50-80% Off Comics, Toys, and More. TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is On!

ANGURA

CAGiversary!
**Standard Disclosure: Howdy all. I like saving money. I love it when CAGs tip me off to deals. I work at TFAW. So when I hear of deals I share them here. But it would be unethical not to point out that I do work here. Carry on!**

Hey all,

Some of you may remember our Summer Steals sale last year where we took thousands of items and progressively discounted them over the course of the month. In essence, they started at 40% off and each week we took off another 10% until they were all at 80% off. Well...

It's back.

Spring cleaning is going to rock this May! We're offering huge progressive discounts on a ton of great pop culture collectibles. This time around we're starting at 50% off on everything in the sale, taking another 10% off every week, and randomly throwing new items into the sale over its entirety. With prices this low, you're guaranteed to clean up every time you order!

TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is all about saving you more money as spring rolls on into summer.

Here's the Deal:

We have very limited quantities of these items--we're talking about a handful of each in our inventory. So if you see something you like, be sure to claim your Spring Cleaning spoils as soon as possible before they go to someone else!

SEE ALL SPRING CLEANING DEALS

Enjoy fellow CAGs, and as always feel free to ask questions here and I'll try and stay on top of any new developments.

Cheers,

Andrew@TFAW

I made 2 orders on May 24th - the second was shipped, but not the first one. So who knows what order they're fulfilling them in.

[quote name='crumrin114']I made 2 orders on May 24th - the second was shipped, but not the first one. So who knows what order they're fulfilling them in.[/QUOTE]

My first was like 3:20 am Eastern, I hope they fill it soon.

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in real quick and chime in on the shipping.

Orders are taking a little longer than usual. Please accept our sincere apologies, the sheer volume of orders (particularly on the weekend of the 24th) combined with the holiday, delivered a resounding one-two punch to our shipping department. And if you can believe it they refuse to work 24 hours a day! Despite my generous offer to provide them with semi-clean water and the occasional loaf of moldy bread. Ingrates! ;)

Rest assured that we've been running extra shifts to catch up and it looks like we should shortly have everything out the door. Again, we apologize profusely and can only hope that the sheer volume of awesome, super discounted swag that is soon to find its way to you, will turn those frowns back to smiles. :D

And in regard to the out of order stuff, keep in mind that we're pulling from four warehouse locations, consolidating it in one location, then sending it to all the corners of the world. Sometimes the necessary ingredients for one person's order show up ahead of someone who had ordered previously. Or it just so happens that the items for Order 2 are on hand while items for Order 1 must be consolidated. We'll send them on out as soon as they're available, but rest assured it will all be coming.

I hope this clears a few things up and thank you thricely for your patience and support. We love throwing these sorts of huge sales and hope you enjoy all of your stuff.

Cheers!

Andrew@TFAW

[quote name='ANGURA']Hi all,

Orders are taking a little longer than usual. Please accept our sincere apologies, the sheer volume of orders (particularly on the weekend of the 24th) combined with the holiday, delivered a resounding one-two punch to our shipping department. And if you can believe it they refuse to work 24 hours a day! Despite my generous offer to provide them with semi-clean water and the occasional loaf of moldy bread. Ingrates! ;)

Rest assured that we've been running extra shifts to catch up and it looks like we should shortly have everything out the door. Again, we apologize profusely and can only hope that the sheer volume of awesome, super discounted swag that is soon to find its way to you, will turn those frowns back to smiles. :D

And in regard to the out of order stuff, keep in mind that we're pulling from four warehouse locations, consolidating it in one location, then sending it to all the corners of the world. Sometimes the necessary ingredients for one person's order show up ahead of someone who had ordered previously. Or it just so happens that the items for Order 2 are on hand while items for Order 1 must be consolidated. We'll send them on out as soon as they're available, but rest assured it will all be coming.

I hope this clears a few things up and thank you thricely for your patience and support. We love throwing these sorts of huge sales and hope you enjoy all of your stuff.

Cheers!

Andrew@TFAW[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say thank you to you for all the updates/info/customer service youve provided in this thread. I found out about this sale from this thread and placed my first order with TFAW the first day of 80% off. Definitely a great sale, and im really looking forward to the next big sale you guys have, be sure to keep us updated here. Thanks again for all you've provided in this thread.

