$50 GameCube Trade-In EBGS

Blaine

CAGiversary!
I'd like to have someone confirm this for me, but as I stopped by to put $5 on Card Fighter's Clash for the DS, I was told that the GameCube trade in value was increased from $25 to $30 as well there's an additional $20 trade-in promotion running until November 5th, bringing the grand total to $50.

*confirmed by cags*

50 bucks in credit today. tis a shame that i traded in a whole console today, and in one month i will use the money to purchase a single remote control for its replacement.

dropped my gamecube today despite the EBgames people's incompetence.................................
I can say this is the first console I've traded in, not counting my original GBA.

It's so tempting to sell my indigo knowing I can get rebuy a jetblack one for the same price in a few months.

Funny, I just put my GB player on ebay last weekend. It was used, and I got $60 shipped for it! That's about $50 after shipping and fees.

Funny though... I bought it for $16 used at GameRush in early summer. Yay for profit!

I was thinking for trading in the PS2, even if the PS3 isn't fully BC, you could use the money from the PS2 to then buy a slim PS2 when it drops in price.

[quote name='mattcube64']Funny, I just put my GB player on ebay last weekend. It was used, and I got $60 shipped for it! That's about $50 after shipping and fees.

Funny though... I bought it for $16 used at GameRush in early summer. Yay for profit![/QUOTE]

That's where I got mine. Except I haven't used it - just sliced open the packaging to get the UPC for a Pricegrabber rebate. Now I wish I hadn't done that :cry:, though it is essentially new and sealed (I just slid out the insert and nothing else, then put it back in) - I just have to say it is partly unsealed :D.

[quote name='Gycot']50 bucks in credit today. tis a shame that i traded in a whole console today, and in one month i will use the money to purchase a single remote control for its replacement.[/quote]

Yeah Ive never traded in a console before, but the Cube is going today. Its too good of a deal to pass up and I never really got into it besides Smash Brothers.

So, were you guys the same dudes who traded in your N64 during 1999-2000 as well? :p

Still got my N64, near mint and with Super Mario 64. Virtual console will provide me with endless titles...but it will never replace titles like SM64 and Chrono Trigger (if CT does come out for it).

Just got back from trading in my Gamecube for $50. You might want to print out the offer details on the website before you go as the guy working at my store had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the extra $20. He read my print out and then called a neighboring store to confirm. They didn't even test the system or have me sign anything he just threw it on the floor with everything else and put my credit into GoW. :)

No dice finding those GBA Players that my local Kmart had a lil while back. Oh well if only I had know what they were worth then... :cry:

dont do this deal people all nintendo will do is take these apartand put all the insides into a wii console shell. dont fall for the hype or the scam keep your cubes and make them make new wii/cubes lmao.

[quote name='lokizz']dont do this deal people all nintendo will do is take these apartand put all the insides into a wii console shell. dont fall for the hype or the scam keep your cubes and make them make new wii/cubes lmao.[/quote]:rofl:

[quote name='nintendokid']So, were you guys the same dudes who traded in your N64 during 1999-2000 as well? :p

Still got my N64, near mint and with Super Mario 64. Virtual console will provide me with endless titles...but it will never replace titles like SM64 and Chrono Trigger (if CT does come out for it).[/QUOTE]

Nope, still have my NES, SNES, and N64. The difference though is that the wii does everything the gamecube does and more. My SNES carts wouldnt fit in my n64. It might have been different if the other consoles were backwards compatible but with the wii there is no reason(maybe except for the gameboy player which i dont use) .

I've never had a GBA and now that I have a DS, see no reason to get one. I can always pick up a cube for like $15 later on to complete my nintendo consoles again.

Man this is a hard decision. I have so much love for my GC. Plus I have the GBA player and component cables. My fiancee wants to keep hers though so maybe I will. I'll just be sad to see it go :(

I just came back from trading my xbox and I only got $65.00 total for it, It was a refurbished unit and I bought it used so I guess after all I did not loose too much on it from what I originally paid for it, but I was expecting at least the $70.00 in credit :bomb:

More for my Wife's Wii fund :bouncy:

I've been flipping GBA players on Amazon that I find at gamestop. Decent profit, and they sell fast.

Best deal was a week or so ago I was at an EB games and asked if they had one. Emp went in the back and brought one out. He said, "There is a problem, the moron who took this in trade rec'd it as a network adapter, so I have to sell it to you for that price."

It was $2.99

In retrospect I probably should have kept my Gameboy Player, since now I don't have anything backlit that will play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games :( (I'd GLADLY pay extra for a DS that could still run those games!)

How much does a 360 go for? Right now the main reason I'm keeping it is just 'cause it has VGA compatibility.

