$50 GameCube Trade-In EBGS

Blaine

CAGiversary!
I'd like to have someone confirm this for me, but as I stopped by to put $5 on Card Fighter's Clash for the DS, I was told that the GameCube trade in value was increased from $25 to $30 as well there's an additional $20 trade-in promotion running until November 5th, bringing the grand total to $50.

*confirmed by cags*

I'm torn, because I still want to play Smash Brothers, Ikaruga, and Eternal Darkness, I just don't want to need a gamecube to do it.
...So is the Wii going to have gamecube games available too?

Keep your Extra Game Cube Controllers and Memory Cards and plug them into the Wii and u are play any Gamecube game ya want! I saved my games and controllers and went and traded in my Gamecube! 50.00 no problems at all! its really a good deal, saved you 50.00 and u can still play all the games u own, no loss at all unless u are a collector. 1/5 the Wii paid for! Cant beat that for no Loss!

Would Gamestop give me any troubles if I brought in multiple Cube systems for trade? I can get them for $25 at my work. If I brought in five Cubes, well that's a half price Wii system right there.

[quote name='discostu1981']Would Gamestop give me any troubles if I brought in multiple Cube systems for trade? I can get them for $25 at my work. If I brought in five Cubes, well that's a half price Wii system right there.[/quote]

Eh, I dunno, I guess it depends on the employees. I'd just avoid the possibility and just take em to different gamestops/EBs since the credit is now universal you can just combine it all together.

Does anybody know if the Logitech Wheel for the Gamecube will work on the Wii? I also have the pedals.

[quote name='cn']Does anybody know if the Logitech Wheel for the Gamecube will work on the Wii? I also have the pedals.[/quote]

The Wii has ports for old GC controllers so I would think so.

Just got back from EB a bit ago. I traded in my Cube and got $65.00 for it, the guy let me use the additional 30% coupon from Game Informer. I also traded in an extra control, 1 memory card 59 and 1 1019. I received the extra 10% on the accesories with my edge card, and then an additional 30% on top of that with the coupon. I got a total of $90.17 in credit for everything! Great deal OP!

Remember that as far as we know you WILL need a controller and memory card for your Wii (to run Gamecube games), so save at least some of them!

Hahah you got more than what they actually sell the cube for, IF they can actually sell it that is..

This is not a good business model, i dont know why they are doing this, there must be a reason, maybe they are making a lot of money on people trading in controllers, memory cards and games along with their systems.

Also, you can give a 3rd party controller with your system so just give them your worst controller and save your other stuff for the wii.

I am keeping my cube though and i dont plan on buying a wii for a long time, also i use the gameboy player so i wouldnt want to get rid of it also i am a collector.

Everyone knows the gameboy player is starting to get rare right, dont trade them in if you can help it!!!!!

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']This whole deal doesnt make sense....Gamestop sells the Gamecubes for 59.99 used...and nobodys buying them. Not their best business plan.[/quote]

Come on, you know how it works..they'll lose money on every sale, but make it up in volume.

I'm betting they're stockpiling GC's and will blow them out soon after the Wii launch, hoping to make the real $ on software and accessory sales for those po' folk that really want a Wii but can't or won't spring for one. I predict a $29.99 used Gamecube sale before the end of the year. At that price, I'd buy one.

Does EB/GS credit ever expire?

The reason I ask is I have Gamecube to trade in but I won't be able to afford a Wii until February. And thats really the only thing that interests me in gaming now

[quote name='Iroquois Pliskin']Does EB/GS credit ever expire?

The reason I ask is I have Gamecube to trade in but I won't be able to afford a Wii until February. And thats really the only thing that interests me in gaming now[/quote]
Doubt it, stores usually only let it expire after 1 year

and then it gradually goes down by month

Time to say goodbye to my Gamecube. But I will bring my Wii fund up to $250, basically covering it completely (the other $200 came from selling my N64 stuff) and I can then turn around and sell the component cables for $40-50 taking care of one of the three games I plan on buying.

Traded in the cube for $50 tonight.

Did keep my memory card and my wavebird for the Wii though!

[quote name='Iroquois Pliskin']Does EB/GS credit ever expire?

The reason I ask is I have Gamecube to trade in but I won't be able to afford a Wii until February. And thats really the only thing that interests me in gaming now[/QUOTE]

In the past it hasn't had any experation date. As someone else mentioned, most places it starts decreasing if you don't use it, so it's possible Gamestop has changed to that system recently.

I'm thinking about trading in my PS2. The problem is that I got it from my brother and the tray looks all jacked up. It's missing the cover that has the PS2 logo on it, if that makes sense.

My questions is will EB take it despite it's bad looks? It loads every game perfectly.

Where can I pick up Gamecube's for $50 or less?

I have never had one, I won't be getting a Wii, and if I can get 2 GCs for super cheap, it would be a dream for my kids.

[quote name='donssword']Where can I pick up Gamecube's for $50 or less?

I have never had one, I won't be getting a Wii, and if I can get 2 GCs for super cheap, it would be a dream for my kids.[/QUOTE]

You can pick mine up for $50. I haven't brought my 'Cube into GAmestop yet.

Do they test systems thoroughly before they give you the credit? My Cube's a champ, but it gets a little disc-read-error-y when it's not well ventilated or in a hot room altogether.

