50-80% Off Comics, Toys, and More. TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is On!

ANGURA

CAGiversary!
**Standard Disclosure: Howdy all. I like saving money. I love it when CAGs tip me off to deals. I work at TFAW. So when I hear of deals I share them here. But it would be unethical not to point out that I do work here. Carry on!**

Hey all,

Some of you may remember our Summer Steals sale last year where we took thousands of items and progressively discounted them over the course of the month. In essence, they started at 40% off and each week we took off another 10% until they were all at 80% off. Well...

It's back.

Spring cleaning is going to rock this May! We're offering huge progressive discounts on a ton of great pop culture collectibles. This time around we're starting at 50% off on everything in the sale, taking another 10% off every week, and randomly throwing new items into the sale over its entirety. With prices this low, you're guaranteed to clean up every time you order!

TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is all about saving you more money as spring rolls on into summer.

Here's the Deal:

We have very limited quantities of these items--we're talking about a handful of each in our inventory. So if you see something you like, be sure to claim your Spring Cleaning spoils as soon as possible before they go to someone else!

SEE ALL SPRING CLEANING DEALS

Enjoy fellow CAGs, and as always feel free to ask questions here and I'll try and stay on top of any new developments.

Cheers,

Andrew@TFAW

[quote name='neocisco']Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and give them your birthdate. I got $5 off my next order for my birthday today. I just wish I could have gotten it a couple of days ago before placing my order. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Not to worry! We'll be sure to have more great stuff for you to make that code worthwhile!

And thanks for signing up for the newsletter. We actually offer a lot of exclusive coupons, codes, discounts, first looks, etc. there - so I don't think you'll regret it. :D

I'm stoked to see how much all of my fellow CAGs are digging this sale. I LOVE checking out what people scored... it's the OCD collector in me shining through. Thanks to you all and enjoy the next week of severely discounted comic awesome.

Cheers!

[quote name='Shimoto']Soon, those 13 things will be 8 things. Then, those 8 will be 4. I hope you get that paycheck soon.[/QUOTE]

I know. I know. I know! 2 days. So far so good. Things have been in my cart for while now.

Picked up my first box from the post office today. My only complaint is that I obviously ordered too much-- a box full of books is awfully heavy to carry, even for just a couple of blocks! :lol: Now I've just got to decide what to read first. Hmm... Iron Man or Fantastic Four? Or just dive into the Free Comic Book Day issues included with my order? It's my favorite sort of dilemma.

so far I've gotten both my orders... waiting on the third. they ship slow, but it's fine. It's a nice surprise.

I wonder if I'll put in another order.... hope they add 1000+ more :D

Waiting for me when I got home from work was my 70% off order,

30 Days of Night TPB Vol 1 $5.39
Black Panther Civil War TPB $5.39
Civil War Script Book TPB $7.49
Civil War Young Avengers & Runaways TPB $3.59
Civil War TPB - Fantastic Four $5.39
Civil War TPB - Thunderbolts $4.19
Civil War TPB $7.49
Civil War TPB - Front Line Book 1 $4.49
Essential Tales Of Zombie TPB vol 1 $5.09
Iron Man TPB - Enter The Mandarin $4.49
Ms Marvel TPB Vol 2 - Civil War $4.49
New Avengers TPB Vol. 1: Breakout $4.49
New Avengers TPB Vol. 5: Civil War $4.49
Zombies Eclipse Of The Undead TPB $5.99
Zombie TPB $4.19
Blade: The Vampire Slayer - Black and White TPB $4.79
Secret Invasion TPB - The Infiltration $5.99
Thunderbolts TPB - The Guardian Protocols $3.29
Thunderbolts: Justice, Like Lightning... TPB $5.98
Thunderbolts Presents TPB - Zemo Born Better $3.29
Wolverine Classic TPB Vol. 1 $3.89
Avengers Initiative TPB Vol. 1 - Basic Training $4.49
Iron Man TPB - The Many Armors Of Iron Man $7.49
Spider-Man The Birth Of Venom TPB $8.99
Iron Man War Machine TPB $8.99
Spider Man: Back In Black TPB $7.49
Iron Man TPB - Haunted $8.09

Subtotal: $149.42
Shipping: Free
Total: $149.42

All non-nick & dents, everything arrived in great condition except for one book. They threw in some comics from Free Comic Book day.

It's like graphic novel Christmas morning right now! :D

Just got my order. Man even the nick and dent was impressively un-nicked and un-dented - almost like new. Not to mention I got 3 bonus comics. Funny cause I spaced on free comic book day so I guess TFAW is giving them out. Yipee!

