50 cent, "'I'll Quit if Kanye Wins"

[quote name='zewone']It's the only good track because it has a nice beat.

Flows are weak.[/quote]

I like Kanye, but he's never had a "great flow".

Some track's he's done well on our:

Wouldn't You Like to Ride?

Get By (Remix)

[quote name='anomynous']no, actually not. IMO, it's the 2nd worst track on the album. I still listen, but it doesn't mean it's good. Mostly because Lil Wayne spits a WACK verse on it[/QUOTE]

You need to have your sarcasm detector fixed.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']You need to have your sarcasm detector fixed.[/QUOTE]
You need to get that pancake of that Rabbit's head...

you see what I did there?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Kanye's two new songs sound completely different and awful compared to his first albums' songs. I was waiting for him to lose his hunger and apparently, he's now lost it. I used to let the whole megalomaniac thing go because it never hurt his music. Can't say that anymore, though.

Will I buy Graduation? I don't even know. I'm leaning toward no, unless I hear the leak and the rest of the album is completely different than "Stronger" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing," but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]
You obviously don't know good music when you hear it. Kanye's album is pure "Fire". Fitty is whack as hell. I give it to him he is a good business man, but it ends there. There is no way you can compare the two from a lyrical standpoint, a creative standpoint, or an intellectual standpoint. Kanye bests him in all of these. He is clearly the better rapper. Has better content. Every track on the CD is hot! I never bought his other 2, but the girl that worked in a CD World that I went to told me she listened to the entire CD the day of the release and said the whole CD was hot, so I bought it. Listened to the CD the next day and I was very pleased and impressed. Great Album!
The "Ghetto-Thug-Rappers" are a-dime-a dozen. Fitty is just the boss of em all. He can not touch Kanye' PERIOD!

[quote name='primetime']More than any other, the flows on that track just bring it down to such a low level. I listened to the album on Youtube last night (some guy out up the album in 6 parts) and I pretty much agree with everbody else. It's OK.

Also, what was IGN thinking by making Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls 1 and 2 on the definitely download list. I can't even believe Drunk and Hot Girls even made the cut. Flashing Lights is probably the sickest track.[/QUOTE]
I agree, Drunk and Hot Girls is my least favorite and then Barry Bonds. IGN is stupid for picking those. Flashing Lights is a sick track and is rapidly becoming my favorite. But I think his flow is better than Fittys hands down.

[quote name='anomynous']no, actually not. IMO, it's the 2nd worst track on the album. I still listen, but it doesn't mean it's good. Mostly because Lil Wayne spits a WACK verse on it[/QUOTE]
Once again I must agree. That is the worse crap I ever heard in my life. Lil Wayne + Kanye'= SUCK!

So it's official: both Kanye West, 50 Cent, and their new albums suck.

[quote name='ricoraney']I agree, Drunk and Hot Girls is my least favorite and then Barry Bonds. IGN is stupid for picking those. Flashing Lights is a sick track and is rapidly becoming my favorite. But I think his flow is better than Fittys hands down.[/QUOTE]

Roffle @ IGN. Not much for music cred if you ask me.

And yes, Flash Lights is sick. So is The Glory, which has the sickest rhyme:

"So yeah at the Grammies I went ultra Travolta
Yeah that tuxedo mighta been a little guido
But with my ego, I could stand there with a speedo
And be looked at like fuckin hero"

When I heard that, I definitely hit rewind a couple times.

[quote name='Skelah']50 will buy a bunch of his own albums to make sure hes atleast just over kayne record labels have been caught doing this practice over the years.[/quote]

Yup, it's a common practice for record labels purchase their own records to increase radio play and gain better position on charts. It's a shame because most good music doesn't get exposed to the masses because of that.

[quote name='anomynous']You need to get that pancake of that Rabbit's head...

you see what I did there?[/QUOTE]

the pancake is actually superglued on. but I am surprised to hear that the track is the 2nd worst. Worst one must be called "I didn't headline the VMAs, so I'm taking my ball and going home" featuring Vanilla Ice.

