$5 Footlong PSN Flash Sale Ends 5/23 @ 3 PM ET - $3.19 Hitman Go, $3 Defense Grid 2, $5 GW3, & More!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale page

The overall page isn't really live yet, but games at the correct prices are starting to show up now. I'll fill out the list below as they show up.

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Don't Starve: Console Edition - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Don't Starve: Console Edition + Reign of Giants Expansion - $4.74 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Entwined - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Flower - $2.79 - 60% Off

:ps4: :vita: Grim Fandango - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :vita: Hitman Go: Definitive Edition - $3.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Journey - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps4: :vita: Nidhogg - $4.49 - 70% Off

:ps3: :vita: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $4.99 - 75% Off - Maybe, needs confirmation

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Rogue Legacy - $4.24 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Sound Shapes - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Super Mega Baseball - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS4

Arcania: The Complete Tale - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Banner Saga - $4.99 - 75% Off

Beach Buggy Racing - $2.49 - 75% Off

Boggle - $3.49 - 65% Off

The Castle Game - $4.49 - 70% Off

Defense Grid 2 - $2.99 - 80% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Golf Club - $4.49 - 85% Off

Grow Home - $2.79 - 65% Off

I am Bread - $4.54 - 65 %Off

The Jackbox Party Pack - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - $4.99 - 80% Off

Killzone Shadow Fall - $4.99 - 75% Off

Murdered: Soul Suspect - $4.49 - 85% Off

Outlast - $4.99 - 75% Off

Pure Pool - $4.99 - 75% Off

Riptide GP2 - $1.74 - 75% Off

Scrabble - $4.94 - 67% Off

Rogue Legacy - $4.24 - 75% Off

Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition - $2.59 - 80% Off

Terraria: PS4 Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tetris Ultimate - $3.49 - 65% Off

Thief - $4.49 - 85% Off

Transistor - $4.99 - 75% Off

Trivial Pursuit Live! - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $4.99 - 80% Off

Zombi - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons

King's Quest - Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause - $3.89 - 61% Off - First Episode (Free) Required

PS3

Borderlands - $4.99 - 75% Off

Borderlands 2 - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $3.99 - 80% Off

The Darkness II - $3.99 - 90% Off

Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $4.49 - 85% Off

DuckTales: Remastered - $4.49 - 70% Off

Duke Nukem Forever - $3.99 - 80% Off

Far Cry 3 - $4.99 - 75% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

Hitman: Absolution Special Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

Hitman: Blood Money HD - $4.24 - 75% Off

Hitman Trilogy HD - $3.99 - 90% Off

I Am Alive - $2.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack - $4.99 - 80% Off

The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - $4.99 - 80% Off

Just Cause 2 - $3.99 - 80% Off

Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition - $4.49 - 85% Off

L.A. Noire - $4.49 - 85% Off

LittleBigPlanet - $4.99 - 75% Off

LittleBigPlanet 2 - $4.49 - 70% Off

LittleBigPlanet Karting - $4.49 - 70% Off

Max Payne 3 - $3.99 - 80% Off

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

MX vs ATV: Alive - $2.99 - 85% Off

MX vs ATV Supercross - $4.49 - 85% Off

Okami HD - $4.89 - 65% Off

Red Dead Redemption - $4.49 - 85% Off

Risk - $3.49 - 65% Off

Saints Row: The Third - $3.74 - 75% Off

Sniper Elite V2 - $4.49 - 85% Off

Tomb Raider Digital Edition - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist - $4.99 - 75% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 75% Off

PS3 Add-ons

King's Quest - Chapter 2: Rubble Without A Cause - $3.89 - 61% Off - First Episode (Free) Required

PS2 - PS3 Only

Bully - $3.99 - 60% Off

Manhunt - $3.99 - 60% Off

Max Payne - $3.99 - 60% Off

Twisted Metal: Black - $3.99 - 60% Off

War of the Monsters - $3.99 - 60% Off

Vita

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - $4.49 - 85% Off

Freedom Wars - $4.49 - 70% Off

Geometry Wars 3: Dimension Evolved - $4.94 - 67% Off

Killzone: Mercenary - $4.99 - 75% Off

LittleBigPlanet - $4.49 - 70% Off

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $4.49 - 75% Off

Terraria - $4.49 - 70% Off

Tetris Ultimate - $4.94 - 67% Off

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $4.99 - 75% Off

PSP

Manhunt 2 - $4.49 - 70% Off

Midnight Club: L.A. Remix - $3.99 - 80% Off

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $4.99 - 75% Off

NBA 2K13 - $4.99 - 75% Off

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - $4.99 - 75% Off

Tekken 6 - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Warriors - $4.49 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
I am about to buy this but what is up with them shooting themselves with the gun? that stuff is just bizarre?
That's how they summon the Persona's in the third game. This was changed in the canon for 4, likely b/c of how this would be looked at in the West by politicians and parents groups. Persona 3 and later 4 made Persona the most popular of the SMT family of games in the West, and arguably the most popular JRPG in the West since the fall of Final Fantasy. From the SMT Wiki:

"Evokers prove to be traumatizing and tiring, as the Evoker still retains the shape of a gun, and using an Evoker resembles the act of suicide. The Evoker is symbolic of accepting death and knowledge of mortality, which often arise during the teenage years. It also acts as a reminder of how the members of SEES are aware that they can die while fighting the Shadows. This is why Yukari Takeba has difficulty using her Evoker: she is afraid of death, and comments that the predicament is like "losing innocence". This is also why the protagonist has no difficulties using it: he does not view death as scary.