...also...glad you guys have Spiegelman's Maus...added to cart!

Oooh, I'd love to get FCBD Blackest Night in my order. I missed out on that one.

ANGURA, just curious, do the TFAW stores carry Comic Shop News?

Well, I got my 70% off order, most of which consisted of nick and dent items. I'm happy to report that all of the books are in excellent condition. The only one that has any noticeable damage has a couple of pages with the corners torn off. Nothing serious at all and perfectly readable. Everything else looks no different than if I went to my local comic book store and bought it off the shelf.

This was a fantastic sale. I can't wait to receive my order from the 80% off sale. :)

Just bought a bunch yesterday. Glad to hear that nick and dent means it's still in pretty good shape.

Just got my stuff today from the 70% off week. The 2 nick and dent things were in excellent shape and in a plastic sleeve. I couldn't tell the difference between them and the new items I got. Well my 80% order hasn't shipped yet and most of those are nick and dents so I hope they will be just as good. Oh and I got 2 free comics !!! woohoo!!!!

[quote name='MrBrando']Wow! only took me 4[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have the advantage of being on the same coast as them. Definitely takes some time for us east coasters to get our orders, but well worth it. Looks like the 80% off orders will take a bit longer since they haven't shipped yet, or at least mine hasn't. Understandable, I'm sure they're slammed with orders.

yep, all of mine have but around 10 days... Centeral here.

I'm still praying 1000+ more items added, and maybe 85 or 90!

My first order (1 item), when things were at 70% off, it took 2 days to process and ship out and then 6 days (including holiday) to get to Atl, GA. with free shipping.

My 2nd order(5 items), placed on the 24th still says pending and my card already charged full amount. I'm guessing they're probably slammed with numerous large orders, but I'll probably give them a call later to find out when my order will ship.

[quote name='xycury']yep, all of mine have but around 10 days... Centeral here.

I'm still praying 1000+ more items added, and maybe 85 or 90![/QUOTE]

I'd love for them to add more stuff, but my wallet, she can't take the hit. I just made another order the other day. It's too hard to resist.

[quote name='GuitarMan']My first order (1 item), when things were at 70% off, it took 2 days to process and ship out and then 6 days (including holiday) to get to Atl, GA. with free shipping.

My 2nd order(5 items), placed on the 24th still says pending and my card already charged full amount. I'm guessing they're probably slammed with numerous large orders, but I'll probably give them a call later to find out when my order will ship.[/QUOTE]

Same here, Im in ATL as well.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Waiting for me when I got home from work was my 70% off order,

30 Days of Night TPB Vol 1 $5.39
Black Panther Civil War TPB $5.39
Civil War Script Book TPB $7.49
Civil War Young Avengers & Runaways TPB $3.59
Civil War TPB - Fantastic Four $5.39
Civil War TPB - Thunderbolts $4.19
Civil War TPB $7.49
Civil War TPB - Front Line Book 1 $4.49
Essential Tales Of Zombie TPB vol 1 $5.09
Iron Man TPB - Enter The Mandarin $4.49
Ms Marvel TPB Vol 2 - Civil War $4.49
New Avengers TPB Vol. 1: Breakout $4.49
New Avengers TPB Vol. 5: Civil War $4.49
Zombies Eclipse Of The Undead TPB $5.99
Zombie TPB $4.19
Blade: The Vampire Slayer - Black and White TPB $4.79
Secret Invasion TPB - The Infiltration $5.99
Thunderbolts TPB - The Guardian Protocols $3.29
Thunderbolts: Justice, Like Lightning... TPB $5.98
Thunderbolts Presents TPB - Zemo Born Better $3.29
Wolverine Classic TPB Vol. 1 $3.89
Avengers Initiative TPB Vol. 1 - Basic Training $4.49
Iron Man TPB - The Many Armors Of Iron Man $7.49
Spider-Man The Birth Of Venom TPB $8.99
Iron Man War Machine TPB $8.99
Spider Man: Back In Black TPB $7.49
Iron Man TPB - Haunted $8.09

Subtotal: $149.42
Shipping: Free
Total: $149.42

All non-nick & dents, everything arrived in great condition except for one book. They threw in some comics from Free Comic Book day.

It's like graphic novel Christmas morning right now! :D[/QUOTE]

And to note, while unfortunate that they didn't have another one in stock (to be expected with the sale) they did credit the damaged book.

TFAW is the #1 place to order books & comics on the internet.

