$5 Off any product at Target's Website (Brutal Legend deal Dead: OOS)

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Origional deal of getting Brutal Legend for $2.99 is DEAD (as of 8:27 EST on October 24th. They are OOS. The coupon code still does work for any product on Target's website. You MUST be signed in Target's website BEFORE you checkout. While checking out use coupon code: TGT75HFN to save $5.

http://www.target.com/p/Brutal-Legends-Xbox360/-/A-13770956
http://www.target.com/p/Brutal-Legends-Xbox360/-/A-13770956

Target has Brutal Legend on temporary price cut for $7.99, and if you use coupon code TGT75HFN you can get an addition $5 off and it ships for free! So not a bad price for it.

NOTE: You MUST be signed into a Target account before you can use the coupon code ( you can NOT checkout as a guest). Also that code is just $5 off anything on Target.com so you can use it for other deals as well!

Hopefully this hasn't been shared, I checked on the Target clearance and the Sunday ads and didn't see it. Feel free to delete if its there! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If finishing games is important to you (it is to me) then $3 may still be too much. I don't like RTS, and I'd heard people gripe about it in this game, but come on! It's Tim Schaeffer. The guy is amazing. Even RTS is going to be fun when he does it...

...I was wrong. It is terribly designed. The hack and slash, and exploring the map stuff is fun, but the story progression (so far) requires multiple RTS stages which I find terrible. I flat out quit playing last night because I was so bored and annoyed with them. It's not like you can skip those parts like it were a side mission, it's critical to beating the game.

The demo doesn't include any RTS stuff. So when people tell you those parts suck mightily...believe them. They do.

Some PSP RPG's worth a look:

Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II - $8.99 each
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - $10.49
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - $9.99
Star Ocean: First Departure - $6.99

I got Star Ocean for about $5.40 with tax and shipping.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I don't know man. Three bucks is kind of steep. Do you think it will be cheaper on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I heard it's going to drop to $2.75 on BF, I'd hold out.

I've wanted this game for awhile and at $3 why not. Though I have to ask why now? I just spent around $100 on various things (including things that don't have to do with games, but were still not essential).

Can you skip the RTS parts, or are they required? If required, then I'm not sure it's worth $3 to me. RTS isn't exactly a favorite genre of mine, especially not when it's crappy.

I loved everything about Brutal Legend... until I had to play the RTS section for the first time. I could not get past it so I just up and quit. I know others didn't mind the RTS section (and many also enjoyed it) but I felt that it was clunky and half-baked. This isn't a slam on the developer (they were developing under duress after all). I just wish it was handled differently or just left out altogether. Otherwise the game just oozes awesomesauce. I'm not even really a metalhead at all (though I do like a lot of the bands in the game), but I simply could not stop loving the overall production design. It really and truly is right off a record album cover and is so lovingly detailed.

For $3 this is a real steal and worth picking up for the price. If you don't like the game you can still get some okay trade-in value for it I'm sure or sell it to a buddy in exchange for a morning coffee.

[quote name='crunchewy']Can you skip the RTS parts, or are they required? If required, then I'm not sure it's worth $3 to me. RTS isn't not exactly a favorite genre of mine, especially not when it's crappy.[/QUOTE]

You can't skip them unfortunately. I liken the RTS section (the one I played at least) to be like RTS meets Abe's Odyssee's "Stay here - Okay" type of vibe. Check out some YouTube videos to see what I mean. I think the control was what threw me to be honest. If they didn't combine the combat and RTS in those sections then I think I would have liked it.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Is this game worth it?[/QUOTE]
...yes? It is a different and good game, but Jack Black is really irritating. I played it but wasn't compelled to keep going.
The problem is that I KNOW it's a good game, clever and unusual... but something about it just... sucks. If you can get over the fact that the whole game feels like an 80's era Mountain Dew commercial you may love it.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']did you sign into an account before you checked out? You can NOT check out as a guest. Create an account FIRST, and then start the checkout process.[/QUOTE]

Perfect, thanks. Did it and it worked. Brutal Legend shipped for $3.17, thanks OP!

If you like metal, buy this game.

If you hate metal, don't. Liking metal is pretty much a requirement to enjoy Brutal Legend.

As a metalhead, I bought it on launch, beat it and loved it to death. It's funny and a damn good time.

The RTS elements are fun, but horribly imbalanced. If you're having a hard time, just try building massive amounts of the biker dudes. In packs, those things are ridiculously powerful.

I don't necessarily think that the RTS section was a bad idea, it was the amount of control that you had over the whole situation that was frustrating. It was just too hard to get your dudes to do what you wanted IMO.

Is the coupon code dead? When I try applying it, it just tells me that "the items in your cart do not yet meet the minimum requirements for the promotion you entered"

[quote name='spmahn']Is the coupon code dead? When I try applying it, it just tells me that "the items in your cart do not yet meet the minimum requirements for the promotion you entered"[/QUOTE]

I had to create an account on their homepage first, just enter your email and a password. Then it worked just fine.

[quote name='crunchewy']Can you skip the RTS parts, or are they required? If required, then I'm not sure it's worth $3 to me. RTS isn't exactly a favorite genre of mine, especially not when it's crappy.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Completely required to advance the story. To make matters worse, as someone who doesn't like RTS, it was shitty executed RTS. It was a complete deal-breaker for me. Trying to decide if I want to wade through that garbage to finish it or not. It's that bad to me.

Renamed the thread since the Brutal Legend deal is dead, but the $5 off deal is still live... if anyone sees Brutal Legend go back in stock for some reason let everyone know!

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Origional deal of getting Brutal Legend for $2.99 is DEAD (as of 8:27 EST on October 24th. They are OOS. The coupon code still does work for any product on Target's website. You MUST be signed in Target's website BEFORE you checkout. While checking out use coupon code: TGT75HFN to save $5.

[/QUOTE]

How do you get the free shipping??

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Any other good deals besides Brutal Legend?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted earlier that Fallout 3 was $15.99 or something. So $10.99 after the deal. That's an alright deal, but its for the vanilla version.

[quote name='Scorpion']How do you get the free shipping??[/QUOTE]

Some items are eligible for Free Shipping but so you have to check on the item's page to see if it's offered or not. I want to pull the trigger on both FFT: War of the Lions and Star Ocean: First Departure with the coupon but neither are shipped free. :\

Is Quantum of Solace worth $6.87 shipped? Just curious. I'm guessing it's a multiplayer shooter... the only xbox360 game I was thinking of getting at that price.

[quote name='cancermatt']Is Quantum of Solace worth $6.87 shipped? Just curious. I'm guessing it's a multiplayer shooter... the only xbox360 game I was thinking of getting at that price.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to say yes because I added it to my backlog when I got it from Newegg for 6.99, but I haven't played it yet. I was assured that it was a solid game for the price tag.

Sid Meier's Pirates! and Hannah Montana something PSP are both $~$3 shipped. You can also check the sorting box on the side and look for free shipping etc.

bread's done
Back