5 for 25 dvds and games (360, psp) at Blockbuster EXTREME YMMV

aznpersuasion

CAGiversary!
Blockbuster is running there 5 for 25 again and it includes all previously viewed and played dvds and games. They have several new dvds in the category (mission impossible 3, break-up, click, fun with dick and jane, omen, etc.) They have several old games in their regular cart sales but i found several psp games but only one 360 game which was moto gp not great but for 5 dollars i'll add it to my collection. These games were located in the front desk where u check out so don't forget to look there....oh yea there were a couple movies there too. so happy hunting i'm sure everyone will have various different 360 titles...post them and lets see what they got on sale...
Good luck cagers

I should ask this included games at your store? I have never ever heard of blockbuster selling used games regardless of price at 5 for $25. Is it for dvds and games under a certain dollar amount?

The BB near my house never does these deals. I hate the place. It smells funny, the employees are freaks, and I just don't care for the place.

[quote name='Rags']The BB near my house never does these deals. I hate the place. It smells funny, the employees are freaks, and I just don't care for the place.[/quote]

Thats because its not national. Blockbuster stores can run alot of local promotions that are only good at a handful of stores. I'd add YMMV to the title until you get confirmation of other stores actually doing this as it seems highly doubtful this is a widespread sale.

*edit* lol someone added YMMV as i typed that :)

[quote name='aznpersuasion']Blockbuster is running there 5 for 25 again and it includes all previously viewed and played dvds and games. They have several new dvds in the category (mission impossible 3, break-up, click, fun with dick and jane, omen, etc.) They have several old games in their regular cart sales but i found several psp games but only one 360 game which was moto gp not great but for 5 dollars i'll add it to my collection. These games were located in the front desk where u check out so don't forget to look there....oh yea there were a couple movies there too. so happy hunting i'm sure everyone will have various different 360 titles...post them and lets see what they got on sale...
Good luck cagers[/QUOTE]

i would of grabbed all the psp games. Im sure you would found a ton of people here willing to buy them off you.

[quote name='Brian9824']Thats because its not national. Blockbuster stores can run alot of local promotions that are only good at a handful of stores. I'd add YMMV to the title until you get confirmation of other stores actually doing this as it seems highly doubtful this is a widespread sale.

*edit* lol someone added YMMV as i typed that :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I added that. This is most likely a franchise store or a store that has lost it's fuckin' mind.

Could you update us with the specific store and city you got this deal at OP?

Hehe fast acting Shipwreck. I can picture hundreds of angry CAG's storming Blockbuster and getting Disapointed. I know my store wasn't running this as of yesterday since I checked when i went in.

If I had to guess he's somewhere in the South around Knoxville. Lets see if i'm correct.

I passed by today and there was a huge banner taking up a 1/4 of the front of the window saying 4 for $20 on USED DVD's. Maybe I'll check it out.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I added that. This is most likely a franchise store or a store that has lost it's fuckin' mind.

Could you update us with the specific store and city you got this deal at OP?[/quote]

Sorry about the YMMV It looked like a really fancy sign and i checked the places in Little Rock, Arkansas. Once again sorry about the mistake.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I added that. This is most likely a franchise store or a store that has lost it's fuckin' mind.

Could you update us with the specific store and city you got this deal at OP?[/QUOTE]
GameRush did a buy 5, get 5 for used games under $15 around this time last year. It's not totally unprecedented, but it's not the direction Blockbuster/GR have been heading lately.

[quote name='radjago']GameRush did a buy 5, get 5 for used games under $15 around this time last year. It's not totally unprecedented, but it's not the direction Blockbuster/GR have been heading lately.[/quote]

Yeah but your talking about older games that are less then $15, not newer games that are $30+ normally, being sold for $5.

At my GR they were pushing a rack of used games as "2 for $15". Well, guess what? They were all $9.99 (and possibly under) games that would normally sell for $7.50 now with the 25% off promo (that IS running at all non-franchise Blockbusters by the way). That would make them, guess what, "2 for $15" :rofl:. But it worked, as I saw a mother and kid buying 2 games for the father for Christmas. I helped by steering them towards the Rogue Leader game she was considering. I think she picked up some crappy racing game as the second one though. Of course, she didn't have to buy 2 but the sign "got her".

Wow... what happened to trying to confirm a deal?

I don't know where the OP is from.. but it's confirmed here. All of my local Blockbusters were bought out by a chain a few months ago.. so they were part of that big sale. They own alot of stores, so it may be worth looking into.

I'm kind of wondering how to make this work with the Rhino 2 for 1 deal. They had NFL Head Coach, Pariah, PD Orta, Gundam vs. Zeta or whateverthefuck, Phantom Dust, Sly Cooper, FF VII UMD, etc. That's at one store.. I'm about to make the rounds and check the others.

If your local Blockbuster was part of that sale a few months back (mainly in the Southeast), I'd say give it a shot. If I remember right though, many were part of it nationwide. There was literally a huge banner in front of the store I went to saying "5 used games or movies for $25!"

[quote name='io']At my GR they were pushing a rack of used games as "2 for $15". Well, guess what? They were all $9.99 (and possibly under) games that would normally sell for $7.50 now with the 25% off promo That would make them, guess what, "2 for $15" :rofl:.[/quote]You noticed that too?

From the corner of my eye, I saw the new signage and it was over a bin of games that were 14.99 and for a second I was excited to see what they had. Then I read 2 @ 9.99 for $15. Well duh, two 7.50 games usually do total 15.00. :roll:

I'd love to see 5 for $25. But hey, who wouldn't?

bread's done
Back