Just wanted to say that I got my order today, placed during the 70% off week, and am very impressed with the condition of the books I received. While all the books ordered were classified as "nick and dent" every one of the 12 TPB's I ordered arrived in fantastic condition. They are actually all in better condition than most "new" TPB's I get from Amazon.

[quote name='GoBamaGo!']I just wanted to say thank you to you for all the updates/info/customer service youve provided in this thread. I found out about this sale from this thread and placed my first order with TFAW the first day of 80% off. Definitely a great sale, and im really looking forward to the next big sale you guys have, be sure to keep us updated here. Thanks again for all you've provided in this thread.[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome! Thanks for the kind words and for giving us a shot, I hope you enjoy your swag.

Cheers!

Both my order I placed last week have shipped. I just re-looked at my 2nd order. Good God!!!! What savings. 25 items for $80!

[quote name='namtrahj'] The one big problem I did have was that instead of the Young Avengers hardcover they sent me the tpb. I contacted customer service through the website yesterday afternoon and asked for an email reply but haven't heard anything yet. [/QUOTE]

So, just to update this, I did hear from customer service on Monday. By Thursday I had the Young Avengers hc in my hands and it was even brand-new and shrinkwrapped. The customer service guy couldn't have been nicer, so good job TFAW. You have yourselves a brand-new loyal customer.

I did go ahead and place a last minute order Sunday afternoon:

300 HC - nick & dent $6.00
Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 5: Unintended Consequences - nick & dent $2.59
Essential Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 5 - nick & dent $2.99
Essential Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 6 - nick & dent $3.39
Hard Boiled TPB - nick & dent $3.39
Hedge Knight TPB - nick & dent $2.99
Moon Knight TPB Vol 1 The Bottom - nick & dent $2.99
Ms. Marvel TPB Vol 1 - Best Of The Best - nick & dent $2.99
Storm Premiere HC Variant - nick & dent $3.99
Young Avengers HC Vol. 2: Family Matters - nick & dent $4.59
Moon Knight HC Vol. 2 - Midnight Sun - nick & dent $3.99
Aliens: Book One TPB $2.79
Spider-Man The Other - Evolve Or Die TPB - nick & dent $4.99
Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure TPB - nick & dent $2.79
Spider-Man: Doctor Octopus - Year One TPB - nick & dent $2.79
Spider-Man: Revenge of the Green Goblin TPB - nick & dent $3.39
Spider-Man: Vs. Silver Sable TPB Vol. 1 - nick & dent $3.19
Subtotal: $59.84
Shipping: Free
Total: $59.84

I mean, these are trades for the price of single issues. Awesome.

[quote name='ANGURA']Hi all,

Cheers!

Andrew@TFAW[/QUOTE]

wonderful support and thanks!

My order came in today... able to oogle over everything.

dropped an easy $100 and can't wait till the next sale!

[quote name='Grico']Sigh, still no shipping confirmation on my Sunday May 24th order. Come up on 2 weeks...[/QUOTE]

Hey Grico,

Send me a Private Message with the name on your account, and I'll look into it personally on Monday. To my knowledge all orders were shipped out from that time period, so let me look into what's going on for you.

Cheers!

[quote name='Grico']Sigh, still no shipping confirmation on my Sunday May 24th order. Come up on 2 weeks...[/QUOTE]

My May 24th order should arrive at my house in NY as per UPS tracking on Monday June 8th. Can't wait .................

My order came today, I got the Vampire Hunter D art book(The Amano one, same guy that does tons of the Final Fantasy art.). The book had to way like 8 pounds by itself, its beautiful.

Got my 80% off nick & dent order today. Very impressed. I could hardly find a nick or dent on any of the TPBs I purchased. I've had far worse experiences with Buy.com buying brand new graphic novels. TFAW has definitely earned my return business.

Angura, I think i speak for everyone when i say you're our new best friend. When/how often can we expect these types of sales? And you've made a bunch of loyal customers, so congrats!