Now i'm anxiously awaiting my order from when it hit 80%. :applause:

Got my first-ever TFAW order yesterday from the 70% sale:

Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 1: Coming Home - nick & dent $4.78
Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 2: Revelations - nick & dent $2.69
Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 3: Until The Stars Turn Cold - nick & dent $3.89
Essential Captain America TPB Vol. 2 - nick & dent $4.48
Essential Daredevil TPB Vol. 3 $5.09
Essential Fantastic Four TPB Vol 5 - nick & dent $5.09
Young Avengers HC Vol. 1: Sidekicks - nick & dent $5.99

Everything was in good shape with the exception of one of the Spidey nick & dents which was pretty beat up, but no big deal. The one big problem I did have was that instead of the Young Avengers hardcover they sent me the tpb. I contacted customer service through the website yesterday afternoon and asked for an email reply but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone know if there's any chance I'll hear something this weekend or is customer service strictly a M-F thing? I wanted to place a larger last-minute 80% off order but I want to wait to find something out so I know if I should go ahead and re-order the hardcover since I think it's still available.

Did one last second order before the 80% wears off. 20 TPBs for $46. Ordered some Aliens comics to check em out, and the Ultimate X-Men collections among others.

Good deal overall.

[quote name='WzNtHa']which one of your spiderman comics was beat up? was it the "Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 1: Coming Home"? cause mine was pretty beat up, looked all worn out.[/QUOTE]

No, it was Vol. 2 for me. Vol. 1 has some definite wear but not that bad. "All worn out" is a pretty good way to describe my Vol. 2, though, with a gash across the spine.

[quote name='Shimoto']Has anyone that ordered during the first 80% off day had their items ship yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered that Sunday at 3:00am and mine hasn't shipped yet. It's really starting to be awhile.

[quote name='Shimoto']Has anyone that ordered during the first 80% off day had their items ship yet?[/QUOTE]

Ordered ~7am Sunday(24th), my order hasn't shipped, still says pending and my card was charged the full amount.
I did give them a call Friday(29th) afternoon and they said that their processing time is usually 2-5 business days but because Monday(25th) was a holiday and the amount of orders they've received because of the sale, it might take a bit longer to process than usual.

Mine hasn't shipped, and I ordered that Sunday as well.
I understand why it would take a while, I just wish they hadn't charged my credit card until they're ready to ship my order.

I think mine shipped on Friday... but I didn't have a whole lot.

Shipping would have been about $24 though.... yikes.

My first order came this weekend and everything was great! Only one box was a little dinged up, but for $2-3 for it i can't complain. They also threw in some free comic book day books. Nice!

Just got the shipping notification for my massive May 24th 3AM order. As a nice bonus, it's coming UPS even though I opted for the free shipping. UPS must be more cost effective, given the weight!

Mine shipped too, UPS. Can't wait.

More into the alt comics than superhero stuff, my haul:

1 American Virgin #18
1 DHorse Deluxe Journal: Brom - nick & dent
1 DHorse Deluxe Journal: Krazy Kat - nick & dent
1 Eno and Plum TPB - nick & dent
1 Flat Shipping Coupon(CAGCOUP)
1 Gama-Go: Deathbot Wrist Band
1 Gama-Go: Ninja Kitty Wrist Band
1 Land of Nod - Rockabye Book TPB - nick & dent
1 Man with the Screaming Brain t-shirt (M)
1 Man with the Screaming Brain TPB - nick & dent
1 Marville TPB - nick & dent
1 Reading Comics And What They Mean SC - nick & dent
1 Scary Girl Wrist Band: Scary Girl
1 Scary Girl Wrist Band: Toy Cat
1 Too Much Coffee Man #1 Sticker (Black with Skull mug)
1 Too Much Coffee Man #2 Sticker (LOVE)
1 Too Much Coffee Man's Parade of Tirade TPB - nick & dent
1 Translucent Volume 1 - nick & dent
1 Ultimate Spider-Man TPB Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility Platinum Edition - nick & dent
1 X-Men TPB: Phoenix Endsong - nick & dent
1 X-Men TPB: The Dark Phoenix Saga - nick & dent

My order shipped last night, too. Hopefully I got enough stuff to last me until their next big sale. ;)

[quote name='georox']I just *really* hope my stuff comes by Friday...[/QUOTE]

me too :(

Mine shipped USPS economy, but on the plus side I live in Cali so who knows. It could happen.

People have had their May 24th orders shipped? I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation for mine yet. That's annoying. I wonder how long UPS would take anyway. USPS was taking about a week.

bread's done
Back