To summon their respective Personas, users must press the Evoker to their head and pull the trigger, emitting a pale blue fog that covers them while giving out the shape of their Personas, along with a glass shatter effect. The Evokers also have a noticeable slight "recoil" effect, shown by the sudden flinch of the head, especially noticeable by how Yukari's body jerks backwards during her summon animation. In the P3 movie, it is seen that the Persona user's eyes glazes over briefly during the firing of the Evoker.

Although the actual method that the Evoker summons a Persona is vague and unclear, it is always reiterated that the main purpose of the Evoker (and summoning a Persona in general) is provoking a sense of terror and thus, inducing extreme stress which is one of the prerequisites for summoning a Persona.[SIZE=11.6667px] [/SIZE]Evokers contain a Plume of Dusk, which allows them to work during the Dark Hour and also aids in summoning one's Persona."

I want to pick up Banner Saga but wonder if it will be the same discount on Xboxone? The Id sale has it listed but not the price. I hate having to make choices depending on hard drive size.

I want to pick up Banner Saga but wonder if it will be the same discount on Xboxone? The Id sale has it listed but not the price. I hate having to make choices depending on hard drive size.
The $5 price for The Banner Saga is a very good deal, which is why so many people have been buying it. The Android version is the same price on Google Play, but it doesn't offer controller support. I would love to play it on my Shield TV, but I need controller support for a game like that, so I opted for the PS4 version. It might get cheaper on Steam, but it's rare that games go as cheap on Xbox as they do on PSN. Lately, it appears that PSN's pricing is closer to that of Steam Store sales.

Can anyone recommend the PS4 versions of Beach Buggy Racing and Riptide GP2 if you already own the Android versions? I know the prices are cheap, but I have both on my Shield TV where Beach Buggy Racing is free to play and Riptide GP2 was 99 cents on sale way back when.

Also debating I Am Bread, but it just looks goofy.

Just wanted to let you know that PS All-stars is only cross-buy when you buy the PS3 Version NOT the other way around. So it's pretty much a one way cross-buy.

What do you all think about the You don't know Jack party games? does it run well for parties?
We played YDKJ Party Pack 1 during our New Years gathering and I was surprised how long it stayed loaded. I thought it would be a novelty but it stayed in play for a couple of hours. Some of the games are funny with lots of folks and some libations!

Got excited to see Journey on sale...but only for ps3? So I bought it on my phone for ps3 and downloaded the ps4 version right after. Not sure why they wouldn't just put both versions on sale if it's already cross buy? *shrug*

YDKJ is a great party game, especially for that price. I couldn't recommend it enough. I have the second pack too, but haven't gotten around to playing it, but the value and entertainment for $5 is a steal. I love drawful...or whatever it's called.

We played YDKJ Party Pack 1 during our New Years gathering and I was surprised how long it stayed loaded. I thought it would be a novelty but it stayed in play for a couple of hours. Some of the games are funny with lots of folks and some libations!
How does the smart phone integration work? I have a party for some friends coming up and thinking about picking itup.

How does the smart phone integration work? I have a party for some friends coming up and thinking about picking itup.
You just need an Internet connection. You go to their website (on your device) and enter your specific game code and password and you're in. Can use tablets too and probably a computer.

Thinking about picking up red dead. But I just can't help to think that it will be getting an HD remaster in the near future.
Also the fact that it appears to be the vanilla, not the goty (which is worth the extra cost for undead nightmare alone).

I played the Jack Party pack for the first time last night at a friends house, and it was incredibly fun. I'll say that Quiplash and Drawful were our favorites followed by Fibbage.

Killzone is the only one that jumps out at me but it's so friggin large in file size I'll probably wait for physical to drop way down.

And if any of you are trophy whores Murdered Soul Suspect is a east platinum. Did it on PS3 and PS4. Incredibly boring "game" however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you already know it, but buying the physical version isn't going to save you any space on your HDD, since most physical games have to be fully installed and take up the same amount of space. If you prefer physical games, of course it's worth looking for that version. It's been pretty cheap physically in the past, but this is by far the cheapest price for the digital version. I bought the digital just for the convenience, already have the physical.

I'm sure you already know it, but buying the physical version isn't going to save you any space on your HDD, since most physical games have to be fully installed and take up the same amount of space. If you prefer physical games, of course it's worth looking for that version. It's been pretty cheap physically in the past, but this is by far the cheapest price for the digital version. I bought the digital just for the convenience, already have the physical.
If hes anything like me it has nothing to do with the space it takes up on the hard drive. It has everything to do with slow internet speeds and/ or data caps. Personally I live in a rural area with bleh speeds so a 35-40 gig game would take me around 2-3 days to download at least depending on if I leave it downloading the whole time. 40 gigs also takes a huge chunk out of some peoples data caps so buying physical would be a huge relief on that issue as well.

