$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hyukevain']Anyone else getting a "no download servers available" everytime they try to download something?[/QUOTE]

I can't click on anything even if it's to buy something. FAIL.

Did the PAX Coupon ever work? Tried it with and without any
discounted items and kept getting a delayed:

"Promotions are not currently available. Try again later." message.

Takes a few seconds to come up after no response.

Anyone score?

EDIT @ 12.50 e.s.t. Coupon is working with discounted items.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deathmothon']I'm hesitant to buy from D2D. Some good deals though.[/QUOTE]

I have bought lots of stuff from D2D over the years.. never had a problem.. they even was quick to refund on a non working game once upon a time.. that they did fix in time.. and i ended up having for free.

I'm somewhat interested in Europa Universalis III, but Amazon has the game for $8.99. I'd prefer to have a physical copy of the game for $1.50 more, as my ISP isn't that great. However, If someone else is on the fence for that game, I'd be interested in purchasing two copies, gifting the other so that we can use the $5 coupon. It's only $2.50 savings, but dammit it's my $2.50!

God... In for:

Penumbra Collection
Tropico 3
Elven Legacy
Used PAX code for $14 total (ish)

AND

Mount & Blade Warband w/ PAX code in a separate order for $14. Woo! lol

The Warband bundle is poop, if it was just Warband then great but people were better off with the Steam sale opn it last week.

The other one doesn't look bad though

Come on Steam, daddy needs some Painkiller and Fear 1 sales. Join in the spirit of competition, make the official Steam, "D2D turned 6 And We Want to Make Sure They Don't Make It To 7" Sale.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Come on Steam, daddy needs some Painkiller and Fear 1 sales. Join in the spirit of competition, make the official Steam, "D2D turned 6 And We Want to Make Sure They Don't Make It To 7" Sale.[/QUOTE]
:applause: LOL

I can't check from my current location - is the Europa Universalis III for just the base game? Or complete with expansions?

[quote name='caldazar']I can't check from my current location - is the Europa Universalis III for just the base game? Or complete with expansions?[/QUOTE]

"Europa Universalis III: Complete contains the award-winning Europa Universalis III grand strategy game along with the Napoleon’s Ambition and In Nomine expansion packs."
Sale for $7.50

And for anyone trying to order more than 3 things. I did that with my order, got 3 things from the $6 section, and for the 4th thing, I just submitted a ticket saying I didn't know there was a 3 item limit. When they tell you they can't do anything about it, just say they lost the sale then. I did that and got my limit pushed up =).

Newest daily deals are Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for $49.95, and Puzzle Quest 2 for $14.95. If you add some random $.99 dlc pack to Puzzle Quest 2 and use the PAX code, you can get shave a few more dollars off and get it for $10.94, which is not bad at all really.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Come on Steam, daddy needs some Painkiller and Fear 1 sales. Join in the spirit of competition, make the official Steam, "D2D turned 6 And We Want to Make Sure They Don't Make It To 7" Sale.[/QUOTE]Lmao! :lol:

Might bite on that Puzzle Quest 2 deal.

Yeah, you'd think they would hold the CoH sale off until after Steam's sale ended. Could buy 2 copies for the same sale price. :)

Or they could of offered it at $1.99.

Yes, the PAX code worked for me too, although I didn't end up sealing the deal because they tried to charge me sales tax. Not cool.

When it comes to Force Unleashed, I would definitely make sure you exceed the requirements by quite a bit, as it is a fairly poor port in general. I grabbed it for a few bucks at Half Price about a month ago, and despite meeting the requirements, it ran incredibly bad and provided no real options to tweak the game. Doing some research afterward, it seemed to be a pretty common problem. :(

Just a word of caution for those who may meet the requirements, but are still on a slightly aging PC.

[quote name='Kurina']When it comes to Force Unleashed, I would definitely make sure you exceed the requirements by quite a bit, as it is a fairly poor port in general. I grabbed it for a few bucks at Half Price about a month ago, and despite meeting the requirements, it ran incredibly bad and provided no real options to tweak the game. Doing some research afterward, it seemed to be a pretty common problem. :(

Just a word of caution for those who may meet the requirements, but are still on a slightly aging PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up - I meet the requirements, exceed in most - I'll have double the RAM in about a week when I get my Patriot chips.

I've been meaning to get the Titan's Quest bundle, so this was an excellent deal.
I missed the Steam sale a while back, but I can't remember whether the price was this low.

[quote name='Firvagor']I've been meaning to get the Titan's Quest bundle, so this was an excellent deal.
I missed the Steam sale a while back, but I can't remember whether the price was this low.[/QUOTE]
The two things stopping me from Titan Quest is that it's not Steam and I want the THQ pack on Steam when it drops again, otherwise I'd be all over this sale.
It's hard to pass up though, I'm still undecided lol

[quote name='drakesvg']The Daily Deal Sims 3 for 19.95 -PAX Coupon = Sims 3 14.95 not to bad cheapest ive seen it[/QUOTE]

ya but who actually WANTS Sims 3 ;)?

Kind of disappointed in the weekly sale for this week. Armored Princess is a really good deal but I got that when it came out. Crayon Physics looks sorta entertaining though. Has anyone played this?

Yeah as far as deals go, Armored Princess is great. It looks like an interesting game for people who are fans of Heroes of Might and Magic or Disciples (which I am). However, does it come with the original or is that going to be a separate purchase?

Oh and Crayon Physics is fun for a little while. Physics games never really were my thing. I REALLY enjoyed Fantastic Contraption, but all else is just ok in comparison.

Even if I buy all the Doctor Who Adventures games separately they're still only $14.85. I don't want anything else but want to use the coupon... arrghhh

Armored princess is standalone so it won't come with the first one but they play a lot alike. The second one's difficulty ramps up much quicker than the first so it might be a little rough at first. I thought both King's Bountys were great but I might be a little biased as I grew up playing the original for hours.

Well shoot... I bit on King's Bounty... I love HoMaM and Disciples and this plays like a faster pace version of those, so why not... for $6 on a game that retails for $40, i guess it's worth the risk...

I have the original KB, and have been contemplating Armored Princess. For $6 it sounds worth it. (though I might wait for another sale on Steam)

Damn..I'm trying to save up for XBOX 360.. Sims 3 for $14.95 is tempting.. Maybe I ought to stop checking D2D's site every day at noon.. Has anyone played Sims 3? Is it any good?

[quote name='aaronz77']Damn..I'm trying to save up for XBOX 360.. Sims 3 for $14.95 is tempting.. Maybe I ought to stop checking D2D's site every day at noon.. Has anyone played Sims 3? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]
Sims 3 is definitely good if you liked the Sims 2. While it lacks much of the content of the previous versions' expansion packs, it is far more seamless and refined. Other sims age while your household ages. Once a neighborhood is loaded, there are no more loading screens between locations.

[quote name='aaronz77']Thanks guys! SOLD! lol.. I'm buying now.. Guess XB360's will always be around.[/QUOTE]

For 5 more years according to Microsoft. Of course, in 2-3 years we'll probably see the next gen model come out.

As for "the sale" I'm passing on the games. Maybe one of the daily sales will be good.

bread's done
Back