$5 Footlong PSN Flash Sale Ends 5/23 @ 3 PM ET - $3.19 Hitman Go, $3 Defense Grid 2, $5 GW3, & More!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale page

The overall page isn't really live yet, but games at the correct prices are starting to show up now. I'll fill out the list below as they show up.

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Don't Starve: Console Edition - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Don't Starve: Console Edition + Reign of Giants Expansion - $4.74 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Entwined - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Flower - $2.79 - 60% Off

:ps4: :vita: Grim Fandango - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :vita: Hitman Go: Definitive Edition - $3.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Journey - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :vita: Nidhogg - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps3: :vita: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $4.99 - 75% Off - Maybe, needs confirmation

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Rogue Legacy - $4.24 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Sound Shapes - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Super Mega Baseball - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS4

Arcania: The Complete Tale - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Banner Saga - $4.99 - 75% Off

Beach Buggy Racing - $2.49 - 75% Off

Boggle - $3.49 - 65% Off

The Castle Game - $4.49 - 70% Off

Defense Grid 2 - $2.99 - 80% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Golf Club - $4.49 - 85% Off

Grow Home - $2.79 - 65% Off

I am Bread - $4.54 - 65 %Off

The Jackbox Party Pack - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - $4.99 - 80% Off

Killzone Shadow Fall - $4.99 - 75% Off

Murdered: Soul Suspect - $4.49 - 85% Off

Outlast - $4.99 - 75% Off

Pure Pool - $4.99 - 75% Off

Riptide GP2 - $1.74 - 75% Off

Scrabble - $4.94 - 67% Off

Rogue Legacy - $4.24 - 75% Off

Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition - $2.59 - 80% Off

Terraria: PS4 Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tetris Ultimate - $3.49 - 65% Off

Thief - $4.49 - 85% Off

Transistor - $4.99 - 75% Off

Trivial Pursuit Live! - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $4.99 - 80% Off

Zombi - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons

King's Quest - Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause - $3.89 - 61% Off - First Episode (Free) Required

PS3

Borderlands - $4.99 - 75% Off

Borderlands 2 - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $3.99 - 80% Off

The Darkness II - $3.99 - 90% Off

Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $4.49 - 85% Off

DuckTales: Remastered - $4.49 - 70% Off

Duke Nukem Forever - $3.99 - 80% Off

Far Cry 3 - $4.99 - 75% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

Hitman: Absolution Special Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

Hitman: Blood Money HD - $4.24 - 75% Off

Hitman Trilogy HD - $3.99 - 90% Off

I Am Alive - $2.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - $4.99 - 80% Off

Just Cause 2 - $3.99 - 80% Off

Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition - $4.49 - 85% Off

L.A. Noire - $4.49 - 85% Off

LittleBigPlanet - $4.99 - 75% Off

LittleBigPlanet 2 - $4.49 - 70% Off

LittleBigPlanet Karting - $4.49 - 70% Off

Max Payne 3 - $3.99 - 80% Off

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

MX vs ATV: Alive - $2.99 - 85% Off

MX vs ATV Supercross - $4.49 - 85% Off

Okami HD - $4.89 - 65% Off

Red Dead Redemption - $4.49 - 85% Off

Risk - $3.49 - 65% Off

Saints Row: The Third - $3.74 - 75% Off

Sniper Elite V2 - $4.49 - 85% Off

Tomb Raider Digital Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS3 Add-ons

King's Quest - Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause - $3.89 - 61% Off - First Episode (Free) Required

PS2 - PS3 Only

Bully - $3.99 - 60% Off

Manhunt - $3.99 - 60% Off

Max Payne - $3.99 - 60% Off

Twisted Metal: Black - $3.99 - 60% Off

War of the Monsters - $3.99 - 60% Off

Vita

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $4.49 - 85% Off

Freedom Wars - $4.49 - 70% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

Killzone: Mercenary - $4.99 - 75% Off

LittleBigPlanet - $4.49 - 70% Off

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $4.49 - 75% Off

Terraria - $4.49 - 70% Off

Tetris Ultimate - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 75% Off

PSP

Manhunt 2 - $4.49 - 70% Off

Midnight Club: L.A. Remix - $3.99 - 80% Off

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $4.99 - 75% Off

NBA 2K13 - $4.99 - 75% Off

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tekken 6 - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Warriors - $4.49 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish they would have discounted the Whistleblower DLC for Outcast as well.  Now I am going to have to wait until Halloween to snag it.