[quote name='ricoraney']You obviously don't know good music when you hear it. Kanye's album is pure "Fire". Fitty is whack as hell. I give it to him he is a good business man, but it ends there. There is no way you can compare the two from a lyrical standpoint, a creative standpoint, or an intellectual standpoint. Kanye bests him in all of these. He is clearly the better rapper. Has better content. Every track on the CD is hot! I never bought his other 2, but the girl that worked in a CD World that I went to told me she listened to the entire CD the day of the release and said the whole CD was hot, so I bought it. Listened to the CD the next day and I was very pleased and impressed. Great Album!
The "Ghetto-Thug-Rappers" are a-dime-a dozen. Fitty is just the boss of em all. He can not touch Kanye' PERIOD![/quote]

You know he reviews music as a job right? Granted that doesn't mean he knows everything about music, but he probably knows more about good music than you do. Both albums fucking suck.

best tracks are homecoming, everything i am, big brother
worse ones, barry bonds, drunk and hot gurls

but all in all album tops fifty, looks like 50 is out of the album game
kanye sold more, but i'm guessing Game bought 100,000 copies

Kanye's been involved in a lot more hits than 50 cent.. Look through Jay z's album inserts every hit has K. West... because it was him writing those lyrics for Jay z, and coming up with those beats. 50 cent, needs beats, he can't create his own. That's why if its him vs. K. West, he'll lose everytime...

[quote name='sonicfreak5']im hoping they both quit
R=Retards
A=Attempting
P=Poetry[/QUOTE]
thanks for your highly valued input. remember you cant spell crock of cock with out rock.........

[quote name='sonicfreak5']im hoping they both quit
R=Retards
A=Attempting
P=Poetry[/QUOTE]

Welcome to my ignore list, jackass.

my favorite tracks off the kanye album are graduation, champion, can't tell me nothing, and big brother. I kind of like the newer electronic style he has in some of his songs. But as much as i've been listening to the kanye album, I've been listening to the 9thwonder album from murs. That album is better than both of these albums. I also saw one of murs's videos on youtube and it is hilarious because it is punchout themed. Look it up, its for the song murrays revenge.

[quote name='xmrblondex']my favorite tracks off the kanye album are graduation, champion, can't tell me nothing, and big brother. I kind of like the newer electronic style he has in some of his songs. But as much as i've been listening to the kanye album, I've been listening to the 9thwonder album from murs. That album is better than both of these albums. I also saw one of murs's videos on youtube and it is hilarious because it is punchout themed. Look it up, its for the song murrays revenge.[/quote]
that vid is funny as hell

[quote name='Thomas96']Kanye's been involved in a lot more hits than 50 cent.. Look through Jay z's album inserts every hit has K. West... because it was him writing those lyrics for Jay z, and coming up with those beats. 50 cent, needs beats, he can't create his own. That's why if its him vs. K. West, he'll lose everytime...[/quote]
Get Rich or Die Tryin' alone has sold more than all three of Kanye's albums combined.
Kanye has 3 top 10 hits. 50 Cent has 7.

Only two of Jay-Z's top 10 hits were produced by Kanye. And I doubt Jay-Z has Kanye write his songs for him.

[quote name='Thomas96']Kanye's been involved in a lot more hits than 50 cent.. Look through Jay z's album inserts every hit has K. West... because it was him writing those lyrics for Jay z, and coming up with those beats. 50 cent, needs beats, he can't create his own. That's why if its him vs. K. West, he'll lose everytime...[/quote]
Kanye can't write shit. I don't belive that he wrote anything for Jay.

And most rappers don't make beats. I reallky don't think that should matter if we're talking about rapping ability.

I love all music. I still stand by my belief, anyone with prejudice against any type of music without having heard all the different types is a border-line racist with a serious close-minded issue.