[quote name='theGrue']Do they test systems thoroughly before they give you the credit? My Cube's a champ, but it gets a little disc-read-error-y when it's not well ventilated or in a hot room altogether.[/quote]

They usually don't test it at all =/

[quote name='theGrue']Do they test systems thoroughly before they give you the credit? My Cube's a champ, but it gets a little disc-read-error-y when it's not well ventilated or in a hot room altogether.[/QUOTE]

I've had one location which tested only if it turned off and on, and one location which didn't test a thing, just said it looked like it was in pristine condition and didn't check it at all, but I am becoming a 'regular' there. I've never seen it plugged into a tv so it's unlikely they'd rest for any disc read errors to my knowledge.

They tested mine- played about 10 min of MGS:TS. Mine has always worked fine so I wasn't worried. If yours has had any problems, you might have to try a couple of different stores before you find one that wont check it.

Hey guys I had a question. How much would I get if I traded in my Cube alongwith 10 games? (Wind Waker, Fzero, RE4, Soul Calibur 2, Baten Kaitos, etc.) I have never traded something before so I was wondering.

It seems as if it would be better to sell the cube to EBgames and sell the games online. Any suggestions?

When I traded mine in the guy just threw it in a pile of crap on the floor. He never even looked at it except to enter the serial number into the system when you trade it. I guess they just test them later or something....

I'll definitely be taking advantage of this. Anyone know how much the XBox gets in trade in? (Sorry if already covered, haven't read the whole thread yet, just bits and pieces)

Traded in my Xbox today for $45, their system wouldn't give me the extra $20 but i'm going back tomorrow with the e-mail EB sent me and the manager said he'll credit me then.. it was close to closing time too.. Anyhoo, i traded in my Xbox, an extra controller, 2 mem cards, a microphone and headset plus 81 games and i got $249.95.. not too shabby since i haven't used my Xbox in months. So, i bought my daughter a pink DSLite and 3 games and still have plenty of credit left.. going back to trade in my GC and 22 games tomorrow.

[quote name='toadielurks']plus 81 games and i got $249.95.. and 22 games tomorrow.[/quote]

ouch. Where were you when the trade in 3 get $10 more deal was going on....that would have brought in $340 more credit.

Yeah, no kidding. You could of gotten more than double that just a few weeks ago. If you would've got lucky and been able to stack it ontop of the 30% and MORE card, you could of easily got more than $600 for all that.

[quote name='Pookymeister']ouch. Where were you when the trade in 3 get $10 more deal was going on....that would have brought in $340 more credit.[/quote]

Perhaps they were all old sports games?

unfortunately i've been very busy lately - had i known of for the 3 for extra $10 - trust me i would have done it then.. nope i had very few sports games actually.. mainly shooters/rpg

[quote name='mackaikai']PS. 3rd party controller is fine. save your nintendo brand ones[/QUOTE]

Ohhh~ Thanks for the reminder. I'm trading mine in to tomorrow.

[quote name='munch']I'm thinking about trading in my PS2. The problem is that I got it from my brother and the tray looks all jacked up. It's missing the cover that has the PS2 logo on it, if that makes sense.

My questions is will EB take it despite it's bad looks? It loads every game perfectly.[/QUOTE]

I'm bumping this to see if anyone has and advice/experience on the matter.

[quote name='munch']I'm bumping this to see if anyone has and advice/experience on the matter.[/quote]

Yes, but they'll probably slap you with a refurbishing fee. Ebay it for $40 or $50.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Yes, but they'll probably slap you with a refurbishing fee. Ebay it for $40 or $50.[/QUOTE]

How much is a refurbishing fee?

[quote name='soliddragon']Traded Gamecube: $50.00
Amazoned Gameboy Player: $54.00
Amazoned Broadband Adapter: $20.00

Total: $124.00

Deal = teh sweet!
Thanks OP[/quote]

Haha! shit, totally forgot I had a broadband adapter in my GC, thanks for reminding me. Never used the damn thing...

A coupla questions:

*Can I use the +30% GI coupon with this?

*(kind of off topic but) If you can't use the +30%, I'm going to sell my Cube on eBay. I want to sell the GameCube itself (with one controller and the necesary cords), two memory cards (forget exactly what kind, they're both grey, the first Nintendo ones made for the system), 5 games: AC, RE4, Killer 7, Metroid Prime 1, and ToS, and a GameBoy Player. In what groupings should I sell these in to make the most profit? Should I just group them all together? Just sell the GameBoy Player seperate? What?

[quote name='MetalBuu']A coupla questions:

*Can I use the +30% GI coupon with this?

*(kind of off topic but) If you can't use the +30%, I'm going to sell my Cube on eBay. I want to sell the GameCube itself (with one controller and the necesary cords), two memory cards (forget exactly what kind, they're both grey, the first Nintendo ones made for the system), 5 games: AC, RE4, Killer 7, Metroid Prime 1, and ToS, and a GameBoy Player. In what groupings should I sell these in to make the most profit? Should I just group them all together? Just sell the GameBoy Player seperate? What?[/quote]

General rule is you get more by selling everything separately. I'd sell the system and accessories together, maybe with MP1 bundled in, then all the games and the GB player separately

bread's done
Back