To the few people I have seen asking about Murdered Soul Suspect I just wanted to throw in that I thought it was a great game.  It had a good and engaging story and the gameplay was fun for the time the game lasted.  It's definitely worth the price they are asking for right now.

For this sale I got 

Hitman Trilogy HD

Transistor

Rogue Legacy

Pure Pool

Persona 3 Portable

not a bad sale but was really hoping for some PS1 games in the mix

To the few people I have seen asking about Murdered Soul Suspect I just wanted to throw in that I thought it was a great game. It had a good and engaging story and the gameplay was fun for the time the game lasted. It's definitely worth the price they are asking for right now.
Yes 100% agree. I beat it on :xb1: & :ps4: and enjoyed it both times. The story is really damn good, the game itself is not the longest out there but worth $5.

I am about to buy this but what is up with them shooting themselves with the gun? that stuff is just bizarre?
It's not a real gun, it's used to "unlock" their mind so they can summon their Persona. I played the original back on the PS2 years ago and have been itching to play it again with the new female protagonist to see some of the changes.

Any thoughts on Thief?
I liked it.
Probably the only one who didn't think it was garbage. :p

If you like busy games and GOTY's then I guess it's not for you. It's not the best game in the world, but it's not as bad as others make it out to be. Just my two cents though.

Is playstation battle royale significantly better on PS3 than Vita?  Cause I have the Vita version and dont really play it anyways, is it better on console?

Yes 100% agree. I beat it on :xb1: & :ps4: and enjoyed it both times. The story is really damn good, the game itself is not the longest out there but worth $5.
I will third that. I have it for both systems as well, lent my sister the Xbone version so didn't play it yet but I enjoyed the PS4 version. The story is the strong point of the game, game play isn't quite as strong as the story but for $5 you can't go wrong.

Got Persona 3, Little Big Planet and Geometry Wars. I'm quite happy although I too wish there were more classics in sale!

I'd 100% recommend Journey. I got the PS3 version at 3x this price and was blown away, I envy anyone who can play it on the PS4 for just $5. I'd also recommend Don't Starve, though I've only played it on PC. It came out at the forefront of the Survival Rogue-Like craze and its still one of the best at it. 

What do you guys think of Midnight Club? And should I bother with any of the other Little Big Planet Games?

I know Arcania's mediocre but for five bucks I couldn't resist. Also got the PS4 version of Wolf Among Us, already beat it on PS3 but it's worth playing again.

I was researching the golf club...does anyone know if you still have to pay for the career mode or seasons mode ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone that bought Journey on this sale can confirm it unlocks the PS4 version too? for some reason I am suspicious that the PS4 version still shows full price

Got Transistor for free with PS+ a while back, just that game made the year worth it. I highly, highly recommend that game. Transistor and IA/VT are my favorite games of this decade.

I was researching the golf club...does anyone know if you still have to pay for the career mode or seasons mode ?
It's $9.99 for the CE Upgrade that adds the Seasons/Career mode, though it only seems to be available as an in-game purchase now. The base game has round play (four rules sets and two for online play), tour mode (like a season mode in most old sports games), and tournament play (single tournament) as far as modes are concerned.

I liked it.
Probably the only one who didn't think it was garbage. :p

If you like busy games and GOTY's then I guess it's not for you. It's not the best game in the world, but it's not as bad as others make it out to be. Just my two cents though.
Nah, if you like good games it's not for you

I admit I'm harder on it than I normally would be, since I'm a fan of the older Thiefs and think they really dropped the ball with this turd, but there are so many better options for stealth games.

