$4.99 Xbox and Playstation 2 games at ebgames.com

[quote name='rawisjericho']I wish XIII would drop to $4.99 for the xbox... Thanks for posting the deal OP.[/quote]

It was at circuit city for a while.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Thanks, OP. I ordered Bombastic. Hopefully it comes back in stock.[/quote]

The game has great gameplay and incredible style. You made the right choice.

I picked up Bombastic for $5 at Circuit City. I couldn't get into it. I don't think it's a bad game, though. Basically, if you're a fan of puzzle games and want a challenge, this is for you, but if you don't think you'll have the patience to figure out an advanced puzzle game, don't get it.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Prices went back up[/quote]

On the following:

Bombastic
Headhunter
XIII (back to $9.99)
Whirl Tour
Haven
Maximo: Army Vs. Zin

The Xbox titles I listed are still the same price, as well as the rest of the games in the OP.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']Prices went back up[/quote]

On the following:

Bombastic
Headhunter
XIII (back to $9.99)
Whirl Tour
Haven
Maximo: Army Vs. Zin

The Xbox titles I listed are still the same price, as well as the rest of the games in the OP.[/quote]

robotech went back up as well

[quote name='opportunity777']BS I was about to get Maximo too :p

Damn you ebgames.com ... damn you all straight to hell![/quote]

When EB does these price drops, it's important to jump on them immediately, since they last for maybe a day.

I jumped on Headhunter, the rest I either had already or didn't want. I picked Alias back up again, since I had traded it to Scorch a few weeks ago.

i just got

ICO - Pre-Played $9.99

SSX - Pre-Played $4.99

NHL 2002 $2.99

Mad Maestro! $5.99

Total Discount: - $5.99
Subtotal: $17.97
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $1.48
Total: $19.45

stupid tax

Mad Maestro isn't worth $1, it's one of the three worst games I own.

I have an EB holding a new, sealed, unstickered Bombastic for me for $4.99.

XIII was one of my favorite games for holiday 2003 season. I absolutely loved the style and had as much fun looking at it than I did playing it. Easily worth the price.

I was actually pretty fond of Haven. I never finished it but I did get about 5-7 hours of decent gameplay out of it. They just tried to do too much in it. Definitely worth $5 to find out what I'm talking about.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Mad Maestro isn't worth $1, it's one of the three worst games I own.
[/quote]

Eidos didn't give US gamers the right way to play the game, that's part of the reason the game wasn't as great as it could have been. In Japan, it came with a Conductor Baton Controller which supposedly made the game a lot more fun to play.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i just got

ICO - Pre-Played $9.99

SSX - Pre-Played $4.99

NHL 2002 $2.99

Mad Maestro! $5.99

stupid tax[/quote]

Nicely done . . . I like to stack a number of games into a cheapass order and it's sooo cool when your box o games arrives. Ico is very very cool and I liked Mad Maestro (but only played it on easy :)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Syphon Filter Omega Strain is $9.99 new, don't know if this is old:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236692.asp[/quote]
I don't know how old it is, but it's been at this price for a little while. I ordered one back on Friday when I stumbled upon it and thought of giving it a try. Can't hurt too bad for $10. I liked the first couple of Syphon Filters, anyway.

[quote name='CappyCobra']FYI: I just picked up Headhunter at a B&M for $4.99 even though the site is back at 19.99[/quote]

was it just marked 4.99 b&m? or did you have to ask someone something? like if they would PM their site or w/e?

[quote name='punqsux']buy XIII and Bombastic, those are great prices[/quote]

If anyone doubts these two games, than they shouldn't. I picked up XIII for $13 at Fry's and Bombastic for $5 at CC and these are two of the funnest games ever. XIII is one of the best FPSes this generation. It has a style of its own; it doesn't try to copy from every other sci-fi shooter out there and comes with an original story that is both gratifying yet stimulating. Great game.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='doodle777_98']i just got

ICO - Pre-Played $9.99

SSX - Pre-Played $4.99

NHL 2002 $2.99

Mad Maestro! $5.99

stupid tax[/quote]

Nicely done . . . I like to stack a number of games into a cheapass order and it's sooo cool when your box o games arrives. Ico is very very cool and I liked Mad Maestro (but only played it on easy :)[/quote]

also, just bought bouncer for 4.84. today. it disapeared like last week, but its back.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Mad Maestro isn't worth $1, it's one of the three worst games I own.
[/quote]

Eidos didn't give US gamers the right way to play the game, that's part of the reason the game wasn't as great as it could have been. In Japan, it came with a Conductor Baton Controller which supposedly made the game a lot more fun to play.[/quote]

My biggest complaint is the terrible electronic orchestra of the music.
They should have just used a real orchestra recording.

In a game thats all about the music, you would think a little more effort would be put into getting decent recordings.

I thought Mad Maestro was great. I imagine they used synth as opposed to recordings because you can dramatically alter the music in real time. The music's tempo is dependent on the timing of your button presses, you can hold notes, increase/decrease the volume, and it plays wrong notes instead of the right ones if you screw up. They could have used better synth, sure, but I don't think a recording would have been feasible.

I didn't think Mad Maestro was bad, just average compared to other music games out there, especially the Bemani games from Konami (Guitar Freaks, Beatmania, Pop N Music and of course DDR)

Aww damn! Guess i waited too long. Now Maximo:AoZ is 20 and XIII is 10. Too bad, cuz i really wanted these games.