I'll definitely agree with this, I got my order today, and all my 'nick and dent' items were in great shape, really couldn't find any flaws at all. I'm really impressed with the quality of the 'nick and dent' items, and the great prices from the sale. TFAW will definitely get more of my business in the future.

[quote name='rerun']Angura, I think i speak for everyone when i say you're our new best friend. When/how often can we expect these types of sales? And you've made a bunch of loyal customers, so congrats![/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad I've made so many new friends here, because I've pretty much irked all the ones at work... particularly in the shipping department. ;) In all seriousness though, it took a lot of hard work from a bunch of dedicated people to make this happen, and I'm grateful to say "You're welcome." on behalf of the best team of co-workers out there (IMHO).

You can expect sales from us all the time - we've got some great micro sales lined up for you later in the month. As far as these big honkin' sales go, I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure how often we'll do them. Definitely once a year, and with any luck more often. Rest assured I'll keep everyone updated here.

Again, a huge thank you to everyone for checking us out AND for your patience with the shipping delay. I know that's a pain in the neck, and we're already figuring out ways to minimize those delays in the future. Have a great week and enjoy the sun... that is, if you decide to take a break from all your comic reading. :D

Cheers!

Got my orders today. Sweet Christmas! Everything was in outstanding shape. Maybe a corner on my 300 book if i'm being picky. Outstanding service and your shipping issues were understood. Considering my savings, it could have took another week :)

I didn't get a chance to chime in 'cause I've been out of the country. (I was teaching English in Tibet, and didn't have electricity out there, let alone internet access.) Just wanted to say thanks again for the great customer service! I was sent a brand new copy of Concrete Vol. 3--no explanation necessary on my part--with no need to send back the damaged copy. Getting FCBD freebies in the box was a nice touch, too! TFAW and ANGURA/Andrew, your service has gone beyond my expectations (especially for the prices I pay for your goods). Thanks again!

[quote name='Shimoto']Should I be worried that my third order came in sooner than my second order (which I placed 3 or 4 days before)?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too worried, it probably means that your 2nd order has an item that is proving difficult to locate. I'd contact Customer Service at:

[email protected]

and follow up with them. They should be able to get to the bottom of things and get you taken care of.

Cheers!

Ok, real quick, two things.

1. Rapsodist - Glad they got you your stuff and welcome back from Tibet! That's awesome man.

2. Look for a new post tomorrow right here on the C to the AG with a sweet new deal we cooked up. I'll only say that it features something we've had a lot of requests about. That is all......

Cheers!

[quote name='ANGURA']
2. Look for a new post tomorrow right here on the C to the AG with a sweet new deal we cooked up. I'll only say that it features something we've had a lot of requests about. That is all......

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Is it free comics? All I can afford now is free comics.

According to UPS my books are on the truck and heading to me. :D

Now I'll be stuck lurking this forum all day after already spending $200+ during Spring Cleaning :whistle2:#

[quote name='ANGURA']Ok, real quick, two things.

1. Rapsodist - Glad they got you your stuff and welcome back from Tibet! That's awesome man.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Cheers![/QUOTE]

My credit card gently weeps.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Man, let me at least get my 15 books I ordered from the 80% sale before I spend more. Damn you!

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Every collection i want on sale for 90% off with free shipping. You shouldnt have.:roll:

My 80% discount order arrived today. Everything was in great shape except for the nick and dent version of 300. The spine was broken and pages were starting to pull away. I contacted customer service this morning and received a response this afternoon. They're sending me another copy of 300. With service like this, TFAW has found themselves a lifelong customer. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the marvel encyclopedia and it's messed up!

the xmen/spiderman section is repeated. .... where Blackwidow should be, I've got half of spiderman/and all of xmen repeated.... where it's suppose to be page 60, I've got 161.

:{

so it was a nick and dent but... shouldn't this be responsible from the publisher?

I wouldn't think nick/dent would be paper bind errors....

[quote name='xycury']I got the marvel encyclopedia and it's messed up!

the xmen/spiderman section is repeated. .... where Blackwidow should be, I've got half of spiderman/and all of xmen repeated.... where it's suppose to be page 60, I've got 161.

:{

so it was a nick and dent but... shouldn't this be responsible from the publisher?