It's $9.99 for the CE Upgrade that adds the Seasons/Career mode, though it only seems to be available as an in-game purchase now. The base game has round play (four rules sets and two for online play), tour mode (like a season mode in most old sports games), and tournament play (single tournament) as far as modes are concerned.
thank you...do you think it's worth the 4.49? I skipped Rory mcilroy because of the terrible reviews

Picking up both Killzone games and Persona 3. Don't know what to get as my 4th game. Debating on getting one of the following:

Banner Saga

Tetris for Vita

Hitman Go

Tekken 6

Arcania: the complete tale

Grow Home

The Vita Tetris game blows. It's Tetris of course, but very bland and boring with bad music and very basic graphics. I frankly thought it sucked and am trading it in soon.

How many episodes are there going to be for King's Quest and is it worth it?  I just beat Life is Strange this week ( Beautiful game with an engaging story) and want another episodic choice game until my eventual playthrough of Until Dawn or a re-play of Wolf Among Us( Another fantastic episodic game that should def. be bought at that price). 

Got Persona 3, Little Big Planet and Geometry Wars. I'm quite happy although I too wish there were more classics in sale!

I'd 100% recommend Journey. I got the PS3 version at 3x this price and was blown away, I envy anyone who can play it on the PS4 for just $5. I'd also recommend Don't Starve, though I've only played it on PC. It came out at the forefront of the Survival Rogue-Like craze and its still one of the best at it.

What do you guys think of Midnight Club? And should I bother with any of the other Little Big Planet Games?
I can't speak to the PSP port, but I loved the 360 version of Midnight Club!

Dont Starve and Grim Fandango worth a purchase?
Grim Fandango is really good if you like 90s PC adventure games and don't mind their trappings (i.e. sometimes clunky controls, occasional wonky/bad camera angles, and some obtuse puzzles that might occasionally have you looking at a walkthrough). The story, characters, and voice acting are great and totally memorable. I originally played it on PC probably 10 or 15 years ago, and when I played the HD version, I found myself waiting for certain lines/jokes that still stuck with me after all that time.

Is playstation battle royale significantly better on PS3 than Vita? Cause I have the Vita version and dont really play it anyways, is it better on console?
I am one of the few that absolutely loved this game and I can say I enjoyed it way more on console. Not sure if it's worth buying now though cause I don't think anybody plays it anymore.

I find it strange that NBA 2K13 on the PSP normally sells for $20.  I'm assuming it's the last NBA game on the PSP, but $5 still seems really high for a dated sports game.

Anyways, debating Hitman Go, Don't Starve, and Super Mega Baseball.

Hows Arcania for PS4?
Personally I enjoyed the amount I have played of it so far but I wouldn't call it a good game by any means. Its like a B movie in RPG form. Its low grade, low quality, but for some reason I get a guilty pleasure type of enjoyment out of it.

If you have any interest in it I think 5 dollars is a pretty good price to give it a chance.

Was ready to get Twisted Metal Black and War of the Monsters but then realized it's not the PS2 to PS4 versions.  Glad to finally see "I Am Bread" for 5 dollars.

I think I am finally getting there

only spent like 15 bucks on ps3 games this flash sale

a few complete editions left and some dlc THAT NEVER GOES ON SALE

wanna close the page on buying for last gen, I think the time has almost come

Nah, if you like good games it's not for you

I admit I'm harder on it than I normally would be, since I'm a fan of the older Thiefs and think they really dropped the ball with this turd, but there are so many better options for stealth games.
It's a good "casual game" to spend some time on.

I don't know, at least to me, it's worth playing. :p I'll play almost anything though.

It's a good "casual game" to spend some time on.

I don't know, at least to me, it's worth playing. :p I'll play almost anything though.
I used to think just like that. Then I was like, "I'll die eventually, I'd better start playing games that are worth it." Not saying that games not, just in general not wasting time on some games.

I used to think just like that. Then I was like, "I'll die eventually, I'd better start playing games that are worth it." Not saying that games not, just in general not wasting time on some games.
Some people would say live a little and go outside instead of wasting time playing games inside. But alas, there's always time to play something. If not, just add a bunch of games to the backlog. Even good ones are still put there and not played. :p

teddybass, on 20 May 2016 - 7:48 PM, said:teddybass, on 20 May 2016 - 7:48 PM, said:
anyone that bought Journey on this sale can confirm it unlocks the PS4 version too? for some reason I am suspicious that the PS4 version still shows full price
I just bought it only having a PS4. I sold the PS3 right before the PS4 launch. I can tell you it is not working. It doesn't download straight to the PS4.

