$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use their web downloader and never have problems, comadore or whatever the hell their other things is needs a lot of work though.

I use Comrade for updating and haven't had issues. Usually for downloading the full game I use the HTML link straight to my NAS so I can archive it.

Ahh, well I've never tried it for updating I don't think, I just tried it out
when it first came out and thought it was a mess, they have probably improved on it since then.

They have done this other days but the clock always starts over at noon cst. I'm sure they will change them but may not be for a while

Well new deals are up looks like SW:Galaxies complete for $5.00 & Grandages Rome for $7.50. I cant believe i was waiting to find out what todays deals were. Id be willing to bet Steam will have Galaxies on sale later this week.

hmm. now I'm looking at Silverfall & the standalone expansion for it. Don't need SW: Galaxies, since I have that, and stopped playing it years ago. I guess I'll ride out the week and see if another daily deal grabs me, so I can use the PAX code, if it is still good.

[quote name='caldazar']hmm. now I'm looking at Silverfall & the standalone expansion for it. Don't need SW: Galaxies, since I have that, and stopped playing it years ago. I guess I'll ride out the week and see if another daily deal grabs me, so I can use the PAX code, if it is still good.[/QUOTE]

I got those a while back and there isn't much very special about the game but it was still fun enough. It was a little weird because each zone would auto level until a certain point. Kept the difficulty good though and still allowed you to get ultra powerful in the zone in the end.

You can also just get the expansion if you want since it is standalone. You just start out at a higher level and jump into the new areas.

[quote name='Saablic']I got those a while back and there isn't much very special about the game but it was still fun enough. It was a little weird because each zone would auto level until a certain point. Kept the difficulty good though and still allowed you to get ultra powerful in the zone in the end.

You can also just get the expansion if you want since it is standalone. You just start out at a higher level and jump into the new areas.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the info on it. I remember trying the demo and wasn't horribly wowed...but I'm a sucker for a deal. Perhaps I'll just get the expansion instead then.

[quote name='caldazar']hmm. now I'm looking at Silverfall & the standalone expansion for it. Don't need SW: Galaxies, since I have that, and stopped playing it years ago. I guess I'll ride out the week and see if another daily deal grabs me, so I can use the PAX code, if it is still good.[/QUOTE]

The PAX code is supposed to work throughout September.

I just went ahead and got them, been eying them for a long time anyway.

[quote name='Spyder187']Dirt 2 for 6 bucks is a damn steal. Seriously, if you dont have the game by now this should make you get off yer ass and buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is a sweet deal. Dirt 2 is the only one that tempts me this week.

silverfall was a terrible game, i couldn't even play for an hour.

Yeah I dunno how D2D managed to mess that up, they have a better price on monkey island then steam (using the PAX) and theres nothing, barely a wispher about the fact its on sale, so good point provis.

[quote name='RebelCapitalist'][IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Tropico 3 is a really good game. Basically Sim CIty on an Island with threat of war. Really good. I am thinking about getting Knights Of The Old Republic. ANyone know if it works on Windows 7?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']How telling is it that the sale is two weeks in and this thread is only 9 pages long?[/QUOTE]

The first week the sale seemed promising and it has been a disappointment since then especially since people still talk about last years sale.

[quote name='thextreme1']I am thinking about getting Knights Of The Old Republic. ANyone know if it works on Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']How telling is it that the sale is two weeks in and this thread is only 9 pages long?[/QUOTE]

It certainly hasn't wowed me with the greatness of it, but I've picked up a couple of games. The Pax coupon really is what sells it for me. With it they've beaten what steam has for sale more often then not this weekend.

[quote name='pROvIs']The first week the sale seemed promising and it has been a disappointment since then especially since people still talk about last years sale.[/QUOTE]No kidding. I bought a bunch of stuff last year, most of which I haven't even started playing yet, and so far this year I haven't felt the urge to splurge on anything.

