$49 XBox June 17th @ CompUSA/Goodguys Megastore

I take it this is only at CompUSA stores that are also "good guys" stores? All of these must be in CA, WA, and OR. This is what I've been waiting for........:sad:

[quote name='mofo1115']darn... new york and new jersey need to get some love[/QUOTE]

Agreed. For $50 I'd definitely get one.

I'm tempted to get a second one... I wish I wasn't working tomorrow...

uh oh... I feel a cough coming on...

They also are selling a 42in EDTV plasma for 999. I know its ED but still.. it'd look pretty in my room.

It does say any 2 xbox games, so I imagine 2 bargain bin games will do, if you can find them (although you might as well grab games you actually want).

What a great deal!

I did a search on the CompUSA site to find the nearest CompUSA/GoodGuys Megastore, here are the results:

The following stores were found around zip code 22101 (Mc Lean, VA). The estimated distance from your home is provided in parentheses.

Rancho Cucamonga (2784 Miles)

Chino Hills (2795 Miles)

Foothill Ranch (2800 Miles)

Long Beach (WOW!) (2828 Miles)

Glendale (WOW!) (2835 Miles)

Um, guess I'll be staying home :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wohooo!!!! The Good Guys near my home just turned into the megastore. Good thing I'm going home tonight. Screw getting BC on the 360, I'm getting this one.

I figure there would be a long line of people waiting tomorrow morning...

[quote name='Over easy']Wohooo!!!! The Good Guys near my home just turned into the megastore. Good thing I'm going home tonight. Screw getting BC on the 360, I'm getting this one.

I figure there would be a long line of people waiting tomorrow morning...[/QUOTE]

You may want to get in line now.

[quote name='guessed']You may want to get in line now.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox is not worth that much.

I would stand on line from about 12am or later. If there is a larger than expected crowd then I'd go home. If it was pretty decent for me to get the xbox I would whip out my sleeping bag and get a good 6/7 hours of sleep. Sleeping outside to get an Xbox for $50 is what I call a Cheap Ass Deal.

:)

[quote name='purevim']The Xbox is not worth that much.

I would stand on line from about 12am or later. If there is a larger than expected crowd then I'd go home. If it was pretty decent for me to get the xbox I would whip out my sleeping bag and get a good 6/7 hours of sleep. Sleeping outside to get an Xbox for $50 is what I call a Cheap Ass Deal.

:)[/QUOTE]

Unforunately, I am currently away for college right now. I'm going to go home tonight though.

Do you guys really think there would be a line for them overnight? I mean, they claim they only have 15 of those coupons...

I would not be surprised if they had a line. The day after Thanksgiving last year Best Buy and CC had huge sales, including a laptop for $499. The doors opened at 6 am, I got to BB at 6 and was in the computer section at 6:05 and they were sold out. The guys who worked there said people started showing up at 2 am.

I went by the CC to check out other deals and they said they had a line starting about midnight or 2. The CC passed out vouchers to the people in line for the laptop deal. I have no idea if other stores do that when there is a line.

The ad is in today's local paper (The Oregonian). I'm going to try to pricematch this sucka to CC. Don't they give another 10% discount on their pricematches?

I just saw the fine print on that. "Only 15 Product Vouchers available per store." Hot deal, hell yes, but get in line damn early.

May not be so good of a deal, if the store location is stocked only with $30 copies of Alias and Van Helsing....

Yippee.....

If anyone here remember when a compusa has a grand opening with discounted xbox, people were waiting over night for it. If you really want to get it consider going really early. On the plus side the weather isnt too bad.

[quote name='stolazi']The ad is in today's local paper (The Oregonian). I'm going to try to pricematch this sucka to CC. Don't they give another 10% discount on their pricematches?[/QUOTE]

What section of the Oregonian?

I may have lucked out. There's a Good Guys with a Circuit city across the street both less than a mile from my place.

Wow, this is actually a very sweet deal, I'd been waiting for a time like this, so I can finally purchase another Xbox. Too bad the local Good Guys and CompUSA in the area for me are just regular stores, I gotta hop to the other GoodGuys on the far end of the city. Amazing prices.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']What section of the Oregonian?

I may have lucked out. There's a Good Guys with a Circuit city across the street both less than a mile from my place.[/QUOTE]

It's in the A section--pages A6 and A7.

We must be neighbors if we're thinking of the same CC and GG that are across the street from each other. I'm about a mile from there, too (in Tigard).

[quote name='j-fever']May not be so good of a deal, if the store location is stocked only with $30 copies of Alias and Van Helsing....

Yippee.....[/QUOTE]

I hope there's something better too. If the games are crap or charging for a redicolous price on them. Then no way I want the Xbox then.

[quote name='stolazi']It's in the A section--pages A6 and A7.

We must be neighbors if we're thinking of the same CC and GG that are across the street from each other. I'm about a mile from there, too (in Tigard).[/QUOTE]

haha... we must be

[quote name='thirteenyahs']So can this be price matched?[/QUOTE]
Usually stores exclude price matching 1 day deals with only limited stock, since it's not a usual sale.

i was just in the compus/good guys store yesterday. i think i might have to hit up that xbox deal, even though i already have one. i could just give it to my girlfriend or something. sweet deal.

Are you guys reading the ad?

"Only 15 vouchers available per store"

That means your ass has to be one of the first 15 people to show up. And obviously if you arent, you wont be at the other stores either.

You need to either camp out or forget it and sleep in.

This is a HUGE YMMV deal people. If 5 CAGers get in on it Id be shocked.

I was thinking of going but 15 vouchers per store could easily end up being the first few people in line have a few friends show up closer to the store opening making you miss out. The Xbox will probably have a price drop by Christmas time since Xbox 360 will be out, it may not be $50 but with Compusa normally so notriously bad on their advertised deals, I could see many people getting screwed on this.

[quote name='Owen']I was thinking of going but 15 vouchers per store could easily end up being the first few people in line have a few friends show up closer to the store opening making you miss out. The Xbox will probably have a price drop by Christmas time since Xbox 360 will be out, it may not be $50 but with Compusa normally so notriously bad on their advertised deals, I could see many people getting screwed on this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but there won't be a price drop on Xbox because of Nvidia moving to PS3 MS has stopped production on the Xbox so what you find in-store is basically the last of the Xboxes that are suppose to be coming out.

bread's done
Back