If hes anything like me it has nothing to do with the space it takes up on the hard drive. It has everything to do with slow internet speeds and/ or data caps. Personally I live in a rural area with bleh speeds so a 35-40 gig game would take me around 2-3 days to download at least depending on if I leave it downloading the whole time. 40 gigs also takes a huge chunk out of some peoples data caps so buying physical would be a huge relief on that issue as well.
I agree. There are certain games that I haven't even purchased that I might want because of the file sizes. But the physical version of Killzone will likely be one of the cheaper used PS4 games to find at GameStop in the near future. I'd just wait.

Can anyone recommend the PS4 versions of Beach Buggy Racing and Riptide GP2 if you already own the Android versions? I know the prices are cheap, but I have both on my Shield TV where Beach Buggy Racing is free to play and Riptide GP2 was 99 cents on sale way back when.
I enjoyed Beach Buggy Racing, it has a lot of content for the price and it's pretty challenging. If you like to 100% your trophies, it has 2 that require an insane amount of grinding to the point where I personally didn't 100% it.

Does anybody know what the content difference between Don't Starve: Console Edition + Reign of the Giants and Don't Starve: Giant Edition? Does Console Edition allow you to play without the expansion, whereas Giant Edition does not?
Don't Starve: Giant Edition is the Vita version of the game, which has the expansion built in. There's no way to get it on Vita without it, which is why Cross Buy of the base game on PS4 gives you that version. The PS4 version was released before the expansion was available, so it's just the base game and the bundle includes the expansion with it.

You can actually get the physical version of it pre-owned on the Gamestop 4 for $20 sale. $5 for the physical copy.

I just bought Tetris for the PS4. I've heard of that crap game. ;)

Hopefully the PS4 has the horsepower to run Tetris. Maybe I will wait to play it on the Neo to make sure I get the full experience.
It's funny you mention Tetris PS4. I was looking into it today and it seems it was reported to be glitchy and unplayable. I was coming here to see if anyone had tried it yet on PS4.

Well here's why I'm hesitating

Journey - walking simulator

okami - often compared to zelda games but I don't like zelda games that much tbh

Killzone - filesize is too big. I doubt I'd ever feel like deleting stuff on my card just to make space for this

It's funny you mention Tetris PS4. I was looking into it today and it seems it was reported to be glitchy and unplayable. I was coming here to see if anyone had tried it yet on PS4.
I haven't played it in a while but I was dissatisfied with it. I think a lot of it is complete certain goals, like complete 30 lines to unlock the next thing. I want to say the playing area seemed smaller than it should be. Again, I don't really remember because I stopped playing it but it was worse and less enjoyable than the Vita version of Tetris.

okami - often compared to zelda games but I don't like zelda games that much tbh

Killzone - filesize is too big. I doubt I'd ever feel like deleting stuff on my card just to make space for this
Sounds like you don't want any of the games.

Picked up Persona 3 Portable and Journey (Journey on a whim, since it was PS3/PS4 crossbuy.) Beat Journey in a few hours, one sitting, but I am glad to finally have experienced it. Not going to go into detail, but damn was it wonderful. Well worth the price, excited to do another playthrough sometime soon.

if money is the issue skip them all

if I had to pick 2 I would go journey and okami

if I had to pick 1 I would pick okami

Hitman GO worth $3.19?
A thousand times yes. It's a real cool little puzzle game and is wholly unique. It has gotten cheaper if you'd prefer it on your phone or Windows but if you want it on console, it's so good. I'm really hoping Lara Croft GO gets the same PS4 port style soon.

Hitman GO worth $3.19?
Basically you are on a grid and the goal is to traverse obstacles to reach your objective. Each level has 1 goal (escape or kill your target) and 2 sub goals which range from finishing under a certain number of moves, to picking up a briefcase on the way, or not killing any guards. Things begin simply with fat guards who are lazy and only look in one direction so that you can easily kill them by flanking them from the sides or behind. But they slowly add mechanics like guards who patrol back and forth across the map, moving 1 tile whenever you move, trap doors to move several tiles across the map in one move, locked doors which require collecting keys, large potted plants you can use to hide on the same tile as a guard, guard uniforms to sneak by guards of the same color, etc. I also like that it is not a twitch based puzzler, you can take as much time as you want to consider your next move.

5 chapters have 15 levels, and 2 chapters have 8 levels. It has a lot of gold trophies and a plat. Crossbuy PS4/Vita and it plays fine on the Vita. Can control it using the analog stick or touch controls.

Save your $5 and skip Killzone Shadow Fall. It's abysmal.
Finally someone says this. I've hidden in the shadows hoping somebody shared my belief. When the game came out and I had no PS4 games, I was able to get it for $20. Hated it then, never finished it and always thought I wasted money (even though it was a great deal at the time).

bread's done
Back