$5 off coupon for any DS game at Toys R Us B&M

cheapfrag

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Got an email from Toys R Us about their DS deals. They are offering the DS Lite with Brain Age for $129 (with a coupon from 6/14 to 6/19), just like BB/CC/Walmart.

The email also had a link for a coupon for $5 off any DS game:
http://www7.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/2006nintendocoupon/5index.cfm
THIS COUPON IS GOOD FROM 6/11 THRU 6/30

Apparently, once you print the coupon, it won't yet you print another one (probably puts a cookie on your PC).

Hope this helps someone

[quote name='sp00ge']Sorry guys... I ended up finding the coupon for the 2 for $30 and that is not valid with any other R Us offer. You're all still welcome to try at your locations though. I'm still gonna give it a shot. Here's a link:

http://www.tunermonkey.com/pics/tru2for30.jpg

And in a vain attempt to redeem myself, here's another couone that may work at some stores:

http://www.tunermonkey.com/pics/TRU5o25.jpg[/quote]

Bah. Everyone makes mistakes. That 2 for 30.00 coupon is still HOTT LIKE MARGE SCHOTT!

[quote name='evilmax17']Requesting prices before coupon on:
Nanostray
Bust-a-move
Viewtiful Joe[/QUOTE]

last time i was at TRU (maybe 2-3 weeks ago) Bust a move was 19.99 or something and so was viewtiful joe.

[quote name='neudog']Though every $$$ off coupon is good this deal is only worth it if you can find a DS game under $19.99. I say this, like most CAG's would, because you can easily obtain a $5 off coupon any $19.99 title with the GGC at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but:

1. It takes more effort to do it the GGC way. This is just print out a coupon and go.

2. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd much rather give my money to TRU than Best Buy.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Indeed, but:

1. It takes more effort to do it the GGC way. This is just print out a coupon and go.

2. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd much rather give my money to TRU than Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both points. Plus this has no minimum and the GGC does.

Just came back from TRU and used the coupon for Trauma Center: Under the Knife. No luck with Castlevania, though. It's was OOS.

Thanks again, OP!

[quote name='Number83']Just came back from TRU and used the coupon for Trauma Center: Under the Knife. No luck with Castlevania, though. It's was OOS.

Thanks again, OP![/QUOTE]
How much was Trauma Center before coupon? 35 or 30?

Well, good news and bad news. The 2 for $30 and $5 off DS aren't stackable, but the $5 off of $25 is a possibility. I picked up Brain Age and God of War, but I also picked up a clearanced DS charging dock for $5. Total, it came to $31.xx after tax. The $25 coupon may have worked because of the charging dock, but may work on just the games.

Also, I dunno if this applies to anywhere else, but they just let me give them the SKN #'s off of the coupons, since my printer took a dump.

picked up advanced wars ds during my lunch.

no problems with the coupon.

man... very slim pickin's at the tru near lane tech these days. i might go back for magnetica.

[quote name='sp00ge']Which one? The 2 for $30? That was part of when you sign up for the mailing list, you get special offers like that in your email from time to time. The $5 off of $25, I believe, is a scan of a birthday mailer coupon, so you may have trouble with them taking a copy of that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Thanks again sp00ge! I'll try again, probably today, and report back on my results for anyone interested.

-Jeremy

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']So can we do 2 for 30 and then -5 off or not ;x

I need BBA and BA for $25 total :)[/quote]

We did the 2 for $30 first, and then the $5 off and the register rejected the $5 off. Maybe if they're done in a different order..? I actually used my associate discount first, and it took that off before adjusting the amounts for the 2 for $30, so in reality my associate discount didn't save me anything.

When I go in tonight, I'm gonna do a return and rebuy, but change the order of things to see if I can save a few extra dollars.

Also, for the $5 off $25, if it doesn't take with just the games, pick up a candy bar. That should allow it then.

Just got back from Toys R US. Used the $ 10 off two games $19.99 or less. Wasnt much of a selection of games for $19.99 or less. Already had Brain Age so I bought Grant Theft Auto Liberty City Stories for the PS2 and Big Brain Academy came out to $32.51. They had The Incredibles, Shogun something, Chronicles of Narnia, Spiderman. Trauma Center they had but couldnt tell the price.Tony Hawk looked like it was still $34.99. The I asked the kid behind the register if I could use the the $5 DS off any DS game and he said sure I have to ring it up seperately and I got Castevania Dawn of Sorrow for $ 32.92 after coupon and tax.

My brother was with me behind line and the kid who rang me up left and he had a woman. Shes was in her 40's and saw I had used the coupon and she said I never seen these before where you get it from. And figured we were together and she told him looks like you used a photocopier and I got involved and said it was 1 per customer on Toysrus.com and that were are two customers and she called a manager over and I think she checked the website and gave it to him. He got New Super Mario Bros which was $35 for $5 off. Also I know he had to type the code in for the $ 10 off two games so they might give you a hard time at some places and couldnt tell but think the $5 off had to be typed in also.

The same phone number doesnt matter but dont try going back the same day or with someone else cause not many people are using the coupon for the $5 off and the gaming section by me is small so they can realize if you keep coming back.