I wouldn't think nick/dent would be paper bind errors....[/QUOTE]

1. Yes. That's a publisher error. Bad Marvel, Bad! :D But even the best of us make mistakes and, for the record, Marvel has a really really low error rate. For reals. They've got their act on lock.

2. Get a hold of service in the morning. If we have a correct page order replacement we'll swap you out... if we don't we'll give you a refund. No problem.

Cheers!

- Andrew@TFAW

[quote name='ANGURA']1. Yes. That's a publisher error. Bad Marvel, Bad! :D But even the best of us make mistakes and, for the record, Marvel has a really really low error rate. For reals. They've got their act on lock.

2. Get a hold of service in the morning. If we have a correct page order replacement we'll swap you out... if we don't we'll give you a refund. No problem.

Cheers!

- Andrew@TFAW[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support! This gives me hope!

I got everything today, the nick and dents looked brand new! This was my first time ordering from you guys and I will order again.
now for a concern, even though I got the free shipping(thanks) I wish I could have been allowed to pay a dollar just to have a usps delivery confirmation tracking number on it, my main reason is I live in a condo complex and my mailman(a-hole) just rings the buzzer and throws the package in the hall. If I wasn`t home today(which I hardly am), it could have been stolen, I wouldn`t have even known it had been delivered if I wasn`t home. I would hope you would offer a usps tracking number in the future as it is not expensive(under $1). other than that it was great service and I highly recommend. once again thanks for great service.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strawberryman80']I got everything today, the nick and dents looked brand new! This was my first time ordering from you guys and I will order again.
now for a concern, even though I got the free shipping(thanks) I wish I could have been allowed to pay a dollar just to have a usps delivery confirmation tracking number on it, my main reason is I live in a condo complex and my mailman(a-hole) just rings the buzzer and throws the package in the hall. If I wasn`t home today(which I hardly am), it could have been stolen, I wouldn`t have even known it had been delivered if I wasn`t home. I would hope you would offer a usps tracking number in the future as it is not expensive(under $1). other than that it was great service and I highly recommend. once again thanks for great service.[/QUOTE]

That is a great suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what we need to do to deserve your business. I'm going to make sure this gets to our Shipping and Service Managers and see what they can do to make it happen. Thanks!

[quote name='ANGURA']That is a great suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what we need to do to deserve your business. I'm going to make sure this gets to our Shipping and Service Managers and see what they can do to make it happen. Thanks![/QUOTE]
thanks

[quote name='xycury']Thanks for the support! This gives me hope![/QUOTE]

success!

Looks like they are going to replace the book. first email said they weren't responsible, going to pull the rest of the inventory, refund the teeny amount I paid for it, but then a half hour later, they found one!

Shipping soon and it'll be great to replace it. Finally read those missing pages.

TFAW wins my vote!

Hope to see a Fall cleaning too! ;)

finally my order arrived, everything was in almost non nick and dent condition, but I have one problem, I ordered young avengers 1 and 2 as hardcovers but I received paperbacks instead should I email them about this?

[quote name='mikemb402']finally my order arrived, everything was in almost non nick and dent condition, but I have one problem, I ordered young avengers 1 and 2 as hardcovers but I received paperbacks instead should I email them about this?[/QUOTE]

Yep! Doublecheck your invoice just to be sure. But if it says hardcovers and you have TPBs, that's an error that should be fixed.

Received my shipment this past Tuesday and today I finally have the time to actually to appreciate the order .. all I have to say is WOW!! Just freaking WOW!! Nick and dent on the books I order? Where?! Cause I just dont see it. ^_^

TFAW, I will come to you 1st for my comics and graphic novels needs. ^_^

I received both my orders in the last few days and everything is in great condition. The only thing that was even remotely nick & dent was Elektra: The Scorpio Key which has some light wear on the cover. I'm very impressed.

Apparently Nick & Dent are two guys who take exceptional care of their books. Everything I ordered was in great shape! Shipping did take a little while but it was free and worth the wait. The free comic book day comics were a nice touch even though I had them already. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

With my order a couple of the nick & dents looked like they where read the spine was creased. 2 of the hard covers where still factory sealed.

bread's done
Back