Gangster rap took a really bad turn for hip-hop and even caused a few of my favorite emcees to quit the game. Mos DEF retiring almost made me so angry I wanted to punch someone.

Kanye West's album has its strong points, but most of it is the fact that what he puts out there really sinks into you. It's not just, "Hey I'm gonna **** this girl and pour wine on her and then sell some dope". It's more like, "Hey this is what's going on with the country" and stuff like that.

People like it for substance.

50 does have some songs you can bump in the car. "I Get Money" is 100% truth. You can't hate 50 for making that song. Why would you? It's 100% truth. It's not like he's saying I get money from selling dope. He even said in the song, he endorsed Vitamin Water and it made him 400 million dollars. Why are you gonna get mad at him for saying that when it's the truth?

But even my friend, heavily into gangster rap, he's even Blood affiliated and used to do some illegal stuff. He put it simple, "There's some stuff 50 spits about that you just can't believe. Like if he says he's cooking in his kitchen or shooting people. He might have a crew that can do that for him, but he has no reason to bang, he's a rich celebrity."

A lot of people just aren't feeling him like that anymore.

I stopped listening to mainstream rap because of situations like that. Now I went back to listening to 311, Sublime, Killswitch Engage, Stabbing Westward, Nine Inch Nails, stuff like that.

I'll still put Jedi Mind Tricks on from time to time.

By the way, is 50 gonna live up to his promise? I wonder what excuse he'll make for not retiring.

Didn't someone say he did this stunt before, lost, and didn't retire? If that's true, then he probably won't be retiring.

[quote name='2poor']Didn't someone say he did this stunt before, lost, and didn't retire? If that's true, then he probably won't be retiring.[/quote]
Even if someone said that, it isn't true. Perhaps you're thinking about Jay-Z?

50 himself said he wouldn't retire. Regardless of what happens in the US, Curtis will still outsell Graduation worldwide and be #1 on the United World Chart, if not the Billboard 200. Curtis is already #1 in Austraila, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, etc. Graduation only has the UK thus far.

[quote name='NamelessMC']I love all music. I still stand by my belief, anyone with prejudice against any type of music without having heard all the different types is a border-line racist with a serious close-minded issue.

Gangster rap took a really bad turn for hip-hop and even caused a few of my favorite emcees to quit the game. Mos DEF retiring almost made me so angry I wanted to punch someone.

[/quote]

The problem with that is that is impossible to hear all types of of a musical genre.

That is why I love instrumentals. There are few people in hip-hop anymore that say anything I want to listen to. In general I love most instrumental Ihear regardless of who they are from. That way I can still enjoy the music aspect.

One of the best things I heard about gansta rap was this...

Most of the time you hear gangsta rappers saying they are just "keeping it real" or telling what they know about when it comes to violence and misogyny in their music because that is what they are around most of their lives. In comparision, look at negro spirituals during times of slavery. They weren't singing about despair and negativity all the time even in the harshest of conditions, things which 50 Cent or anyone else couldn't even imagine. The lyrics where postive and filled with hope. This was during a time in which there was no freedom of choice like people have today. A lot of these gangsta rappers have no idea what real struggle is. I f they went to Liberia or Darfur today they would think differently.

[quote name='2poor']You know he reviews music as a job right? Granted that doesn't mean he knows everything about music, but he probably knows more about good music than you do. Both albums fucking suck.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thanks, man. Not really a job, just freelance stuff that I do for OkayPlayer.

