4 million Wii consoles sold worldwide! The craze continues!

[quote name='kmartbum001']bah gawd kang! oooooooooooooooooooooooooo myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdddddddd! quite the money maker...[/quote]
Have you ever even studied philosophy?
I mean really studied it. There's an unbelievable treasure trove of truth in there. It's not just about afterlife vs no afterlife.
It's about what we are, as humans. What we are and why we are.
How our tiny brains comprehend, and grow.
It's everything.

Read Sophie's World.
It's a good introduction to the philosophies of the world, written in a fictional, novel style.

http://www.amazon.com/Sophies-World-Novel-History-Philosophy/dp/0425152251/sr=8-1/qid=1167686189/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5113335-9278448?ie=UTF8&s=books

Maybe you'd like Ayn Rand, she's all about the self. Complete atheist. She's more recent. (and by recent, I mean early to mid 20th century)
Fabulous books though

Look up the Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged for starters.

Haha, why am I recommendng books to people on a videogame forum!?

Just a comment saying philosophy is useless drives me wild. All glib glossing over does. People don't read anymore!

[quote name='SpottedNigel']You suggested Atlas Shrugged and used glib in sentance. Die now.[/quote]
Psh, I like her!

Nothing beats the philosophical truth found in Calvin and Hobbes, though.

[quote name='dallow']Have you ever even studied philosophy?
I mean really studied it. There's an unbelievable treasure trove of truth in there. It's not just about afterlife vs no afterlife.
It's about what we are, as humans. What we are and why we are.
How our tiny brains comprehend, and grow.
It's everything.

Read Sophie's World.
It's a good introduction to the philosophies of the world, written in a fictional, novel style.

http://www.amazon.com/Sophies-World-Novel-History-Philosophy/dp/0425152251/sr=8-1/qid=1167686189/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-5113335-9278448?ie=UTF8&s=books

Maybe you'd like Ayn Rand, she's all about the self. Complete atheist. She's more recent. (and by recent, I mean early to mid 20th century)
Fabulous books though

Look up the Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged for starters.[/quote]

Where the hell did this come from?

The atheist dude had an anti-philosophy quote. Which doesn't make much sense to me -- anti-philosophy seems more tied to Nihilism, which, if you subscribe to that, you should probably just kill yourself.

[quote name='The Crotch']Damn man, shorten that signature. And keep the anti-religious zealotry to a minimum. There are some very easily offended people around here, and irritating them will not do our cause any good.[/quote]

Yeah, the worst thing is how big those Sigs are, his and Genocidal's too.
I like sigs so I turn don't turn them off, some are funny.

Anyway, no problem with what he wrote, I was just asking him.

Chill out Strell, this is CAG, always good for a laugh.
I do serious game discussion at a more mature forum.

Go ahead dallow, go have fun at your more mature gaming forums. Don't bother babysitting us kids. We can't get the lids off of all of the candy in the orange bottles, and we can't reach the drawer with the gun or the knives. It's ok. You can head off and do whatever you big kids do.

[quote name='furyk']Go ahead dallow, go have fun at your more mature gaming forums. Don't bother babysitting us kids. We can't get the lids off of all of the candy in the orange bottles, and we can't reach the drawer with the gun or the knives. It's ok. You can head off and do whatever you big kids do.[/quote]

C'mon furyk, you know you're one of the smarter ones.
There's good people on these boards, but you have to admit, things get silly quickly.

And that's the point here, other than saving money. Fun.

[quote name='dallow']C'mon furyk, you know you're one of the smarter ones.
There's good people on these boards, but you have to admit, things get silly quickly.

And that's the point here, other than saving money. Fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm just so sick of everyone being moronic recently. I think I'm past the denial and anger stages of it, and at the bargaining stage. I just want it to all go away for a few weeks.

