substantial price drop. Once consumer penetration of these titles has reached its saturation point, there's simply no point in restocking. The most sensible step to take would be to lower the prices on the games that are left, sell them off, and be rid of them for good.

That's why you want to take advantage of this deal now, because it's very likely there won't be another like it again (for these games, anyway).

Went to Newington and Hartford, CT found a few games but most of the good deals were gone except Breakdown and PGR2.

All that was left from us were Summoner 2, Winback and a few minor sports games. I think they had Oddworld at Newington,CT for XBox but I skipped over it

Also to take note
Whiplash and Kill switch are NOT $10 or $5 for XBOX. They were $39.99 and $29.99 respetively.

Here are the list of games I found tags for. If the OP could update the first page that would help out greatly.

GBA:
Banjo-Kazooie GR $4.99
Boktai $4.99
Fairly Odd Parents $4.99
Jimmy Neutron $4.99
Maortal Kombat TE $4.99
Mega Man Zero 2 $4.99
Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem $4.99
Spider-man The Movie $4.99

Xbox:
Beyond Good & Evil $4.99
ESPN Football $4.99
NBA Jam $4.99
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights $4.99
Terminator 3 $4.99
Rogue Ops $0.99

I picked up:
PacMan Fever (last copy)
Freedom Fighters (ps2) 1 more copy left
Unlimited Saga 1 more copy left
Big Mutha Truckers (xbox) - Last copy
Great Escape - Last Copy
Some fishing game - last copy.

They had a copy of Xgra, but I was not interested.

Monster Truck 4x4 was $29.99 (Scanned)

Thanks,
Matthew

bread's done
Back