If Trauma is is $ 29.99 i might go back and get it or Ages of Empire which also was 29.99. They had the Final Fantasy I and II for the Gameboy advance game for $10 but didnt want to buy too much at once I will get that next time I go too.

Sweet. Picked up the last copy of Trauma Center for $24.99 +tax after the coupon and got Rebelstar Tactical Command and Gunstar Super Heroes with the 2 for $30 coupon. Thanks again tp sp00ge and cheapfrag for the hookups!

It says it can't be used with other Coupons, so do you think it will work with the Buy 2 Get 3rd Free starting the 25th?

[quote name='kipz']It says it can't be used with other Coupons, so do you think it will work with the Buy 2 Get 3rd Free starting the 25th?[/QUOTE]

Dunno for sure but you sure could argue unless there is some "not good with other offers/coupons" in the B2G1 ad. I'm certainly going to test it out.

Unfortunately, the coupon does say "Limit One Per Customer." They might apply it to the game you get free in which case you don't get anything off.

[quote name='myxyplik']Thanks for the coupons! Does anyone know if TRU stocks Meteos? I'll probably go anyway this weekend if they don't.[/quote]

they do. i believe it was $29.99.

Here are some prices i saw today:

**All prices are BEFORE the coupon**

Retro Atari - $10
Tak 3 - $15
Whac a mole $20
Viewtiful joe - $20
Bass fishing - $20
Puyo pop fever - $20
Super monkey ball - $20
Atv game - $20

I tried using the 2 for $30 and got shot down. The coupon wouldn't scan. The cashier went to go ask someone else why it wouldn't scan. When he got back he said that someone told him they weren't accepting it anymore since "t seems someone put it on a website and printed out a bunch of them."

Hopefully your guys' TRUs don't catch on.

I'll try using the $5 off tomorrow.

Picked up Brain Age and Big Brain Academy with the 2 for $30 coupon, and the last copy of Castlevania: DoS with the $5 coupon. They had trouble scanning the coupons also, took some time before they decided to just do an override on the register or something.

I printed out a second copy of the 5 off coupon, the same cashier took it no problem. He said as long as the coupon hadnt expired, i could bring in as many as i wanted... so i got mario kart.

I had the 2 for 30 coupon in my back pocket, but i decided i have spent too much on games lately as it is.

[quote name='emperordahc']Printed it to Adobe Acrobat. Oh, look! My PDF lets me print a BILLION times![/QUOTE]
Yeah! And with the 1/100 of a cent money value, it's like printing money! Why, with a 500 sheets of paper, you could print, like, FIVE CENTS!
Seriously, great deal Cheapfrag. Between this and my Walmart.com copy of Phoenix Wright getting in, everything this week is coming up DS!

Picked up Tetris DS (for $25) and Advance Wars Dual Strike (for $30).

Didn't have any trouble with the coupon at my store. Although the lady was slightly surprised when I showed her the coupon. But it went through fine.

Thanks for the coupon!

Well spectaclar. I was looking for a lower priced DS game then I realized the only ones I want are all 30 or 35...TRU had Trauma Center and I didn't get it figuring I'd wait til it went down in price stupidly not considering that it is kind of rare and goes for around 40 bucks on Ebay and isn't carried by many retailers. Gonna go back tomorrow, hope it is still there *crosses fingers*

Why do the three DS games I want most have to be in such short supply. Argh (Trauma Center, Castlevania DOS, and Phoenix Wright). I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet on those instead of waiting for them to show up used at EB or GS.

Portable Castlevania games always have a short shelf life, anything that is a fighting, racing, shooting, or Spongebob type game sits on the shelf untill it grows roots.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Does anyone know the price of Trace Memory????[/quote]

At TRU it was going for $34.99 ($29.99 after coupon).

I got Trauma Center there today. $24.99 after coupon.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']At TRU it was going for $34.99 ($29.99 after coupon).[/QUOTE]

I believe BB is clearing out Trace Memory, though only dropping it to $29.99. Still, knock another $5 off with a GGC and it'd not a bad price.

Wasn't it $19.99 online somewhere?

I've only seen Trace Memory once in BB, and maybe once at EB Games. They have tons at my local TRU stores though.

-HM

Amazon.com had Trace Memory for 17.99 and Meteos for 19.99 thru TRU. But after getting Castlevania, NSMB, with the $5 off coupon and Big Brain Academy with the $10 off 2 games. Plus the DS Lite I didnt pull the trigger. Both are sold out and 29.99 thru other sites on Amazon.

Waiting till the 25th for the Buy 2 get 1 free deal at TRU. Will pick up Metroid, Tetris and Animal Crossing. With the DS titles coming out this summer seeming pretty lite. All these games should keep me playing the DS Lite thru the summer.

[quote name='Hollow Man']I've only seen Trace Memory once in BB, and maybe once at EB Games. They have tons at my local TRU stores though.

-HM[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch sitting on the clearance shelf at the BB near me. Been there for a looooooong time too. Meanwhile, they can't seem to get NSMB or Magnetica on the shelf. Go figure.

Weird also that most TRU I've been in have at least one or two copies of Trauma Center when it's darn near impossible to find everywhere else.

bread's done
Back