$5 off coupon for any DS game at Toys R Us B&M

cheapfrag

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Got an email from Toys R Us about their DS deals. They are offering the DS Lite with Brain Age for $129 (with a coupon from 6/14 to 6/19), just like BB/CC/Walmart.

The email also had a link for a coupon for $5 off any DS game:
http://www7.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/2006nintendocoupon/5index.cfm
THIS COUPON IS GOOD FROM 6/11 THRU 6/30

Apparently, once you print the coupon, it won't yet you print another one (probably puts a cookie on your PC).

Hope this helps someone

[quote name='Tybee']Weird also that most TRU I've been in have at least one or two copies of Trauma Center when it's darn near impossible to find everywhere else.[/quote]
Same here, which is why I picked it up. A bit tough to find, and a good deal at $25.

goldeneye64, what's the specifics of the 3 for 2 deal you speak of? Any title? DS only? Certain priced items? Coupon needed?

-HM

Just picked up feel the magic and polarium at 5 bucks a pop. Goin back for retro atari (breakout here I come!). If I only printed out 3 coupons instead of 2...
Then i gotta go back next week and get the b2g1 deal. I'm goin ds crazy over here!

Horray! I got Tramua Center! Oh, and as for Trace Memory, I see it at Gamestop all the time for 19.99 (don't remember if it was used or new)

I would like to take advantage of the Buy2get1 TRU sale but the only two games I want that I don't have of the ones listed are Metroid and Tetris, and of the many DS games I want those are very far down the list.

I got Polarium for $5 no problem, but they shot me down with the "One per customer" clause for Feel the Magic. Oh well, I'll have to get it another time.

[quote name='Damian']I got Polarium for $5 no problem, but they shot me down with the "One per customer" clause for Feel the Magic. Oh well, I'll have to get it another time.[/quote]

They said the same thing to me, and I just told them to put the games on two separate receipts.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']They said the same thing to me, and I just told them to put the games on two separate receipts.[/QUOTE]
I approached it that way initially, but the girl at the register though she would need some sort of override so she asked another guy there who read it and commented out loud that it said one per customer. Not much I could do that point, and it's not worth arguing about when they're actually right.

There are only a couple of DS games that I still need for my collection. I'm going to try and stall til the end of the month and maybe they'll get a miraculous price drop within the next ten days so I can use the coupon on them. 30 bucks is still too pricey for a portable game that's over a year old. Kirby, I'm looking at you.

[quote name='Damian']I got Polarium for $5 no problem, but they shot me down with the "One per customer" clause for Feel the Magic. Oh well, I'll have to get it another time.[/QUOTE]

that's crap, at the one I work at I was testing it out to see what coupons I coudl get it to work with, and the 5 dollars off went off automatically for all the games on the transaction

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']that's crap, at the one I work at I was testing it out to see what coupons I coudl get it to work with, and the 5 dollars off went off automatically for all the games on the transaction[/quote]

Did the coupon only scan once then applied itself to all games in the transaction? That would bode well for the B2G1 deal this Sunday.

poopy:

Kirby portable games seem to discontinue then rise in price, not decrease. At least the last GBA one did. Don't know about this one. I got Kirby DS at Kay-Bee, they were clearing them out for $20.

[quote name='espy605']Did the coupon only scan once then applied itself to all games in the transaction? That would bode well for the B2G1 deal this Sunday.[/quote]

Indeed. I expect a full report from someone once the sale starts.

Kirby portable games seem to discontinue then rise in price, not decrease. At least the last GBA one did. Don't know about this one. I got Kirby DS at Kay-Bee, they were clearing them out for $20.

Still one of the best games on the system. If you don't have it yet, you should. Looks especially gorgeous on the DS Lite.

I can confirm that the coupon takes $5 every DS game that you buy. Picked up Big Brain Academy and Trauma Center. As a side note, got Fire Emblem Sacred Stones guide for a penny.

[quote name='suko_32']I can confirm that the coupon takes $5 every DS game that you buy. Picked up Big Brain Academy and Trauma Center. As a side note, got Fire Emblem Sacred Stones guide for a penny.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! If this is true AND you can apply the Price Grabber gift card (and I can't see any reason why you couldn't), that means you could potentially get three $35 games for $45 (or $15 a piece). That has to be some kind of Cheap Ass record.

:applause: Huzzah! :applause:

Did I miss something? What's the price grabber gift card? Or are you just referring to the PG rebates?

[quote name='Tybee']Holy crap! If this is true AND you can apply the Price Grabber gift card (and I can't see any reason why you couldn't), that means you could potentially get three $35 games for $45 (or $15 a piece). That has to be some kind of Cheap Ass record. [/quote]

[quote name='suko_32']I can confirm that the coupon takes $5 every DS game that you buy. Picked up Big Brain Academy and Trauma Center. As a side note, got Fire Emblem Sacred Stones guide for a penny.[/quote]

I think I just went in my pants. Here's hoping it works with no problem with the B2G1 sale.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Anybody got a list of DS games at Toys R Us? Their website had 6 titles.[/QUOTE]

The TRU website is about to get redone. It's leaving away from amazon.com.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Did I miss something? What's the price grabber gift card? Or are you just referring to the PG rebates?[/QUOTE]

I may be confused. Don't you get a $10 gift card for preordering the new Madden?

[quote name='Tybee']I may be confused. Don't you get a $10 gift card for preordering the new Madden?[/QUOTE]

you get the gift card when you pick up the game

But will we get $15 or $10 off? One of the games should ring up $0, so with the coupon, it should become -$5!

Also, what happened to the b2g1f sale thread? I can't seem to find it

[quote name='yuy104']The link to the coupon isn't working for me...can someone please repost the link?

Thanks![/quote]

same here please

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']

Also, what happened to the b2g1f sale thread? I can't seem to find it[/quote]

I would like to know this as well. :cold:

bread's done
Back