[quote name='furyk']I'm just so sick of everyone being moronic recently. I think I'm past the denial and anger stages of it, and at the bargaining stage. I just want it to all go away for a few weeks.[/quote]
System launches and Christmas make everyone a little touchy I suppose. And trolls eat it up.
Sorry furyk, I'll post less.

Back on topic here... I've never checked statistics when it comes to console sells. When do you think Nintendo will release official numbers? In fact, do they release official numbers, or is it speculation all the time? Either way, 4 million in a little over a month is great. It'd be cool if January could get another 4 million out. But that's just me dreaming :)

[quote name='dallow']System launches and Christmas make everyone a little touchy I suppose. And trolls eat it up.
Sorry furyk, I'll post less.[/QUOTE]

Don't post less. I'm just always in a bad mood this time of the year, this year more so then others. I need to take up drinking.

[quote name='furyk']Don't post less. I'm just always in a bad mood this time of the year, this year more so then others. I need to take up drinking.[/quote]

Get to a bar and order a black russian.
That's my fave drink at the moment.

[quote name='Judhudson']Back on topic here... I've never checked statistics when it comes to console sells. When do you think Nintendo will release official numbers? In fact, do they release official numbers, or is it speculation all the time? Either way, 4 million in a little over a month is great. It'd be cool if January could get another 4 million out. But that's just me dreaming :)[/quote]

You'll hear official numbers before march when they go over their sales for stock purposes.

In Atlanta their have been psps... err, ps3's available, for the longest time.

At one of the circuit city's there, when they were running the $200 instant rebate if you buy vonage, EARLY DECEMBER, their were a couple ps3's available... And no one bought them... During that day, they bought tvs, computers, xbox 360... All the wii's were gone...

You had to stand in line for hours, so we were aware of what people bought. People bought alot of **** that day, but no PS3's.

LOL, poor ps3.

And poor crts. People were buying 40" lcd and plasma tvs and were sitting on crt tvs in display (not everyone, but some). It was kind of amusing.

http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=1931

"Well that didn't take long! Just six weeks from launch, the Nintendo Wii already has almost half of the total Xbox 360 sales. The wii is supposedly almost at 4 million total sales, and the Xbox 360 that came out in late 2005 is supposed to be over 8 million worldwide. So how come the almighty PlayStation 3 isn't keeping up? Huh? Obviously the black beast will continue on at a steady rate, but it is worth pointing out that the Nintendo Wiis are remaining sold out across the globe, whereas the Sony PS3s are on shelfs at many places around America. To be honest though, I don't think it's the PS3 sales that are doing bad at all, it's just that the Wii is kicking more ass than was expected. We might have a turtle and hare metaphor here folks."

Take it as you may.

[quote name='The Crotch']Emphasis is, as per usual, mine.[/QUOTE]

You really think that Wii's are sitting on the shelves anywhere at the moment beyond potentially huge mark-ups in Japan and maybe the shady stores in New York City? I could see Wiis being tough to find and selling out every system maybe even through April given the price and the buzz following it.

In gainesville, I saw a few ps3's before christmas, no wiis.

From the 26th- now, I see ps3's quite often in Gainesville and when I was in Naples.

I saw my first wii for sale in store on the 28th.

Im waiting for one of the stores that I have gift cards at to get a wii

For me, the ps3 is too pricey and even if MGS4 was out, I wouldn't get it till less than 400.

Since launch, I've only seen one Wii on display at Target that wasn't bought yet with no PS3's. The other day, I saw two unsold PS3's at a different Target with no Wii's in sight.

[quote name='The Crotch']Hmm. This makes my signature look a little... odd...

The general consensus seems to be that VGCharts' numbers for the Wii and the PS3 are accurate, while NexGenWars has accurate 360 numbers.[/QUOTE]

nextgenwars is not accurate at all. It's a programming for god's sakes..

We'll have a lot better idea soon. I think Japan's numbers for the last week of 06 are out today or something, and then NPD is releasing their December numbers (not 100% accurate, but the closest we'll ever have) on the 11th. Not sure who keeps track of Europe's numbers.