The following prices have gone back down again:

Madden 2004 XB - $4.99
ESPN NFL Football 2K4 - $4.99
XIII PS2 - $4.99
Rygar PS2 - $9.99
Maximo vs. Army of Zin - $9.99
Alias XB - $9.99
Rogue Ops XB - $6.99
Dead To Rights XB - $6.99
Legacy Of Kain XB - $9.99
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - $9.99
Deus Ex: Invisible War XB - $9.99

Links are all on the first page.

I can get Mad Maestro for $3.00 at TRU in the green tag sale, is it worth it? I liked other music games like Frequency, if that has anything to do with it.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I can get Mad Maestro for $3.00 at TRU in the green tag sale, is it worth it? I liked other music games like Frequency, if that has anything to do with it.[/quote]

Definetly. It's like Parappa the rapper with a conductor.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='DaBargainHunta']Thanks, OP. I ordered Bombastic. Hopefully it comes back in stock.[/quote]

The game has great gameplay and incredible style. You made the right choice.[/quote]
Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation.

BTW, my copy shipped today. Just letting you all know in case anyone was wondering how EB was going to handle the backorders.

My Headhunter shipped today, so I'm pretty damn pleased about this. I was afraid they wouldn't get any more, but I guess EB does that removal thing when they think they aren't getting more, and allows you to order things they will, so I'm confident everyone will get their backorders.

I wanted Headhunter for a while, so $5 new was a steal.

man, on the first post Bombastic was said to be 4.99, but is now 14.99. Whats up with that??

I also would like Mad Maestro. I once chose Mojo! over that game as a freebie with a purchase from Toys R' Us.

[quote name='jon02129']man, on the first post Bombastic was said to be 4.99, but is now 14.99. Whats up with that??[/QUOTE]
Maybe it has something to do with this thread being over 5 months old. Deals don't last forever.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Maybe it has something to do with this thread being over 5 months old. Deals don't last forever.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of that my friend, i guess im just still new to the unfair concept of supply and demand.

[quote name='jon02129']I'm aware of that my friend, i guess im just still new to the unfair concept of supply and demand.[/QUOTE]
Well, then you might be uncomfortable with EBGames.com. Prices on some things jump around like crazy. ;)

And I dunno, seems like supply and demand is fair to me...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, then you might be uncomfortable with EBGames.com. Prices on some things jump around like crazy. ;)

And I dunno, seems like supply and demand is fair to me...[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to realize that with EBgames.com.

When a game goes from 4.99 to 14.99, that is not fair to me.

all for kicks!

[quote name='jon02129']I'm beginning to realize that with EBgames.com.

When a game goes from 4.99 to 14.99, that is not fair to me.

all for kicks![/QUOTE]
Keep in mind, though, that it dropped to $4.99 to begin with. It's not like $4.99 was the regular price, and they then marked it up. It was a temporary sale price...and we should be thankful they have such sales to begin with. :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Keep in mind, though, that it dropped to $4.99 to begin with. It's not like $4.99 was the regular price, and they then marked it up. It was a temporary sale price...and we should be thankful they have such sales to begin with. :)[/QUOTE]

That's obvious. But the usually routine i see is: Retail>SALE>probably Retail again>decrease>decrease>decrease and so on. not: Retail>SALE>probably Retail again>decrease>decrease>decrease until it cant decrease any more>increase>increase.

Just my observations/opinion.

[quote name='jon02129']Not:
Retail>SALE>probably Retail again>decrease>decrease>decrease until it cant decrease any more>increase>increase.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the step you list as "decrease until it can't decrease any more" is a sale, and a very temporary one, not a price drop. See what I mean?

Oh, and don't worry. I'm not arguing with you. Just exchanging friendly observations. :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The thing is, the step you list as "decrease until it can't decrease any more" is a sale, and a very temporary one, not a price drop. See what I mean?

Oh, and don't worry. I'm not arguing with you. Just exchanging friendly observations. :)[/QUOTE]

Hm, i guess your right. But i was juust thinking in the manner of how things just generally decrease in value over time. a walkman from the 80s is probably worth nothing now. buuut then again an old car could be worth tons now. all depends on the industry i spose.

good to know we're on friendly terms, im new here so thats good. :)

[quote name='jon02129']Hm, i guess your right. But i was juust thinking in the manner of how things just generally decrease in value over time. a walkman from the 80s is probably worth nothing now. buuut then again an old car could be worth tons now. all depends on the industry i spose.

good to know we're on friendly terms, im new here so thats good. :)[/QUOTE]
Price fluctuations are an odd thing, and definitely do vary a lot.

Oh, and welcome. Just stay cool, and you'll find (most of) your fellow CAGs to be very friendly. Enjoy the site. :D

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Price fluctuations are an odd thing, and definitely do vary a lot.

Oh, and welcome. Just stay cool, and you'll find (most of) your fellow CAGs to be very friendly. Enjoy the site. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i shall try. :D

and im always cool dude, check out the shades->:cool: (fake oakleys form chinatown)

Here's one I just found for $4.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/224199.asp

I actually got this one for my niece a couple of Christmases ago. It's hard to find decent brawlers with a girl as the main character, and she already had both of the Buffy games.

Anyway, I played a little of it, it's okay. It's pretty repetitious, but I find most action games are. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back