[quote name='ricoraney']You obviously don't know good music when you hear it. Kanye's album is pure "Fire". Fitty is whack as hell. I give it to him he is a good business man, but it ends there. There is no way you can compare the two from a lyrical standpoint, a creative standpoint, or an intellectual standpoint. Kanye bests him in all of these. He is clearly the better rapper. Has better content. Every track on the CD is hot! I never bought his other 2, but the girl that worked in a CD World that I went to told me she listened to the entire CD the day of the release and said the whole CD was hot, so I bought it. Listened to the CD the next day and I was very pleased and impressed. Great Album!
The "Ghetto-Thug-Rappers" are a-dime-a dozen. Fitty is just the boss of em all. He can not touch Kanye' PERIOD![/QUOTE]

Graduation is fire? Maybe some of the beats, but Kanye's rapping has gone amazingly downhill. If I could find a strictly instrumental version of Graduation, I'd be more apt to buying it.

Also, did I say anything about 50 in my post? No, I didn't. I know Curtis will be trash because he lost his hunger after releasing Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

[quote name='Thomas96']Kanye's been involved in a lot more hits than 50 cent.. Look through Jay z's album inserts every hit has K. West... because it was him writing those lyrics for Jay z, and coming up with those beats. 50 cent, needs beats, he can't create his own. That's why if its him vs. K. West, he'll lose everytime...[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that Ye wrote lyrics for Jay. And by "really doubt," I mean that there is no fucking way.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']
I really doubt that Ye wrote lyrics for Jay. And by "really doubt," I mean that there is no fucking way.[/quote]
QFT jay doesnt even write most of the time.

I downloaded both Albums and can say Kanye's album was ok, 50's is utter garbage. I'm glad I didn't pay for either one. I only liked Stronger and Flashing Lights from Graduation. Stronger lost some of its appeal once I found out he stole the beat from Daft Punk.

kb50.jpg

I personally don't listen to much rap but I figured you guys would be interested in knowing that Kanye is beating 50Cent on Rhapsody in terms of streams and downloads.

It was projected that Kanye would sell about 100k more albums after the first day sales. Billboard predicted about 750k for Ye and 600k for 50.

I never understood why people like 50 to begin with. I haven't heard the latest CD but his first two were awful, IMO, and I was really looking forward to Get Rich around the time it came out. There are so many better rappers out there but I guess he's a great marketer. Kanye's first 2 CDs were at least enjoyable (although ALL skits on ALL rap CDs have gots to go)...

EDIT: HAHA - remember THIS thread?

I thought Get Rich or Die Tryin' was one of the greatest album's i've heard really, every track was fire. "If I Can't" & "Many Men" were sick.

Sad to see he's lost his hunger.

[quote name='daphatty']I downloaded both Albums and can say Kanye's album was ok, 50's is utter garbage. I'm glad I didn't pay for either one. I only liked Stronger and Flashing Lights from Graduation. Stronger lost some of its appeal once I found out he stole the beat from Daft Punk.[/QUOTE]

I thought that, then I realized how terrible Daft Punk is.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPdVVOmbz4[/media]

[quote name='daphatty']I downloaded both Albums and can say Kanye's album was ok, 50's is utter garbage. I'm glad I didn't pay for either one. I only liked Stronger and Flashing Lights from Graduation. Stronger lost some of its appeal once I found out he stole the beat from Daft Punk.[/quote]

He didn't "steal" it from Daft Punk. They collaberated with him, they are even in the video. The 2 songs really shouldnt be compared as they are both different styles.

I dont mind their music, and I havent read every post in this thread but did anybody ever play 50 cent's video game? that was the worst fuckin game ever! That game sucked shit bad.

[quote name='zewone']Wow, they're garbage. Worse than Carlos Mencia.[/QUOTE]

I prefer their earlier stuff (Homework). Little to no sampling there.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']More reports are coming in that Kanye is close to one million.

Damn.[/QUOTE]
Yeah he's at about 930,000.........

Who the hell is buying that garbage (outside of IDJ)? I wonder if the main reason people are buying it is because they hate 50 Cent, want to see him lose, and actually think he'll retire if they buy Kanye's CD.

By that logic, I'm sure K-Fed would've gone diamond had Bush bet his presidency on Playing With Fire flopping.

bread's done
Back