I'm going to contact Sony and point out the cross buy, but it seems if you only have a PS4 it won't work right away. I remember these things worked easily if you previously downloaded the PS3 version and it would later show up automatically on the PS4. Right now take this as a warning that it is not working.

On the store website I see two downloads on the PS3 list. The Demo and Full Game Unlock. On the PS4 side it says Game N/A on top it says - Pre-Order Payment Failed. Even though my payment went through.

Edit - Just went to the Journey PS4 page - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/journey/cid=UP9000-CUSA00694_00-JOURNEYPS4061115 It says free and was able to download right then and there. Phew! Did not download automatically for me. So, buy it and try it this way if you're having issues.

I just bought it only having a PS4. I sold the PS3 right before the PS4 launch. I can tell you it is not working. It doesn't download straight to the PS4.

I'm going to contact Sony and point out the cross buy, but it seems if you only have a PS4 it won't work right away. I remember these things worked easily if you previously downloaded the PS3 version and it would later show up automatically on the PS4. Right now take this as a warning that it is not working.

On the store website I see two downloads on the PS3 list. The Demo and Full Game Unlock. On the PS4 side it says Game N/A on top it says - Pre-Order Payment Failed. Even though my payment went through.

Edit - Just went to the Journey PS4 page - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/journey/cid=UP9000-CUSA00694_00-JOURNEYPS4061115 It says free and was able to download right then and there. Phew!
I was going to ask if you actually checked the PS4 version's page since you typically have to purchase that when it's made free, but I'm glad you figured that out before going to CS.

What do you all think about the You don't know Jack party games? does it run well for parties?
I'd highly recommend the first Jackbox pack. It's worth the price alone for You Don't Know Jack, but my friends all went crazy over Drawful, which is basically like a video version of Pictionary in which you use your cell phone to draw and everyone goes simultaneously. It ends up being hilarious, both intentionally and unintentionally. The other games in the pack are entertaining, but these two are the gems of the collection. The second Jackbox Party Pack isn't nearly as good as the first one, but it has its moments(Earwax can be especially funny), and i don't regret paying $7.50 for it the last time it went on sale. Still, Jackbox Party Pack #1 is where it's at, and yeah, it's perfect for parties, especially if you have friends that aren't gamers. My friends are split pretty evenly between the ones who'd be content to play Halo all night and the ones who have no interest in it whatsoever, and everyone is happy to play Drawful.

lol I own most of the ones I'd play from this list at lower prices already lol

Hitman trilogy

hitman absolution

journey

rogue legacy

outlast

dont starve giant edition

the darkness 2

good flash sale, I have a lot of them and snagged the ones above

much cheaper for me this flash sale was only 30 bucks and I already had 10 in amazon credit to buy the giftcards to use

been waiting forever for darkness 2 and journey to go on sale and I knew if I waited for the flash sale it would be better on psn than the xbox
the darkness 2 was a good game but very short. back up ur save frequently though. This game only has one save, and it's an auto-save too. Was more than halfway thru the game & encountered the neverending-loading-save-screen glitch after hitting "continue" or whatever to play from my last auto-saved checkpoint after loading the game. Had to quit the game & when I restarted the game to try to continue from the last checkpoint again, the game would freeze the ps3 when trying to load the now corrupted save file rofl so had to start all over from chapter 1.

The story is crap and the last 2-3 missions are terrible, but I enjoyed the gameplay up to that point. Alien Isolation is a much better stealth game so I would recommend that instead if you haven't played it.

Also, the best mission in Thief is paid DLC (the bank heist level).
o_O glad I grabbed my steelbook copy from Target coz it came with bank heist for free xD

In case ya didn't know, Rockstar pulled Midnight Club's servers a few years ago, can't obtain any of the mp trophies now. I stopped playing after popping one trophy lol.... thankfully I only got it & the rest of the Rockstar Vol 1 Box for $1.99 during that crazy 95% clearance blast at TrU

bread's done
Back