50 cent, "'I'll Quit if Kanye Wins"

I downloaded Graduation and gave it a listen. I liked it and will definately pick it up for $7 when it's available at yourmusic.com. I would say it's probably not as good as the first 2.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Kanye's album cover is pretty awesome though, even if the music contained within is terrible:
51KLKrv2jGL._SS500_.jpg
[/quote]

That was just for the promo. This is the final cover:

tvtokyopokemon.gif

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I actually liked 50s first album.

So who won, anyway?[/QUOTE]

if Kanye wins, we all win. so please be Kanye

Didn't 50 cent get like a gazillian dollars for his vitamin water, and some chump change from tours and his clothing line? If he stops rapping I doubt he'll care because he already took it at all the way to the bank.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Didn't 50 cent get like a gazillian dollars for his vitamin water, and some chump change from tours and his clothing line? If he stops rapping I doubt he'll care because he already took it at all the way to the bank.[/quote]

Coincidentally he has a song on Curtis called "Straight to the Bank"...or something like that.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']So much hating on Graduation. I just got it, and so far, it's a good listen.[/quote]
yes it is pretty good so far i love flashing lights

[quote name='tgk2044']if Kanye wins, we all win. so please be Kanye[/quote]

If either wins, we all lose. :roll: As much as I like hip hop as well as rap, these 2 personify the utter shit that the scene has become.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']yes it is pretty good so far i love flashing lights[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I was on Drunk and Hot Girls, one song before that. I skipped it and went to Flashing Lights, really liking the beat.

The song with Lil Wayne is fucking awful.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Interesting, I was on Drunk and Hot Girls, one song before that. I skipped it and went to Flashing Lights, really liking the beat.

The song with Lil Wayne is fucking awful.[/quote]

I gave it a dowload as well, I fucking hate Drunk and Hot Girls but like Barry Bonds (the one with Lil Wayne, who I agree ruins a bit of that song)

Graduation is great, besides stronger and the one with lil wayne its pretty sweet.
If you dont like graduation you probably dont like rap

[quote name='CYRiX']Graduation is great, besides stronger and the one with lil wayne its pretty sweet.
If you dont like graduation you probably dont like rap[/QUOTE]LOL

[quote name='CYRiX']Graduation is great, besides stronger and the one with lil wayne its pretty sweet.
If you dont like graduation you probably dont like rap[/QUOTE]
You're young. You'll wisen up.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Interesting, I was on Drunk and Hot Girls, one song before that. I skipped it and went to Flashing Lights, really liking the beat.

The song with Lil Wayne is fucking awful.[/quote]
its ok by far not the best song on the album.
What did u think of champion?
I think it has the illest line "lauryn hill said her heart was in zion, I wish her heart was still in rhyming":rofl:

If you dont like graduation you probably dont like rap[/quote]

:dunce: HURRRRRRR

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']its ok by far not the best song on the album.
What did u think of champion?
I think it has the illest line "lauryn hill said her heart was in zion, I wish her heart was still in rhyming":rofl:[/QUOTE]

Champion's tight. I basically like every song except Homecoming (its ok) and Barry Bonds (it sucks)

since it's a Kanye thread I feel like I wanna post this for no reason:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-049z1yK4[/media]

such a fun song!!

too bad I havent heard either 50 or Kanye yet... I'd rather me listen to sum CHAMILLIONAIRE!

After briefly listening to both albums, I cannot stand Kanye West....I guess I just don't think his voice is that great. I got annoyed with a majority of the songs. I suppose I like old school rap better...and this new stuff is not really on my radar. But I thought 50's was a bit better.

I doubt that bit about him having Interscope buy 300,000 copies is true, but I hope it is, for his sake.

It's only been two days, though. Curtis is #1 on iTunes, if that means anything. And even if his first week sales happen to be lower than Kanye's, the album will still sell more than Graduation.

[quote name='jaykrue']If either wins, we all lose. :roll: As much as I like hip hop as well as rap, these 2 personify the utter shit that the scene has become.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I thought I was the only one. I guess I'm just getting old, but almost every time I hear a current rap artist I'm bored or turned off by it. The vocals sound sloppy to me.

In my teenage years I really dug Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, Big Daddy Kane, Run DMC, etc. They were articulate and the vocal patterns and timing seemed so much tighter with the music than a lot of the new stars of the genre.

There's some decent under-the-radar stuff, but the mainstream rap just isn't doing it for me these days.

[quote name='willardhaven']Old music is not better, it's actually all bad.[/QUOTE]
What?

so there's a track called "Barry Bonds" and Lil Wayne's on it? sounds like a winner.

[quote name='ph33r m3']People are sleeping on "I Wonder", sickest track IMO.[/QUOTE]
It's the only good track because it has a nice beat.

Flows are weak.

[quote name='Apossum']so there's a track called "Barry Bonds" and Lil Wayne's on it? sounds like a winner.[/QUOTE]
no, actually not. IMO, it's the 2nd worst track on the album. I still listen, but it doesn't mean it's good. Mostly because Lil Wayne spits a WACK verse on it

While I was mostly joking, people (especially rap fans) seem to view "older" music from a highly skewed perspective.

But in the spirit of 50 cent, this thread needs more shooting from the hip.

[quote name='zewone']It's the only good track because it has a nice beat.

Flows are weak.[/quote]

More than any other, the flows on that track just bring it down to such a low level. I listened to the album on Youtube last night (some guy out up the album in 6 parts) and I pretty much agree with everbody else. It's OK.

Also, what was IGN thinking by making Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls 1 and 2 on the definitely download list. I can't even believe Drunk and Hot Girls even made the cut. Flashing Lights is probably the sickest track.

bread's done
Back