I still haven't seen a Wii at a store yet, but I never really go shopping. In addition to those 2 pallets of PS3s I posted earlier in the thread, I saw 4 PS3s at Target last night. We also had several PS3s returned to Costco after the new year, and they were sitting out in plain site for at least 5 hours without selling (then I left, so Im not sure if they sold or not).

[quote name='The Crotch']I am aware of this. However, time spent lurking on the forums of both websites has left me:
1) Shocked at the butchery of my mother tongue.
2) With serious doubts about the VGCharts numbers. Overall, they're still the most accurate, but until they start giving dates for their numbers, I can't trust them too fully.

Feel free to point out all comma splices and typos.[/QUOTE]

The one nice thing about VGCharts is it tells you where it pulls it's numbers from right on the front page:

"Most numbers are sited from NPD, Media Create, Famitsu, or Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft press releases/financial reports."

Contrast this with what nexgenwars says on it's front page:

"NexGen Wars.com has spent countless hours researching sales facts from dozens of sources to track the worldwide sales of the consoles and monitor the next generation of console wars between the Microsoft Xbox 360, the Sony Playstation 3, and the Nintendo Wii. Remember, these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii."

If NexGen Wars wants a bit more credibility as something other then a site run by a Microsoft fanboy, (considering that they're Wii numbers are off by at least 1.5 million, PS3 numbers by .5 million, and 360 numbers by close to 1.5 million if you believe VG Charts), they really should list their sources. As it stands now, the numbers look largely like biased estimates especially without linked sources.

[quote name='dallow']In any case, I guess this means Sony achieved their goal of 1 million PS3s by year's end, while Nintendo is 5 million short of their crazy 8 million prediction.[/QUOTE]

Sony's stated goal was 2 million by Dec 31 2006, 6 million by Mar 31 2007.

I don't remember Nintendo's 2006 goal, but they did say 6 million by Mar 31 2007.

GBA graphics coming soon to the Wii, in the form of Wario Ware Smooth Moves. I am just gonna wait till the kinks get fixed. SD cards are pathetic.

[quote name='hupp']GBA graphics coming soon to the Wii, in the form of Wario Ware Smooth Moves. I am just gonna wait till the kinks get fixed. SD cards are pathetic.[/QUOTE]
You should have registered the username "anti-Wii fanboy" and saved us all the trouble of having to read the garbage that flows from your keyboard.

I actually thought the PS3 was going to spank every console known to man.
Cheers for the Wii!!......... as it took all ages by surprise with fun factor. Those are impressive numbers for both the Wii and the DS.

[quote name='rohlfinator']You should have registered the username "anti-Wii fanboy" and saved us all the trouble of having to read the garbage that flows from your keyboard.[/quote]Judging by his user title, I think a mod helped us out with that. \\:D/

If they Wii could sell 2/3 the number of DS every week, that'd be a huge coup.

[quote name='botticus']Judging by his user title, I think a mod helped us out with that. \\:D/

If they Wii could sell 2/3 the number of DS every week, that'd be a huge coup.[/QUOTE]

He got banned being stupid in his thread "Will halo 3 be HDMI compatible?"

So... when did they hit 4 million? At the 31st of December? Or in January? If it's the later, then Nintendo barely missed their goal of 4 million by the end of the year.

Well, I saw my second Wii since launch day. But it was unpurchasable.

Someone traded it in (one of those "I need cash NOW" deals) with a few games. But the current used price of a Wii is $9999.99. They currently have to send all Wii and PS3 trade-ins back to corporate.

The availability of PS3s can be spun good or bad, depending on which side of the next-gen war one is on. Pro-Sony gamers will note that more PS3s in stores simply means more PS3s that will be sold. On the other hand, doomsayers will simply see ample stock as evidence that consumers aren't buying the system.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163878.html

What a joke.

bread's done
Back