Whoops...

Does the Playstation 2 "Slim" (PSTwo) really not run those extra games? And why on Earth not? What did they change that would do that?

This is scary...maybe I can't run Lunar 2 anymore!?!

As far as the PS3 BC goes, how is it going to work with MGS3's multiplayer? I don't see how they could make that work.

[quote name='Jatsu']As far as the PS3 BC goes, how is it going to work with MGS3's multiplayer? I don't see how they could make that work.[/QUOTE]

Other then some lag issues, it works surprisingly well.

Hmm, can't decide if I want to do this. I could use the $50 credit towards the 360 HD DVD player. And get about $100 total for the GB Player and component cables on ebay.

OTOH, I still have 8 GC games unfinished. And I wasn't planning on getting the Wii for awhile. Have plenty of other games to keep my busy though, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Decisions...

I just got a call that I can get 20% extra Trade in Value if I put it towards the PS3 Preorder I have. NO EXCLUSIONS. Do you guys think it'll stack?

[quote name='Zoglog']I just got a call that I can get 20% extra Trade in Value if I put it towards the PS3 Preorder I have. NO EXCLUSIONS. Do you guys think it'll stack?[/QUOTE]

No, but you can try.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Do you guys think they'll get mad if I bring in 3 or 4 gamecubes?[/QUOTE]

Why, are you planning on raiding some dorm rooms? An offer is an offer as long as there's no limit on the promotion.

[quote name='Puppy']In retrospect I probably should have kept my Gameboy Player, since now I don't have anything backlit that will play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games :( (I'd GLADLY pay extra for a DS that could still run those games!)[/quote]

Get a GBA SP2 with the "New Brighter Screen".

I would, except what I'm worried about is the battery. The SP won't run without having a battery in there (even if it's plugged in), and Litium batteries have a short shelf life. I figure the system won't work if I buy one and leave it on the shelf and try to pull it out five or ten years from now.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Do you guys think they'll get mad if I bring in 3 or 4 gamecubes?[/QUOTE]

I would try and spread them out if you can. Maybe different stores or just wait and trade like two per week. The deal is going on until november.

[quote name='mzbagel']Why, are you planning on raiding some dorm rooms? An offer is an offer as long as there's no limit on the promotion.[/quote]

Dorm kids don't play Gamecube.

Traded in my gamecube with this deal, but no extra 10% (Which is strange, last year they let me use the card towards a trade in console...), but I also brought in a 3rd party wireless controller and got $7 + 30% coupon + 10% edge card stacked on that. I was hoping he might mess up in my favor and stack the 30% on the cube too, but it was a no go, ah well.

After reading this thread, and seeing all the talk about the Gameboy Player, I put mine up on Amazon around 2pm EST. That ish JUST sold!!! 50 bucks in my pocket!!

Gonna go trade in that Gamecube tomorrow for another 50!

Wii better be damn worth it!

[quote name='soliddragon']After reading this thread, and seeing all the talk about the Gameboy Player, I put mine up on Amazon around 2pm EST. That ish JUST sold!!! 50 bucks in my pocket!!

Gonna go trade in that Gamecube tomorrow for another 50!

Wii better be damn worth it![/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding. I'm gonna do that.

Apparently these things are selling like hotcakes!! All mine every did was make my Gamecube a little to tall for my entertainment center shelf. Lol!

Its worth CASH MONEY!

Holy Smokes they're going for 60ish on Ebay. Going to put it up tomorrow. Maybe start it at $20, since I got it on clearance for $25 and see where it goes to. Maybe have it up there foor two days.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Can I use a 3rd Party Madcatz AV Cables? or does it have to be the Gamecube ones?[/quote]

I just traded one in tonight with 3rd party AV cables and I didn't have any trouble.

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']I just traded one in tonight with 3rd party AV cables and I didn't have any trouble.[/quote]

Nice.

[quote name='xghostsniperx']Wait, they're supposed to stack the 10% card with the trade-in for the GC? The guy told me systems don't work with the card. What gives?[/quote]

I was told that same thing this summer when I traded in my PSP. I was a little miffed at that but they were running the additional $20 deal via a GI coupon, so it was still worth my while.

[quote name='Puppy']Whoops...

Does the Playstation 2 "Slim" (PSTwo) really not run those extra games? And why on Earth not? What did they change that would do that?

This is scary...maybe I can't run Lunar 2 anymore!?![/QUOTE]

I can now confirm that that list is kind of bogus. Lunar 2 runs FINE on the new Playstation 2. From the feedback, some other games that were on that list were bogus too, and others just have very minor graphical glitches in a few places (like exiting a menu and re-entering clears it up).

bread's done
Back