[quote name='drakesvg']Heres hoping next years sale dosnt suck so bad and prob at a $7 price point.[/QUOTE]

What bothers me the most is that we even had a lot of items that were on sale last year but at $6 instead of $5 or worse. Shouldn't games go down with time?

huh...

Dirt 2 + Secret of Monkey Island 1&2 bundle + 2xdefense grid map packs for $10.50

or Dirt 2 for $6.

hmmm, might bite on Dirt 2 + SoMI bundle for $10.50 with PAX code

any other games on sale worth getting with dirt 2 over SoMI bundle

[quote name='pROvIs']What bothers me the most is that we even had a lot of items that were on sale last year but at $6 instead of $5 or worse. Shouldn't games go down with time?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but did they have a coupon like PAX last year? I forget.

[quote name='thextreme1']Yep. Tropico 3 is a really good game. Basically Sim CIty on an Island with threat of war. Really good. I am thinking about getting Knights Of The Old Republic. ANyone know if it works on Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to also confirm that it launches and runs just fine in Windows 7. I bought the game off of D2D a few weeks ago and have had no problems getting the game to play.

However, a note about the video and actual display (could just be my system):

The FMV scenes are not scaled up on my laptop (4GB RAM, i5-450m, 1GB ATI 5850, 1680x1050 native resolution) and play in the middle of the screen. Further, the highest resolution the game runs at for me (according to the in-game options) is 1280x1024 so just know that you'll be playing it with two black bars on either side of the screen for you widescreeners out there.

None of this is a deal-killer for me since the game itself is fun! :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Just wanted to also confirm that it launches and runs just fine in Windows 7. I bought the game off of D2D a few weeks ago and have had no problems getting the game to play.

However, a note about the video and actual display (could just be my system):

The FMV scenes are not scaled up on my laptop (4GB RAM, i5-450m, 1GB ATI 5850, 1680x1050 native resolution) and play in the middle of the screen. Further, the highest resolution the game runs at for me (according to the in-game options) is 1280x1024 so just know that you'll be playing it with two black bars on either side of the screen for you widescreeners out there.

None of this is a deal-killer for me since the game itself is fun! :)[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that these steps work work to get widescreen resolutions in KotOR (special instructions for STEAM version):

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

Not sure if it's too much a hassle, but one part sets the widescreen and the other step adjusts the hud. I've had no problems (yet) playing STEAM version on Windows 7 64-bit at 1680x1050.

Pics here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic

Has anyone managed to get the "PAX" coupon code to work on either the UK or EU Direct2Drive sites?

I used it on the US (.com) site to buy Tropico 3 + T3: Absolute Power for 11$ plus taxes. But since some of the newer offers are region locked (Monkey Island remakes for example), i can't get advantage of the "PAX" code on either the UK or EU site.

Is there any kind of "PAX" code equivalent for no-US D2D sites?

The comments at Rock, Paper, Shotgun mention a "PAX2010" coupon, good for $5 off $5 or more. Doesn't work on $4.95 games, but it works on the $6 games to get them for $1, or you can add $0.99 Defense Grid DLC packs to pad an order to be more than $5.

Also means both special edition Monkey Island games for $2.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bitter1961']The comments at Rock, Paper, Shotgun mention a "PAX2010" coupon, good for $5 off $5 or more. Doesn't work on $4.95 games, but it works on the $6 games to get them for $2, or you can add $0.99 Defense Grid DLC packs to pad an order to be more than $5.

Also means both special edition Monkey Island games for $2.50.[/QUOTE]
D'oh! And here I just bought LeChuck's Revenge from the Steam sale.

Oh well. Great deal for anyone who doesn't have the special editions yet.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Can that PAX2010 code be used on more than one order? I'd buy several of these, at a buck each.[/QUOTE]
Yes it can, I just placed 3 separate orders and the code worked on all of them.

Wow that code singlehandedly turned a mediocre sale into possibly an amazing one. Too bad nobody really seemed to know about it during the first week, KotOR for a buck better than Steam's 2.50 a few days ago lol

bread's done
Back