50 cent, "'I'll Quit if Kanye Wins"

Just to clear things up, I heard Daft Punks music before Kanye, but I didn't know their name, so I was limited to One More Time and Around the World.

Common? I didn't hear of him until about 3 years back.

"Quit" gets thrown around too much in the music business and it almost never sticks. Even death doesn't stop half of them from releasing new music...

[quote name='ReaperZER0']"Quit" gets thrown around too much in the music business and it almost never sticks. Even death doesn't stop half of them from releasing new music...[/QUOTE]

That's because people like to whore out dead artist's legacies.

And Eardrum and The Scenic Route, like zew and liquid said, are miles ahead of Kanye, 50 and, sadly, Common.

Although El-P's I'll Sleep When You're Dead is still my favorite for 2007 so far.

I like Talib as much as the next guy but Eardrum was fucking weak compared to Beautiful Struggle. It was especially weak compared to College Dropout or even Late Registration. The Kanye hate is a bit out of control. Sure, he's done some dumb shit like the Rolling Stone Jesus cover and the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" but both of his albums were fucking sick.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I like Talib as much as the next guy but Eardrum was fucking weak compared to Beautiful Struggle. It was especially weak compared to College Dropout or even Late Registration. The Kanye hate is a bit out of control. Sure, he's done some dumb shit like the Rolling Stone Jesus cover and the "George Bush doesn't care about black people" but both of his albums were fucking sick.[/QUOTE]
You must have missed his new singles.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Call me a Kanye fanboy, but I like both of them.[/QUOTE]
Fanboy.

I loved both of his albums, but his new shit and his recent guest appearances (as much as it pains me to say) have been garbage.

[quote name='zewone']I loved both of his albums, but his new shit and his recent guest appearances (as much as it pains me to say) have been garbage.[/QUOTE]I'm with zew on this. I'll still listen to Graduation, but I'm not looking forward to it nearly as much as I did the first two.
Hopefully he'll surprise us.

I wanna get that Pinesol bitch, who broke X's jaw, to rebreak Kanye's jaw.

[quote name='CAG 79']Well there is no doubt in my mind that Graduation will be better than Curtis.[/quote]

Quality has nothing to do with sales though.

Meh.

Buy Cassidy's new CD. B.A.R.S. (The Barry Adrien Reese Story) on Sept 18th and support rappers with actual skill, not MTV sluts like these 2. Whoa.

[quote name='souNReAL']Meh.

Buy Cassidy's new CD. B.A.R.S. (The Barry Adrien Reese Story) on Sept 18th and support rappers with actual skill, not MTV sluts like these 2. Whoa.[/quote]
I thought that guy was in jail?

EDIT: Just checked wikipedia, he got out after serving 8 months.

screw 50 cent...I like Kanye but Stronger has me hesistant....it's not horrible, but that is probably not a song i'd put out as my first single from a new cd unless the cd isn't that good...but his last two cds were pretty dan good..50 cent on the other hand...his first cd was good..50's second album was pretty boring...

Buy Cassidy's new CD. B.A.R.S. (The Barry Adrien Reese Story) on Sept 18th and support rappers with actual skill, not MTV sluts like these 2. Whoa.[/quote] It got pushed back to oct. I will be buying it though. Cass has been killing it lately

Buy Cassidy's new CD. B.A.R.S. (The Barry Adrien Reese Story) on Sept 18th and support rappers with actual skill, not MTV sluts like these 2. Whoa.[/QUOTE]
Cassidy has skill? News to me..

Pharoah Monch's album is AOTY.

Kanye realize's what he's done, "Can't Tell Me Nothing" & "Stronger" are commercial flops, he even admitted it on B.E.T.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Common's new album was weak, "Be" was better but I wouldn't say that stands up to "Like Water for Chocolate". The only reason people are pumping Common is because of the Kanye connection.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']"Quit" gets thrown around too much in the music business and it almost never sticks. Even death doesn't stop half of them from releasing new music...[/QUOTE]

But he would have so much time to spend with retirees like that Jay-Z fella. I want to see Kanye win just so I can see spare change break his word

this just goes to show how far 50 has gotten from his gangsta roots. This sounds like something a little kid would say while pouting and running up the stairs.

I like Kanye better just because his stuff is at least more conscientious, even if it has gone to his head.

[quote name='mpj31']Dont purchase either of them. Go get ultimate victory september 18th. Chamillitary Mayne.[/QUOTE]
?

I would much rather 50 Cent was still about than Kanye West.

At least 50 Cent's laughably silly. Kanye West is just a complete and utter cunt.

50 will buy a bunch of his own albums to make sure hes atleast just over kayne record labels have been caught doing this practice over the years.

50 Cent can't release an album without creating his own hype about his shit, and yes, I mean that literally. 50 lost his hunger after Get Rich or Die Tryin' dropped and most people know that. He's all sing-songy now with his flow and it sounds so lame and so contrived that it hurts to know people still buy into it.

Kanye on the other hand creates the controversy after the album drops and always makes himself look like an idiot. He's definitely lost his hunger with Graduation if these two singles are any indication. The only hot beat I've heard from him lately is the "In the Mood" off Talib's Ear Drum. Also, all he's doing is biting J Dilla's style, which is annoying, but who better to copy?

Anyway, this whole thread is just sad, my posts included.

Kanye is one of the best rappers out, if you dont like hip hop, keep listening to your mainstream and keep leaning like a cholo with your white tees on

50 is garbage, i hope he quits, but with his super catchy choruses and club beats, who gives a fuck, millions are gonna buy his album full of elementary rhymes

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Kanye is one of the best rappers out, if you dont like hip hop, keep listening to your mainstream and keep leaning like a cholo with your white tees on

50 is garbage, i hope he quits, but with his super catchy choruses and club beats, who gives a fuck, millions are gonna buy his album full of elementary rhymes[/QUOTE]

Ignore list +1, nigga.

[quote name='evanft']Talib Kweli stopped being worthwhile after Quality came out.[/QUOTE]

The Beautiful Struggle wasn't great, but Ear Drum is definitely some good shit.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The Beautiful Struggle wasn't great, but Ear Drum is definitely some good shit.[/QUOTE]

Ehhhh... artistic decline always make me wary.

[quote name='evanft']Ehhhh... artistic decline always make me wary.[/QUOTE]

Understood.

Also, his album with Madlib was pretty damn good.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Understood.

Also, his album with Madlib was pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]
So was the Blacksmith mixtape.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know it's old. There is just so much "attention whore" crap in American music though. It doens't matter if it is Kanye or Madonna.[/quote]

You just named two of the biggest 4 attention whores in music. kooky how that works, huh?

bread's done
Back